Profile for James R. Bjugstad > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

James R. Bjugstad RSS Feed (SAINT FRANCIS, WI United States)

Defender SENTINEL11 4 CH H.264 15-Inch LCD-DVR Security System with Mobile Phone Access and 4 Indoor/Outdoor Night Vision Surveillance Cameras

4.0 out of 5 stars Good system for the money, with a few weak points, April 7, 2010
I bought this for installation at our church. The system is quite complete, with all the cords, connectors, etc that one needs. I did also order the 4 pack of extension cables, and needed all 4 of them (one per camera) due to the layout of our church office, and not having any basement in which to run the cables.

As noted elsewhere, the camera's ball mount is not the most sturdy, but I haven't noticed any shifting in position - yet. Once installed, the four cameras all worked, and so did the monitor/DVR. However, one camera did not work well in low light mode, with lots of dancing horizontal lines in the picture, which pretty much obscures the image. When the lights are on in that back hallway, the picture clears up perfectly, so it only affects the low light mode. I sat on the phone for ten minutes with no answer (being told I was first in line the whole time), gave up, and emailed for customer service. It took Defender's customer service over 3 business days to answer my email (instead of the promised 24 hours), but they will issue an RMA for the exchange of the camera. Also, their online customer support chat has never been working when I've looked.

After much effort, I was able to network the DVR and set up the port-forwarding on the router to enable viewing over the internet on my home PC. The video also is viewable from my Blackberry, which is pretty cool! The Defender-USA website has good resources available, including router-specific networking instructions, in a video format.

The image quality is quite good in normal mode, and acceptable in low-light mode.
All in all, I give this system high marks for affordability and functionality, with demerits for the chintzy mounts and the less than stellar customer service access and response time.

St. Elsewhere - Season 1
St. Elsewhere - Season 1
DVD ~ Ed Flanders
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $18.24
73 used & new from $5.73

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the best shows ever, technical quality abysmal!, July 7, 2009
This review is from: St. Elsewhere - Season 1 (DVD)
My review title pretty much says it all. For me, St. Elsewhere is one of the best television shows ever, and watching it again is a wonderfully nostalgic experience. That said, the technical quality of this DVD set should be a total embarrassment to Fox and the series producers. The picture is washed out and SNOWY like a Vhs taping of a poor quality over-the-air broadcast. Absolutely shameful, especially for a series that was carefully (if I recall) originally produced on photographic filmstock. I cannot understand the overall high rating this DVD set is being given by Amazon reviewers. WE DESERVE BETTER, PEOPLE!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2012 11:50 AM PST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money!, June 19, 2009
I bought this planning to use it camping and for emergency (power outage) use at home. It ran my large (25 cubic foot) side by side refrigerator and a bunch of other stuff (lights, tv, computer, chargers)at the same time. It runs my camper's AC, refrigerator, and other equipment with no problem as well. Fuel consumption was surprisingly low.
I expected it to be pretty crude for the price, but it starts easily, runs smoothly and fairly quietly, and looks good. I will be very careful to change oil frequently, and I plan to upgrade to Mobil 1 synthetic after the break-in period. I'll also be careful to stabilize the fuel and drain it for storage, as failure to do that is often the death knell for power equipment.
It was amazing that my Amazon Prime membership included free 2-day shipping on this.

Left Behind: A Novel of the Earth's Last Days (Left Behind No. 1)
Left Behind: A Novel of the Earth's Last Days (Left Behind No. 1)
by Jerry B. Jenkins
2383 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Theology, worse writing!, December 2, 2008
This is all based on Darbyism... a faulty British import theology of the 19th Century.
Before Darby, the book of Revelation was understood to be "allegory", concerning the persecution of early Christians by the Emperor Domitian.
Read Barbara Rossing's "The Rapture Exposed" to discover that the book of Revelation is really a message of HOPE! Our God is a God of Love, not a God of Destruction!

Behringer 1204FX Xenyx Premium 12-Input 2/2-Bus Mixer with Xenyx Mic Preamps, British Eqs, 24-Bit Multi-Fx Processor And Usb Audio Interface

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, quiet, and cheap!, November 28, 2008
This mixer is very versatile, with lots of inputs, phantom power, built-in eq, and great built-in effects. It is super quiet, and comes with the USB interface. I've added some Behringer mikes (both dynamic and condenser types), and have a great little digital home studio for under $400 total outlay!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2009 11:58 PM PDT

Samson SP01 Spider Shockmount
Samson SP01 Spider Shockmount
Price: $29.95
17 used & new from $19.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I Took a Chance..., November 28, 2008
I was looking around for a shock mount to use with my new Behringer C1 condenser mike. The Samson mikes appeared to have the same mounting system so I took a chance and ordered the SP01. It fits and works perfectly with my Behringer mike! The mount appears to be well made, is attractive, and does the job.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2014 10:19 AM PST