Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for Brian Pitts > Reviews

Browse

Brian Pitts' Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brian Pitts RSS Feed

Planning, Program Development And Evaluation
Planning, Program Development And Evaluation
by Thomas C. Timmreck
62 used & new from $8.15

3.0 out of 5 stars Left me uninspired and tired, October 28, 2015
A difficult read that could benefit from better organization and less redundancy. My preference is to read primers that inspire further study while lowering the barriers to learning. I needed to work a bit harder to understand this author's ideas.

Car Mount, EnergyPal G20K Car AiR Vent Smartphone Holder (G20K)
Car Mount, EnergyPal G20K Car AiR Vent Smartphone Holder (G20K)
Offered by TheONE-store
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $6.70

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke my vent., August 31, 2015
Broke my AC vent. Returned item. Repair cost $300. I used as directed. You are warned.

Research and Evaluation in Education and Psychology: Integrating Diversity With Quantitative, Qualitative, and Mixed Methods
by Donna M. Mertens
Price: $65.68
62 used & new from $45.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty typical graduate level book - written in a verbose ..., October 18, 2014
Pretty typical graduate level book - written in a verbose manner with an emphasis in simply delivery content (as opposed to helping the learner synthesize and apply concepts). I would agree that it takes a lot time (mostly wasted) to get through the material. Plan on working hard to find meaning in the content. (BTW, there's nothing wrong with working hard in graduate school. However, if you are working a full time job and going to graduate school you might you might want to choose a book that goes beyond inefficient content delivery).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2016 11:10 AM PDT

TaoTronics Elune TT-DL01 Dimmable LED Desk Lamp 5-Level Dimmer, Touch-Sensitive Control Panel, 1-Hour Auto Timer, 5V/1A USB Charging Port - Piano Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $79.99
3 used & new from $27.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, disappointed., October 7, 2014
I found the unit to be flimsy and cheap. The light would go on and off intermittently as the electrical connector on the back of the light was wiggled. The actual light when it worked produced a nice brightness. Returned the unit quickly.

Update (1/26/15):
It seems as though I received a bad unit. Based on other reviews and the overall brightness of the unit, I'm going to try again. I also appreciate the company's attention to their customers and making things right. If the results are different the second time around, I'll provide an update.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2014 11:27 PM PDT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Still evaluating, June 16, 2013
Definitely curbs appetite. Rebound appetite is a possibility though. Still evaluating as an alternative to products with significant side effects.

Goal Zero 19006 Guide 10 Adventure Kit with 4 Goal Zero AA Batteries
Goal Zero 19006 Guide 10 Adventure Kit with 4 Goal Zero AA Batteries

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not work with iPhone 4S, April 17, 2012
I purchased the goalZero and was excited to use it on an upcoming trip, except it doesn't charge the iPhone 4S. Yes, it works with the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch, but not the latest iPhone 4S. So I thought, what did I miss? Going on the website and reading the info on the packaging its says "works with iPhone". Going on the the goalZero website there is a brief FAQ that says: "Yes, the Guide 10 and Nomad 7 work with iPhones, although we've found that new generations of iPhone 4's can be fairly unruly....". Unruly? Huh? Not helpful at all - now you tell me.

Additionally, the packaging the unit came in says a AAA battery adapter is included but there was none in the box. Then if you go to the website, it says you need to buy the AAA rechargeable separately which come with an adapter.

What a great idea but major disappointment. The site should say: "Is not compatible with the latest iPhone, iPhone 4S" I'm now trying to return to Amazon.

UPDATE:
Called customer service and explained my situation. Basically they said I need the GoalZero 10 PLUS. They could sell me one for $159. I said what am I supposed to do with the other one and they said ...uh, uh. Very poor customer service. I was hoping for this: "Wow, I'm sorry about that sir. I know it is confusing because we don't make it clear on our website that you'd need the GoalZero 10 PLUS for your iPhone 4S. That's our bad and we're fixing it. For all your hassle, just send us the unit and we'll ship you the right one today overnight. Happy customers are our priority!" ooopss that's Zappos! GoalZero - read the customer reviews about customer service. Make a change today.

Goal Zero 19010 Guide 10 Plus Black/Silver Small Adventure Kit
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2012 10:11 PM PDT

Reliance Products Aqua-Tainer 7 Gallon Rigid Water Container
Reliance Products Aqua-Tainer 7 Gallon Rigid Water Container
Offered by Foundry35
Price: $22.24
38 used & new from $15.06

3.0 out of 5 stars Might leak in certain orientations, April 10, 2012
I purchased four of these containers, filled them with water, and stored them with the large white cap in the lowest position. Three of the four leaked immediately. Gaskets were present in all the white caps. The leaking appears to be coming from the center connector where the spigot resides.

Solution? Store the containers so that the caps are on the top (as shown in the photo). Using them primarily as emergency storage containers, I really don't need the spigots.

Too bad there spigots leak when exposed to 7 gallons of water pressure.

Ordering Disorder: Grid Principles for Web Design (Voices That Matter)
Ordering Disorder: Grid Principles for Web Design (Voices That Matter)
by Khoi Vinh
39 used & new from $8.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book that needs a demo website, July 10, 2011
This is a great book that takes you through the design process to construct a fictional website, Designery.us. Unfortunately, you can't go to this site to see how the layout works; a feature that would definitely help the learner. Additionally, I could not find references to sites like [...] where you can overlay a grid system to test your layouts or the 960 Grid System Site (960.gs) to generate CSS. Although not the focus of this book, it would be nice to actually see the code used to construct this site. HTML5 and CSS are sorely missing from this book.

Overall it is a good overview that I enjoyed reading and learned from.