Profile for Sparky6string > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sparky6string RSS Feed

Epiphone Limited Edition ES-355 Electric Guitar, TV Pelham Blue
Epiphone Limited Edition ES-355 Electric Guitar, TV Pelham Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Limited in numbers, so Gibson doesn't go under!, January 4, 2015
Construction, electronics including pickups, attention to detail etc make this guitar a considerable cut above the average Epiphone, making a comparison to lower end Gibsons more appropriate. Very loud when strummed acoustically, this guitar vibrates much more than any I've tried, perhaps to a detrimental point. It strikes me as a cross between a semi hollow electric and an acoustic guitar almost. It's wonderfully sophisticated, and it's sonic versatility instills the player with excitement and confidence. A remarkable bang for buck for a guitar that refuses to cut corners.

And yes they actually are limited in numbers!

Sheffield 12000 15-in-1 Multi Function Folding Pocket Tool
Sheffield 12000 15-in-1 Multi Function Folding Pocket Tool
Offered by Ship It Now
Price: $7.99
18 used & new from $3.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough and user friendly, October 17, 2010
I've owned one of these Sheffield 12000 Multitools for a few years and it's fantastic. It's the main tool I use at home. The pliers work extremely well, and the spring is great for keeping the tool in proper position. The spring does make it so the tool doesn't stay closed when I close it, but I don't carry this one anyway. It's strictly for home use, and it works very well. The knife blade is well shaped and holds an edge, tool selection is well thought out. Bottom line is the tool is quality, and for a low price. I plan to buy a couple more to place around the house.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2015 2:23 PM PST

Feit Electric ESL40TN/D 42-Watt Compact Fluorescent High-Wattage Bulb, Daylight
Feit Electric ESL40TN/D 42-Watt Compact Fluorescent High-Wattage Bulb, Daylight
Price: $8.97
7 used & new from $8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if you leave them on, July 20, 2010
Been using three of these for around 16 hours a day for 6 months now with no troubles. They are turned on and not turned off during that period though- I have no idea how they perform when constantly turned on and off, which is not how CFLs should be run anyway btw.

These bulbs are large physically, heavy, bright, very blue/white/daylight-ish, and they represent an excellent value.

CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder
CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder
Price: $8.99
40 used & new from $5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars simple and foolproof, July 20, 2010
Magnet is so strong I keep the thing on the wall wherever I want. Quality item meant to last, and priced right!

Buck Rush Assisted Opening Knife
Buck Rush Assisted Opening Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars The EDC without a flaw, July 20, 2010
I have used this knife as my EDC for about three years now so I decided it was time for a change. Sometimes I carry a lot of things in my pockets so the one thing I looked for was an even smaller size. Off I went to research folding pocket knives, both on the web and hands on at various venders. The more I looked the more I realized I already had the perfect EDC knife for me- the Buck Rush 290. Having held all those other knives I went home to find my Buck Rush was not that big at all and very light. Goodness what a wonderful knife! It'll probably clock in at a fin or two over a Kershaw Leek or SOG Twitch/Flash but worth it IMO. Do yourself a favor and check out this knife please before you make your purchase!

Gerber 22-01526 Mini Fast Draw Spring Assisted Fine Edge Knife
Gerber 22-01526 Mini Fast Draw Spring Assisted Fine Edge Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini size, huge performance..., July 11, 2010
Purchased this knife because I needed something smaller as an EDC. With over-sized pants being passe pocket space has become more precious and this knife leaves room enough for the rest of my pocket items. While not perfect, this knife is an excellent and pragmatic choice for an EDC. After reading the reviews though I thought I might have issues as well but I do not. In sharp contrast to many reviews here I found this to be true-

The size is not a problem at all and my hands are large, plus I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. There is ample room to grip,the design is good for holding and deploying the blade at the same time. The composite handle material is excellent- tough and grippy, and the knife just feels and looks quality. Blade metal is softer than some which makes for easy sharpening and the ability to get the blade sharper than a razor. Thumb studs are very well designed and really catch on the thumb. On my example I barely have to touch the thumb studs and the knife comes flying open very quickly. I prefer no serrations to make it easier to sharpen repeatedly.

Now the bad- The clip is too tight so I tried to bend it out some. Now it needs to be tightened down as it seems the clip is loose. Not sure the screws are not stripped out after my bending attempt. They require Torx drivers, probably a 7. The lock on my example is not easy to actuate. I need to deploy the blade some then push in on the lock while I close the blade. Not something to be done on the fly but the way the knife sits in my pocket the blade is snug against the inside of the pocket which would not allow the blade to deploy in my pocket so often I don't set the lock, and thus far it has not been a problem.

The negatives do not destroy the positives for me in this case at all, and this knife gives me exactly wanted in a small EDC. I highly recommend this knife at $25 or less as a sensible smaller EDC blade.

Update 8/16/10- Both negatives I had with this knife have been resolved. The clip tightened back on easily with a TorX 7, and the lock is now easy to actuate when the blade is closed since I added a drop of oil on it and worked it in a little. I recently compared it to a SOG Twitch 1 and a Protech Stinger and I prefer the Gerber.