Profile for J. Krieger > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Krieger RSS Feed (Ft Lee, NJ USA)

Tescun Q3 Mini Size MP3 Player, FM Radio and Voice/Radio Recorder (Blue)
Tescun Q3 Mini Size MP3 Player, FM Radio and Voice/Radio Recorder (Blue)
Offered by Electronnix
Price: $35.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional performance., January 31, 2015
If you're looking for exceptional aural performance, this radio deserves serious attention. Don't let its size or price fool you into thinking it's merely a great portable or pocket radio. Its sound, on both music and voice, competes--and competes favorably, I believe--with the finest table radios on the market today.

When I got my stations (classical music, jazz, and NPR) tuned in and saved, I sat back and closed my eyes to listen...and was just blown away. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The sound was rich, clean, natural and nuanced. And huge. By huge I don't mean loud, I mean wide open, voluminous, expansive. The Q3 has a presence that, when you look at its actual size, seems physically impossible.

Little wonder that most of the time these days I find myself listening to the Q3 instead of my big component system.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2015 6:47 PM PST

Kaweco AL Sport Fountain Pen Blue Stone Washed BB (Extra Bold)
Kaweco AL Sport Fountain Pen Blue Stone Washed BB (Extra Bold)
Offered by Seitz-Global
Price: $83.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect throw-it-in-your pocket pen, great to look at, fun to use., January 1, 2015
This is an excellent all-purpose any-occasion pen. The Kaweco BB steel nib I selected is silky smooth, especially on high quality paper like Clairefontaine (found in the Rhodia and Quo Vadis journals) and produces a line that is not nearly as thick as BB (double-broad) suggests, yet substantial and easily manageable, even when writing small letters. The body of the pen is stonewashed aluminum, the color of stonewashed jeans, which gives it several advantages: in appearance, it stands out from my other pens and indeed from all other pens; in use, it doesn't have to be handled carefully; in a pants pocket, even along with keys or coins, it doesn't have to be worried about getting scratched. It's a small pen, so for most people it needs to be posted, and when it's posted it's a very comfortable length. The grip section is on the thin side, but I haven't found this troublesome. I clean the feed and nib with a bulb syringe, purchased from Goulet, and use the cartridge it came with, which I fill with a syringe. I've been using Pilot Tsuki-Yo ink and Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher, two blues I enjoy and that work well with the pen. Overall it's a fun pen that is nonetheless solidly and beautifully made, and I'm glad I have it.

Aeroskin Polypropylene Swim Cap (Black, Large)
Aeroskin Polypropylene Swim Cap (Black, Large)
Price: $24.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally comfortable, minimalist and stylish, September 2, 2014
This swim cap is hemispheric, so it covers just the hair, not the ears or neck or eyebrows. I never have to readjust it as I swim. Most important, unlike the other two swim caps I own, it doesn't feel like it's cutting off the oxygen to my brain. The large fits me perfectly (no guarantee of how it will fit you). It dries faster than my other polypropylene/spandex cap, though not as fast as the all-rubber one (or like-rubber). I think it even looks quite good, which is no small accomplishment for a swim cap. As long as this one remains available, I have no reason to try any others.

Port & Company Long Sleeve Denim Shirt (SP10),Medium,Faded Blue
Port & Company Long Sleeve Denim Shirt (SP10),Medium,Faded Blue
Offered by GotApparel
Price: $15.98
21 used & new from $15.98

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, low price., May 11, 2014
This shirt looks as good as denim shirts costing considerably more. It is finished beautifully and feels comfortable. It was manufactured in Bangladesh.

Ettore 17050 All Purpose Window Cleaning Combo Kit
Ettore 17050 All Purpose Window Cleaning Combo Kit
Price: $24.47
4 used & new from $22.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Made quick work of Hurricane Sandy's grime., January 20, 2013
The soap that works with this kit(made by the same company but ordered separately),diluted in water, made quick work of the incredible grime that the hurricane darkened our windows with. The parts of the kit fit together easily and did the job perfectly. And it's all easy to store when the cleaning's done.

Rhodia Webnotebook Black 5 1/2 X 8 1/4
Rhodia Webnotebook Black 5 1/2 X 8 1/4
Offered by Art Lobby
Price: $19.09
47 used & new from $19.09

5.0 out of 5 stars A journal writer's dream., April 14, 2011
Everything about this notebook is exceptional. The cover isn't leather but feels as buttery soft; it's a pleasure just to hold it. The paper is creamy in both color and feel. It's so thick that it stands up to the wettest ink, and so smooth that it makes even inexpensive fountain pens glide luxuriously. My pens and inks have never found a more welcoming medium. The dimensions of the page and its ample line spacing allow for roughly 250 words, which is equivalent to a typed page--even though the book is considerably smaller than standard typing paper. It's larger than a notebook you'd carry in your pocket, large enough to rest comfortably on your lap as you write, yet compact enough to be carried in a woman's handbag. And after you fill your Rhodia notebook with writing, it looks elegant on your bookshelf. I can imagine a different notebook but not a better one.

PUR CR-6000C 7CUP PITCHER LED W/ LED INDICATOR & 1 FILTER
PUR CR-6000C 7CUP PITCHER LED W/ LED INDICATOR & 1 FILTER
Price: $16.97
52 used & new from $11.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Great taste, more filling., October 25, 2007
The 2-stage filter produces water that tastes so good, I've stopped drinking bottled water (at home, anyway). As a result I find myself filling the pitcher several times a day, much more often than I filled my Brita pitcher.

The functional design of the pitcher, however, could easily be better. Its pour spout is open to the air, while Brita's is covered, leaving the water exposed to dust, as well as to odors in the fridge. It's the equivalent of leaving a bottle of water uncapped all day or longer.

In addition, removing the top in order to add water requires more effort than it should; whoever designed it doesn't seem to have considered that the top must be separated from the filtration chamber. (For that purpose I've developed a technique where I pull the chamber up with my left hand while my right thumb releases the top from it.)

The LED light on top of the lid is activated by pouring, simply by the tilt of the pitcher. It's supposed to measure the amount of water you pour so you know when to get a new filter. If you pour one glass at a time, this will probably give you an accurate measurement. However, if you pour fractions of a glass, or potfulls, or if you tilt the lid when you remove it, it becomes a not very useful gimmick.

Despite the issues with the pitcher, which I hope someone at PUR takes seriously, the quality of the water makes this a product I'd recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2013 6:48 PM PDT