Profile for Vanessa B. Smith > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Vanessa B. Smith "V. Smith" RSS Feed (Maine)

Page: 1 | 2
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow (plus bonus features!) [HD]
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow (plus bonus features!) [HD]
DVD
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 20, 2014
Everything an action movie should have!

Sandman Slim: A Novel
Sandman Slim: A Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars grit!, July 1, 2013
A gritty, edgy, fly by the seat of your pants magical romp that will leave you shell-shocked and hungry for more.

Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo series)
Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo series)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, June 14, 2013
This set of books was one of the best post-apocalyptic books I've consumed yet!! I just wish there were more to come!

Urban Shaman (The Walker Papers, Book 1)
Urban Shaman (The Walker Papers, Book 1)
by C. E. Murphy
146 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Author's Writing a Put-off, February 23, 2006
I really love Luna books, there's always a cool, progressive woman kicking some butt! In this case however, I couldn't get past the author's style. It was like I was reading a 7th grader's attempt at a novel. It was tired, lame, and I found myself trying to fix it in my head so I would enjoy it more. Maybe she'll improve with her next novel...

Poison Study
Poison Study
by Maria V. Snyder
45 used & new from $1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and Fun, February 23, 2006
This review is from: Poison Study (Hardcover)
I found Snyder's writing very fresh and exciting. It wasn't the same tired fantasy and it kept me guessing until the end. It reminded me a lot of Jacqueline Carey's 'Kushiel' series. Can't wait for the second book!

Raise the Titanic! (Dirk Pitt Adventure)
Raise the Titanic! (Dirk Pitt Adventure)
Price: $8.99
192 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Titanic in a new light..., May 27, 2005
Knowing what really happened to the Titanic didn't ruin this book for me in the least. I found it exciting, filled with spies, intrigue and non-stop action. It was very, very hard to put down. The end is magnificent, truly Dirk Pitt at his finest. If you love Cussler don't skip over this one!

Pacific Vortex (Dirk Pitt Adventure)
Pacific Vortex (Dirk Pitt Adventure)
210 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Plays like an action film, May 27, 2005
Though, as always, a bit unbelievable in parts, Cussler really knows how to make your heart pound! There were various times I shouted at the book and imagined the action sequences played out in my head. A truly fun read!

Vixen 03 (Dirk Pitt Adventure)
Vixen 03 (Dirk Pitt Adventure)
229 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars More character... less pitt grandstand, May 27, 2005
This one seemed to be less surface with Dirk, more about what drives him, less of Dirk keeping all the secrets til the end of the book where he shows the villain how he knew all along (which I didn't really mind--I love Pitt's notorious witt and ego). He had more depth in this book, maybe because it involved a woman throughout instead of in periphery. I did feel that the book, in general, flowed a bit less smooth than the previous few, but Cussler did spend much more time than usual in the eyes of other characters, and that could be why. Overall, a solid read--highlighted with a couple very nice copter scenes.

Crone's Moon: A Rowan Gant Investigation (Rowan Gant Investigations)
Crone's Moon: A Rowan Gant Investigation (Rowan Gant Investigations)
by M. R. Sellars
Price: $14.35
60 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Better and Better, May 27, 2005
Sellars wins me over again. Always refreshing, unexpected, and thrilling. I am curious when he might get into why these things happen to Rowan. Five books later and I'm still waiting for Rowan to figure out what's going on with himself. He sure asks the "Why me?" question every book, but we're never any closer to that answer. I hope the next delves a bit more into his powers rather than hinting about what his name means and skirting the issue. Still, a sound read--Sellars won't disappoint!

The Phantom of the Opera (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
The Phantom of the Opera (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Price: $14.88
78 used & new from $3.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Packs the Power of the Screen, March 24, 2005
This album really captures the energy and spirit behind the story. The vocal talent and score is remarkable. It makes me cry everytime I hear it. If you love this musical or movie, you just have to buy this soundtrack!

Page: 1 | 2