Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for Dav > Reviews

Browse

Dav's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dav RSS Feed

Working the Plate: The Art of Food Presentation
Working the Plate: The Art of Food Presentation
by Christopher Styler
Price: $28.80
106 used & new from $9.87

1.0 out of 5 stars not what I was looking for, September 16, 2010
I have to say the claims made about the book hooked me....in a big way. Being a culinary student and wanting reference material to help me perfect the skill of plating, I thought this book would be a great addition to my library. I was wrong....way wrong. It is very light in content....I was looking for a book that talked about plating....this had claims for foodies and culinary students. I would say that if you fit this demographic then you are already further advanced in your plating skills. The book is very basic....basic enough that I would say it doesn't deserve the title..."Working the Plate". I read it cover to cover....which takes about 1 hour. Truly a disappointment.

Lofty claims.....light on content......not what I was looking for. If you are looking for a good book on plating your money would be better spent elsewhere.