Profile for Mikey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mikey RSS Feed

Braun Series 3 Combi 30b Foil And Cutter Replacement Pack (7000/4000 Series)
Braun Series 3 Combi 30b Foil And Cutter Replacement Pack (7000/4000 Series)
Price: $19.26
64 used & new from $16.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome replacement for 8985!, December 25, 2011
I saw horror stories from people who bought the 51S replacement cutter and screen, and they recommended the 30B. I am glad I followed that advice.

Before I purchased the 30B I called Braun, and of course the representative never heard of the 51S issues, and cautioned me not to buy the 30B for my 8985 as it could damage the razor.

After having shaved now for over a month with the 30B, it's a pleasure every time I shave now...which has always been a chore my whole life. This cutter and screen combo work better than the original 360 set which I last used specifically designed for the 8985. The screen surface area is slightly reduced along the sides, but the blades are the real difference. The blades are thinner and more numerous. When I shave now I can hear very high-pitched snipping sounds as the hairs are being cut. The old 360 did not do that, and I could only tell if I was clean shaven by visual inspection or feeling with my hand. It is an awesome feature to be able to pull your skin taunt with one hand and use the razor with the other hand until all the snipping sounds stop...and I'm done, baby smooth! :)

There are only 2 minor drawbacks for me. The color of the plastic head is black, whereas the 8985 is a silver/blue colored shaver; but it's dark blue so unless you look really close it looks like a color match. And another very minor drawback is the corners of the plastic head leave some very tiny openings when snapped into place. It snaps securely, don't get me wrong, but again you have to look very close to see those imperfections.

The best plus of all is the 30B costs $15 less than the 51S, and yet gives the best shave I ever had from my 8985. I will not buy the 51S and even if they were to bring back the original 360 replacement cutter/screen for my razor I am going to stick with the 30B!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2011 8:37 AM PST

Phinex Diagnostic Ph Test Strips, 80ct -2 pack (160 strips) Results in 15 Seconds Balance Your pH today
Offered by Perella's
Price: $12.95
2 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Way better than standard litmus paper!, October 7, 2011
See customer image for instructions sent with my order on 9/9/11. Both colors have their own pH scale and could be used independently. It's like a double-check when using both colors. Using just one color can be tricky with subtle differences in shades, but both colors help you nail it. It's really cool, way better than standard litmus paper!

The container could be better designed and is difficult to open at first, but if you intend to use these regularly just lightly close it without pushing the cover all the way down and you will be fine. I intend to purchase these again when I run out.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2012 7:09 AM PST