Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for danzorilla > Reviews

Browse

danzorilla's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

danzorilla RSS Feed

Dyson DC44 Animal Vacuum - Refurbished - Cordless
Dyson DC44 Animal Vacuum - Refurbished - Cordless
Price: $249.99

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, and sometimes less., September 7, 2014
For a factory refurbished unit, what I got was quite a disappointment. The vacuum was fairly beat up, to the extent that the plastic clip for the dust bin lid was broken out of the box. As such, while vacuuming the lid would unlatch from movement, and all your dust will come pouring out. This was not fixed from the factory. Buyer beware, you get what you pay for... And sometimes less.

1 star because it does work.

JayBird Freedom Bluetooth Earbuds, Retail Packaging, Midnight Black
JayBird Freedom Bluetooth Earbuds, Retail Packaging, Midnight Black
Offered by Firemall LLC
Price: $99.00
93 used & new from $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but could use some improvements., December 9, 2011
I purchased this item from Amazon around December 2011, and here is my review after 4 months of usage. To start, I have previously used a Motorola S9-HD which my sweat conveniently killed the device after 2 weeks of usage. I started researching into other bluetooth earphones that claimed to be sweat resistant, but all of them had negative reviews regarding the sweat. I have previously never heard of Jaybird before, so I was skeptical about the product. I read a few reviews which claimed that these were great against sweat, and decided to give it a try. I use these only when I go to the gym, and I visit the gym about 6 times a week.

Pros:
1. This device is legitimately sweat proof. I sweat A LOT, to the point where I look like I jumped into a swimming pool. These have held up just fine to my sweat.
2. Sound quality is excellent despite it being bluetooth
3. Pairs with ease with my Iphone, laptop, etc. Does not have an issue re-pairing every time.
4. MUCH more comfortable than wearing a band-like bluetooth device such as the Motorola S9-HD.
5. Excellent battery life, I've only drained them down to empty once in my 4 months of ownership. I charge it periodically, but the time that I didn't, I was able to get approximately 8-10 hours of battery life between 4-5 days.

Cons:
1. If you sweat like I do, the insides of your ears will get wet too. Despite having the secure fit ear cushions, it still moves around a lot simply because the insides of my ear is well lubricated with sweat. Fortunately, due to the secure fit ear cushions, the headphones have not fallen out of my ears yet. Just requires readjustment periodically.
2. The band connecting the two ear pieces together is made of a rubber material, which is a poor design in my opinion. The reason being is that when you start sweating behind your neck, the band will catch. This is likely the main reason why my headphones are always moving and requires readjusting (refer to con#1)
3. Bluetooth cuts in and out sometimes because the receiver is on the right side. You need an armband connected to your right arm for a good listening experience. This isn't necessarily a flaw of the headphones, but a flaw of Bluetooth itself. Most users of Bluetooth do not realize this and expect flawless pairing. These headphones will work excellent indoors in a small room or a low ceiling gym. They work like garbage if you are running outdoors or are in a large gym with a high ceiling (thus the need for an armband on the right arm). The reason being is that Bluetooth radio frequencies bounce off walls and ceilings for reception; if you're outdoors, there is nothing to bounce off of. Jaybird mentions this in the product manual as well.
4. This may not pertain to everyone. I enjoy sleeping with my earphones on while on long trips or airplane rides. Due to the design of the headphones and the fact that they protrude outwards significantly, you will feel a lot of discomfort if you lean your head against a pillow. It's as if the earphones are poking at you.

All in all, these are excellent earphones. I would not hesitate to buy another jaybird product now, as I truly believe these are the ones to get if you want sweat-resistant Bluetooth earphones. Hopefully they will have improved on the tiny issues that I have in their next edition.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2011 1:23 PM PST

TomTom XXL 540TM 5-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator (Lifetime Traffic & Maps Edition)(Discontinued by Manufacturer)
4 used & new from $99.99

1.0 out of 5 stars What a piece of (insert word here)!, December 4, 2010
My first tomtom GPS, and my last.

I bought this when it was going for a great deal for black friday. With life time maps and traffic, and the large screen, this sounded like a sure winner! After much reading of the positive reviews, I took the plunge. Boy was this a mistake waiting to happen.

Arrived quickly from Amazon (about the best experience so far with this GPS), and then the horror begins.

Day of Arrival - Problem #1 (Most common problem)

Right out of the box, it did not work. You have to update it first, and update the maps. Sure, not a problem right? WRONG. The TomTom comes with 2gb of internal memory, but the maps and everything else fills up that space. There is no external memory card slot (huge problem). The tomtom Home program would not let me update the GPS because it had insufficient storage space. I deleted a few things, which realistically I should not have to do, but it still didn't work. Called TomTom, and after about 1 hour, we got it to start updating.

Tried playing around with it a few times, worked reasonably well, but never took it out on a real test run.

Day of need - Problem #2

Finally, I was going to a city that I am not very familiar with. Plugged in my TomTom, pressed power, and then waited for it to start up. Waited, waited, waited... It was frozen on the TomTom logo page. I hold the power button to reset it, and then start it up again. It works! However, it requires that I set it up again, fine, no problem.

Drove to the city, got to my destination point, turned off the TomTom, and put it away out of sight. After lunch, I turned the tomtom back on, it froze again, same thing as what had happened during the morning! Same deal, force reset, comes back on but requires setting up again. I was becoming agitated with this device.

Came back from the mall, my friends and I wanted to find some dinner. Turned on the tomtom - freezes. Reset, set up the tomtom AGAIN, and then we drive off onto our merry way to find dinner.

Day of defeat - Problem #3

When we got to the restaurant for dinner, I brought the tomtom into the restaurant with me. Trying to reproduce this issue, I turned it on. Froze, reset, set up. Turned it off one more time........ Screen went black, and would not turn on again. Thinking that it ran out of battery, I plugged it into the 12v outlet in the car, it would not turn on. Left it to charge in the car ride, got home, and tried to plug it into my computer. Still would not turn on.

Begin Amazon refund process...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2010 9:03 AM PST