Profile for Lori Ackiss > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lori Ackiss "Enthusiastic Life Participant" RSS Feed (Sunny Florida!)

15.4 inch Midnight Green Sparse Floral Laptop Notebook Padded Compartment Shoulder Messenger Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Great "Backpack" for those who want something more stylish!, September 4, 2013
My 9 (going on 16 lol!) year-old daughter wanted something more stylish than the traditional school backpack, so after much searching, this is what she finally chose. She loves it! The colors are true to the picture (at least on my laptop screen), and it fits all of her books and various school materials. The fabric is like you would find on a semi-decent piece of luggage, and seems sturdy so far. We are a month into school and it's holding up well. Doesn't show dirt, and has handled being thrown around without losing any of it's luster. No tears or rips or pulls. It fits a laptop easily. Would buy it again.

Weller ML100 Magna-Lite Micro Torch, Refillable
Weller ML100 Magna-Lite Micro Torch, Refillable
Price: $10.35
30 used & new from $5.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 2 Weeks, June 18, 2013
While it worked, it worked well. After about 2 weeks, the electronic ignition broke; which is the same thing they all do; although the other lighters of various brands I have purchased usually last at least a month or two. I will continue my search for a reliable torch lighter for under $50. I am starting to believe that one just doesn't exist.

Kyocera Hydro Prepaid Android Phone (Boost Mobile)
Kyocera Hydro Prepaid Android Phone (Boost Mobile)
Offered by BLINQ
Price: $31.19
65 used & new from $17.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre at best, June 6, 2013
I bought this phone because I lost my HTC One X and needed a phone quickly to tide me over until I got a replacement. For $100, I figured it wouldn't be anything great, but wouldn't be horrible either. I was wrong. The design is non-intuitive and flawed. The placement of the power button is such that it's almost impossible not to hit the volume button when you're trying to flash the phone from sleep. The touchscreen is intermittently responsive; at some points requiring multiple attempts to press an icon before it will launch the app, or when typing with the keyboard (Swype comes stock), typing a character on the keyboard 4 or 5 times, and then it will either "catch up" and type 5 of the same character, or it simply inserts the wrong one. The battery life is worse than any phone I've ever had, and I'm not a heavy user of graphic intensive apps or multimedia. The Boost network (aka Sprint) is just plain bad. Every call I have been on for longer than a few minutes has dropped due to "fading signal". The internet speed is dismally slow, so slow in fact that sometimes a page just won't load at all, and it happens at all times of the day. Forget about downloading anything. That's an exercise in futility and frustration. I receive my replacement phone in a couple of days and I cannot wait to RETURN this phone and get back to AT&T. It may cost more for the service, but at least my calls don't drop and it's fast and reliable so I can get actual work done when needed.

CDN DTP482 Programmable Probe Thermometer/Timer
CDN DTP482 Programmable Probe Thermometer/Timer
Price: $25.49
25 used & new from $21.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Probe Thermometer Out There!, March 24, 2008
I am a big fan of probe thermometers, and I have owned and ruined several of them; each a different brand. The CDN is the most accurate and can withstand high heat - best on the market in this price range. I have owned this thermometer for over a year now, and in this time it has:

1. Been rained on at least 5 times.
2. Dropped in our pool.
3. Been hidden in our sandbox.
4. Been dropped on hot coals and backing partially melted.

Each time this thermometer has miraculously come back to life and worked perfectly! The original battery is still going.

If I had to purchase a new one, it would be this thermometer!

Pilates For Pregnancy [VHS]
Pilates For Pregnancy [VHS]
VHS
Offered by WonderBook
Price: $2.36
8 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Pilates for Pregnancy, June 2, 2003
I bought this hoping that it would give me a good workout that would be safe during pregnancy. I would rate myself with an "average" level of fitness, and this didn't give me a good workout at all. I would imagine that someone who has never really exercised and is pregnant may benefit from this.