Profile for just_another_guy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

just_another_guy RSS Feed

Uniden UDW20553 Wireless Video Surveillance System with 7-Inch LCD Color Monitor and 3 Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Great after a few tweaks, September 18, 2012
I've never written any reviews here on Amazon but after using this system, I felt the need to do so. Like any system, nothings perfect and everyone has ideas to make things better. Out of the box, the camera's are not the best, the software is unusable, and the lcd displays resolution is low. The reason I bought this system is because it's cheap and easy to setup. No running wires and drilling holes everywhere. After a few day tinkering around with this system, this is what I ended up with.

USB video capture card that I ordered for 8.99
Video capture recording with motion detection (you can find these free google search)
Dropbox to upload files to cloud
Teamviewer

I now can record all 4 cameras in quad view with motion detection and when the software detects motion, it sends me a email with 4 pictures 1 second apart. I also have the software setup to record 5 seconds prior to motion detection and 20 seconds after motion stops and these are saved in my dropbox which I can watch on my smartphone or pc while at work. If I want to watch live streams, I log on to teamviewer (not the best quality but it works).

This system now works perfect for my needs.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2014 9:07 PM PST