Profile for Grandma Mary > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 49

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Grandma Mary RSS Feed (Oklahoma City, OK, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Vera Bradley Vera (Priscilla Pink)
Vera Bradley Vera (Priscilla Pink)
Offered by Galinda's
Price: $59.37
6 used & new from $59.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tote, May 7, 2014
This review is from: Vera Bradley Vera Tote
This is a great tote with lots of room. It holds quite a bit with pockets for Kindle Fire and/or Kindle Touch, phone, etc. It seems that I'm one of those people that needs to carry tons of stuff and this holds my "stuff" just fine. I like the color combination and it seems to be well made. I've had several compliments on it.

Murder With Pictures
Murder With Pictures
DVD
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a B Movie, April 28, 2014
This was kind of a fun romp. I'm a fan of old movies and especially like to find obscure movies. This one had Lew Ayres in it - a very young Lew Ayres.

Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
Price: $94.47
65 used & new from $73.00

5.0 out of 5 stars great player, April 2, 2014
I lucked out and found this player being clearanced out at Sams Club for $75 including HDMI cable. It was easy to install and loads quite fast. I primarily watch Netflix, Amazon Prime and Acorn TV on this. I have this on my wish list to purchase for other rooms in the house. Even at it's $99 price this player is a good deal.

Setup was easy and there were no glitches in setting up the different channels. I highly recommend this player. The Amazon FireTV looks like it might be a good choice - but it looks like they currently don't have Acorn TV, which is one of my favorite channels to watch.

Anyone buying this player should find it enjoyable. There are a lot of channels - but many do have a subscription or pay as you go setup. So do pay careful attention to this when adding channels.

Concealed in Death
Concealed in Death
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars another good entry in the series, March 3, 2014
I'm a big fan of the J.D. Robb books. Some of the reviews have stated that they think these are now being ghost written. My own feeling is that the editing is just not as good - there were some typos and continuity issues that should have been resolved. Other reasons people think these may be ghost written is that the characters seem to have changed. OK people, it's called character development. Eve and Roake are settling into their lives that now include each other, friends and family, etc. They are learning the "marriage rules", the "friend rules", etc.

One thing I do agree with is that her use of the "F" word has increased greatly and is totally unneeded. Reading her older books where this word is not used at all - she was able to get her point across quite well. But unfortunately, lots of authors are now going this route - this is not an isolated incident.

Loved having more time with Dennis Mira in this book. He's a great character and I kind of wish I knew someone like him in real life.

Once again, I enjoyed dropping into Eve and Roake's world.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2014 4:58 PM PST

360 Electrical 36030-W 4-Outlet Rotating Adapter
360 Electrical 36030-W 4-Outlet Rotating Adapter
Price: $10.27
11 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, March 3, 2014
Item arrived in a timely manner and was exactly as advertised. I needed this because all the outlets in my house are "upside down" and I had purchased something that needed to be plugged in "upside up". It works perfectly for this.

Lost Jewels
Lost Jewels
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, February 21, 2014
This review is from: Lost Jewels (App)
I hadn't played this game in a while. It's been fun. There are in app purchases but so far I've not had to buy anything.

Chamberlain 956EV Garage Keychain Remote
Chamberlain 956EV Garage Keychain Remote
Price: Click here to see our price
68 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, January 15, 2014
My husband's keychain remote died - so I looked at Lowe's and here. This item was about $9 cheaper here than at Lowe's. It came in a timely manner and works as it should.

Lee Women's Relaxed Fit Straight-Leg Pant
Lee Women's Relaxed Fit Straight-Leg Pant
Price: $26.90 - $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars look good, January 15, 2014
I bought these in the chocolate brown color. I'd been looking for that color - I saw them at another store, but they did not have my size. So once again, Amazon came through. The jeans fit well and I like the fabric they come in. I have worn them several times and they also wash very well.

Canon PowerShot SX280 12MP Digital Camera with 20x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 3-Inch LCD (Red)
Offered by EverythingDeals
Price: $214.95
20 used & new from $199.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, January 15, 2014
This camera takes great pictures. I really like how well it takes pictures in gyms. My granddaughter plays basketball and indoor soccer and previously the pictures would be too dark (even though it seems like there's plenty of light). I was able to get some great pictures at her last game.

Setup for WiFi was a bit tricky and I still do not have it set up to upload to facebook. That may have to do with my firewall at home. I have not had a chance to call Canon and see what I may be doing wrong. So I can't speak to any of the wifi functions of this camera.

We went to a TSO concert in December and were able to get some really great pictures.

I did buy a spare battery - but the battery life seems to be acceptable.

Lexar Professional 800x 16GB CompactFlash Memory Card LCF16GCTBNA800
Lexar Professional 800x 16GB CompactFlash Memory Card LCF16GCTBNA800
Offered by Beach Camera
Price: $40.95
13 used & new from $40.95

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, January 15, 2014
Compact flash is getting more difficult to find - but my husband's DSLR uses CF. This works great in his camera and the speed is just about where he wanted it to be.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5