Profile for Tribal Dancer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tribal Dancer "kas" RSS Feed (So Cal)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Marvash's Turkish-Arab Vest Pattern (Belly Dance)
Marvash's Turkish-Arab Vest Pattern (Belly Dance)
Offered by Patterns of Time
Price: $9.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy pattern, great results!, November 26, 2013
This is a great pattern and very easy to follow! You end up with a beautiful fully lined vest. I have not tried the sleeves yet. But I've made 3 vests with this pattern and they've all turned out beautifully. The pattern comes on a sturdy thick paper. The pattern is small enough that it can be easily traced. I chose to do this to account for weight changes!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, light, comfortable and freakin' hot!, November 12, 2013
Light and comfortable. The back zipper makes for easy accessibility. I just wish zipper were more durable. However, my boots survived 4 years of being danced in anywhere from 1 - 3 times a week. That's a damn good run. I'm ready for a second pair and I will probably love those to death as well!

Trident Case AG-DR4-RD AEGIS Case for Motorola DROID 4 (XT894) - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Red
Price: $26.58
7 used & new from $17.36

4.0 out of 5 stars A great case!, November 12, 2013
It has held up remarkably well and kept my phone safe for 5 months now. I've dropped it at least 10 times and my phone is still in nearly perfect condition. The rubberized portion covers the entire back of the phone and all corners. The hard plastic covers the back of the phone and the slide portion of the phone. All the plug in stuff is easily accessible. The only thing I have to complain about is the screen protector. The protector itself scratched up a little more easily than I expected. But it has still kept my actual screen scratch free and free of cracking or shattering.

Berwick Wraphia II Matte Paper Craft Ribbon, 100-Yard Spool, Purple
Berwick Wraphia II Matte Paper Craft Ribbon, 100-Yard Spool, Purple
Price: $8.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, October 2, 2013
I bought this material as an alternative to raffia to make a Tahitian hip hei (sort of looks like a tutu make out of grass). This material is excellent to work with and a cheaper alternative. It's sort of a crushed paper ribbon that comes about an 1/4" wide but can be pulled open and spread to about 1/2"-1" wide if need be. It's pretty sturdy considering it is all paper. It's only downfall is that I would fear getting it wet. I'm not sure how well it would hold up to water.

Simplicity Sewing Pattern 9887 Misses, Men and Teen Costumes, A (XS-S-M-L-XL)
Simplicity Sewing Pattern 9887 Misses, Men and Teen Costumes, A (XS-S-M-L-XL)
Offered by SistertoSister
Price: $19.79
3 used & new from $19.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pattern! Easy to use!, October 2, 2013
I bought this pattern ten years ago to make a mage robe (the hooded robe) for my boyfriend at the time. It was a super easy pattern to sew and I'm very pleased with it! The directions were easy to follow. And I am very pleased with the results. I'm totally wearing it as I type this review! In the end I liked it so much I kept it for myself. LOL!

Bates Men's Enforcer 11 Inch Paratrooper Boot
Bates Men's Enforcer 11 Inch Paratrooper Boot
Price: $109.00 - $176.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great versatile boots!, April 14, 2013
I'm a girl who loves dancing, works security and has crappy ankles!

I got these boots because I loved the look and wear them out clubbing for HOURS. Not long after I got them I tore a ligament in my ankle. My doctor actually approved them (instead of a stupid medical boot) for the fantastic ankle support! I've never rolled my ankles in these boots. Now I wear them for my security job and they're great. They shine up very nicely. They're tough to break in, but that's to be expected with good all leather boots. The side zip is convenient. They're pretty comfortable but I still use an insole because I have very high arches. They've been durable and I wear them for pretty much everything. The only problem I ran into is one of the side buttons popping open. But I have massive calves so I run into a problem with the fit in that area for most boots.

*I would caution people who have wider feet, the fit on these seem on the more narrow side.

HOTER Black Lace-up Corset Style Elastic Cinch Belt -BLACK
HOTER Black Lace-up Corset Style Elastic Cinch Belt -BLACK
Offered by ONBENE
Price: $5.99
2 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great faux waist cincher!, October 16, 2012
The item arrived in a timely fashion (5 days after order was placed), and was exactly as described. I'm very happy with it. It has adjustable open front lacing and a very strong Velcro closure in the back. It fit me pretty well. For anyone who wants a size reference for fit, I wear a Med top and Lrg bottom. I'm about 33" at my NATURAL waist. I'm in a size 12 pants. It was snug but that's the POINT of a waist cincher. The elastic is sturdy but still has a lot of give. The material seems pretty sturdy. It won't last a lifetime but I definitely will get some good wear out of it. I definitely plan to order more in more colors! I highly recommend this seller and this item!

Learning the Hard Way (Black Lace)
Learning the Hard Way (Black Lace)
by Jasmine Archer
24 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bdsm sex, February 16, 2009
So far, the other people who reviewed this book weren't to into it. The other reviews cover the basic storyline pretty well, so I would read those for an overview.

I really loved this book. I loved how it takes you on the journey of a complete wall flower who discovers her sexuality, embraces it and then ultimately owns it. I also REALLY love the BDSM sex scenes in this book. Their super sexy and just a bit raunchy. This book is great for people who like their erotica to be a little bit more hardcore. None of this, "I unleashed his throbbing manhood from its denim prison..." junk. It's what [......] dialogue SHOULD be, without all the corniness.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Niiiiiice BOOTS!, June 23, 2008
These boots are great! They arrived earlier than I had anticipated. They do indeed come with a back zipper, which saves you the pain of having to fiddle with a lot of buckles repeatedly.

They are super light and very sturdy. I've already worn them out dancing for 5 1/2 hours, they don't take much breaking in and are extremely comfortable. They are pretty true to size. I wear a ladies 9 1/2 - 10 and the size 10 was a good fit for me. The straps are completely adjustable and great if you have big calves like I do! I highly recommend them!

Dragonlance - Dragons Of The Autumn Twilight
Dragonlance - Dragons Of The Autumn Twilight
DVD ~ Lucy Lawless
Price: $5.99
70 used & new from $0.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wretched! Save your money!, June 23, 2008
Where to start??? If you have ever read the original Dragonlance novels please save yourself the distress that comes with viewing this movie, unless your masochistic....then rent it.

1) The animation is awful. It is reminiscent of bad 80's animation fused with horrible CG work and is also jerky looking. However, I could have forgiven the animation if the story line had been decent.

2) They took a movie that probably could have been adequately done in 3 hours and shoved it into 90 minutes. The movie starts off following the original story line, then in an attempt to make it fit into 90 minutes veers completely off course. There was very little character development, virtually no background info regarding the characters was shown and important points in the plot (that would have been relevant to a sequel) were totally omitted. It's like they put in the first few chapters of the book then just jump to the last chapter in an effort to end it in time.

3) Pet peeve: What's up with the Forest Master being covered in vines??? Seriously! Was she attacked by Swampthing or something?!?!?

I could probably continue to rant about the other offenses this movie has to offer such as: the terrible voice acting, inconsistencies and mediocre script. However, I believe I have covered the important points.

If you love the original Dragonlance Chronicles at all you should probably steer clear of this. If you've never read them...you should probably still steer clear of this movie....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3