Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Andrew Ford > Reviews

Browse

Andrew Ford's Profile

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andrew Ford "From B-town" RSS Feed (Bloomington IN)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
iPhone 6 Plus Case, MagicMobile® [Heavy Duty] Rugged Dual Layer Armor Case for Iphone 6 Plus 5.5 with Kickstand Hard Impact Shockproof Resistant Defender Case for iPhone 6 / Protective Inner Plastic Shell And Soft Silicone Skin Case / Orange - Black / [Clear Screen Protector and Stylus ] [Compatible Only with iPhone 6 Plus 5.5]
Offered by MagicMobile USA
Price: $5.89

1.0 out of 5 stars no intstuctions for installation, Fits poorly, had to pay return postage to return, June 1, 2015
Title say it all. I would not have purchased it if I had known that the inner plastic liner was in two pieces.

Epson WorkForce  All-In-One Wireless Color Inkjet Printer WF-2540, Black
Epson WorkForce All-In-One Wireless Color Inkjet Printer WF-2540, Black
Offered by Felix Printer
Price: $107.99
44 used & new from $55.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh- paper consistently mis-feeds, drinks ink rapidly, September 5, 2014
I bought this printer about a year ago for our office to complement the WF-2530 we have at home- they use same ink cartridges. The printers are almost identical in appearance, but this one has a color LED display. My biggest gripe with both models is that the sheet feeder grabs the paper unevenly, making the output appear twisted slightly to the left. I have to baby sit the printers when doing multiple page documents. It is also an ink hog, like all other ink jet printers. I would try to use refillable cartridges or get a chip resetter, but the paper feeder problem makes that pointless.

On a positive note, the scan, and fax functions are ok. I am going to live with the issues, bit will be purchasing a laser printer for the office

Bodum 1308-16 Columbia 8-Cup Stainless-Steel Thermal Press Pot
Bodum 1308-16 Columbia 8-Cup Stainless-Steel Thermal Press Pot
Offered by AmazinSavings
Price: $64.45
47 used & new from $53.17

5.0 out of 5 stars My press is 10 years old and still going strong, June 4, 2014
Keeps my brew hot and free of grounds or leaves. Just ordered a replacement gasket, so I expect to get another 10 years out of this quality pot

Bracketron PHW-203-BL Mobile Grip-iT Rotating Windshield Mount for GPS
Bracketron PHW-203-BL Mobile Grip-iT Rotating Windshield Mount for GPS
Price: Click here to see our price
115 used & new from $3.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it used to be, May 30, 2014
I bought a couple more of these for my vehicles because of the recent enactment of a "no hand held device" law in my town. I had used this product in the past and liked it..The ratcheting function of the holder does not work consistently. I don't think they will last as long as the previous models.

Stanley 95-935 9-Piece Folding Hex Key Set, Metric
Stanley 95-935 9-Piece Folding Hex Key Set, Metric
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $10.18

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy and awkward, May 30, 2014
I bought this to keep in my bicycle tool bag. I thought it would mimic the functions of the "y" or "t" handle hex wrenches used at the bike shop. In practice, the individual keys do not lock into place, and the folding lid over each set of 3 keys, does not stay latched when the tool is being used. For the price, I don't think it is a good buy

TerraTrike Safety Flag
TerraTrike Safety Flag
Offered by TerraTrike
Price: $16.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh.., May 30, 2014
This review is from: TerraTrike Safety Flag
I'm not terribly impressed. The pole could be longer and the coupler between the the two sections could be more sturdy. The flag itself is brightly colored, but the streamer portion is pretty frayed after only 7 months of use

Tyke Supply Dual LCD Monitor Stand desk clamp holds up to 24" lcd monitors
Tyke Supply Dual LCD Monitor Stand desk clamp holds up to 24" lcd monitors
Offered by Wali Electric
Price: $44.95
14 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Three years / zero problems, March 31, 2013
I bought this back in 2010 and have been very pleased. It is not pretty but it does exactly what the product description says, and it is a great value. I love having a less cluttered desk top. I wish that Tyke would offer an accessory shelf that would clamp to the post.

Apple Mac Mini MD388LL/A Desktop (OLD VERSION)
Apple Mac Mini MD388LL/A Desktop (OLD VERSION)
9 used & new from $935.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick, clean but a little pricy, January 21, 2013
This is my first Mac; I've been frustrated with windows based systems for years, and have loved my iPhones, iPad and my airport network gear. When the newest Mac mini was announced last fall, I decided to pull the trigger.

I upgraded the RAM to 16. GB myself for much less money than what Apple would have charged. The process was a tiny bit harder than I had anticipated; the upper module was harder to seat correctly than the lower module. The other set up tasks were a breeze, and there was so much less cable clutter than I was used to. Sound and graphics are terrific for such a tiny box.

I would give this 5 stars, but I think more could have been included for the price, such as more RAM, or a faster HDD, or a lower upgrade price for an SSD or the much hyped fusion drive. I would really like to see Apple make the HDD as simple to upgrade as the RAM, but if the recent trends in upgradability seen with other apple products are an indication, this is unlikely to happen.

Litter Robot LRII Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box, Black
Litter Robot LRII Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box, Black
Offered by Automated Pet Care Products Inc.
Price: $369.00
2 used & new from $369.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs better electronics and/or design, August 22, 2012
I purchased two of the units two years ago for three cats and am pleased with their operation - WHEN THEY WORK. The cats took to them with no issues and they have made litter control a two minute per week task. The shell and motors are well constructed, but the electronics are of questionable quality, or design. Both units failed last year within a week of each other (either power jack or circuit boards) within the warranty period. To the manufacturer's credit, they were quick to respond to my request for assistance and repaired both units quickly with little effort required on my behalf.

One of the units failed again this week; not surprisingly, the culprit was either the power jack or circuit board. In the process of working out a repair. I requested a refurbished replacement unit, since my Litter Robot had been repaired by them less than a year earlier. I was told that the unit was out of warranty (true) and that they would send me parts to replace the faulty components-- they did not indicate that there would be a charge for the parts.

This must be a common failure with this product. In both cases, I receive canned trouble shooting instructions, including offers for DYI replacement parts and link to a YouTube video demonstrating the repair. The control panel on the other unit I own does not work properly; the motion sensor and timer seem to function, but pressing the "cycle" button does nothing. I have to toggle the power switch to make it run.

I will update this review after I fix the units and have a few months of experience with the repairs.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2012 9:30 AM PDT

Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter
Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter
Price: $14.99
54 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Weber quality, July 16, 2008
I have had my Weber chimney started for years, and it has held up well. It holds an ample supply of fuel and paper starter material. My only gripe is I would like to see the helper handle include a heat shield like the main handle.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3