Profile for MEDIAHOUND > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 522

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MEDIAHOUND RSS Feed (SF Bay Area, CA United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Jack Black Clay Pomade, 2.75 oz.
Jack Black Clay Pomade, 2.75 oz.
Price: $22.00
10 used & new from $22.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad pomade, July 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While this seems quite expensive, it performs well providing a strong hold with a matte finish (dry look) and adding some texture and weight to your hair.

It's similar to and compares favorably to American Crew: Classic Fiber, 3 oz but less greasy feeling, more clean feeling, with a bit less hold.

This has a bit of a basil type scent that isn't really noticeable at all once on your hair.

Belkin MFi Certified 4-Foot Flat Lightning to USB Charge Sync Cable for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone 5 / 5S /5c and iPod touch 5th Gen (Red)
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice Lightning cable, July 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received this cable in red and it's great to travel with since it's easier to spot and I won't lose it as easily.

The flat design of it is such that it doesn't twist itself as easily like other lightning cables can do if for example left on a desk loosely coiled.

The 4ft length is the perfect length for me and the fact this it's MFi certified means that it is certified to work with both my iPad as well as iPhone.

The cable seems sturdy and durable, yet not too thick, which I appreciate.

No complaints with this cable so far, should things change in the future, I will update this review.

Anker PowerPort 6 (60W 6-Port USB Charging Hub) Multi-Port USB Charger for Apple iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and More  - Retail Packaging-Black
Anker PowerPort 6 (60W 6-Port USB Charging Hub) Multi-Port USB Charger for Apple iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and More - Retail Packaging-Black
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $79.99

3.0 out of 5 stars 'Smart' ports are mostly hype, July 22, 2015
This is not a bad charger but most of the marketing about the ports being 'smart' are just hype. Anyone with a bit of electrical knowledge will tell you that it's the devices that determine how much current they get while charging, not the charger. So, all the charger needs to do is supply a correct voltage (in the case of USB, 5V) and an appropriate current range and surge protection. The device being charged will then draw up to whatever current it needs.

Further, Anker states that this charger will push a bit more power through cables that have more resistance to make up for the less than ideal cable, but this is a lie. I actually tested this with a meter and the Anker charger does not result in any more current being drawn when using a long crappy USB cable versus a good original one. In fact, my iPad still states 'Not Charging' with this charger when using a known weak cable. Then when switching back to a better cable, it begins to charge again, just like any other charger I've tried.

Also note, the 60 watt power rating only tells you how many iPads you could charge at the same time. With this mode, you could charge up to 6 iPads at a time. Most people do not need this and a lower wattage unit will be just fine such as a 40 watt unit (which still allows you to charge 4 iPads at the same time).

In the end, the Anker is a good charger and Anker has a good reputation for customer service, but this does seem a bit expensive given that any other charger providing near the same specs will perform exactly the same. This is completely measurable, as I have done.

Campbell's Organic Soup, Chicken Noodle, 17 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Campbell's Organic Soup, Chicken Noodle, 17 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Price: $22.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than normal canned Campbell's!, July 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I liked this soup because it tasted less salty than normal canned soup. You can always add salt (I like a bit of pepper too) to taste. One thing I don't typically like about a lot of canned soups is that they are too salty and many also have MSG.

These are supposed to be all natural and I'm not sure how they are able to stay fresh in the carton type package, but somehow I suppose Campbell's has figured that out.

I like this soup better than normal canned Campbell's.

Worldoor® Hot Sale Dual-USB 2.0 HUB Charger Doctor Voltage Current Detector Digital Ammeter Voltmeter Multimeter Fast Charging and Solar Panel Alignment USB Tester Mobile Power Panel Monitor Gauge DC Display 3.2-10V 0-3A Red Blue LED Display
Offered by Worldoor
Price: $10.89
2 used & new from $10.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Works, but LED display cut off!, July 21, 2015
Returned. Defective. It's a bit of a pain to use this because the LEDs (at least on the one I received) are strangely cut off at the bottom! Both of them do not display complete digits.

The bottom line of each LED is cut off: see picture I included with this review. Look at the 5 and and the 0 to see what I mean.

Further, Output 2 (advertised as Output Port 2 has built-in circuit for Accelerated Large Current Fast Charging) never charges at more than 1A (half what an iPad might pull). Output 1 appears to varu charging at between 1A and 1.75A (same active iPad with around 90% charge and using original cables) when I simply unplug/re-plug the device into Output 1. These variations don't inspire confidence in the unit as a whole. I suspect the reported amperage is correct.

Get one of these instead, it's way better: Jelly Comb Universal USB Power Multi-meter Voltmeter Ammeter Monitor Test Charging Voltage Current W High Precision LCD Display for Mobile Power Banks & Other USB Charging
Comment Comment | Permalink

AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones
AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones
Offered by IQ HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Price: $598.75
16 used & new from $598.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool design & comfort. Sounds slightly below price-point, July 19, 2015
I purchased these headphones on a whim given my penchant for smooth laid-back headphones (I dislike any bright headphones as my hearing is quite sensitive to treble), these headphones are great in that respect. The bass is a bit pronounced with the Nighthawks with the lower midrange at times sounding a bit cluttered. Male vocals can at times sound a bit muddy, especially if they have a low register voice. The treble is nice and smooth, not at all harsh nor fatiguing.

The design and comfort of the Nighthawk headphones are one of the best I've ever encountered in any headphones. This makes for a very impressive first foray into headphones by Audioquest.

By the way, I also own the Audeze Lcd-3 which definitely sound better, especially with vocals and midrange, but cost over twice as much and are not nearly as comfortable for long periods of wearing, they are way heavier. But both headphones are close in relative sound signature. Impressively, the Nighthawks to me sound in between the Audeze LCD2 and the LCD3, at a lower price point.

I wish the Nighthawk had a higher Ohm rating (they are 25 Ohm) since they are almost too sensitive to use with some headphone amps although if you are not using these with an amp, I suppose this is a good trait. These still benefit from some amping however sound fine directly out of my iPhone.

To reiterate- the design and comfort of these headphones are absolutely tops. They are very comfortable and feel quite light on your head. The earpads are very plush and seem to fit over my ear without any discomfort. The self-adusting headband is very similar to what you find on AKG 702 headphones for example and is quite comfortable. Each earpad is suspended in its own suspension system which also helps them remain comfortable around your ears and also helps to acoustically de-couple them from the headband.

2 headphone cables are included in the box, which also doubles as the foam lined/padded case for the headphones. One of these cables seems nice, and this is the one you're really supposed to use; it seems of an appropriate thickness for a headphone cable, but the other included cable seems like a bit of a joke. It's extremely thin and cheapy feeling. I didn't even try listening to it but Audioquest has stated this one is more durable so I suppose that is the one to use if you are using the headphones while out and about. I have heard it does not sound good however. I wish there was an option for a 4-pin XLR balanced connector or cable however as I wonder how much better these headphones might sound when running them off a balanced headphone amp, which I own. Also, both cables are terminated in a mini 1/8" plug so you need to use an included adapter to plug in to a home system via 1/4".

All this being said, with my engineering background, I just can't get over my differences with the Audioquest company regarding their marketing/selling of cables such as this $2,700. HDMI cable Diamond HDMI Digital Audio/Video Cable W/ Ethernet Connection 5 meters or a $380 ethernet cable: 1.5m (5') Audioquest Vodka RJ/E (Ethernet) Cable. Seriously?

I cannot fully trust Audioquest because of this yet I believe they have a winner with the Nighthawks if you like bit of a darker smooth sound signature in your headphones. This is a big if, because I know a lot of people will want more treble presence and a bit more detail and a wider soundstage out of their headphones. As for me and my ears, I'm enjoying these a lot so far for all kinds of music.

Jack Black Wax Pomade, 2.75 oz.
Jack Black Wax Pomade, 2.75 oz.
Price: $22.00
10 used & new from $22.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice pomade with just the right amount of shine, July 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While this seems a bit on the expensive side, it performs quite well; providing a nice shine but not too shiny, just right, with a medium to strong hold. They call it 'natural shine' which seems accurate. The wax in this makes your hair a bit shiny, although not super wet looking, just a bit more shine than without it.

If you're looking for a more dry matte look, try the Jack Black Clay Pomade, 2.75 oz. instead.

The scent is very mild, which I appreciate.

Diamond HDMI Digital Audio/Video Cable W/ Ethernet Connection 5 meters
Diamond HDMI Digital Audio/Video Cable W/ Ethernet Connection 5 meters
Offered by HiDEF Lifestyle
Price: $2,694.75
2 used & new from $2,694.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Only for BetaMax?, July 18, 2015
I couldn't figure out how to use this to connect my VHS VCR to my TV. Maybe it's only for BetaMax?

Dove Men + Care Body Wash, Hydration Balance, 18 Ounce
Dove Men + Care Body Wash, Hydration Balance, 18 Ounce
Price: $6.49
3 used & new from $6.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Fragrance too strong, poor bottle design, July 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This body/face wash was too stongly fragranced for my liking. Also, the bottle is a strange design which can only stand up on the lid. It's also not convenient to dispense the product, it would be much better if it incorporated a pump instead.

The product smooths over the skin much like Neutrogena Rainbath Refreshing Shower and Bath Gel- 40 oz (Mega Size) which is about the only good thing about it, however the scent is not as good.

Jack Black Sleek Finish Texture Cream, 3.4 oz.
Jack Black Sleek Finish Texture Cream, 3.4 oz.
Price: $14.50
10 used & new from $14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for a light hold, July 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This provides a light hold and adds some texture and a bit of weight to your hair and no sticky feel. It has very little fragrance, which I appreciate.

I would say if you're looking for something with a mild hold, this texture cream is hard to beat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20