Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Husker Red > Reviews

Browse

Husker Red's Profile

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Husker Red RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Caldwell Lead Sled Plus Recoil Reducing Rifle Rest
Caldwell Lead Sled Plus Recoil Reducing Rifle Rest
Price: $109.99
62 used & new from $99.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for recoil, not so much for sighting in scope., January 21, 2016
I bought this for help sighting in the scope on my rifles. That might have been my mistake. I think it works well for reducing recoil, but I'm not thrilled about it for stability. The front rest holds on with two Velcro straps that I can't get very tight to the metal base of the front rest, so it slides around a bit. The front bag has a wide u-shaped indention, but doesn't do much to hold the barrel in place. The rear rest is wider than the gun butt so there's quite a bit of play there too. I wrapped the butt in a towel to fit it tighter.
I was also using this with springer air rifles and while they don't have much force in their recoil, they do have the weird back and forth recoil typical of spring and air pistons. My patterns were all over the place with the air rifles and this rest.

Pros: It did go together easily and the barrel height adjustment is smooth and nice. I like that I can use any sort of weight that will fit on the adjustable platform.

Garmin 010-11602-00 Rino 600 Series Friction Mount
Garmin 010-11602-00 Rino 600 Series Friction Mount
96 used & new from $32.74

5.0 out of 5 stars ... got this for my Colorado gps and it fits perfect. The Colorado mount can be popped off the ..., February 5, 2015
I got this for my Colorado gps and it fits perfect. The Colorado mount can be popped off the ball and my nuvi then fits on it as well. That was an unexpected perk. Sure, it's big and ugly but it does a great job at holding your GPS on the dash securely. I usually toss it and the gps on the floor when I park to keep it out of sight of potential thieves.

Genuine Joe GJO15369 8mil Ultra Latex Powdered Gloves, Large Black (Pack of 100)
Price: $13.89
2 used & new from $13.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Thick durable gloves., February 5, 2015
Great disposable gloves. I also use Nitril gloves but they break much easier than these thicker rubber ones. I use these mostly when working on automotive repair and they have held up great. Avoid these if you have a latex allergy, but otherwise I find them durable and comfortable.

Garmin echoMAP 70s GPS with Transom Motor Mount Transducer, Worldwide Basemap and US Lakes Charts
3 used & new from $795.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic unit with features no longer available in this price range., February 5, 2015
Fantastic unit with features no longer available in this price range. When paired with the GCV10 box this fishfinder is awesome. The new model is out now, but it doesn't have a touchscreen, network capability, built in wifi, or CHIRP capability. This 70s is quietly being discontinued and becoming hard to find, because as mentioned when combined with the gcv10 black box it offers a more capable unit than it's predecessor. I've only been on the water with it twice now, but I LOVE it. It replaced a 12 year old Lowrance unit with gps. That unit was really good for it's time, but this one is better in almost every way.

DEWALT DCL040 20-Volt MAX LED Flashlight
DEWALT DCL040 20-Volt MAX LED Flashlight
Price: Click here to see our price
26 used & new from $29.90

3.0 out of 5 stars The battery lasts a long time and it's pretty handy, but I don't care for the beam ..., January 21, 2015
The battery lasts a long time and it's pretty handy, but I don't care for the beam pattern or the color of the light. The beam is a spot, and for a work light I would prefer a flood. Light color is bluish.

Lund 583009-B Catch-It Carpet Black Front Seat Floor Mat - Set of 2
Lund 583009-B Catch-It Carpet Black Front Seat Floor Mat - Set of 2
Price: $60.37
5 used & new from $48.30

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit my 2004 f-250 very well, January 21, 2015
These mats didn't fit my 2004 Ford f-250 super duty very well. I really liked the design, and although they are carpeted it looks like they could still easily be rinsed off with a hose. They are sculpted to hold water/mud.
The problem was with the fit. They just didn't line up well with the floor of my truck and the lip that comes over the kick plate and door still stuck up too. I would catch on it when trying to get into the truck.
In possible defense of the mats, it is January, so it's cold outside and the mats might be more rigid than on a hot day. Possibly it hot weather they would conform better to the truck, but I can't wait and hope for that. I had to send them back.

Pacific Boy's 20-Inch Chromium Mountain Bike, Green
Pacific Boy's 20-Inch Chromium Mountain Bike, Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Tall center bar, December 6, 2014
Pay attention to the "standover" height on this bike. Our boy outgrew his old 16" bike and we had one of these 20", but he can't ride it because the bar is higher than on other 20" bikes. Poor kid smashed his jewels a few times trying to ride it. The rear suspension is cool, but makes the bar much higher. Lots of features on this bike for the price, but probably only for taller kids.

Slumberjack Big Lux Cot
Slumberjack Big Lux Cot
Price: $125.93
8 used & new from $100.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Big comfortable cot, October 21, 2013
I've had this for about a year now and slept on it maybe 10 nights. I find it pretty comfortable and don't mind sleeping on it at all. Quality is great. I have used it when car camping. It's definitely too big and heavy for backpacking. My only complaint is that it's still pretty big when folded up. Even when folded into the carrying bag it's really long and barely fits in the back of my SUV, definitely a bigger bag than my camping chairs. I'm not very tall, so the length is overkill for me. Next time I might buy a smaller one. Also, I can't get the sleeping pad to fit back into the storage bag with the cot, so I've had to keep it separate. Not really a big deal and it might be something I'm doing wrong.
I've had no problem setting it up - 2 minutes max. Others have mentioned difficulty getting the end braces locked into place, but I have not had that trouble.

Philips 420554 13-Watt BR30 LED Indoor Flood Light Bulb, Dimmable
Philips 420554 13-Watt BR30 LED Indoor Flood Light Bulb, Dimmable
Offered by advedia
Price: $59.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied overall. I am pleasantly surprised., January 30, 2013
Yes, they are too expensive but we are still pretty early adaptors to this technology. I'm sure they will be cheaper and better in a few years. However, I've been pleasantly surprised by how well these work. I replaced three of my five 65 watt incandescent can lights with these so I could compare them for a while. I also compared a single Feit BR30 LED that I got from costco. The Feit is a nicer spread of light, but the light color is too blue so it's out. It's been two weeks now and I plan to order the remaining Philips LED's. The color of the light is very close to the incandescents to my eyes. They look good as the bottom glass section lights fairly evenly so they look almost like my incandescents. They are harder to look right at than the incandescents because they are so bright, however who really looks right at bulbs anyway? I think the light is a little bit harsher than the old incandescents as they make a bit more shadows around things but not bad at all. I was worried I wouldn't like them but they have been pretty good. I get no buzzing sound. Another reviewer here said the bulbs were too long, but mine are almost exactly the same size as the incandescents they are replacing.

These bulbs dim pretty well. All of my lights are on a control 4 home automation system that turns all my lights on and off by dimming quickly and it's worked fine with the LED's. They do dim at a little different rate than the incandescents but when they are all LED's it won't be noticable anymore. They don't dim as low as the incandescents but it's still pretty good. I wouldn't use them in my home theater where the lights are often dimmed really low, but for the kitchen they are great.

Finally, I measured the temperature of the lights with an infrared thermometer and the the incandescents were about 220F in the can, and the LED's were only about 110F, so I anticipate a substantial improvement in the heat output considering I'm replacing a total of fourteen 65 watt bulbs in that kitchen/livingroom/dining area with LED's.

Fancierstudio 6664H Quick Release Tripod Grip Action Ball Head by fancierstudio
Fancierstudio 6664H Quick Release Tripod Grip Action Ball Head by fancierstudio
Offered by Fancier Studio
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy but works great, January 17, 2013
The action is nice as smooth and easily controlled. Everything works well. My only complaint is that it's pretty heavy. I use it on a manfrotto monopod. I like to shoot photos while hiking and the monopod works acceptably as a walking stick also, however I have to take the ball head off because it makes it too heavy to use as a walking stick. I didn't deduct a star for that of course because it functions perfectly and being heavy actually keeps the camera more steady, but I thought anyone planning to carry it on their monopod full time might want to know.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3