Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Bobby W. > Reviews

Browse

Bobby W.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 503

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bobby W. RSS Feed (USA)

Offered by Goldstar Tech
Price: $17.99
229 used & new from $10.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for what it is, June 24, 2016
This title came out a little bit after I bought my PS4 and I avoided it, first because no one seemed to like it, and second, I had bought a number of other early titles for this system then were less than impressive.

Lately, I've picked up some fun games on Playstation network, and "The Order: 1886" was on sale for $8, so I figured what the heck. Sorry I waited so long - this game deserves more praise and less bashing.

Love this game - I'm a sucker for alternate history tales, and this game take place in a technologically advanced Victorian London. The look is just amazing - it has the best visuals I've seen on the PS4 (be forewarned - the game is letterboxed). Yes, yes, great visuals don't make for a great game, but the set design, lighting effects and amount of detail in here is pretty enticing all by itself. The voice acting is excellent.

So far, the gameplay reminds me of the Tell Tale series of games, where you are playing a story rather than playing a game, if that makes sense.

I can see where people would have been disappointed in this - it's not a run & gun type action game as some images and clips might make it seem - you do more observing and exploring than most other games.

Table Top Racing: World Tour - PS4 [Digital Code]
Table Top Racing: World Tour - PS4 [Digital Code]
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little Indie game for the PS4, June 23, 2016
If there's no playable demo, I usually wait for Indies to go on sale on Playstation Network but trailer for this one made it look worth the gamble.

And man, it's a lot of fun! Reminds me of similar micro racers I've played. Just a really fun arcade type racer from one of the guys that was involved with Wipeout.

The graphics on the PS4 are decent, the menus are intuitive - you can mod your car without nonsense.

Indonesian Teak Outdoor Porch Garden Rocking Rocker Chair
Indonesian Teak Outdoor Porch Garden Rocking Rocker Chair
Offered by Bifoli Home
Price: $249.99
6 used & new from $227.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Why the middleman?, June 10, 2016
Sorry, but if you have a Sam's membership, this is one time that buying on line doesn't make any sense!

I just picked this chair up in the seasonal section of my local Sam's for $160 plus tax. Even though the finished chair is pretty sizeable, the box fit in the back seat of my small car pretty easily.

The wood is indeed solid teak ("Grade A", whatever that means). It's unfinished, but pretty well sanded.

Construction is way easier than I had anticipated, as there are only six individual components. All you need is a decent mid-size phillips head screwdriver and a large size flat head screw driver. Took me all of 20 minutes to unbox and construct (I skipped gluing it together to make sure I was happy with the final product). It does come with one extra screw and one extra bolt - these are included as a courtesy.

As I was satisfied with the final product, I will now disassemble it, sand it down a bit better, apply teak oil and put it back together including the glue.

For an outdoor chair It sits and rocks very nicely on a solid surface, like a concrete patio - to get the lumbar support, you need to sit all the way back and straight up. Even without a cushion, I was able to sit on the wood slats for a good period of time without getting uncomfortable. I initially didn't like the fact that there are no front and back lower supports (just the two on the sides, as pictured), I thought this would make for a weaker chair, but with the fasteners properly tightened, this chair seems sturdy enough. And with no front support, you can scoot your legs back under the front of the chair a bit more, which you may find more comfortable.

On Stage GBA4660 Deluxe Acoustic Guitar Gig Bag
On Stage GBA4660 Deluxe Acoustic Guitar Gig Bag
Price: $29.95
6 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice gig bag for the price, June 8, 2016
On Stage makes a lot of nice musical accessories, and this acoustic guitar gig bag is no exception. Fits my Loar 00 nicely. Good quality zippers that open nice and wide, decent materials and padding, and surprisingly comfortable carrying handle, which anyone would appreciate if they had walk a good distance with their guitar. In this price range there are a lot of crappy gig bags available - I don't think you could do much better than On Stage for the money.

Cancun - Green (3' x 5')
Cancun - Green (3' x 5')
Price: $37.00
4 used & new from $37.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking and should be useful outdoors, June 8, 2016
First off, from what I've read, the intensity of the color you get is a crap shoot, but mine is pretty close to the colors displayed on my monitor (it's attractive shades of green with a little brown mixed in).

Construction and weaving are good, and the edges are finished nicely. The quality seems worth the price.

I bought this as a pad to go underneath an outdoor rocker, so time will tel how it holds up.

TFRM-R TENOR Professional Metal Guitar Foot Rest, Guitar Foot Stool, Guitar Support for Healthier and More Comfortable Guitar Playing for Classical, Flamenco, Acoustic or Electric Guitar Players.
Offered by BrandByMail Inc.
Price: $33.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for the price, June 4, 2016
This is the first guitarist's footrest that I own, so I don't really have anything else to compare it to, but I really like it. The footplate is fairly sizable and covered with a non slip textured rubber. There are several height adjustment options (I got the one without the extension plate), and at the higher positions it is still reasonably stable, as long as you don't 'sway' your leg back and forth. The metal is fairly heavy gauge, and the spots that are welded look high quality, so it should last a good long time.

GraphTech PQP-0068-V6 TUSQ A1 Picks
GraphTech PQP-0068-V6 TUSQ A1 Picks
Price: $5.95
7 used & new from $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome once you get used to the way they feel, May 31, 2016
I initially bought these in the 0.88mm vintage ivory and 0.68mm white on Amazon and thought that they had a brittle feel to them, especially the 0.68mm picks. But they did make a difference for the better in the sound they produce on my acoustic guitars, and now they feel totally natural to me and I am hooked on them. I have used the same 0.68mm pick for a couple months, and it hasn't worn or broke, though some people say they do wear out faster than other picks, so your mileage may vary.
Anyway, was geeked to see that Amazon now offers the 0.68mm in vintage ivory. My advice is to buy 'em and try 'em for at least a few days and like others have said here, you may have found your favorite new picks.

Doom - PlayStation 4
Doom - PlayStation 4
Offered by Deal Addict
Price: $52.99
93 used & new from $40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Boom, May 26, 2016
This review is from: Doom - PlayStation 4 (Video Game)
No story? Who cares about a cohesive story? This game is about running around and shooting baddies, and the people who made this know that.
Heck, you are literally up and shooting demons within the first minute of the game, and that's what I came here for!

Nice big interesting levels, well paced weapons upgrades, and cool foes to take down (a demon carrying a riot shield? Whatever.) This game is a fun diversion, and it delivers.

One star off for the graphics on the PS4, which aren't bad, but not as nice as other FPS games, like Wolfenstein.

Anyway, this is a way fun FPS that knows what it's about.

A Christmas Story: The Book That Inspired the Hilarious Classic Film
A Christmas Story: The Book That Inspired the Hilarious Classic Film
by Jean Shepherd
Price: $12.53
218 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Do not expect a book version of the movie, May 22, 2016
Just to be clear:

Three Stars: for this specific publishing

Three/Four/Five Stars: for Jean Shepherd's short stories (it depends on the story)

I love the movie "A Christmas Story," and I can relate to much of Jean Shepard's writings, however, if you are looking to buy this particular book expecting it to closely parallel the movie, you may want to consider buying "In God We Trust - All Others Pay Cash".

First, the book you are looking at right now starts off with "Duel In The Snow, or Red Ryder Nails The Cleveland Street Kid," which is the story centering around Ralphie's quest for the Red Ryder bb gun, which is the core of the movie. The rest of the book has the stories about the Little Orphan Annie decoder ring, the tale of the Leg Lamp, and an expose on the Bumpuses.

If you expect the movie from this book, be aware that there nothing about the 'tongue on the pole' dare, which I would bet is a lot of people's favorite bit from the movie. Indeed, Schwartz and Flick are basically mentioned in passing.

When talking about movies adapted from novels and short stories, people often bemoan the fact that 'the book was better'.

In this case, I beg to differ - even though there would have been no movie without Jean Shepherd's short stories, I still think the movie was superior to the stories, at least on the 'warm and fuzzy' level. Sure, the Old Man pulled through for Ralphie in the written story, but the film perfectly captures a father's love for his son when Darren McGavin watches as Peter Billingsley eagerly rips the wrapping off his prized gift.

Anyway, short of reading the script for the movie, if you want to read the Jean Shepherd source material, I would recommend getting "In God We Trust - All Others Pay Cash". It contains the Red Ryder and Leg Lamp tales, plus a bunch of other funny stuff.

String Swing CC29 Folding Hardwood Guitar Case Rack
String Swing CC29 Folding Hardwood Guitar Case Rack
Offered by Woodwind and Brasswind
Price: $59.99
8 used & new from $54.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Frees up a lot of space!, May 12, 2016
I noticed that in all the customer posted pictures, this rack is up against a wall, so I was curious if it was free standing - I visited StringSwing's website, and it stated the product was indeed free standing, so I went for it.

The rack is made of very nice solid ash, and can be easily assembled in about 15 minutes, including a potty break. They include a tube of Gorilla Glue, but the supplied wood screws are sufficient. If you go the full route, I would suggest you try putting the rack together without the glue first.

At 3 feet wide, it doesn't take up much space, yet saves a ton of space. You can easily store 5 arch-top style acoustic cases on it with a bit of breathing room between each case. Love it.

And yes, it can fold, if needed. If you have more than one guitar case laying around, this is an excellent and attractive storage solution.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20