Profile for forever > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

forever "kchap" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Get A Clue
Get A Clue
by Jill Shalvis
Price: $14.00
86 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I really liked it!!, December 11, 2011
This review is from: Get A Clue (Paperback)
My first categorized "Romance" novel and I truly liked it! Jill Shalvis did a wonderful job writing for a male character: Cooper Scott. It was believable. I would like to ask if he was based on anyone she knows and if so is he single? Lol. I believed the story of Breanne Mooreland and especially liked the funny journal entries at the beginning of each chapter- all of them were either good advice or so true to life. I would recommend this book to anyone looking to read a steamy, romantic, stir your soul kind of book!

Born at Midnight (A Shadow Falls Novel)
Born at Midnight (A Shadow Falls Novel)
by C. C. Hunter
Price: $9.63
149 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to book 2!, December 10, 2011
This book was good. When I couldn't read it, I found myself thinking of it wondering what was going to happen next? Which only made it more suspenseful. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I liked who Daniel turned out to be. I thought that was a neat twist to the story and of course I was slightly disappointed it wasn't revealed in this book what she actually is.. because she is still on the quest to find out. But it only makes me want to read the second book in this series. The only thing I didn't like was how mushy it got in the end with her mom. 16 years of the "Ice Queen" and all the sudden they are best buds?? That didn't make sense to me but still.. good book!

The Goddess Test
The Goddess Test
by Aimée Carter
Price: $9.18
119 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good!! Can't wait for book 2, December 7, 2011
This review is from: The Goddess Test (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. I am a fan of Greek mythology and really liked how Aimee Carter used the story of Hades and Persphone and created a modern spin on it. This book has sparked the want to brush up on the mythology I once learned as well as the stories I have not heard of. In what seems like an world of books about vampires and warewolves (I'm not hating- I like those too) it was nice to read a story that was still in the "supernatural" category but didn't involve vamps and wolves. Can't wait for book 2! I would recommend this book for a good quick read.

Entwined
Entwined
by Heather Dixon
Price: $14.05
56 used & new from $1.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Cover artwork better than the book, December 4, 2011
This review is from: Entwined (Hardcover)
The cover was so beautiful I wanted to step through and be that girl. The description was inviting, however, upon finishing the book... I wished the story could have been as beautiful as the cover. The story wasn't horrible. I have read worse- however I wish the author was a little more original instead of using a story that already exists and change a few things and call it new. As I was reading it I felt like I was watching (reading) a Disney movie. Oh well... here's to the next book.

Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna Dressed in Blood Series)
Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna Dressed in Blood Series)
by Kendare Blake
Price: $12.76
80 used & new from $0.86

3.0 out of 5 stars ENDED WITH A SHRUG OF MY SHOULDERS, November 14, 2011
I thought the storyline was great but not evolved enough. This story had the potential to be amazing but instead I finished the book with a shrug of my shoulders. Maybe I'm so used to reading longer books?? I definitely felt that the author tried too hard to make her man character "Cas" sound like a boy. It just seemed like Kendare Blake was new to the writing world (not sure if she is or not) and has room to grow. The artwork on the cover is stunning. Whoever they used for the artwork-- keep it up. I don't know if I would recommend this book... maybe if it was a rainy day and there was nothing left to do? It wasn't horrible, I just wasn't imporessed.

Red Riding Hood
Red Riding Hood
DVD ~ Amanda Seyfried
Price: $4.89
233 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh Catherine Hardwick...... it could have been so much better, June 24, 2011
This review is from: Red Riding Hood (DVD)
Ok, the good points of the film: Cinematography: STUNNING especially the opening credits, Music: GOOD, especially songs by Fever Ray. Costume: Red cape is cast member in it's own: beautiful. Storyline: FLOP. The "wolf" should have been Henry played by (Max Irons) only because everyone expects it to be Peter (played by Shiloh Fernandez). When it is revealed who the wolf really is I was sitting in my living room with a big question mark over my head. Not because I didn't understand- but because I was confused as to why Catherine Hardwick would be excited over this? I can only think that Catherine didn't want the lead actress being in love with a wolf again like Twilight. I was really disappointed with this film. Catherine... give me a call, we should talk before you make any more movies, lol.

Cranford (2007) (DVD)
Cranford (2007) (DVD)
DVD ~ Various
Price: $24.47
13 used & new from $13.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Hummmm... it was ok?, June 24, 2011
This review is from: Cranford (2007) (DVD) (DVD)
I love BBC shows, mini series, and the alike. But I thought Cranford was going to be so much better than it actually was. Don't get me wrong it is good- except for the part Tim Curry enters- wtf? I'm sorry Tim Curry does not belong in period films. Good actor but stay out of period films! I guess it was just too serious for me. CLATTERFORD was a ga-gillion times better!!!! Cranford is good for a rainy day but if I had it to do over- I wouldn't have spent money on this one :(

Hold It Against Me
Hold It Against Me
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $1.29

1.0 out of 5 stars FLOP, February 5, 2011
This review is from: Hold It Against Me (MP3 Music)
Ok I actually like Britney Spears but this song.. I'm sorry to say is bad. I hope the rest of her album is better! Sorry Brit- but you can do better.

The Bronze Horseman
The Bronze Horseman
by Paullina Simons
Price: $13.24
132 used & new from $1.66

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG .. Where Can I Get an Alexander?!!! LOVE this book!, January 15, 2011
This review is from: The Bronze Horseman (Paperback)
I 100% fell in love with this book! Once I was finished- I literally wanted to read it again. I felt lost without my daily insert of Tatiana and Alexander. Why can't there be more men out there like Alexander?! For anyone who is a hopeless romantic looking for a book to capture your heart for the story, fall in love with the dreamy character of Alexander and a page turner filled with such suspense you become short of breath... this is the book to read. I will give one disclaimer- I lost sleep while reading this book because I couldn't put it down, many times I forced myself only because I had to work the next day and sometimes I read until my eyes hurt. This easily surpassed some of my all time favorite books. You won't be disappointed. PS there are 2 more books that follow this one called: Tatiana & Alexander and Summer Garden.

Ancient Aliens: Season 1
Ancient Aliens: Season 1
Price: $8.99
52 used & new from $3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars FLIPPING LOVE IT!!!!, November 12, 2010
This review is from: Ancient Aliens: Season 1 (DVD)
From the moment this show starts I am G-L-U-E-D to the screen. It is flipping amazing! I was a believer before, just because it would make sense there is life other than us out there but now after seeing Season 1 how in the world can anyone deny the existence of some form of alien intelligence. I love this show, I love Erich Von Danikan and Giorgio Tsoukalos. I could listen to them talk for hours. Highly recommend this show to believers, non believers, and the curious!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3