ARRAY(0x9c03a024)

Customer Reviews: 223

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bellesmom "bellesmom" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Evacuation: The Vaccination Trilogy: Book 2
Evacuation: The Vaccination Trilogy: Book 2
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars YThe flow from the first book is excellent, April 18, 2014
The main character in this story is just perfect. He is not some kung foo God, some weapon hoarder, he is just a guy, a regular dad that wants to protect his kids. I love the way he is so real. Sure sometimes it is exciting to have a Rambo dude in there kicking was & taking names. This is really well written. All of the characters are people you could be living by, well hopefully not a couple of them.
This story flows in right from the last book, just the way I like it. I cannot wait to get going on the third book which I will purchase just as soon as I finish this review. I would definitely recommend this book to other readers. You do need to read the first book for this one to have it's maximum kick. I hope there is a fourth! The characters all have potential for their own story, I would love to know more about the brothers and when they first witnessed the ZA. More about what went down in the military's camp. (Prison, laboratory, or whatever you feel like calling it.) So I am off to # 3 and if this review encourages you to read this book, please mark that it did. If you do so, I thank you. I'm not terribly sure why we want those points, I guess it makes us good reviewer's.
Get the book, read the book, and I promise you will enjoy this series. I really have been. I have somehow ended up with a lot of short stories lately so a good writer is such a nice break.

California Cow Diva Lady Cow and Rose Rhinestone Mismatch Earrings
California Cow Diva Lady Cow and Rose Rhinestone Mismatch Earrings
Offered by Dolls Unlimited Omaha
Price: $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey even granny can be cool!, April 13, 2014
I really like the whole coordinated, but not identical thing. When I was younger I was probably too worried about what anyone would think if I dared to be different, now, who cares! I love just being me now, it is so much more fun than fitting in. I don't really see myself as a red hat lady, still not a blue haired lady, so as my daughter says "I'll be rocking my cow earrings!"

Elc Solar Executive Clock Temp
Elc Solar Executive Clock Temp
Offered by Arben Imports
Price: $10.32
8 used & new from $4.71

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, April 13, 2014
Great product at a great price! I use mine out on our porch, so it is tough too. I have no idea how anyone can make something this complex at this price. It tells the time, day, date, and what the moon is showing! Wow! Super simple to figure out as well.

[Rhino] BLACK Heavy Duty rugged impact Hybrid Case with Build In Kickstand Protective Case For Kindle Fire HDX 7 (7,0 inch)
Offered by rhino wireless
Price: $11.68

5.0 out of 5 stars love these!!!, April 13, 2014
Yes I said these, because you can afford to get a few while protecting your baby! I do wish the stand would be sturdier but maybe they will make a "Rhino2" with a sturdier stand. The others out there, the ones I can't even pretend I could afford, most of them don't even have a stand. So get yourself a few, just don't be overly aggressive with the stand. Oh, if something does go wrong or more likely you have a question the customer service could not be better! These are the only ones I plan on buying and the only ones I will recommend. Anyone can create a product and then gouge the public making back a markup they should be ashamed of, this company created a product & a price they can be proud of.

Dying Days Collection
Dying Days Collection
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Horny zombies?! What an imagination!!! I want more about each character though., April 13, 2014
I really like this guy's writing, his characters are very real and the stories are great. Ok, now why only 4 stars? I like to really get into a book and not put it down. I mean we all have lives, you have to put it down and function as a member of society. (Damn it!) I want the kind of story where you have the kindle propped up on the counter while you are preparing dinner, and you do get that. The trouble for me is that the stories hop around all over the place. I don't mean in each book. I am really struggling with how I am explaining this, I don't mean to be confusing.
Is Armand Rosamilia a good writer? Absolutely!
Is he a great writer? Definitely!
What is the ...I can't even say problem, because for some it would be a plus...difficulty? For me to be able to get lost in a story I need it to have a certain style of flow. I have explained that I am not a short story type of reader, but he isn't really that style of writer. If anything he really has his own style, I read A LOT. I MEAN A LOT! I have some health situations that make reading very important to me. I am struggling with this review because I take my reading and my reviews very seriously. I think it is such a lucky privilege to be able to give my opinion of a book, perhaps to help another reader choose their next book. (By the way all of that full name exposure for reviews is crap, if I wrote I would want the most honest of reviews possible. The only way that can happen is by a choice of full disclosure for reviewer as well as for the author)
Anyway I think that this is a very good book for someone who prefers short stories. I wish that each character had it's own book! That is how good his characters are, I would have loved to read about Darlene, then later Darlene & John. Even keep in the area of the stilted houses for a whole book. I never found out what happened to John's dad. Maybe I missed something or some area in the book set. I have a friend whose Kindle would skip whole chapters. So that is my thing, I really see the possibility for whole 300-500 pagers for almost all of this author's characters. But that is not how he chooses to write. For me it is a 4 star set, for many people it is an easy 5. I am not even comfortable with the 4, as a writer this guy is GREAT, but maybe it's not my favorite style of storytelling.
Am I glad I bought this book? Very much so.
Can I recommend others buy this book? Yes!
I just want more writing about each story, if that makes sense to anyone who reads this review. As an extra note, I changed my review from a 3 to a 4 star review because I did not feel it was fair to give someone this good only 3 stars. As I wait in the title he has an imagination...and then some. If nothing else he sure made me struggle with this review!

Zompoc Survivor: Exodus
Zompoc Survivor: Exodus
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars High level of excitement, March 23, 2014
This was a really good story. I did something I don't usually do before I chose this book, I read a 1 star review. Whoever wrote that review must have a personal vendetta, the book is great!

I felt that the characters were developed quite well, done in a style that I love. The author brought each character in as needed then as the story progressed he gave more information on each of then. I loved the way he described what was going on, giving you info and letting you form your visual of the scene
I am really looking forward to the next book.
Great story! Read this one, you will enjoy it!

Blue Plague: Rage
Blue Plague: Rage
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely love this story, it's one of my favorites., March 19, 2014
This review is from: Blue Plague: Rage (Kindle Edition)
This series is one of my absolute favorites! From the very first book I have fallen in love with the family that it is written about. I haven't looked at any of the other reviews because by this book I just knew it would be a five star rating. I'm sure there will be a fair share of complaints about editing, there always is. I review on the story alone, I'm not an English teacher. (That is probably obvious from my reviews.) I just feel like it is the reviewer's job to help other readers decide if this is a book they will enjoy. if you have read any of the other books in this series then you don't need my help, the books speak for themselves.

I have written about books that give me an "escape", this is one of them. There are about 5, maybe 6 authors that have the consistent ability to do just that. They take me out of my world and into theirs, it is a very special gift and I am grateful for it. I seem to be locked into the ZA genre for now so that is where my escape is. Mr. Watson has given me so many tears & laughter in his series Blue Plague, I am looking forward to his next book, my next "escape". Thank You very much Mr. Watson, you have a gift that takes people away from whatever is troubling them. That is a very special thing, I hope you will always be a storyteller.

Read this series or if you have read up to this book don't even hesitate, go ahead and get it. If anything the series just keeps getting better. If my review helped you to decide please click the box. Thank You. GREAT BOOK!!!

SURVIVORS OF THE DEAD: FROM THE ASHES
SURVIVORS OF THE DEAD: FROM THE ASHES
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to next one, March 13, 2014
I did enjoy this story, it has most of the markings of a good zombie apocalypse. For a man it probably has all of them, I like to see a little more "feelings". It is just a preference issue. The story was very captivating, it was focused on one main character with two supporting characters. The main character was a retired police officer so it made sense that the story had a slant that was fact based. The next book in this series involves Harry going to find his nephew, I am looking forward to that one coming out, soon I hope.
I can easily recommended this book to any other zombie apocalypse reader, so if you like the other books I've reviewed you will like this one as well. Read the book! I liked it.

3" Aluminum Paracord Stitching Fid Lacing Needle w/ 1" Extention
3" Aluminum Paracord Stitching Fid Lacing Needle w/ 1" Extention
Offered by T and L Paracord
Price: $6.35

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for my use, February 26, 2014
At first I was going to skip on using the needle but it really makes things so much easier. It keeps the tangling way down. I have often wished for a similar needle for regular sewing. Anyway, I went ahead & ordered it thinking it would be there if I really needed it. I have used it in every project I have done. It is a very helpful tool that I really can't imagine doing without.

Dead Hunger V: The Road To California
Dead Hunger V: The Road To California
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed this series, February 26, 2014
Eric Shelman is a really good author, he has some pretty amazing talents as well. Look up some of his you tube videos if you are a doubter like I was. I have loved this series since the first book, the way the storyline is quite a bit different from what we think of as standard zombie apocalypse style. I was concerned that may be a problem for me the first time I came across it but I find myself enjoying most of the variables especially the ones in this series.

That said you are probably wondering, like I do when I come across a similar rating situation, why did I drop to 4 stars. (I really wish we had half stars to work with because that would have helped me in this situation.) I found a couple of slight inconsistencies, that's it, nothing huge just a couple little things that bothered me. I'm not going to put them in here because if other people don't notice them then why should make them notice. I also am not going to let a couple of extremely minor glitches stop me from enjoying a wonderful series, I have already bought & started the next book.

If you have read & enjoyed any of the books that I have reviewed then you have to know you will want to read this one as well. This author has a massive imagination! I am seriously in awe of his many talents but the basis of this zombie apocalypse is really unique. He uses everyday situations such as allergies, common plants and pregnant females to give one of the coolest apocalypse storylines I have read. The people in this story are people very much like the rest of us and that shows in their desire to rebuild the world to be a safe and happy place. They are not going to let anything get in their way. This story has heart, many interesting twists and surprises, oh and plenty of zombies are harmed in the making of this series.

You really will want to read this book. Actually if you haven't yet, go back to the beginning and read each of the main group of characters story, they are each worth reading. Great series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20