Profile for The Ole Guy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

The Ole Guy RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away (NV501)
Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away (NV501)
Offered by Bay 15
Price: $237.25
42 used & new from $140.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best vacuum cleaner combo (ever), value plus, super suction, March 21, 2015
Outstanding vacuum cleaner ... EZ and convenient to use as an upright for carpets, and a canister arrangement for hardsurface floors. I love the way the dust/lint collection tank operates. No expensive bags to buy, or get. I have been a Kirby owner for decades ... thought it the best cleaner ever (very heavy and awkward), but effective. This Shark actually out cleans my G3 Kirby. Learned quickly that the tools are not interchangeable (bummer), but it is okay. I actually have everything needed

Steel Chiminea - Dia40 x H105cm
Steel Chiminea - Dia40 x H105cm
Price: $50.07
6 used & new from $41.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Conical Steel Chiminea firepit - Cute, July 2, 2014
Shipping service was excellent, two days as promised.
Decided to purchase steel over clay chiminea ... clay tends to crack ... steel should last a long time.
Fit and finish was very acceptable, stable, and weighs only 15# ... ashes pour out of chimney when held upside down.
Only minor issue: hole was miss drilled in middle section (just drilled a matching hole, no biggie)
A few minor scratches, but quickly covered with Barbecue High Temp Paint (spray can I had on hand) ... no biggie
Works rather well ... EZ burn of small branches and twigs into ashes ... any small blocks of pine, or hardwood is perfect.
A cozy fire-pit for 2-4 people ... Extended chimney eliminates smoke from eyes and nose (in general)... acceptable, not perfect.
Good little unit ... can't beat the price ... is spot welded (as it should be ... continuous welds would be a disaster).
No vent holes provided, but there is minor air flow between spot welds.
Would recommend this or the larger unit, similar design. Had the larger one been on sale I would have gotten it instead.

Brightech - 2nd Generation BA15s LED Light Bulb Replacement - Cool White Color - Single Contact Bayonet Base - 10-30V DC - Replaces #1156 1141 1073 1093 1129 93 - New and Improved Design for Greatest Efficiency
Offered by Brightech™
Price: $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars LED vs incandescent bulbs, January 6, 2014
A must have for my camping travel trailer ... Cost effective, low energy demand ... my batteries stay charged longer. Light is bright enough, and conveniently fit perfectly into existing lamp sockets. Low heat means more safe. incandescent lamps get hot ... LED's do not. Highly recommend these. Use both inside and outside.

Incipio Capacitive Stylus for Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite and other Touchscreen Devices, Black
3 used & new from $4.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylus Pointer, January 6, 2014
Works fine, but noticing that the tip picks up surface oils, and leaves traces on the touch screen. As a pointer it is more precise than a finger ... but is another thing to keep track of.

BUILT Apple iPad 2 Ergonomic Hard-Shell Case, Black
BUILT Apple iPad 2 Ergonomic Hard-Shell Case, Black
Offered by coolfamilystuff
Price: $4.96
16 used & new from $4.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Back and edge cover, good protection, but lousy support interface needed with external keyboard, January 3, 2014
As a protectie wrap around case it meets all that i could want. But, it also creates an incompatible interface (edge too thick to mate with the Anker ultraslim keyboard case w/flip stand for iPads 2,3,4.

I love the Anker Blue tooth keyboard and case. It operates as a Smart Cover (just as Apples does) but it much better.

Back to Built hard shell case. it is great if all I wanted was protection when carrying my iPad2 around. at $6.99 it is a tru bargain. But returning it with shipping costs, not worth it. so it just sits in a box on a shelf (not being used at all).

The low rating is based on overall value to me. For others, it may do what they want it to do. I do not worry about dropping my iPad ... I have a nice neoprene slip case for that. I don't use display protective films at all. Never have, never will (on my iPad) ... however on my new iPhone 5s I use a tempered glass protection. It is superb.

Anker® Bluetooth Ultra-Slim Aluminum Keyboard Cover with Stand for iPad 4 / 3 / 2 (Black)
Offered by East International Traveling Co.,Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slick Smart Cover ... Productivity is EZr now!, December 4, 2013
Very affordable ... really meets my expectations ...Excellent design trade-offs. Long battery life, and is easily recharged. I wasn't disappointed, not even a little bit. The small dot standoff legs stabilize the keyboard nicely ... (8) are provided.

My Opinion: High quality, very lightweight, great Apple-like form fit and function for me ... matches my iPad2 perfectly. Nice key action when hit, not pressed. Flip-Stand is stable and locks flat easily when the latch pressure is released slightly. The iPad is easily supported in either Landscape or Portrait orientations. Most Convenient.

I don't expect to lounge and type, so I don't expect this package to perform under adverse circumstances. Stand/slot combo does not work well with other drop-protective cases afixed to protect iPad(s) ... tested Belkin, Targus and Marware ... depends upon very thin protective skin along the hinge edge ... (I just used adhesive backed laminate to protect outer surfaces from scratching ... cost effective, too.) I also have a neoprene protective slip cover for additional protection that so many seem to want.

RECOMMENDATION: Buy it and experience it for yourself ... this is a WOW product. Works best when resting on horizontal surface. Also can use on my lap.

(realize it comes in either black or white keyboard)

4) INTEX River Run I Inflatable Water Floating Tubes
4) INTEX River Run I Inflatable Water Floating Tubes
Offered by VMInnovations
Price: $76.50
5 used & new from $76.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon shopping experience to date, December 4, 2013
All of these products have met all of my expectations. I also appreciate Amazon customer service, which to date is flawless. Shipping times have been excellent, and the various vendors also are most customer conscious and helpful.
Case in point: The CEO of Intex contacted me personally and an exchange of order, and expedited fulfillment. Doesn't get better than that.

Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health
Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health
by William Davis
Price: $16.37
357 used & new from $1.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Losing weight and inches and promoting better health, June 11, 2013
What makes this book a must buy (IMHO) is it helped me really understand the digestive process better, and specifically how certain food groups are such powerful contributors to the creation of high blood sugar because they are absorbed so quickly. I come from a diabetic family, so I am on alert to regain a very healthy body.

While Dr. Davis concentrated on just eliminating GMO Wheat because is is such a big contributor to many health problems (I have no doubt in this regard), I made a major decision to eliminate 100% of all processed carbohydrates, and their derivative components used in so many other food products. Also I eliminate all processed sugars and sweeteners. I read labels carefully, if their are any trace of wheat, its components, sugar, I don't buy it. That is a lot of food I won't touch ever again.

I have now dropped 47 pounds in 90 days. and lost 6 inches around my middle, and the pain in my knees is much less. My blood pressure before starting on this life change in eating was 168 over 95. After 30 days it was 124 over 80. That's a 40 point drop. Amazing. Yeah, I was way overweight. I take zero prescription meds. I am only 18 pounds from my final goal of 190. I was 255. I am 79 year old, and feel great.

All I have done is totally eliminate (100%) all wheat and other common gluten producing grains, and all the products it gets put into... also other high starch items like white rice and potatoes. I cleaned out my shelves of all the high carbohydrate processed products ... macaroni, spaghetti, plus everything with high fructose corn syrup and sugars ... ketchup, sauces, gravies, all breads, crackers, bagels, sandwiches ... so I am down to very low wheat and grain carbohydrate intake. I feel great ... I have no craving for bread, pasta in any form. There is zero nutrition in sugars and sweeteners. I also eliminated all dairy. I have found Chia, flax, quinoa, sesame seeds, and a variety of nuts, and lots of avocado's. Live foods (fruits, green leafy vegetables, etc)... some fish and organic chicken, maybe a filet once in a while. less meat more vegetable, nuts, high omega 3 products like Krill Oil... protein powder from yellow peas,and hemp seeds. Smoothies are a wonderful way to provide excellent nutritional combination using almond or coconut milk and papaya or cherry juices, berries, and bananas.

I don't consider this a diet ... it is a new way for me, of eating to obtain a much more healthy body. I am exhilarated and freed from all the bad hype on low fat, counting calories, cholesterol bally-hoo, etc.

This book by Dr. Davis is a god-send and a wake-up call to everyone. Get the real story about how our bodies operate.

Read and understand the real message of this fabulous book. We have been grossly mislead by today's nutritionists, medical community and news media. They all hype the marketing methods of the food industry that is making millions of dollars at the expense of the health and well-being of all of us. Read this book, change your misleading ideas of so-called healthy eating of processed and packaged foods (focusing on low fats and cholesterol) ... Yes, I realize that as individuals we react differently to various foods, etc. Watch how your body reacts. It never lies.

Eat real food loaded with all the essentials ... fresh, not processed. Natural, not enhanced. Lots of herbs and spices. I turned to Plant based eating ... Berries, nuts, fruits (not high is sweetness) ... some fish and some chicken ... not much red meat ... no dairy, no soy, Sound tough to do ... not when my health is at stake. My vitals are excellent ... all well within optimal ranges.

Yes, I am really sold on the tenants that Dr. Davis offers. They are sound, and I am an example of how quickly the turn around of stubborn weight loss can be. It works, I no longer crave anything with food industry processed contents. Since I don't crave, I don't stuff myself anymore. Buy the book, it will improve the quality of your life if you will follow the guidelines presented. Variety is also important. Drink lots of water ... lemon or Apple cider vinegar is also helpful (needed to help detox the gut).

I am continuing to learn and investigate other complementary health contributions by other medical scientists ... i.e. Dr. Alejandro Junger re: "Clean Gut" and his detox program. Read more on Leaky Gut syndrome, etc. Insightful and important.

I am learning that flax and almond flour can be used for many bread like items. But, no wheat, barley, rye, ever again. Corn is also GMO. I don't do potatoes, but brown rice is fine for me. FWIW
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2013 4:52 AM PDT

Brightech - SuperBright Ba15s LED Light Bulb Replacement - Cool White Color - 2nd Generation with 66 LED's - Single Contact Base - 10-30V DC - Brighten up your yard or RV for added safety and assurance!
Offered by Brightech™
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars LED replacement bulbs for RV camper, January 15, 2013
I purchased 3 LED bulbs to replace the incandescent filament bulbs to reduced the power demand on the battery in my camper. The bayonet base was a perfect fit ... it only took seconds to install. Only the cool white color was available at an outstanding sale price. They certainly live up to the reputation of the cool white light projection. It is more harsh than warm white would be. I got what I ordered. They came promptly. I would like to know what 2nd generation design means technically. I certainly recommend these bulbs where low current demand is advantageous. The selling price was amazing at $9.90 each. Normally high quality LED bulbs from other sources are considerably more. I am very satisfied with the product and how Amazon handled the transaction.

Kingston ValueRam 4GB PC3-10600 CL9 204-Pin SODIMM Notebook Memory KVR1333D3S9/4G
Offered by E-Speciales
Price: $45.00
12 used & new from $44.40

4.0 out of 5 stars wrong frequency for 3rd gen Intel i5 or i7 series Processors, September 24, 2012
Kingston Memory is great as a product. I had no problem with the brands ... I purposely wanted a 3rd generation CPU/graphics SoC design from Intel. Key info is frequency, SoDimm format, and latency. However, I mistakenly followed the recommendation from Amazon that listed 1333 mHz memory (buried in the SKU ID as frequently purchased with my computer. I blindly followed their suggestion. T'was truly my error as I generally check out specs carefully. One other issue is detailed and complete specs are not being offered by Amazon, or many others including ASUS. I had to dig up Intel detailed specs for their memory controller on their web site before I found the actual frequency required of 1600 mHz, not 1333. Sure I could have blindly installed the slower memory, but then the whole memory buss would have been downgraded to the lower speed.

I think it is common to dumb down specs, but, many consumers need to learn these critical details ... but may get overwhelmed. This is where the retailer needs to step up and get it proper. When I received the 1600 mHz, 4 gB memory board, it only took me minutes to get it installed. ( I build computers, so I knew exactly what to do). Just for those that are new to electronic circuit boards, never touch the gold contacts and make sure you are grounded with respect to the computer.

I will say Amazon customer service stepped up to the plate, and eagerly made the exchanges nicely, easily and promptly. I like doing business with Amazon in general.

Page: 1 | 2