Profile for EGB > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

EGB RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Dish Soap, Geranium, 16-Ounce Bottles (Case of 6)
Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Dish Soap, Geranium, 16-Ounce Bottles (Case of 6)
Offered by Bay 15
Price: $27.99
31 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST dish soap!, November 16, 2011
This soap smells FANTASTIC. I actually think I enjoy washing the dishes because my kitchen and hands smell so good afterwards. It's not even really a flowery smell as much as it seems but a clean, fresh scent. I like that it doesn't smell quite as intense as some of the regular dish soaps. And, if it wasn't obvious... this does the job of cleaning dishes too!!

Amazon's prices are unbeatable. I got one 16oz bottle of this for nearly twice the price at the local hardware store and couldn't believe I could get a case for 6 for only a few dollars more on Amazon!!

Hot Tools PINKTITANIUM Salon Titanium Curling Iron 1 Inch
Hot Tools PINKTITANIUM Salon Titanium Curling Iron 1 Inch
Offered by Quick E Shop
Price: $36.95
26 used & new from $29.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Curls do not hold!, November 16, 2011
Okay I thought I was going to love this after reading the other reviews. I've had this for about 7 months now and have tried almost everything to try and get the curls to stay and they won't!!!

This iron does get very hot relatively quickly which I suppose is a good thing. The cord design is nice too - it doesn't get all tangled up like other irons I've had in the past did. The pink is a nice touch too, I suppose.

However, here are my major issues:

1) Does not hold curl! I said this already, but my fine hair cannot hold a curl with this iron at all. Even with hairspray my hair goes straight within 20 minutes.

2) Terrible position for the on/off switch... it's legit RIGHT where your fingers are on the handle of the tool. I have switched it on and off inadvertently many, many times. It also seems to get accidentally switched on extremely easily... it's been left on SO many times which is a major hazard!! There is no automatic turn off like some of the Conair products...

3) Leaves a crimp.... I know there are probably specific ways to avoid this but I haven't had trouble with leaving a crimp from the iron as much as I do with this one...

Sorry to report this iron is not for me...

Report Women's Marks Ankle Boot,Sand,7.5 M US
Report Women's Marks Ankle Boot,Sand,7.5 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking!, November 16, 2011
For the most part I totally love these boots. They look amazing with skirts, pants, trousers, dresses... everything. I have athletic legs and these make my legs look long and lean. The color is very versatile and matches almost everything. Unfortunately it does seem that blue jeans rub off a bit on the tops of these boots so you have to be careful... perhaps using a protective spray prior to use would be worth it if you're getting the lighter color...

Comfort-wise they are really nice... The sole does have a bit of cushion to it. It's definitely not a slipper or running shoe type of sole but its better than most high heels. On that note, the heel is a good height - not too high that it's uncomfortable, but enough to make you feel cool.

My one major complaint - NO TRACTION. The bottom of these is completely smooth... not a huge issue when you're walking on the street or sidewalk, but if it rained or there was ice you'd have absolutely no chance. I may end up buying separate traction pads to stick on the bottom because they are so slick....

Nike+ Stand Alone Sensor Kit
Nike+ Stand Alone Sensor Kit
Offered by Rgoods2go
Price: $35.00
21 used & new from $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but poor accuracy and battery life..., November 16, 2011
I've long been a fan of the Nike+ system... it's not flawless but it is incredibly easy to incorporate into your running regime. These little guys are so easy to just pop into your Nike shoes... although, there is one of it's inherent flaws... you should be comfortable in Nike shoes. Yes, they make little rubber holders for non-Nike+ equipped shoes but that means just another thing you have to buy.

The sensor links up with your ipod or iphone INCREDIBLY easily - I was actually shocked at how easy it was to get started using this.

I'm not sure how accurate this thing is without calibration. I ran with this for over 6mo training for the Nike Women's marathon and thought it was great. It was so nice to see my pace and progress throughout training. When I was in the race I kept relying on it for pace info and distance info and realized it was off! I suppose I should've taken the time to calibrate the sensor with my iPod but I did not realize that it would be off by 30-45sec/mile! All was fine in the end, but it wasn't until the race that I realized how inaccurate this could be.

The battery life kind of sucks. And there is no warning when it dies... you can just be running and suddenly realize that nothing is recording. I would be okay with this given there is no way to really turn it on or off, but you have to buy a whole new sensor! Why can't you just replace the battery?? Or perhaps the sensor can be turned off from your device or a bit sooner after inactivity...

Crest 3d White Whitestrips Gentle Routine - Teeth Whitening Kit 28 Treatments
Crest 3d White Whitestrips Gentle Routine - Teeth Whitening Kit 28 Treatments
Price: $30.21
22 used & new from $22.50

1.0 out of 5 stars No different from the regular Crest Whitestrips, November 16, 2011
My teeth are EXTREMELY sensitive to whitestrips... although I keep going back and back since I really like my smile to be bright. I thought this would be the answer to all my sensitivity problems but even after 2 days I was experiencing the same symptoms that I did with the regular Crest 3D Whitestrips. They do seem to work just as well as the regular strips too, but I think it's false advertising to say they are any "more gentle" on your teeth...

Burt's Bees Rosewater Toner 8oz
Burt's Bees Rosewater Toner 8oz
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $10.82
25 used & new from $10.33

2.0 out of 5 stars Smells good but does nothing..., November 16, 2011
I really wanted to love this product. I had heard that rosewater was good if you were looking to achieve even skin tone or even just to freshen up so I thought I'd go for a Burt's Bees product. As others have said, this really does smell fresh and clean.... probably my favorite part of this product is how fresh your face smells when you first put it on. Although after a few weeks of using this every morning I have noticed nothing... it didn't really help with even skin tone or controlling oil throughout the day. Perhaps it would be nice to use as a way to freshen up later in the afternoon, but even so I don't think this is a miracle product...

Tweezerman Stainless Cuticle Nipper, 1/2 Jaw
Tweezerman Stainless Cuticle Nipper, 1/2 Jaw
Offered by Beauty Envy
Price: $17.80
18 used & new from $12.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, November 16, 2011
Being a cheapskate, I thought getting one of the $5 cuticle cutters at Walgreens would be just fine... I was wrong. This Tweezerman "nipper" is very, very nice. Sharp, well designed and gets the job done.

Foley + Corinna Women's Disco City Mini, Birch/Black
Foley + Corinna Women's Disco City Mini, Birch/Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiny but cute!, November 16, 2011
The design of this bag is really unique and well done. I wasn't totally sold on the flap-over look for a long time and wondered if it would make it inconvenient to reach in but it really feels much more secure than other purses I have with a zipper or buttons. I also think this looks just as nice held on your wrist as it does over the shoulder and folded. There are TWO little zipper pockets on both sides of the bag (not totally obvious in the pictures) which easily holds cards or chap stick. No pockets on the inside though. It is smaller than you may think. I have a longer envelope shaped wallet that does not fit in here - not even standing up... I generally use this when I just am running quick errands or going to grab quick dinner/drinks and all I need is my phone, ID and credit card. It is nice in that you don't even notice you have it on when you're out. I love the white and black look since it goes with almost EVERYTHING I wear. The white does seem to get some dirt on it, or in my case, some blue stains from my blue jeans (but I did get caught in a rainstorm with it on). Otherwise I'm impressed at how clean it as stayed and certainly it would look new had I been more careful.

It's a great bag for just quick errands or something small for the essentials and gets lots of compliments!

elago S4 Slim Fit Case for AT&T, Sprint, Verizon iPhone 4/4S + Logo Protection Film included (Soft Feeling Jean Indigo)
Offered by elago design
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Minimalist and high quailty design..., November 16, 2011
I wanted a very simple and professional looking case for my iPhone and decided to try this one after seeing such good reviews. This case is incredibly simple... it literally just snaps on the back and there is just a bit of protection on the corners but not on the bottom or top of the phone (kind of hugs it on the sides only). It's incredibly light and when you're looking at your screen you really do not even see it on the phone. The navy looks really nice with the black face and I love that the shiny silver apple peers through the back of the case. I haven't dropped the phone yet so I cannot speak to the protection totally but it does seem to be the best simple protection you can get for the iPhone.

MediaDevil / PhoneDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) - Apple iPhone 4 / 4G (AT&T/Verizon/Sprint) and 4S / 4GS (2 x FRONT screen protectors).
Offered by MediaDevil
Price: $16.97
2 used & new from $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality but hard to put on, November 16, 2011
This is a great screen protector - nice matte finish, fits the screen well and has superb screen protection. My only complaint is the installation! While putting a plastic screen on your iphone may seem like the most simple task in the world I could NOT get the bubbles out and once you apply the screen once you absolutely cannot take it off and try again. It seems to lose some of its stickiness immediately and just does not go on as effectively again. I generally have no problem putting these on any of my electronic devices so I was super bummer when I spent money on this guy and neither went on smoothly!!

It's definitely a high quality product BUT... be EXTREMELY careful putting this thing on!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3