Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th
Profile for Angela > Reviews

Browse

Angela's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2855
Top Reviewer Ranking: 57

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Angela RSS Feed (Minnesota)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Craft-tastic Yarn Tree Kit
Craft-tastic Yarn Tree Kit
Price: $19.88
34 used & new from $19.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Little yarn bombed trees!, May 1, 2016
This review is from: Craft-tastic Yarn Tree Kit (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Such a cute project, and finally something new to do. So many home art kits for kids are the same old ideas, just repackaged. This one is totally different than any other I've see. I learned about Yarn Bombing a few years ago when it first started to make the news. I loved the look of it, especially on trees. So when I saw this craft kit for a little yarn bombed tree, I thought it would be such a cute project for my daughter.

The kit and the project is every bit as fun as it looks. The tree is a nice large size so you really can hang long necklaces from it. And while at first you think the project might be over too quickly, as you get into it you realize it will take some time. My daughter worked on it for a few hours.

There's tons of yarn included. They didn't skimp on that at all. And the yarn is already cut and sectioned off for you so you don't need to divide up the colors or cut the pieces into the correct lengths. Everything in the kit is ready for you to start working on your project, without any need of prep work before hand.

And the end result is so pretty and unique to the person who made it. You can design it with any number of combinations of colors or patterns. Twist the yarn, spin the yarn, double up or triple up colors, etc. Make a section all one color, a few colors or a rainbow of colors, and make every section different from the others. Great for all ages, even adults!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Thrustmaster Y-350X 7.1 Powered DOOM Edition for Xbox One and WINDOWS
Thrustmaster Y-350X 7.1 Powered DOOM Edition for Xbox One and WINDOWS
Price: $149.99

4.0 out of 5 stars You still need an xBox One controller to use this headset with your PC, April 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
To start, if you are looking to use these on your PC, you will need to still use an xBox One remote with it. If you do not have an xBox One remote to use with your computer, you won't be able to use the mic on this headset. This is mentioned in small print towards the bottom of the product description here on the product page, however I feel like this should be made a lot clearer by the company, since the headset is listed as compatible with the xBox One and Windows. I don't think most people are going to realize prior to purchasing it that you can't use it with Windows if you don't have an xBox One controller.

I've tested a good number of gaming headsets over the years. Brands such as Turtle Beach, Sennheiser, SteelSeries, Tritton and Logitech, to name a few. And when each of these companies described a headset as being compatible with a certain system, it means everything needed to connect to it was included in the box. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of people buying this headset when DOOM releases, expecting that they will be able to use this on their PC, and be sorely disappointed when they discover they can't use the mic feature, since it will only work for them if they have a xBox One controller connected to their system.

While I wasn't able to use the mic, the headset does still work fine for sound when you connect right into the earphone jack of the PC. So I was able to spend some time using these on both my computer and my PS4 (plugging right into the PS4 controller). Game sounds are sharp and clear, and the direction of the audio is spot on. I play online multiplayer in COD regularly and I was able to hear the sounds, footsteps, and reloads of other player from the direction they were located. When someone was above or below me, I was able to hear that as well.

I love the build design of this set. The cover of the padding on the ear cups and in the head piece is unlike any I've ever seen used in other headsets. It has the feel of incredibly soft, well worn in leather. It's not leather and is made of something else, but it feels amazing. And the padding inside is memory foam. So you're not going to be having issues with discomfort or head fatigue when wearing these during lengthy gaming sessions.

If you only want this headset to use for sound, you can use it on pretty much any system. If your system/device has a 3.55 mm audio jack on it, you can bypass the headset's control panel that's built into a section of the cables and plug the cord right into an earphone jack. However if you want to be able to use the mic, you will need to use it with an xBox One controller, even on your PC. I even tried using an audio jack splitter that came with one of my other headsets, where you connect it to the earphone jack and it splits it into a jack for both the mic and the earphones, but still had no luck.

Sades SA913 PC USB Gaming Headset Wired Over Ear Headphones with Microphone Volume Control Noise Reduction Multi-Colors Led Lights(White)
Offered by ShengHai Shop
Price: $79.99
4 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding audio and mic performance from an ultra budget priced headset. This one works!, April 29, 2016
Wow. Color me shocked that there's actually a budget headset out there that actually WORKS, and well. I test a lot of headsets. I've long lost count. Probably 20+ Turtle Beach sets, Tritton sets, Sades, Corsair, etc. Just recently I got one to test I was so excited about. A pre-release headset that costs well over a hundred bucks and is a well known name brand. I was thrilled to be getting it because my teenage son had just broken his favorite headset he uses every day with his PC (I game on my PS4). It was perfect timing. We set it up only to find that it wouldn't work. At least, the way we thought it would. The company failed to mention that their headset that was made to work for PC and xBox One would need an additional item for it to work with PC. I wasn't pleased.

So as it happens I also had this headset to try out. Really, I didn't know what to expect. Usually with any headset fifty dollars and under, the sound can be good but the mic is horrible. My son games online with friends and communicates via Skype every day with them. We've tried endless numbers of budget headsets that had muffled mics and to us, they are useless. This headset, to me, would be a long shot. It has really good looks, so being it's so low priced, I assumed all the manufacturing costs were wrapped up in the construction. That the sound would be bad. And if the sound was good, there would be no way the mic was clear. I was SO wrong.

Simply put, this headset works so well.

After plugging it in (plug and play, no need to separately install drivers) I went to Skype to run the audio tests. You can use Skype to do test calls and hear an audio playback of yourself. The sound was incredibly clear, but the mic...oh my goodness. This has to be one of the clearest mics I have ever heard. It didn't just pic up my voice, it can pick up the sound of you typing on the keyboard. It even heard the slight squeak of the chair when I turned while recording the test audio.

And if the audio quality of the headset isn't enough, it looks pretty awesome. There are sort of stormy lightning bolts on the outside of the ear-cups that glow a rainbow of colors that are constantly changing. In the dark, this looks pretty sweet. The ear cups themselves are soft and comfortable and the head piece is ample and fits both mine and my teenage son's head well.

There's a dedicated volume knob on the side of the headset too. So no fumbling with a controller on the cord. It's easy to find and sensitive to adjustments.

I have to say, I am amazed that Sades has made such a great headset at this price. If you're on a tight budget and want a headset that works OUTSTANDING and looks slick at the same time, this is the one.

Sample headset provided for review.

Cuisinart CCB-395 Cross Action Grill Cleaning Brush, Black
Cuisinart CCB-395 Cross Action Grill Cleaning Brush, Black
Price: $10.76
5 used & new from $10.76

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality grill brush with all the features you'll need, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Now THIS is a grill brush. It has everything. A long handle (so you don't burn your arm when scraping the grill), lots of wire bristles at several angles, a metal blade scraper on the front and an easy to grip handle. This is a grill brush worthy of the Cuisinart name. We've been using it for a few weeks now and it's been holding up great. It cleans our gas grill very well and the handle has the length needed so you don't singe your arm over the heat when scraping the grill when it's hot. Works awesome!

Jmkcoz 20pcs Hair Clips Boutique Hair Bows Fashion Grosgrain Ribbon Headbands Alligator Clips Barrettes For Girls Women 3" Random Color
Offered by Jmkcoz
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A color of bow for every outfit, April 28, 2016
Even though my daughter is a teenager, she wears bows like these in her hair on school days. There's all kinds of trends out there these days, so these aren't just for little girls any more. This pack is filled with a rainbow of colors, so she's able to find something that matches what she wearing all the time. They're a small cute size and they stay in her hair well. They clip on rather than snap into her hair, so she finds them easy to adjust without pulling her hair all out of place during the day. Lots of colors and cute small size.

Sample provided for review.

Caterpillar Men's Contour Pullover Sweatshirt, Black, Medium
Caterpillar Men's Contour Pullover Sweatshirt, Black, Medium
Price: $41.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabric similar to those used in some Under Armor hoodies. Not a bulky sweatshirt., April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you're familiar with Under Armour hoodies in their Heat Gear category, this is similar to that. It's a "heavy" light-weight hoodie. Hard to really describe unless you've worn them.

The material is thin (not at all bulky) and smooth, but also weight to it. This is not the typical cotton sweatshirt most people think of when they think of hoodies. Instead it is made of a slick material and while it's not fitted, it's a leaner fit to it. The smooth finish is great at repelling water and the material holds up going through the laundry over an over even better than 100% cotton. It's the kind of layer you wear on a summer evening, or during the spring or fall. Not a thick cotton winter sweatshirt.

If you're familiar with the type of fabric used in many of Under Armour's tops, this is a lot like those. The size medium is a good fit on my teenage son. It's a true men's medium. Again, not bulky. So if you're between sizes I wouldn't suggest sizing down. Go with the lager size.

Kenneth Cole Reaction the Perfect Work Tote Bag, Black, One Size
Kenneth Cole Reaction the Perfect Work Tote Bag, Black, One Size
Price: $99.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Underwhelming. For the price it should be better quality., April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a handbag girl. I love my purses and have a closet packed full of them. I thought this Kenneth Cole bag was going to be a beautiful black tote that was going to be a great addition to my bag collection. Something that would hold paperwork, wallets, makeup, my iPad and such. And yes, it does hold all that. But in hand this bag is pretty underwhelming.

This is not a hundred dollar bag. I really expected more from a brand like Kenneth Cole. But apparently you need to spend a lot more money to get one of their nice bags, because this bag looks like something you'd find at a discount department store. Even discount stores have bags nicer looking than this one.

The farther away from this bag you are, the better it looks. From 15 feet away it looks like a nice leather bag. Get up next to it of have it in hand and you'll be annoyed with how much you paid for it. There's no lining, and it wouldn't be an issue if the material used on the bag at least looked nice. I know handbags made with PVC aren't going to be as nice as leather, but this bag looks so cheaply made and unless you're getting it for under twenty bucks, I wouldn't suggest spending your money on it.

A couple of months ago I got a tote with the exact same silhouette as this one from a mostly unknown brand. It's real leather and is made so well, and is so much nicer looking than this one. And it sells for half as much! If you love the way this Kenneth Cole bag looks online but want one that's as nice in person as it looks in photos, check out this one Melete Women's Handbag Genuine Leather Tote.

Sofa Sack - Bean Bags 6-Feet Bean Bag Lounger, Large, Charcoal
Sofa Sack - Bean Bags 6-Feet Bean Bag Lounger, Large, Charcoal
Price: $163.19
2 used & new from $159.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the worlds best (and most cozy) video game chair, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Knowing what size is right for you is key with this bean bag lounger. Sofa Sack makes bean bag seats in a variety of sizes and this lounger is their largest. They aren't kidding when they say this can fit 2-3 adults. However I'm not sure I'd recommend it for 3 adults, unless everyone is fine with being very squished up next to one anther as you sit in it. But for two people, absolutely.

You can put two people in this next to one another and they won't even be touching. The memory foam builds up around you and keeps you contained in your own bean bag bubble. So if you have kids like I do (two teenagers, brother and sister) and they want to sit in this playing video games, but can't be touching in any way or else someone is "invading" the other ones space, this will work for you. My kids can sit in this next to one another and no one complains that the other one is taking up all the room.

With that said, this is a huge bag. It's not like the old fashioned bean bag chairs were you can just sit it in the corner of the room and slide it out when you want to use it. It weighs 70 lbs. You're not going to be able to just kick this around the floor into a corner. This seat needs a whole section of a room to itself. You need a spot about the size of a love seat to put it in. I set this up in the den in front of the TV and it's being used as a video game/movie seat. My 15 year old daughter even likes to sleep in it like it's a bed. The family dogs think it's the coolest dog bed they've ever stretched out in.

When it arrived, it was in a "small" box. Small considering the behemoth size of this seat. Because it's filled with memory foam, the air is all drawn out of it and it's compressed into a small(er) size for shipping. It's still the size of a box you'd get a desktop computer or a all-in-one printer in. So it's not that small, but it makes it easier for getting it into whatever room you plan to set this up in.

Once you open it up the memory foam inside starts to expand and little by little it fills out and gets larger. You can make this go faster by sort of breaking apart the pieces of memory foam that are all clumped together. However this isn't actually as easy as it sounds. The foam is so tightly compressed together that it takes time for everything to get back into shape. It was about 50% of it's size within about 10 minutes. An hour later I'd say it was around 70% fluffed up. The next day it was big and fluffy. However the instructions do say it can take 2-4 days to fully regain its shape. I think this will have to do with whether or not you help the process along by pulling apart the foam inside.

The fabric is so smooth and soft. However there is only the one cover. So it will need to be spot cleaned. Unzipping the cover will just expose the foam pieces inside. There's no inner cover as well so you can take off the main one and wash it. Something to keep in mind if you have young kids who will be eating or snacking while hanging out in this.

If the size of this chair sounds too large for the space you're planning on setting it up at, Sofa Sack also makes slightly smaller chairs (but still large) that would be more suitable for seating a single person, like this Sofa Sack Bean Bag 5-Feet and the Sofa Sack Bean Bag Chair 4-Feet. But if you're looking for a HUGE bean bag chair that's so cozy it might be even more comfortable than you bed, this is the one for you.

Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver Sand Dollar Dangle Earrings
Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver Sand Dollar Dangle Earrings
Price: $16.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice size and weight, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like both the size and the weight of these. They're not big at all, but also not to tiny that they don't still look nice. I have another pair of earrings like these on hooks from the Amazon collection and when they arrived I found them ridiculously small. The hooks were the largest part of the earring. That's not the case with these. The little sand dollars are a perfect size for me. Subtle and cute. A great summertime earring and the weight of them makes them feel like quality. Great earrings!

tataME Bed 100% Cotton, Waterproof Mattress Protector, Twin
tataME Bed 100% Cotton, Waterproof Mattress Protector, Twin
Offered by tataME Bed
Price: $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Mattress cover made to fit the tataME Bed perfectly, April 27, 2016
I have this in the twin size to use with my tataME Bed and it's a great fit. The tataME Bed is not your every day mattress. It's a low profile, double sided bed, being firm on one side and soft on the other. Since it's reversible and low profile, not just any mattress protector will fit it correctly. To get the best fit, using this cover made by the company who makes the mattress ifs your best bet.

It fits the slim profile of the bed and works with the double-sided features. It fully encases the mattress, not just covers the top half of the bed like most covers do. And it's absolutely waterproof. I have my tataME Bed set up in the guest room and using the mattress protector on it keeps is clean no matter who's staying with us. Kids or adults, the cover keeps the bed in pristine condition. Works great!

Sample cover provided for review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20