Profile for Woodsie the Owl > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Woodsie the Owl RSS Feed (Austin, Texas)

Page: 1 | 2
Footballers Wives - The Complete Third Season
Footballers Wives - The Complete Third Season
DVD ~ Gillian Taylforth
Price: $29.98
35 used & new from $9.14

5.0 out of 5 stars I miss this show SO much!, June 13, 2013
It was awesome. I miss it terribly! And I wish the whole show were available on the USA format. The season with Joan Collins was so great. I've waited ages hoping to be able to get the last few seasons on DVD but alas, never gonna happen :-(

iOttie HLCRIO102 One Touch Windshield Dashboard Universal Car Mount Holder for iPhone 4S/5/5S/5C, Galaxy S4/S3/S2, HTC One - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $19.99
19 used & new from $17.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Bummer, February 25, 2013
I was so excited to get this product. The first problem was a knob on the back didn't work so I couldn't secure the angle of the mount--probably a simple problem solved by replacing it for a new model. But then a bigger issue arose. It simple does not stick to my dashboard. This is a design problem & not a defective issue. It fell off every 2 miles til I almost tossed it out the window (I didn't. I'm not a litter bug). I do really need a phone holder that works so I will keep searching but this one was a total FAIL. :-(

Triplet Round Glass Top End Table with Tripod Base
Triplet Round Glass Top End Table with Tripod Base
Price: $54.98
6 used & new from $52.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Great style and value for the money!, February 8, 2013
I love this table! I bought it with a Groupon and am going to get a 2nd one on Amazon. It is a nice heavy piece of glass and easy to assemble. It has great style and is very sturdy. For the money you cannot find something cooler!

Natural Factors Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil 1000mg Softgels, 180-Count
Natural Factors Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil 1000mg Softgels, 180-Count
Price: $14.99
6 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Doggies delight!, November 19, 2012
I bought this for my dogs. My intent was to cut them open & squeeze on their food but they love o chew them. I just toss one in each of their meals & they love them. I'm sure these would be good for me too but I the gelcap are kinda large....anyway. Reccommended if you dogs needs joint health.

Backyard Oasis: The Swimming Pool in Southern California Photography, 1945-1982
Backyard Oasis: The Swimming Pool in Southern California Photography, 1945-1982
by Robert Atkins
Price: $41.12
50 used & new from $16.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous in every way, October 26, 2012
I was lucky enough to get to this show in Palm Springs and this book is a gorgeous representation of what was there. Lush and colorful. A great book and worth the price.

Social Q's: How to Survive the Quirks, Quandaries and Quagmires of Today
Social Q's: How to Survive the Quirks, Quandaries and Quagmires of Today
by Philip Galanes
Price: $20.70
174 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever & Entertaining, October 26, 2012
After reading his NYT column for ages, I finally decided to purchase this book. I love his tone. His attitude is hilarious and honestly, he seems to know how to address issues without konking people over the head with advice. No shaming. No Scolding. Need to get out of an awkward situation fast? He can tell you how to walk away dignity in tact. Thank goodness for the help! Its a fun read and a great gift (the holidays are coming!)...highly recommended. Really.

Sugar Shock!: How Sweets and Simple Carbs Can Derail Your Life-- and How YouCan Get Back on Track
by Connie Bennett
Price: $11.28
170 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars What am I missing? This book was awful., September 3, 2012
I must be missing something since everyone else loved this book. I found it ridiculously basic & unhelpful. Really, this was advice my mother told me when I was 8. I didn't need to buy a book to read that. I was looking for something with more in-depth analysis. Get this from your library.

If you want to read a really fascinating book on eating (that covers, sugar and fat and how we become addicted to both), read The End of Overeating. It is amazing and shocking and gave me a whole new perspective on food.

The Whoopie Pie Book
The Whoopie Pie Book
by Claire Ptak
49 used & new from $0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book BUT...., January 29, 2011
This review is from: The Whoopie Pie Book (Hardcover)
This book is truly beautiful to look at but it is written by a British baker and it is all in Metrics. Also it refers to products that I've never heard of (what is Trek?), caster suger, double creme, frosting sugar etc...(don't email me the answers, I can google too). I'm disappointed because it does make baking these beautiful recipes more laborious instead of less. Also, she is wrong claiming the original American Whoopie pie is chocolate and marshmallow. She is confusing a whoopie pie with a moon pie. However, her salty caramel whoopie pie, key lime WP, Rose Pistachio WP all sound truly marvelous. Once I figure out where to get crushed candied rose petals, I'll be on my way. If you have the patience to translate all the measurements, then this is the most sophisticated and interesting book on the whoopie pie that you're ever going to find.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2011 7:26 PM PDT

Jonathan Adler on Happy Chic Colors
Jonathan Adler on Happy Chic Colors
by Jonathan Adler
Price: $11.70
98 used & new from $2.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book but too similar to Happy Chic Accessorizing, January 4, 2011
I love Jonathan Adler. His positive energy and enthusiasm comes through in this book. I bought both this book and the accompanying Happy Chic Accessorizing. My only complaint is that both books use many of the same rooms and furniture just with different camera angles. Maybe Jonathan doesn't realize how popular he is. Didn't he know true fans would buy BOTH books? I want to see MORE of his ideas not less. That is the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars. But if you are only buying one, each is fun, inventive, chic and obviously Happy. I look forward to his next book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2011 7:29 PM PDT

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Vietnamese! Title is in Yugoslavian., January 1, 2011
Vietnamese does not use romance language letters. I wish this Amazon did indeed sell this in Vietnamese but this poster is in Yugoslavian. Google, people, Google!

Page: 1 | 2