Profile for MEDIAHOUND > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 410

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MEDIAHOUND RSS Feed (SF Bay Area, CA United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rode SC4 3 inches Microphone Cable
Rode SC4 3 inches Microphone Cable
Price: $15.28
10 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great to use a lav mic into your iPhone, April 27, 2015
This works great with the Giant Squid Lav mic to allow me to record to my iPhone.

Note, the Giant Squid mic sounds way better than the Rode SmartLav+ Mic.

Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Shoe Sac, Black, One Size
Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Shoe Sac, Black, One Size
Price: $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite nice for the price!, April 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is quite nice for the price. The inside is lined with a plastic material that is easily rinsed. So, you could even put in muddy shoes without worrying about messing up the bag itself, something you cannot do with flannel shoe bags.

Note, this can fit mens and womens shoes and chukka boots, but probably not full size boots.

Tactix 261505 Utility Knife Blade, Black/Orange, 100-Piece
Tactix 261505 Utility Knife Blade, Black/Orange, 100-Piece
Price: $8.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Good blades for the price in a useless container, April 15, 2015
While the blades are okay and the price is good for this many of them, the container they come in sucks.

The first time I went to use this, the flimsy plastic container separated when I picked it up and all of the blades dangerously fell to the ground. Very poor design!

Mountain House Chicken Fried Rice Pouch
Mountain House Chicken Fried Rice Pouch
Price: $7.99
5 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, March 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have always been impressed with the taste and quality of Mountain House meals. They're great for camping or for emergency food storage. They are also a lot better for you than MRE meals in terms of sodium content and taste a lot better too.

Mountain House Italian Style Pepper Steak Pouch

Rode SC3 3.5mm TRRS to TRS Adaptor
Price: $15.00
7 used & new from $15.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless with a Zoom audio recorder, March 15, 2015
This does not work with the Zoom H4N audio recorder. Rode should have tested this and ensured compatibility since it uses industry standard TRS connector, yet does not actually work with all TRS devices. I don't know what kind of operation they are running.

I cannot recommend this adapter and had to return it. Now I will not consider Rode again in the future either.

Panasonic HC-V750K Enhanced Sound Full HD Wi-Fi Enabled 20X Camcorder Video Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Black)
Offered by SHVITZR
Price: $695.95
7 used & new from $545.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, but not without a negative, March 15, 2015
This is certainly a good camcorder for the price and the image quality rivals ones costing double or even 3 times as much. The low light performance the zoom are both quite amazing.

My only complaint is that the built in mic jack sounds terrible. It's very muffled sounding. This was not a deal-breaker for me because I use a Zoom H4n to record high quality audio separately so I can get by with never using the mic input jack on this camcorder. The built in mics on this video camera sound fine however so it seems that Panasonic optimized the audio for the built in mics but neglected the audio quality on the mic input jack.

Fellowes 58024 Medium Mouse Pad (Black)
Fellowes 58024 Medium Mouse Pad (Black)
Price: $6.45
91 used & new from $1.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, March 10, 2015
I bought these because I heard they did not stink like many mousepads do, and they don't. I'm very sensitive to chemical fumes.

I don't use a mouse, I use a trackpad, but I use these to place things on my desk such as a cup of coffee, my cereal, etc, in order to protect the solid wood desk.

These are definitely thinner than what you are probably used to but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

For the price, I recommend these. Fellowes does not disappoint in general either.

Rode smartLav+ Lavalier Microphone for iPhone and Smartphones
Rode smartLav+ Lavalier Microphone for iPhone and Smartphones
Offered by Search n' Click
Price: $77.99
35 used & new from $65.64

1.0 out of 5 stars Okay lav mic for the money but some negatives, March 7, 2015
This is a fairly nice sounding lav mic for the price however I cannot give it a good review based upon some glaring negatives.

-It does not work with the industry-standard Zoom H4N or Zoom H6 audio recorders (with the Rode SC3 adapter). Useless.

-The smartphone app is $6.00 additional (although there is a limited free version). This gives a feeling that RÝde is trying to nickel and dime customers.

- The Rode SC3 TRRS to TRS adapter, which is not included is another $15.

- This mic sounds just okay, not great.

I also found this mic sounds a lot better with the wind screen off so I recommend you only use that if you have to. The windscreen made my voice sound quite thin.

For a mic going into your iPhone I guess it's fine, but for anything else, look elsewhere.

UPDATE: I much prefer the Giant Squid Audio Lab Omnidirectional Microphone. It even works with the iPhone with Rode SC4 3 inches Microphone Cable. It sounds way better than the SmartLav+ !

D-shaped Screw in Silicone Nose Pads, L=15mm (5 pairs)
D-shaped Screw in Silicone Nose Pads, L=15mm (5 pairs)
Offered by GroupMedShop
Price: $3.85
6 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well-spent!, March 5, 2015
When I originally got my eyeglasses, the optometrist put these on for me which greatly increased the comfort given that my glasses are a bit heavy.

After about a year, the original nosepads got all green and gross looking but my optometrist said they charge $25. for a new set, including installation. I thought that was a bit outrageous so decided to search for them on Amazon. I'm glad I found them!

Removal of the old ones and installation of these was a piece of cake, it took me less than 10 minutes total. You just have to be very careful not to slip with the tiny screwdriver and damage your eyewear. Also, at least on my frames, these sort of popped or clicked in place so you have to squeeze them in first, then insert the screw and tighten.

I now have 5 pairs including the new ones I just installed so I'm all set for the next few years!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20