Profile for Shane O. Laake > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 572

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shane O. Laake "camera nerd" RSS Feed (Columbus, OH)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Brother EHL-2270DW Refurbished Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer
Brother EHL-2270DW Refurbished Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer
4 used & new from $113.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, October 1, 2014
I've always loved laser printers, spending over 10x as much as I did for this on my first one back in '95. The quick performance, brilliant text, and consistent, reliable, and affordable results have never been matched by any other type of printer in my experience.

This one lives up to my expectations at a price (I got mine closer to $50) that greatly exceeds them. It lacks color or duplexing, which both are nice to have, but neither is a deal breaker. My inkjet does both, but this cost less than a partial refill on my Epson Artisan 725.

I use the network printing (via ethernet), but as this is next to one of my switches, I've yet to try WiFi. Not having any form of display, you may need to use a USB cable and a PC to set up WiFI, but other reviews likely are more insightful. Wired network performance (using my laptop via wireless) is outstanding, and Windows 8 installation was a breeze. Print speed is good, and larger jobs/multiple copies really get going. Thus far every copy is pristine with nary a displaced fleck, let alone a streak or worse. Even the tiniest (requiring a magnifying glass) is razor sharp.

Note I bought a refurb, and other than the invoice, I couldn't tell. Everything looked first rate and new!

Highly recommended

Chefs Star Premier Automatic Milk Frother, Heater and Cappuccino Maker
Chefs Star Premier Automatic Milk Frother, Heater and Cappuccino Maker
Price: $50.45
12 used & new from $35.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective, though I wish it were a bit bigger, September 30, 2014
I love this little frother. It's compact, kinda cordless (induction base remains plugged in), easy to clean, and it heats/froths as advertised. I do however wish it had a larger capacity (it delivers all that's promised). Does it offer the same froth as a well done bit of work with a steam wand? No, but there's no work! It's also good quality stuff, whether using 1%, 2%, skim , almond, or coconut.

Pros:
compact
quick
Detaches from base for ease of use
does everything it claims

Cons:
wish it were bigger

Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum, 71B
Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum, 71B
Price: Click here to see our price
144 used & new from $30.18

5.0 out of 5 stars A monster on the stairs, September 30, 2014
Living in a townhouse with a basement, a couple cats, and a Saint Bernard, I have some carpeted stairs that need some TLC. I own a few nice vacuums with power brush attachments, but none really work well on stairs. I bought this on a whim due to its modest price, and I'm blown away with how well it works. It's a monster on the stairs, and it's now so easy to clean the steps and the risers. The hose comes in handy too for small chores and the car. Highly recommended

Serengeti 7979 Shiny Hematite Aerial Square Aviator Sunglasses Polarized Drivers
Offered by Sports by Sager Inc
Price: $182.20
6 used & new from $173.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful clarity, September 30, 2014
After Lasik I both became a bit more photosensitive and acquired a sunglass fetish. I've bought a few different pairs of sunglasses, and Serengeti are my favorites. After owning some of their nice polycarbonite sunglasses (Rimini) I wanted to try the glass lenses that made them famous, and these don't disappoint. The photochromatic effect is subtle, but the crisp clear polarized image is amazing, and it makes driving and other tasks so much less stressful and enjoyable.

Stolzle Glencairn Whiskey Glass Boxed, Set of 2
Stolzle Glencairn Whiskey Glass Boxed, Set of 2
Offered by BigKitchen
Price: $15.99
4 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Do yourself a favor and buy these., September 30, 2014
You cannot bead a Glencairn glass for Scotch, Bourbon, or any other whiskey. Hell, I love great rums and other sippers in these. Finding these at a great price is even better. These are every but as good as every other Glencairn glass I bought, which is to say amazing.

USA Pans 8.5 x 4.5 Inch Aluminized Steel Loaf Pan with Americoat Loaf Pan
USA Pans 8.5 x 4.5 Inch Aluminized Steel Loaf Pan with Americoat Loaf Pan
Offered by MT BAKER MERCANTILE
Price: $15.72
9 used & new from $13.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Works way better than I imagined, and I had high hopes, September 30, 2014
I never knew such pans existed until I saw this on a wedding registry for a friend. When I saw them, it all made sense. The heavy pan the baker in me loves with the non-stick surface that my lazy self loves. It works better than you'd ever imagine, both in terms of each of egress and delicious results. All that and they feel like great quality. I only hand wash these, but that's a breeze.

Nikon MS-D14 AA Battery Holder for MB-D14 & MB-D15 Multi Battery Power Packs
Nikon MS-D14 AA Battery Holder for MB-D14 & MB-D15 Multi Battery Power Packs
Offered by Unique Photo, Inc.
Price: $29.00
3 used & new from $29.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps eliminate downtime (and finding a 6 AA battery case), September 30, 2014
I love my D7100 (well the tiny buffer is a pain, but otherwise...), and I love the MB-D15 battery grip. While the grip does allow for a "backup" lithium battery in the body along with the six AAs, which keeps the camera powered during swaps, having a hot spare is great for frequent shooters, and it saves me the need to find a 6 AA battery case (haven't found one). The rest is what you expect, as it's the same pack that came with my MB-D15.

FREE SAMPLE - Luzianne + Pour-n-Stir Sweet Tea Pouch (Discount at check-out with qualifying item)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow--simply amazing, September 30, 2014
I really didn't know what to think about the free sample--heck I almost didn't try it, because it couldn't be good. It wasn't good, it was AMAZING! I love me some sweet tea, and Luzianne is my go to brew, but I didn't think the little packet could pack such a grew brew. I suppose sucralose and other artificial sweeteners can be very dense, as can tea extracts, but this is way way better than I thought. That being said, as a sweet tea lover, I make a ton of it, so I but the Luzianne bags and sucralose, but if I was in a hurry, wanted to pack light, or simply wanted to make life easier--this is the way to go!

OXO Good Grips POP Cereal and Snack Dispensing Canister, Medium
OXO Good Grips POP Cereal and Snack Dispensing Canister, Medium
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great seal = great canister, September 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There's a lot to like about this canister, but it really comes down to the seal, which works! The darn thing is air tight, and being silicone, it will stay that way. The rest is what you see is what you get. BPA plastic makes a lot of sense, and it's sturdy enough. The pour spout is a nice touch, but my oatmeal comes out well enough. Now I can make hot cereal or cookies whenever I like without worrying about finishing it right away or becoming stale.

3M 08813 Complete Fuel System Cleaner Bottle - 16 fl. oz.
3M 08813 Complete Fuel System Cleaner Bottle - 16 fl. oz.
Price: $11.19
7 used & new from $9.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost convinced this Techron believer, September 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been a Techron user for quite some time (two decades), and I'm a believer. I'm still a Techron user, not that this is a bad product.

As I'm neither a chemist or a car buff, this is a bit of a seat of the pants review, though the gas is acquired from the same gas station each week (or so) to eliminate one variable.

All of the above aside, the list of ingredients parallels (though doesn't mirror) the likes of Techron. Volatile solvents that dissolve bad stuff but still don't inhibit combustion (nor damage sensors) in the engine. In practice, an engine with 10,000 miles under it's belt and no prior treatments (it's my wife's car and she doesn't like to meddle from what Honda tells her to do) did idle subtly smoother and seem vaguely more responsive in the mid range. One clear positive is the bottle, which pours better than Techron.

These products are hard to evaluate, but I do trust 3M, and the chemicals that compose this product are solid. Honestly if I didn't already have a product preference, I'd try a few takes of this in my higher mileage Acura.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20