Profile for nascarmom29 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

nascarmom29 "Yup, it's me.." RSS Feed (New England)

Page: 1 | 2
Car Dealership Tycoon
Car Dealership Tycoon
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Crappy, August 3, 2014
This review is from: Car Dealership Tycoon (App)
It just doesn't work. I don't know what the numbers on the employees are. It's just HORRIBLE. This review was made by a kid

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad...but not quite that super either..., December 9, 2013
These are not that bad for the money in my opinion. I bought them because I had been using and reusing the (insert the disposable brand in the stores) containers and I was looking for something with a few less chemicals in it.The first thing I noticed was that these didn't have that slick oily feeling the store ones have. which I like. I also like that it came with 4 of them, so I don't have to empty the dishwasher right away to use the container from the previous lunch. It's nice having a few extras. These also stack together to save space which is nice. What I don't like about them is that the lids are a very loose fit. I realized when I bought them that the are not leak proof, but it seems that the seal should be a bit tighter. It also makes me question how long they will really last. We are only 3 and a half months into the school year and they are starting to look a little beat and the lids seem to be getting looser. Overall I would say that if these last me through the school year I would probably buy another set for next year. I don't really expect them to last much more than that, but for the money I paid for 4 of them, it's really not that much more than the store ones I was buying, and I do feel like these are a bit less toxic for the kids.

Candle Impressions 13" Glittering Praying Angel Flameless Wax LED Battery Operated Candle with Programmable Timer
Offered by Lights

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful angel!, December 9, 2013
I bought this mainly because I have a Christmas Angel candle decoration that I haven't been able to use since I had kids and a cat that gets into and knocks everything over and eats pretty much everything.But desperately trying to find some decorations to find my Christmas Spirit, I went ahead and took the plunge. Truthfully, I wasn't expecting much because most of the flameless candle type things I have seen look kind of cheesy and not very realistic. Boy was I wrong! This Angel is beautiful! I liked it so much that I had bought a smaller set of 3 to put in with Christmas gifts and I had to keep one for myself. It's a pretty big size, and the light flickers very realistically. I am loving being able to put out :candles" again without having to worry. I very much recommend this.

Set of 3 Shimmer Angel Battery Operated Flameless LED Candles with Auto Timer and Gift Bags By Candle Impressions

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and calming, December 9, 2013
Initially I had bought these to divide up and put in with Christmas gifts. That is until I got the larger one I ordered for myself. I loved it so much that I had to fight myself to not keep all of them to embellish the larger one. I did keep one, and am going to give the others with gifts. I am more than positive that they will be well received. The light glows and flickers just like a real candle, not like some of the cheesier type fake candles I've seen. The angels in this set are about 8 inches or so, so not too tiny to put with a gift or even gift alone. If you are on the fence about getting these, go for it. I was too, and I'm very glad I did.

Brushed Stainless Steel Rolltop 2-Loaf Capacity Bread Box, 16.5" X 10" X 8"
Brushed Stainless Steel Rolltop 2-Loaf Capacity Bread Box, 16.5" X 10" X 8"
Offered by icydeals
Price: $19.99
6 used & new from $17.10

3.0 out of 5 stars It does what it's supposed to do...., September 7, 2013
I bought this breadbox mainly to keep my plastic chewing cat from chewing holes through the bread bag. I wanted something that looked decent, kept the bread and rolls out of the cat's sight and didn't cost a small fortune. This does what I bought it for, so for the money I spent on it I am happy with it. It fits about two loaves of bread in it, or a loaf of bread, and an open pack of english muffins and/or bagels,..so it is pretty roomy.It doesn't look bad, however you should know before you buy it that mine came with a very minor dent, and it is very annoyingly warped. So warped that when you open it to get the bread it wobbles like crazy. If I were buying it as a quality item to look nice in my kitchen I would likely be more annoyed. But it does what I need it to and saves my bread from the cat....so for what I use it for it's decent.

Pwr+® 14 Ft AC Adapter Laptop Charger for Acer Aspire 5251 5252 5253 5334 5336 5517 5532 5534 5542 5551 5552 5553 5732 5734 5735 5736 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5745 5749 5749z 5750 5750z 5755 5810 5820 5820t 5930 7540 7551 7736 7741 7745 65W Notebook Adaptor Battery Power Supply Wall Cord
Offered by PWR+
Price: $19.90
2 used & new from $14.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as promised!, September 7, 2013
My son's Acer laptop quit working one day. Sometimes it would turn on and sometimes it wouldn't, and you'd get that annoying beep a lot of the time when it did turn on. We thought maybe the issue was that it wasn't getting charged, and wanted to see if the charging cord was not working properly. I had comparison shopped online and in stores for quite awhile. Most of the replacement chargers were upwards of the $50-$75 range that I was looking at. Not sure if the charger was actually the issue with the laptop or not, I didn't want to spend that much money if I may have to buy a new laptop anyway. I took a chance and went with this because of the price. Boy am I happy I did! It works great for the money spent. Easy set up right out of the box, and the laptop was working fine in no time! The cord is extra long, so my son can have more seating choices while he is on it. We have had it for about a month and a half now, and have had no problems with it since we got it. The only con I can think of is that the charger does get very hot. All in all, it was money well spent, I recommend this if you are thinking about it, and my son agrees since now he can go back to playing his Minecraft games without being frustrated about his laptop not working. Win/win in my opinion! :)

IRIS Open-Top Litter Box with Shield and Scoop
IRIS Open-Top Litter Box with Shield and Scoop
Price: $9.99
14 used & new from $9.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for what I paid..., March 13, 2013
This is not a bad litterbox for the money. I needed a replacement for a second floor litterbox since my cat had outgrown the box the shelter sent her home with. I have a larger hooded one downstairs, and I had put the one she came home with upstairs. My cat is a kicker with the litter and somehow manages to get it clear across the room. There is not a lot of space for another big hooded one, so I thought I'd give this one a try. It does a pretty good job of keeping most of the litter in. The top shield doesn't quite sit in and clip right as other reviewers had said, but it doesn't seem to be an issue for us, as it still stays on. When I bought this it didn't cost much more than a basic litterbox. It's a few dollars more now, but I would still buy it at that price, and I am very happy with my purchase.

Daffodil WMS330 Wireless Optical Mouse 2.4GHz - Cordless 5 Button PC Mouse with Scrollwheel and Adjustable Sensitivity (MAX 1600dpi) - For Laptop / Netbook / Desktop Computers - Supported by: Microsoft Windows (7 / XP / Vista) and Apple MAC (OS X +) - Battery Powered (2xAAA Inc.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad little mouse once I got used to it..., March 2, 2013
I have to admit I did not have high hopes for this mouse when I ordered it, but my previous one died on me and I was desperate for a mouse. I love the way it was packaged...just a simple little box, no plastic to try and pry open and slit my finger on. I also LOVE the fact that the USB connector is tiny. There is only about 1/4 inch that sticks out of my laptop, and I love that it is almost impossible to bump it accidently.As for the mouse itself, I have to say that took awhile to get used to. It is extremely lightweight compared to what I had....it almost feels "junky". The feel of it while using it felt very awkward at first, and I was sure I would be on my way to ordering a new mouse and giving this one to my 8 year old. With that being said, it is no longer awkward, and I am in fact quite comfortable using it. Maybe I just needed to adjust to a different shape/feel than what I was used to? This mouse also has a feature that I assume is for saving battery life. You need to right click it after it has been idle to get the arrow to pop up on the laptop. This took me awhile to figure out, and at first I thought it was a dud. Now that I am used to it,it really doesn't phase me anymore.I don't think that the battery life is the best, as I have changed the batteries twice already, but to be fair about it, I usually forget and do not turn off my mouse either. The on/off slider button is underneath on the bottom.

My conclusion is that I recommend this mouse for the money I paid (next to nothing, really). Tiny USB port is a plus for me. If you are going to pay more than $10, I would probably spring for a better known quality. I have not had this more than a few weeks of plenty of use, so I can't really speak about long term durability. But for what I paid, this mouse is excellent in an emergency, or for a back up. Hope that helps :)

Halloween Inflatable Coffin Buffet Cooler Party Accessory
Halloween Inflatable Coffin Buffet Cooler Party Accessory
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $13.01
6 used & new from $13.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Inflateable coffin, February 1, 2013
This had multiple holes and a 3 inch slit in the middle vinyl where the ice would go. After trying to blow it up and having it deflate in seconds flat we realized there were many holes in it. It does come with 1 piece of patch kit...BUT we had several holes. Problem for us was we needed it a day and a half after we received it for a surprise 50th birthday party, so I cannot comment on customer service, since we didn't try to return it. Fortunately my husband is very handy, and he did get all the holes patched in time, and instead of ice we filled the inside with frozen cooler packs and covered it with a cheap black plastic tablecloth so they didn't show. I really don't reccomend this for the money. We did get to use it for it's intended purpose, but we were considering ourselves lucky and happy it lasted the night we needed it to.I thought the concept was awesome, but the quality was very poor.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Washington Costume, February 1, 2013
I bought this for a school presentation for my 8 year old who will be be John Hancock and this was the closest I could find. It was a little more than I would like to spend on a costume for school, but for what it id it will do. Please note that the net piece that goes around the head to hold it on is VERY small and barely fits my 8 year olds head. We cut a slit in it to make it not so tight, and it will do for a 5 minute presentation. But if you are using it for anything more than that, or you have a large head, you may want to think twice.

Page: 1 | 2