Profile for Randy Given > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 944

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Randy Given RSS Feed (Manchester, CT USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Guardians of the Galaxy (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Guardians of the Galaxy (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Chris Pratt
Price: $19.99
15 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as Big as the Hype, December 19, 2014
This wasn't as good as the hype led me to believe, but it was good. Decent acting and effects. Much of the plot was predictable, but that also has its positive side. It made for enjoyable viewing.

When the Game Stands Tall [Blu-ray]
When the Game Stands Tall [Blu-ray]
Price: $24.96
35 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Feel-Good Movie, December 12, 2014
This is a good feel-good movie. Not great, but good. Parts of it are predictable, but there are a few unexpected turns.

Unfortunately, it's more realistic from a teen's point of view (OK, at least my childhood a long time ago!). Not everything is happy-go-lucky in many lives. It's tough turning bad things into good and this movie doesn't pretend to do that.

The acting is very good. A couple tear-jerking scenes, some inspiring scenes, some brief comic scenes.

Sonic Highways
Sonic Highways
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, But Not Great, December 6, 2014
This review is from: Sonic Highways (MP3 Music)
Good, but not great. When I heard the first couple chords, I thought "wait, I've heard this before". But, it changes after that. Still, it never really pulled me in.

I think the concept is great and look forward to seeing some of the TV episodes sometime, but I'm wanting this for the musical appreciation. It just didn't click for me. Not bad, and not badly done, just not quite up to my (possibly unrealistic) expectations.

Corsair Apple Certified 8GB (2x4GB)  DDR3 1333 MHz (PC3 10666) Laptop Memory (CMSA8GX3M2A1333C9)
Corsair Apple Certified 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333 MHz (PC3 10666) Laptop Memory (CMSA8GX3M2A1333C9)
Price: $84.00
64 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well in mid-2011 iMac, December 5, 2014
Works great in iMac 21.5" (mid-2011). I was concerned about compatibility, but works well. Was easy to install as well. Although my old memory was PC3 10600 and what is spec'd, the PC3 10666 apparently is the same. Sounds like some call 10600, some 10666, and some 10700, but all the same.

SPERRY Men's Son-R Sounder Water Shoes, Gunmetal 9
SPERRY Men's Son-R Sounder Water Shoes, Gunmetal 9
Offered by Eastern Mountain Sports, Inc.
Price: $90.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Just So-So, November 22, 2014
These are just so-so. I had to replace some old water shoes and had been discontinued. I looked and looked and ended up with these. I'd read some bad reviews, as well as good ones, so decide to try them.

My pair lasted only a couple months. I took good care of them, but I did get out occasionally to do some geocaching, but I think the thing that did them in was the "strain" of carrying the kayak around on uneven ground. However, that terrain is to be expected at any boat launch. I was really disappointed when the sides broke on both feet.

Once again, I looked around and ended up getting another pair of them. I've only used them a few times before it got too cold for me this year. Will have to see how well they work in the spring. If this pair also splits, I'll really have to consider something else.

NRS Boat Sponge Brown One Size
NRS Boat Sponge Brown One Size
Offered by coloradokayak
Price: $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, November 22, 2014
This review is from: NRS Boat Sponge
I have one of these for each of our two kayaks. Now that I've been kayaking some, I get less run-off from the paddle, but still get splashing, some breaks over the bow, the occasional rain storm, etc. This soaks up a lot of water and is easy to squeeze.

It's easy to throw around inside the kayak without getting banged. I'd worried about losing it, but previously I'd had one with an attachment but it didn't work as well and got dirty easily (that wouldn't clean off).

After kayaking, I use it to wipe down the outside. I've had other kayakers ask to buy it, too!

AUDIOQUEST - FOREST USB B-PLUG (1.5m)
AUDIOQUEST - FOREST USB B-PLUG (1.5m)
Offered by Huppins
Price: $38.75
7 used & new from $38.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-Built Cable, November 22, 2014
Could I tell a difference? Not sure, so I'll err on saying no difference in this case. Still, I'd buy it again. It's a good price for a well-built cable. Lots of times, electrical problems (which sometimes results in audible issues) are the result of poor connectors and/or poor connections. A well-built cable like this helps minimize or eliminate those issues.

AQUA-BOUND BilgeMaster Pump, 14 in.
AQUA-BOUND BilgeMaster Pump, 14 in.
Offered by Eastern Mountain Sports, Inc.
Price: $34.95
3 used & new from $34.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, November 22, 2014
This works very well. I'd looked around for something to use in my kayak. Of course, I have a sponge, but that's not for moving large amounts of water, especially in an emergency.

I don't white-water (yet!) and mine isn't a sea kay, but I've been in 2-3 foot waves with it. One of those times this bilge came in handy because I got a lot of water over the front from some of the waves breaking. And one time waves breaking over the rear when some jet ski took off just as I was launching. He floored it and the wake splashed over the stern. Needed to bilge it, then.

This shoots good streams without much effort. I was worried about the 14in not being high enough, because that's about the max height inside my kayak, but angling it shoots the water well overboard.

Also, you can get a great deal of water out down to the bottom. Just keep using it until there's no water (maybe 1/4") and then keep the handle extended, take it out and put it over the side and then pump it. Leaves hardly any water behind.

Jeff Dunham: All Over the Map [Blu-ray]
Jeff Dunham: All Over the Map [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Jeff Dunham
Price: $14.39
26 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Different but Good, November 21, 2014
We'd been waiting for this for about 6 months. We'd seen him in Hawaii and we were hoping it would be on his next video. It was just at the end of the movie, when he's back in the States and going on stage, but we're thrilled we were there when that part was filmed (the show was great, of course).

This is different from a regular full-show approach. It's bits from different shows in different countries, but it shows the local flavor and improv in each. And it shows locals in the streets and wherever else they may be.

It's definitely one to watch for the variety. Quite the talented guy!

Double Vision
Double Vision
Price: $4.99
89 used & new from $0.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Bag, November 15, 2014
This review is from: Double Vision (Audio CD)
It's a mixed bag. Some great songs, which probably gets most people to buy the album. But, some mediocre songs as well.

I tried the higher-resolution version as well. Yes, it's nice, not great. Not sure it was worth the extra for just the few songs I wanted.

However, it's still worth owning for those few songs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20