Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for firefencer > Reviews

Browse

firefencer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 118

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

firefencer "firefencer" RSS Feed (San Jose, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12

5.0 out of 5 stars great, October 22, 2001
These jumbo stickups are great. We were able to make a wonderful mureal in my sons room. They are easy to stick up and they are easy to remove. This is great because sometimes you don't like where you put something but these are so easy to move around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, October 22, 2001
My son's grandmother decide he needed his own ball pit o she bought this for him. He was on 11 months old when he got it. He really likes this.
Assembly:
Fortuanelty I have a little hand held compressor to blow it up. Still even with the it took me 1 hours to complete filling it.
Balls:
It comes with 100 balls. If you like alot of balls so your child can wade in them you will need to purchase an additional box 0f 100.
Structure:
This is in the shape of a train. The child can climb in through the back, two wholes on the side or a crawl through tunnel in front. It is easy to get your child once they are inside. There is a place to stick balls so that when your childs pulls the string a cascade of balls comes down.
Durablility:
I would say this is an inside toy only. I dobt it would last outside long. It needs refilled regularly. After 4 months of daily usage one of the clindars in the front tunnel has brust a seam and it was not patchable. I would recommend inside use with no shoes on to make it last as long as possible
Overall:
THis is great for kids 10 months and up. With supervision. It is very lightweight and kids can tip it over. There is plenty of room to have 2-3 children in this at once. This isn't very durable so if it is used alot it may wear out. My son adores this and uses it for hours each day. I recommend a ball pit. This one is fun because it has lots of crawling room

4.0 out of 5 stars This is okay, October 22, 2001
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a larger version of the battle bots metal mecanics kits that sold for around 9.99. Yes you can build two bots with it. Either minon or deadblow. However you can only build one at a time. If you got the other build sets then you won't need to build deadblow because you already have him. I built the minon bot. The assembly on this was really easy. It only took 20 minutes. It is a large sized toy. The weapon run with batteries. It was too easy to assemble and parts of the toy fall apart. The smaller models were a much better value

5.0 out of 5 stars This is soo kewl, October 22, 2001
I bought this for my 15 month old son. I was so disappointed he could not ride his other power wheels but this looked easier to drive plus I found it on clearence and it only cost 20 dollars.
Assembly:
Oh joy and rapture this was very easy to assemble. It only took me about 20 minutes. I had to charge the battery for 18 hours per recommended. This takes the little blue 6 volt power wheels battery. This battery is hard to find and is not carried by toys rus. For some reason on ours the seat cover latches down and this did not screw on proper so my son can easily take it off and get to the battery. I am calling fisher price about this
Riding the Toy:
My son liked it he hopped on and was able to push the red button to make it go. He tried to turn the wheel but the suspension is very tight. It is really hard to make to turn so he can not steer it. The clicking lever on the side why it server no function he finds it fun to pull on. The buble wand is fun to put in and out of the hole. But this piece may easily become lost as kids drag it around.
Bubbles:
It is hard to fill it with the right amount of bubles . It is really difficult to get the buble container off to clean. THe child has to ride the tractor around for a long period of time and constantly keep the button pressed for any bubles to come out. My son and most younger ridrs will not be able to keep the tractor going long enough to use the buble function. I have unplugged the bubble blower motor as to save battery power.
It is very durable. My son's nanny left it on the lawn and it was hit by the sprinklers. After drying out it worked just fine however it caused some stickers to peel from getting wet.
I would recommend it for ages 12-36 months. It is a nice toy as long as you are aware of it's limitations.

Pokemon Tales, Volume 9: Meet Mew!
Pokemon Tales, Volume 9: Meet Mew!
by Akihito Toda
Edition: Board book
19 used & new from $17.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, October 16, 2001
Another beatufully illustrated pokemon book. You just can't beat the drawings in these.

Mewtwo's Watching You!: Pokemon Tales, Vol. 17
Mewtwo's Watching You!: Pokemon Tales, Vol. 17
by Akihito Toda
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful books, October 16, 2001
This is such a nice set. They each have such orginal illustrations of the pokemon. I adore the beautiful art in these. It is always fun to play find the hidden pokemon as well.
I highly recommend this series

BRIO Elbe Waterway
BRIO Elbe Waterway

5.0 out of 5 stars This is too cool, October 12, 2001
This review is from: BRIO Elbe Waterway (Toy)
I picked this up for my son who is always splashing in any puddle he can find and he was thrilled with it. The assembly was simple. It is fairly leakproof and great fun. This item comes with 2 boats. And a wheel which you spin to make the current in the water so the boats float around on there own. The box says 3 + but with supervision my 15 month old adores this. He likes to push the boats around and also turning the wheel is fun.
It is educational teaching kids about currents and cannels. It is interchangable witht the other sets if you want to upgrade. Unlike some of the bigger sets in this line it doesn't have the locks and gates. The locks and gates would be more entertaining for an older child but much to difficult for a young chlid to work. This is perecft for little ones. I highly recommend it.

Random Acts Of Management:A Dilbert Book
Random Acts Of Management:A Dilbert Book
by Scott Adams
110 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Dilbert is the best, October 11, 2001
As always this collection of dilbert strips is funny. This appeals particulary to those in the engineering field who work in large companies. I alway can relate to these strips and that is what makes them particularly intresting.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this toy line, October 4, 2001
What isn't great about chuck and his mighty friends. My son adores this toy line by tonka. We have they whole set of chuck products.
What does chuck do:
He has three modes. All switches off where he is just a nice push toy. On switch on. Where he will talk to your child and move about. He moves his dump truck bed. Says things when he is refuled and you can tune him up. Both switches on chuck will come when he is called and drives around. He has a sensor in his bumper and stops when he hits something.
This is a well built toy and well worth the money

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a nice train, October 4, 2001
I bought this for my son and I was sadly dissapointed in its performance.
Good points:
Easy assembly.
Bad points:
Plastice is flimsy
doesn't run well
It is very easy to put together is the good thing.
However after we put it together and charged the battery for 18 hours we found out it didn't work well. The manufacture says it will work on hard surfaces as well as the track. Well it would barely move on the linolium, tile or concrete surfaces.
It did run okay on the track.
Also the sound effects are cute but way too loud and they last forever. I also did not like that the sound button was red and the drive button black. All my sons other motorized toys he presses the red button to go. This confused him.
The seat is very wide and if you have a small child they may have difficulties getting on and off the seat.
You have to unscrew a metal screw everytime you want to remove the seat and charge the battery. This is a major pain to do.
The plastic compared to the old little tikes train we have is extremely thin it isn't sturdy at all it just seemed flimsy.
We ended up returning this item because it just didn't meet our expectations

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12