Profile for Paul W. Norman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 100

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Paul W. Norman "Magic Paul" RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Sing a Song of Six Pants (1947)
Sing a Song of Six Pants (1947)
DVD
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, September 12, 2014
One of the funniest Stooges episodes there is!

New Balance Men's MX608V3 Cross-Training Shoe,White/Royal,13 D US
New Balance Men's MX608V3 Cross-Training Shoe,White/Royal,13 D US
Price: $44.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fitting shoes and great looking too! Very confortable!, July 17, 2014
I love these shoes. The first pair were too small since I have wide feet and a bunion on my left foot...they hurt my left foot after walking for awhile. Becuase they don't offer wide sizes in the U.S. , I exchanged them for the 13's and they fit great!

Telebrands Pocket Hose, 50-Feet
Telebrands Pocket Hose, 50-Feet
Price: $14.21
36 used & new from $6.93

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this!!!, April 6, 2014
I enjoy gardening and saw this advertised on TV several times so I thought I'd give it a shot. Our local Walgreen's carries them so I bought two 50 ft hoses( to reach easily to the front and back yards) last spring to get ready for the spring/summer planting season, gardening, etc.

At first I loved them. They worked exactly as advertised. Then to my great dismay, after only about two months of moderate use, one of the hoses began leaking at the joint where the plastic valve is connected to the hose. I bought a METAL connector thinking that would fix it..but no...the leak spread to the actual hose material that is connected to the valve. Then a couple of uses later,I am out spraying one of the flower beds and the entire hose split ALL THE WAY straight down the side, the entire length of the hose and just blew apart!

The second hose blew apart in much the same way soon after that!

This hose is a piece of junk and obviously made with very cheap materials. Someone has/is making A LOT OF MONEY ON THIS cheap product and even though it has a money back "guarantee" I didn't even bother to try and replace it because I wouldn't want to replace this piece of junk anyway. Id rather go back to my "classic" tough hoses!

Do yourself a HUGE favor and save your money!! DON'T BUY THIS PIECE OF CRAP!!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, March 29, 2014
Excellent. I would highly recommend it! Easy to use, easy on the hair and skin and very effective. Lice are gone!

NZXT Technologies KRAKEN X60 Premium 280MM Ultra Performance Liquid CPU Cooler RL-KRX60-01 Black
Offered by PC Parts Depot
2 used & new from $114.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CPU cooler...but the software needs an overhaul, January 22, 2014
I purchased this Kraken X 60 recently and so far I am basically pleased with this physical aspects of the unit. It is well made, easy to install compared wit many other closed loop water cooling systems and seems to really aid in bringing down CPU temps compared with most bulky air coolers.

However, the software is in dire need of improvement. The software on the disk has a cheap lookng interface and is designed wanting of better user experience. The temp monitor and fan speed did not work. I went to the NZXT update site and read the notes on the new/updated software version download and followed the instructions to the letter. Well, the new version is worse than the one that comes with the physical unit. It lags horribly on the computer and actually negatively affected the computers overall performance and loading times. It won't open/run half the time, and when it did, it promptly lost the USB connection so that I could not monitor or change anything. I uninstalled it and re installed it twice and still got the same problems.

I know that NZXT is working on fixes to these and other issues, but they really should have most if not all the bugs worked out before they release the product for retail sale. One main reason why I bought this unit was because of the software monitoring, etc. I re-installed the original software from the included disk( ver 1.1) so I at least have an operational software interface that fives me some limited functionality. But, now, I am waiting for answers to how to get the updated software working correctly, if at all, to fully utilize it's capabilities. I knocked off two stars for this mainly because the original software does not work correctly and updated software was extremely quirky and often did not work at all. I'm quite disappointed by this, however I will keep the unit running and hope NZXT comes out with a much better software update soon.

I recommend this unit for it's quality, ease of installation, performance and the 140 mm fan configuration. The two included 140 mm fans seem to be good quality as well. But the software should be redesigned. $120-$140 (depending on where you buy the unit) is a lot of money to invest for a liquid cooler with faulty software defeating the purpose of using a high end cooling unit in order to maintain cooler temps for gaming and graphics/CPU intensive applications.

That being said, never-the-less, this is one of the best units of this kind on the market But please, NZXT, get your software act together.

PWN

E-3LUE Mazer Type-R 2500DPI USB Wired Optical Game Gaming Mouse Black-Gray EMS140
Offered by IGrace
Price: $11.40
20 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Mouse for the money...Love it so far!, December 9, 2013
I was in the market for a new gaming mouse but didn't want to spend a lot of extra money for a name and fancy extra programmable buttons, etc...like Razer brand gaming peripheral devices, etc.

I came upon this E-3lue Mazer mouse on here on Amazon.com. I had never heard of or seen this brand before, but I was immediately impressed with the pictures of it, the specs and of course the price compared to similar models from more recognized name brands. So I thought I would give this a try and see how it worked.

Upon receiving it, I was immediately struck by the quality of the of packaging; it was a very sleek box with the name embedded on the box and color pictures on the back. This brand is obviously Chinese and they did not write anything on the packaging descriptions in English. Never-the-less, I was impressed with the thought and care taken in the packaging and it said to me what I could expect when I opened the box; I was not disappointed.

This mouse is truly well made, sleek, and very well designed. The soft rubber material on the mouse is very nice to the touch and helps with the overall feel of the mouse in action. The blue lighting around the lower edges is a beautiful touch as well as the lit logo on the top bottom of the mouse. The click sensors seem very well adjusted and work extremely well. It glides very smoothly and seems to be as accurate as any high end mouse...(except without the high end price.) The mouse feels exceptionally comfortable while in use. The two tone dark charcoal grey and light grey accents are a very classy design touch.

Overall, I am very pleased with this mouse. For under $30.00 this is a mouse that I think could hold it's own up against most any mouse that is two or even three times the price. The buttons on this mouse are well placed and easy to press. Compared to other mice that are more expensive, this mouse does not have a lot of bells and whistles like programmable switches/buttons, etc., no software disk and the mini instruction book is written almost entirely in Chinese....but once plugged in, it connected immediately and worked just fine. If you're not in to a lot of MMO play, then this mouse should suit you fine. If you also like a classy and modern looking mouse that screams quality and sleek..then this is a great choice, and in the dark, it looks awesome!

I recommend this mouse highly.

PWN

Phanteks Enthoo Series Primo Aluminum ATX Ultimate Full Tower Computer Case PH-ES813P_BL
Price: $234.00
3 used & new from $234.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Without a doubt, this is one phenomenal case!, November 22, 2013
Instead of going into a long review, I thought that this time I will let the case speak for itself. Just go to Phantek's website and check out the page(s) on this case. I bought the case from Newegg, because it was temporarily unavailable here.

I have never had a more pleasant experience building a rig than in this case, and I have built many. Large and small. It is not only HUGE, it is chock full of absolutely brilliant and stylish, practical design elements. I have never seen a case that is so classy looking and yet so large of a space to work in. There are numerous brackets and ways to modify the interior it is mindblowing. Every detail has been though of and meticulously crafted in to this case. Everything is top quality construction...even the front case air filter looks and feels like it is is from a mercedes Benz!

Anyway, please keep in mind that this case was designed for the high end/water cooling market and as such, a water cooling enthusiast will go wild in this case with all of the options available. This case could easily go for at least $100.00 or more over the retail price of $249.00 and still be a sell out to water cooling nuts and standard air cooled builders alike.

The only cons I can mention is that the back holes to secure the two side panels are very hard to screw in using the thumb screws as the holes don't line up exactly...but with some patience you will be able to do it. Also, some of the "lock/spring" tabs are a bit flimsy (unusual considering the overall quality of the case as a whole) and so you need to be extra careful when removing/replacing the front lower fan panel and the two bottom air filter trays under the side of the case. Other than that, this is one HELL of a great case.

Johnny Carson
Johnny Carson
by Henry Bushkin
Price: $12.21
207 used & new from $1.55

4.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ for any Johnny Carson fan!, November 10, 2013
This review is from: Johnny Carson (Hardcover)
If you're a Johnny Carson fan and want to know more about his real up's and downs off and on the set of "The Tonight Show" then read this book. It's fascinating, insightful, well written and really does reveal the complexities of the most private yet successful TV talk show personality of all time.

Black & Decker NSW18 18-Volt NiCad Cordless Sweeper
Black & Decker NSW18 18-Volt NiCad Cordless Sweeper
Price: $65.99
30 used & new from $42.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little power blower for smaller jobs!, November 10, 2013
I bought this to assist with my fall cleanup routine around my small front and back yard. So far, I am pleased with it.

This Black & Decker Cordless Sweeper is great for light duty jobs on flat surfaces such as sidewalks, driveways. It's well built, well designed and very lightweight. The battery charge will run about 15-20 minutes at full continuous speed and turned on the entire time. The air pressure is better than I expected for a unit of this size and that's battery powered. The flattened nozzle on the end really helps to direct and focus the air flow to achieve maximum blowing potential.

However, I would not recommend this particular model if there are a lot of leaves, heavy dirt, damp debris or large area jobs. For example if you have leave, debris, etc., covering a flower bed near trees and other shrubs, etc., then you'll need to place the sweeper very close to the leaves to blow them out, and even then, the air pressure is not quite high enough to really do the job. As most of us know, regardless of the size and power of your blower/sweeper, you still need a rake to finish cleaning up leaves in the Autumn.

Never-the-less, it will still give you great performance to blow out most loose debris like grass cuttings, dirt, dust, loose leaves, etc., but I would buy this only if you have a smaller place to clean. This is not for large homes/yards and heavy duty cleaning/blowing.

But, if you're like me, and just want a reliable, solid blower for keeping things dirt/debris free then this is for you.

I like it, and I think you will too.

Goodfellas
Goodfellas
DVD
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Altogether a great film, August 16, 2013
This review is from: Goodfellas (Amazon Instant Video)
In this 1990 true film adaptation of Nicholas Pileggi's 'Wiseguys", director Martin Scorsese takes us on a wild ride through Henry Hill's life mainly from Hill's point of view starting in the 1950's. Ray Liotta is excellent as Henry Hill, an aspiring young hustler starting out making good in his neighborhood fast lane gang and seemingly riding high with the infamous Lucchese crime family. Eventually Hill's and the "family's" ride ends in numerous deaths and prison sentences when Hill turn's into and FBI informant in 1980.

Scorsese could not have picked a better cast in Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci, Ray Liotta as Henry Hill, Paul Sorvino and Lorraine Bracco as Karen, Henry's beleaguered wife. The cinematography is fantastic and the music practically makes the movie.

It's a fascinating point of view look at what happens to hoodlums as a result of their own self destructive indulgence and arrogance and that there may be real truth to the saying that "there is no such thing as a free lunch".

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10