Profile for A. Tarr > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Tarr RSS Feed (USA)

Z-Line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk
Z-Line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk
Offered by Blessed Living _ BRAND NEW - FAST SHIPPING _ This item cannot be shipped to Alaska - Hawaii - Puerto Rico - PO Box and OUTSIDE of USA
Price: $172.93
3 used & new from $150.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great desk, careless manufacturer, January 13, 2011
Great desk! Even with all the parts and the technical-looking instructions, hubby and I were able to put 2 of these desks together in only an hour or two. We were a little surprised to see that the glass is supposed to be attached to the metal with only a few little suction cups, but so far, everything seems to be very sturdy and it looks great. BTW, the desk CAN be switched around, with the flat side on the left and the shelf side on the right.

However, the company manufacturers were very careless when packing up the desks. We realized - a little too late - that everything inside the box was covered with a heavy - but barely noticeable to the naked eye - layer of fiberglass strands. By the end, the desks, the floor, and both hubby and I were covered in the little splinters. I can only hope that we didn't inhale too many during the process. For now, we've had to ban our pets from this room until we're sure we have cleaned up as much of the fiberglass as possible. Shame on you Z-Line for bringing this danger into our home.

A lesser problem is that even after washing the desks, they seem to be covered in a resilient, odorless chemical that gets on your skin and tastes HORRIBLE. I don't remember the reason why I stuck my finger in my mouth, lol, but thank god I did or I wouldn't have known that my hands were covered in this toxic tasting crap! So be careful before interacting with babies and pets - I had to wash my hands 4 times before all the chemical came off.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2014 6:50 PM PDT