Profile for MEDIAHOUND > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 496

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MEDIAHOUND RSS Feed (SF Bay Area, CA United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Price: $122.92
31 used & new from $105.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tools for the price!, June 22, 2015
I recently took advantage of a deal on this set and am very happy with my purchase. While I don't know how long they will last since they are still new, they certainly seem sturdy and perform well. Note that these are made in China. I have been impressed with Porter-Cable power tools in the past.

These are great for home or weekend projects however if you are a professional, you would probably do better with someone with a larger battery and a bit more power.

In my case, I wanted something compact to use around the house and this kit fits the bill perfectly!

Fruit of the Loom Men's 6 Pack Crew T-Shirt, White, Medium
Fruit of the Loom Men's 6 Pack Crew T-Shirt, White, Medium
Offered by Russell Athletic

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shirts for the price, June 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are nice shirts for the price and are an improvement over the prior 'version'. They fit well, are quite soft and seem just the write thickness. I have another brand which seem too thick.

303 (30324) Rubber Seal Protectant - 3.4 fl. oz.
303 (30324) Rubber Seal Protectant - 3.4 fl. oz.
Price: $8.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a good product, June 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This seems like a good product however time will tell how well it preserves the rubber seals on my vehicle. 303 has a good track record in their other products and I've been a fan of their 303 Protectant for years.

This is easy to apply.

PORTER-CABLE PCL120DDC-2 12-Volt Max Compact Lithium-Ion 3/8-Inch Drill/Driver
PORTER-CABLE PCL120DDC-2 12-Volt Max Compact Lithium-Ion 3/8-Inch Drill/Driver
Price: $89.99
6 used & new from $84.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice compact driver for household usage, but consider another kit for a better value., June 9, 2015
Please do yourself a favor and consider the kit with impact wrench instead. It's only about $12 additional as of this review and and you get a whole additional power tool!:

PORTER-CABLE PCL212IDC-2 12-Volt Max Compact Lithium-Ion 2-Tool Kit

That said, this is a very nice compact driver for household usage and misc. projects. I wouldn't buy this to use professionally all day long, but it's an impressive tool give the price and compact size for sure. I've always been impressed with Porter-Cable.

Hanger Project Medium Horsehair Shoe Polishing Brush, Natural Bristle
Hanger Project Medium Horsehair Shoe Polishing Brush, Natural Bristle
Offered by Kirby Allison's Hanger Project
Price: $14.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Only Black received even though ordered Natural, June 8, 2015
While this is a good brush, it's just the right size (larger ones are more difficult to maneuver around your shoes), and it seems to have a good amount of quality bristles The Hanger Project really has a problem with their own product labeling!

I ordered a Natural bristle brush and the label on the Black one I received even states "Natural Bristle".

I believe they're only Black, why offer a Natural version if that's not what you are selling? False advertising anyone?

That said, it still performs well. It's just the horse hair bristles are black and not natural color.

Mountain House Beef Stroganoff
Mountain House Beef Stroganoff
Price: $7.79
18 used & new from $6.69

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the better ones, May 28, 2015
Surprisingly good. Not too salty, a good amount of meat. I could definitely make a meal out of this, even when just at home and I don't feel like cooking.

My only complaint is that it seems to come out a bit watery when using the full amount of hot water specified. I tried lowering the amount of whater by 1/3 of a cup and it came out better.

Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker
Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker
Price: $29.95
5 used & new from $24.71

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but a bit too much work for a cup of coffee, May 28, 2015
While this makes a good cup of coffee, I ended up returning it for 2 main reasons:

-It's plastic, and feels a bit cheapy. Although they say it's BPA free, it's still plastic.
-It takes a bit too much work to get a cup of coffee. I don't want to work this hard for a cup of coffee.

I went back to my tried and true french press which is a lot easier to use, is glass and metal and yields coffee that is nearly just as good.

Kinivo BTD-300 Bluetooth 3.0 USB adapter - For Windows 7 / Windows XP / Vista, Mac OS 10.3.9 or Later
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $29.99
5 used & new from $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great so far on Mac with Yosemite, May 26, 2015
This is working well with my early 2008 Mac Pro so far. I disconnected the internal built-in bluetooth first, which is very weak. Now with this, my Apple Magic Trackpad works so much better!

The LED indicators lights could be a bit brighter on this as you can barely see that it's working but this is a minor complaint.

I hope this lasts because I've had other brands in the past that crapped out in only a few months. So far, no complaints for the price paid.

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist Deep Conditioner, 8 oz
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist Deep Conditioner, 8 oz
Price: $2.97
25 used & new from $2.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but scent is too strong, May 26, 2015
This conditioner works really well and I only need to use it 2 times a week I have found.

That said, the scent is too much, and too fruity for me. I would give this more stars if it weren't for the strong scent.

Whiplash
Whiplash
Price: $14.34
39 used & new from $11.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Great soundtrack but has some dialog tracks!, May 26, 2015
This review is from: Whiplash (Audio CD)
Great soundtrack in general but I don't know why they always insist on putting dialog tracks. Just give us the darn music. If we want dialog, we will go watch the film! Very annoying.

There are also a lot of background ethereal type tracks on this, which doesn't really fit with the featured music performance tracks. I ended up deleting those along with any tracks that have dialog, just so I could get a listenable 'album'.

They really should have released the soundtrack and then a separate score. Trying to combine the two like they did is lame-not my tempo!

After removing all the score tracks, I now have a great big band jazz soundtrack.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20