Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Christopher K. Seid > Reviews

Browse

Christopher K. S...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christopher K. Seid RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Penguins of Madagascar Season 1
The Penguins of Madagascar Season 1
Price: $31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, April 11, 2015
High quality program. My son 8 enjoys it a lot!

How to Buy an Airstream
How to Buy an Airstream
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, March 2, 2015
Great information and fun reading!

[Upgraded Version] Anker USB 3.0 SuperSpeed 10-Port Hub Including a BC 1.2 Charging Port with 60W (12V / 5A) Power Adapter [VIA VL812-B2 Chipset and updated Firmware 9081] AH231
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $119.99
23 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 months on...still works flawlessly. Highly recommend, June 19, 2014
I'vd had this for 10 months. Works great. Never had any problems! Would definitely by again. Might even upgrade to the new 13 ports!

Manfrotto 175F-1 Spring Clamp with Flash Shoe - Black
Manfrotto 175F-1 Spring Clamp with Flash Shoe - Black
Price: $60.88
12 used & new from $56.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product. Well Made., December 16, 2013
Does what it is supposed to do and that is to clamp on something and keep your flash sturdy while it is popping!! Strong and sturdy clamps. Definitely can hold my monster nikon SB900 and pocket wizard with no trouble. A great tool for any wedding photographer that likes to play with off camera flash. Can Also place on light stand so it is quite convenient!

3.5 mm to Male Flash PC Sync Cable 12-Inch Coiled Cord Suitable for Nikon, Canon, Pocketwizard Miniphone PC1
Offered by Foto&Tech
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: DO NOT BUY!!, December 16, 2013
I'm not the type that usually gives bad reviews. But this is absolute garbage. I bought this a remote flash set up. Having planned ahead, i ordered it early but never tested it until the big day. The PC connector fell off the first time i tried to connect it!! The solder on the thing is just to hold it in place until you connect it. I think the seller is really just trying to con our money, knowing we probably won't return it.
It comes packaged nicely, so i never thought of testing it!! Now its over 30 days and I can't return it!! Wasted $10 bucks on this. Buyer beware!!!

Fujinon XF 18-55mm f:2.8-4.0 R LM OIS Zoom Lens
Fujinon XF 18-55mm f:2.8-4.0 R LM OIS Zoom Lens
Price: $699.00
30 used & new from $389.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp, Light-weight, quick focus. A keeper., September 2, 2013
I shoot weddings for a profession and use Nikon when I work (D4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm f2.8 etc etc). However, when we took the family holiday to Europe this summer, I left the D4 home and packed the X-pro 1 instead. I didn't want to change lens often (35mm 1.4, 18mm f2.0 and 60mm F2.4) and so I bought this lens 2 days before i left. I'm glad i bought it! The zoom is great for quick framing and compositions, especially when you have kids that move around (,though of course the xpro1 really isn't a kids/sports camera!). For still portraits and travel shots, this lens was sharp and focused well. I think i had lot less mis-focused shots compared to my 35mm 1.4. In the end, this lens remained on my xpro1 for about 95% of the time during my month long trip. The lens is solidly built...metal casing which gives it a quality feel. The images where sharp and i had only some out of focussed shots. The image stabilization worked and paired with the xpro1.. I was able to do well in low light situations. Although it is not a constant aperture lens, i barely felt the F4 difference. In the end, i liken this lens to my nikon 24-70 F2.8 work horse. A keeper in my books. I will probably sell the 18 F2.0 and 60mm F2.4 as they get little use. At this price, I think it makes a great addition to most photographer's line-up.

Think Tank Photo Retrospective 7 - Pinestone
Think Tank Photo Retrospective 7 - Pinestone
Offered by bakya's
Price: $162.74
80 used & new from $133.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Bag!, October 10, 2012
I bought this bag for my summer Euro trip when I didn't want to lug around my bigger camera bags. I packed a Nikon D4 and 3 lens (70-200 F2.8, 24-70mm F2.8 and 50mm F1.4. With a D4 (lens attached), the bag became a little bulky. A D700 or D800 would have been perfect, but since I was testing the D4 i wanted to see if it could do the job. The outer front pocket was very useful and my D4 (with no lens) could have been placed there if i wanted to. Instead, i placed my Sb900 there and some filters. The two sides allow you to add other thinktank modular components. I have the thinktank lens changers ready to put on, but decided in the end to use the think tank "skin", since they are foldable and can be placed inside the bag without being bulky. At one point, i also had the 12-24mm F2.8 with me too....and used the bag mainly as a lens changing bag while i carried the D4 with one lens around my neck. The bag does get heavy, but the strap is well padded. What I really like is the small hand strap, that makes it easy to carry when you don't want to use the shoulder strap. The cloth material is quite durable. The only downside is that it rained and i had forgotten to bring the include raincoat with me....the bag kept my gear dry but after it got wet, it gave off this really stinky smell!! So remember to pack the included raincoat!!! For larger pro-sized cameras users (e.g. D4 1Dx), i might recommend a larger bag, but for smaller sized pro (Mark III, D800) or smaller, this is a great little street bag for 2-3 lens. The ipad pocket is perfect for travel too.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Priced well, clean look, good fit, October 10, 2012
I like this bumper more than my official Apple bumper for my iPhone 4s. The rubber on the official one would start peeling in about 6 months. Granted that i only had this for 2 weeks, i have a feeling it will last much longer. I have dropped my iphone 5 twice already, and it has protected my iphone fine. The bumper fits really well and color matches my iphone too. About 10 days in, i wore a pair of dark color jeans (from Zara) and placed my iPhone 5 in my back pocket....the bumper's white color became blue-ish color. (Same problem i had with the apple's bumper.) So beware of this if you choose the white color bumper and have your phone rubs against dark color jeans!! Otherwise, i really like this bumper. Great price too

Nikon SB-900 AF Speedlight Flash for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Nikon SB-900 AF Speedlight Flash for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Price: $570.00
31 used & new from $289.51

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good, September 24, 2008
I own 3 SB-800s and I shoot weddings. So far none of SB-800s have quit on me. They are real workhorses. I bought the Sb-900 because i like the ease of switching it from being a regular flash to a master control in a quick flick. If you use this function a lot, it may be worth it to get the SB900. The $130 difference to me depends on how fast you use that function. In a wedding, you could set up some remote lights with your other nikon speedlights...and create some nice lighting. But sometime you want to turn these remotes on/off and it is a real hassle doing it withe the Sb800. Now, it takes less that second...which is essential in a wedding environment.
I read other comments about how their 900s overheated and shut down. I did not experience this for the 2 weddings i shot recently. However, since i'm shooting with a new D700 at ISO 400 - 800, i'm probably not working the 900 extremely hard. Overall, the flash seems to be working well, and apart from its size, i like it. The negatives: The controls needs a little getting used to and the flash case is a little too long too. If it was priced in the 3 hundreds...then it would be 5 star...for this price...it only gets 4 stars from me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2009 7:51 PM PDT

Fujifilm Finepix S5 Pro Digital SLR Camera with Nikon Lens Mount, Body Only Kit, 12.3 Megapixels, Interchangeable Lenses - USA
2 used & new from $565.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Was a very good low light camera, July 10, 2008
I have owned the Nikon D70, D200 and currently still have the D80, D300 and Fuji S5. If low light photography is your cup of tea...then this is a very good camera. It beats the D70, D80 and D200 (anything over ISO 800 on these cameras are pretty much useless). However, since the D300 has arrived, (not to mention the D3), it is no longer my favorite low light camera. The D300 performs better in this area. It is also faster in fps and has a much bigger and clearer LCD screen. However, the S5 images at ISO 800 and above do give a grainy film like quality, which make the photos look quite good.
Dynamic range wise...i think the S5 is still better when set to 400%. If i had rated this camera back in Oct 2007, I would give it 5 stars. Since it is 2008 July, only 4 stars.
The good: High Dynamic Range, Very good low light capabilities, well built, incorporates Nikon excellent wireless flash system, auto-iso, film like grain/noise at higher iso
The bad: slow, very very bad menu (absolutely horrible!), LCD images of photo all look blurry...low resolution LCD screen?, can only use Fujifilm batteries...so your nikon ones won't be compatible!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3