Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation
Profile for AMANDA K > Reviews

Browse

AMANDA K's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AMANDA K RSS Feed

Adorkable
Adorkable

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, fun, fantastic read!, April 26, 2016
This review is from: Adorkable (Kindle Edition)
Purchased this on a whim based on the cute title and the description sounded right up my alley. Book delivered!!! It was so much fun to read. Love the characters, love the story. I am so jealous how Sal can rock that geekiness; I wish I had been that brave in HS. I cannot recommend this book enough to people who like YA sweet romance stories. I read it straight through (no way I could put it down!) and now I can't stop smiling.

If We Were A Movie (Power of the Matchmaker)
If We Were A Movie (Power of the Matchmaker)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and witty!, March 1, 2016
I am a big fan of Kelly Oram and this is another winner! The characters are engaging and lively, the tone is fast paced and fun. Jordan and Nate will draw you into the story and make you care about what happens to them. Colin is hilarious and steals every scene he is in! I love the set up and movie connections to each chapter- they really enhance the story.

This is part of the Matchmaker series collaboration with different authors, however it can be read as a standalone without the story losing anything (I have not read the other books in the Matchmaker series but did not feel lost or that I was missing out at any point). Word of warning to readers new to her books- The Druid Prince and V is for Virgin movie mentions are not real movies but are winks to other books by Kelly Oram for her fans (which was a real treat!).

This is a clean YA book- I would recommend this for high schoolers and older, probably not appropriate for middle school aged kids due to adult situations.

Serial Hottie
Serial Hottie
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious with lots of twists to keep you guessing!, January 26, 2016
This review is from: Serial Hottie (Kindle Edition)
I'll admit I only liked this book the first time I read it but on the second reading something clicked and now I can't get enough of it. Great story, fun twists, relatable characters. We need more chapters from Seth's POV! And I love Ellie- so nice to have a main girl character that can hold her own! Her character arc is a lot of fun (just like her!) and makes this book a joy.

The CEO Can Drop Dead: A That's Not Romance Book
The CEO Can Drop Dead: A That's Not Romance Book

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read when I am tired of the fluff!, January 26, 2016
I thought the realism of the situation was the most interesting aspect of the story (even if it made me feel frustrated at times!). I found it very believable how things could escalate and behavior be explained away. I like that the main character was methodical but still had vulnerabilities just like everyone else. It made her very relatable and you fully understood her actions throughout the entire story.

Cinder & Ella
Cinder & Ella

5.0 out of 5 stars It will become one of your go-to books!, January 26, 2016
This review is from: Cinder & Ella (Kindle Edition)
I started reading it and couldn't put it down!!! Fun retelling of Cinderella with a new twist, a great story that really pulls you in. I like that it is a clean romance and really well written. You can't go wrong with any book from Kelly Oram but this one is a standout. This book makes me laugh, cry and sigh with happiness every time I read it (which has been many many, times). Some weightier issues are dealt with in the story so I would recommend for teenager or older.

To Play the Lady (Sevalian Chronicles Book 1)
To Play the Lady (Sevalian Chronicles Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but some problems, November 13, 2011
I enjoyed reading this book and it was well worth the $.99 price tag. However I did have some big problems with the supporting characters and plotlines. Not to give away too much of the story but realistically how many times can one girl save the kingdom in a year? I also agree with the previous reviewer that the King and Queen are too simple/accessible, and the heroine's training partners are unrealistic. The Crown Prince's behavior seems very erratic with no explanation for personality changes. The overall story is a little rough and some holes- perhaps to be filled in later? Those complaints aside, if this is a first novel (as the other reviews indicate) it was a very good effort and I would read the next book in the series.