Profile for Marilyn Kefirlady > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Marilyn Kefirlady "kefirlady.com" RSS Feed (Fayette, OH United States)

Geobin Compost Bin
Geobin Compost Bin
Offered by My Green Gloves Dot Com
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Compost Bin, July 23, 2014
This review is from: Geobin Compost Bin (Lawn & Patio)
I own 8 of these and just ordered three more. I milk goats and I have plenty to compost. This holds a lot.
Over the years I bought all the compost bins out there. All the different designs. This is by far and away the best and in addition it is affordable. It is very easy to set up. Don't worry about it curling. Roll it out on the ground curl side down and let it relax. This only takes one minute. It doesn't curl any more. Put it together with the fasteners and put it where you want it to be using your own three stakes. Once it is half full, it stays up by itself and perfectly round and you can pull out the stakes. None of the other compost bins I bought hold as much or are this easy.

Superior Performance Silicone Push Broom - 208
Superior Performance Silicone Push Broom - 208
Offered by Superior Houseware
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tool I own for floors, July 23, 2014
I use it as a pull broom. Best broom I own and I will get rid of the others. I also learned how to use it as a mop. I don't need my other mops now.

Sproutamo - Easy Sprout Sprouter
Sproutamo - Easy Sprout Sprouter
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $12.75
19 used & new from $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best sprouter and I own them all, December 20, 2006
By far and away this is the best all around sprouter. I start almost all* of my seeds in this sprouter, even if they will eventually be growing straight up like wheat grass and alfalfa sprouts. Due to the drainage holes, I can use a garden nozzle to force water through the soaked seeds to give them a thorough rinsing. You cannot do this with jars. I can start 1 - 2 cup of alfalfa seeds or any seeds that will eventually grow to the green stage and let them sprout a couple days before I transfer to individual pint sprouting containers. Garbanzos or other seeds that tend to get moldy with other methods can be sprouted with success. Again this is because you can force water through for a thorough rinse.

If you only want a quart of alfalfa sprouts, you better only use a teaspoon of seeds. With practice you can remove the hulls, too, for beautiful full grown sprouts.

*Only gelatinous seeds like chia and cress and very tiny seeds like teff require a different sprouting method.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2013 8:01 PM PST

The Humanure Handbook: A Guide to Composting Human Manure, 2nd edition
The Humanure Handbook: A Guide to Composting Human Manure, 2nd edition
by Joseph Jenkins
20 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Letter to the friend who told me about the Humanure Handbook, January 7, 2002
This sawdust toilet solution has given me great peace of mind. Since we moved 9 years ago to the place we are at now I have been unhappy with the way the septic system is. We have a problem with back up at the corner drain and it is worse when it rains.
So for nine years I have tried to conserve flushing the toilet because I was so aware that I was part of the problem. Don't laugh, but I would "hold it" rather than relieve myself just avoid flushing that toilet so much. For nine years.
Now I just go. (I drink a lot of water and have to go a lot!) Today I already saved 35 gallons of water. When I told my husband how much water I saved he mentioned that our electric bill will probably go down because it takes electricity to run the pump.
I ordered a couple Humanure Handbooks from Amazon. I have to gingerly offer one to my neighbor across the pond. Because their septic backs up, it floods our property and has killed several of our trees. This plan would solve further problems. I don't know if she will go for it. Time will tell. But she does have a nice garden and compost pile already. Might be right up her alley just as it is mine.