Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Movember Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes
Profile for Rebecca M. Goodwin > Reviews

Rebecca M. Goodwin's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rebecca M. Goodwin RSS Feed (Rancho Cordova, CA)

Advent Conspiracy: Can Christmas Still Change the World?
Advent Conspiracy: Can Christmas Still Change the World?
by Rick McKinley
Price: $11.15
152 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Resource for Church Leaders, December 8, 2009
In today's sour economy, folks are anxious about consumerism and willing to delve into alternative gift-giving and the spiritual meaning of Christmas. I am a pastor, and we are using it in our church as our theme for the weeks leading up to Christmas, and our congregation is truly enjoying it. Our adult and youth Sunday School classes are reading the book and watching the DVD segments and having wonderful discussions. I am using the theme for sermons this month, with two of my messages titled "Let's Conspire!" and "Give More PRESENCE!" inspired by the book. As a pastor, I am always on the lookout for resources to make the season meaningful without being "guilt-trippy." This joy-filled, lightly-humored book is short, sweet, to the point, and practical.

Melanoma Melodrama: A Medical Memoir
Melanoma Melodrama: A Medical Memoir
by Chuck Myer
Price: $14.12
27 used & new from $2.58

5.0 out of 5 stars From his grateful wife, June 12, 2009
As Chuck's wife, I lived this journey of cancer treatments and loss with him. He put his whole heart, mind and soul into this book, his last completed work of art before he died. The last few chapters were written after brain surgery, and it took all he had to produce them. Now that I have been grieving and healing for almost a year, I have some new perspective as I read the book again; I have more appreciation for the honest, poignant and loving words he left behind for us all.