Profile for Angela Streiff > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Angela Streiff RSS Feed (Minnesota)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mead Pretty Please Notebook, 10-1/2 x 8-Inches , 1-Subject, 80 sheets, College Ruled, Large Flowers (72008)
Price: $9.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, but pick it up on sale. Sturdy cover, but only 80 sheets of paper, August 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was surprised when I received this notebook to find that the cover is actually a harder cardboard cover, and not the typical thin covers spiral notebooks usually have. It's quite nice, and the design and colors look just like they are pictured. Actually the cover is so thick I'm surprised they didn't just use them for notebooks with more than 80 sheets of paper. Inside the notebook, the paper is perforated, so you can tear out pages without having all the shredded end pieces at the edge. The paper tears cleanly away. Along the spine there are 3 holes which makes this suitable clipping into a 3 ring binder. Very cute and works well as one of the back-to-school notebooks my daughter. I'd suggest getting it on sale, as $10 is a steep for a spiral notebook with only 80 sheets of paper.

Oregon Scientific AW133 Grill Right Bluetooth BBQ Thermometer
Oregon Scientific AW133 Grill Right Bluetooth BBQ Thermometer
Price: $48.62
10 used & new from $41.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Monitor food cooking from my iPhone, August 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Grill Right Bluetooth thermometer is great for both watching the temperature of meat on a grill and also in a smoker. I tried this out tonight with some chicken on our charcoal grill and it works well. I was able to watch the temperature of the meat from inside my house on my iPhone using the app. I downloaded the app for my iPad Mini as well, however like most apps that or designed just for smartphones, it doesn't really ft the iPad screen properly.

It's pretty easy to use, and you set it by what kind of meat you are cooking and how cooked you want it to be. Once it's reached that temperature, the app on your phone notifies you and lets you know it's ready. You can watch and monitor the current temperature of the meat throughout the cooking process right from the app.

One temperature probe comes with this unit, but there is a plug in for a second one. So if you're thinking of using this for the smoker, or want to BBQ more than one meat type at a time, you can get a second probe and monitor the temperature and doneness of two meats. It's been working great and it appears to have good range. I'm able to set this up on my grill outside my house and be able to still receive a signal to my phone inside the house. So far it's working well!

Dragonwing girlgear Girl's Racer Seamless Sports Bra
Dragonwing girlgear Girl's Racer Seamless Sports Bra
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and doesn't fall apart after washing, August 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is one of the better quality teen sports bras I've picked up. Some are so cheap they fall apart shortly after getting and washing them, and start to pill. Not this one. This one doesn't pill at all in the wash and holds it's shape nicely.

Everything about it is soft, including the elastic band that runs around the chest at the bottom. It's not padded and doesn't have any shaping cups of any kind. It just has a soft thin lining inside. Enough for modesty but not going to create any fake padding. My daughter finds it comfortable, and likes the dragonfly designs on it. On the back there is a picture of a dragonfly right in the center, and on the sides and the center front, there are tiny little shapes that are made to look like tons of little dragonflies. It's not a cheap bra, but it's well made and will last. Good quality for the price, and it is made in the USA.

Now Designs Kitchen Style Basic Mitts, Harvest Apples, Set of 2
Now Designs Kitchen Style Basic Mitts, Harvest Apples, Set of 2
Price: $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Large mitt that's long and well padded, August 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are cute and really BIG! These have to be the largest oven mitts I've ever owned. They are so long they go almost up to my elbow. They are also very thick, so I can pull pans out of the oven and the heat doesn't burn through. These Now Designs oven mitts are by far the best quality mitts I've had or used. Nicer and better quality than smaller cheap ones you pick up and regular stores. These are of a quality that you'd find them in a shop that sold kitchen products as a specialty.

I have these in the blue with the red apples. They look just like they do in the photo and are perfect for fall! These are a lot cuter than I hoped they would be, and getting them in a set of two is definitely the way to go. I usually just use one oven mitt and one pot holder, since that's how most sets come. But having a set of two mitts is far more convenient. Love them!

Retractable Dog Leash - Ergonomic Design with Smooth Leash Retraction - Leash Extends up to 16 Feet and Supports Dogs up to 44 Pounds © Pet Magasin
Offered by PetMagasin Direct
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice quality leash, August 19, 2014
I've been using this some time to walk my mother's smaller dog and take her out to use the potty, when she brings her over for us to doggy-sit. We have 3 big dogs, but they tend to be hard on retractable leashes, and are so big that regular leashes work better for them. But retractable ones are what my mother uses with her dog, so we keep this one here for when we are watching her.

It's a good size retractable leash. The handle is big, so any size hand should be able to grip it with ease. There is a single button on it that locks the leash in place and the leash itself is a wide flat woven nylon, not a single thin string/rope like some leashes. Even the metal clip that you use to attach to the dogs collar is a good size and strong. It's one of the best quality retractable leashes I've used!

Sample provided for review

Five Star Xpanz Zipper Pencil Pouch, Pink (50518)
Five Star Xpanz Zipper Pencil Pouch, Pink (50518)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute idea for a pensil holder. Note that the color of the pouch you receive may vary from what's pictured, August 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a cute pouch for carrying smaller stuff inside of a 3 ring binder, Perfect for pencils, pens, erasers and such. The pouch is also sewn in a way there it can expand out a little, so you can stuff this plenty full. The holes in the nylon where it's held in place in a binder are reinforced with metal, so it's not going to tear off from use. Even the zipper is really good quality, opening and closing super smoothly and having a large tab on the end for easy gripping.

On thing to note is that the pink pouch I received is similar, but not the same as the one pictured. Currently the image online here shows a hot-pink colored pouch with light grey and black sections. The one I received is light pink with just a section of black. Not a huge difference, but something to keep in mind if you're buying this for a kid going back to school who has her heart set on hot pink. Color aside, it works great!

Fekkai Full Blown Aerosol Foam Cond Us 6.6 Oz, 6.660-Fluid Ounce
Fekkai Full Blown Aerosol Foam Cond Us 6.6 Oz, 6.660-Fluid Ounce
Price: $8.23
15 used & new from $8.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells nice and works well for very thin fine hair that gets oily quickly, August 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
To starts, I am so glad I checked the reviews here for the experience of others. Like a lot of others, I put this in my hair and left it, like one would do with a leave in product. And that was actually okay for my hair, since it's not that I have fine hair, but that I've cut it from being long and thick, to a shorter and thick hair style. A style that needs a lot of body and not be weighed down by heavy products, or else I don't get the desired effect.

But that's not how this product is designed to work. It's supposed to be washed out in the shower. This works very well for making hair soft but light and fluffy. And it really worked well for my teen daughter, who has very fine thin hair. Normally she can't use any conditioner in her hair. She's at an age where her hair is getting very oily every single day, and already having very fine thin hair, the two are a bad combination. So she has to use clarifying shampoo every day, and no conditioner, just to keep her hair nice.

This conditioner however is so light and washes away well in the shower, that she can use it to help soften her hair without completely weighing it down and adding to her oily hair issues. It also has a very nice citrus cent to it. This is so nice I may just keep buying this for her, as it's definitely made for her hair type more than my own.

Hot Wheels Airbrush Auto Designer
Hot Wheels Airbrush Auto Designer
Price: $34.99
8 used & new from $26.67

3.0 out of 5 stars Really needs to have more than one car to make this fun. Pick up batteries too, since they're not included, August 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This isn't the worst toy out there, but it's not the greatest either. To start, for the price it would have been better had they included a few cars, not just one. With just one, you're left redoing the paint over and over again on the same vehicle. It would have made the set a lot better to have at lease included one hot rod type car with the van. Something with a large wide hood for doing the stencils on. Instead kids are left with just the one white van, which has ridges in it, so when trying to wipe the paint off of it, it gets stuck inside. I find that a Q-Tip works better for cleaning this out than just a paper towel.

The spray system uses paint pens/markers that you press into the back of the gun like glue sticks into a hot glue gun. They spray out something that looks a little like a cross between water colors and a dry erase marker ink. Even using the stencils, you don't get a sharp look to the paint. More of a grainy appearance. Actually you'd probably get a much better result if you just used a dry erase marker with the stencils. However it is a toy, so perfection is not really to be expected.

The main problem I'm seeing is that there is more that needs to be purchased to make this set fun. With only one vehicle, boredom set in within minutes for the kids. Also it takes large C size batteries, not included. If you buy a few additional cars, kids will get some fun for a day or so from this. This toy seems more entertaining when there several kids making cars together. When it's just one car and you're just washing it and repainting it the same way, over and over, it gets boring really fast.

Five Star Zipper Binder Plus Multi Access File, 2-Inch Capacity, 13.75 x 12.12 x 3.5 Inches, Blue (72534)
Price: $17.99
3 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it enough that I'm ordering more, August 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this for myself to use (not my kids) because I have a ton of folders with paperwork right now for several work projects, but my office is too small for even a little filing cabinet. So instead all my stuff is in folders, stacked on my shelves. After getting and opening up this binder, I found it had not only rings for folders, but also a small filing system inside too. Love it!

On the left side of the binder, built into the case, there is a 6 pocket plastic filing system. I can keep all my folders for my current projects inside the main section, and now also have quick access to files in the pockets on the side. And with a built in handle on the back, even when I have this fully loaded up, it's easy to carry. There's even a long pocket on the inside that's just the right size for pens, and another square mesh pocket with a zipper closure that works for keeping smaller items like note cards and clips for paper.

I've been using this for a few days and my now daughter wants one for her artwork. We realized that this would be perfect for that. She has all her drawings and such in a variety of folders, and this binder is perfectly designed for keeping both drawings and also art pencils in. So we're ordering one for her in another color. I had no idea just how useful this would be until I started using it. Now I'm buying more of them!

InterDesign Axis Wall Mount Tie/Belt Rack, Bronze
InterDesign Axis Wall Mount Tie/Belt Rack, Bronze
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Using this for handbags and belts, August 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm actually using this for both belts and some of my handbags. The shorter hooks on the ends are more widely spaced apart, and work well for some of my purses that have long shoulder straps. The middle hooks I have a couple of belts hanging from. This rack is strong enough to not just hold light weight ties, but large heavy leather purses!

It's really good looking too. I have it in the bronze and it's a sharp deep color. There are 12 hooks total on it, 3 on each end that are more spaced apart (for 6 total). And 6 longer hooks in the middle that are closer together. While the middle ones look like they are more meant for ties or scarfs than belts, I am using them for my belts right now and they are working great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20