Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for P. Killion > Reviews

Browse

P. Killion's Profile

Customer Reviews: 210
Helpful Votes: 2028

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. Killion RSS Feed (Sacramento, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
NET-DYN 300M USB WiFi Adapter N-2 dBi Antenna-300Mbps-Wireless Internet Dongle for PC Plus Mac
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid for a N Wifi Adapter, December 27, 2015
Very solid N Wifi adapter. While this device isn't capable of AC Wifi, wireless N has become the new "G" and is very commonplace, and provides at this point and time plenty fast enough speeds for the vast majority of users, including those needing to stream HD/4k or just utilize normal internet functions. AC can provide a faster/better connection, but N really had a lot of major breakthroughs necessary for what is commonplace today and still has plenty fast speeds that unless you're actually on gigabit fiber internet and need to utilize all that bandwidth.

For comparisons, I used this in the exact same PC/location as a Rosewill RNX-N180UBE, which is not only bigger (still not huge either), it has a much, much bigger antenna, so I figured the Rosewill would have kicked the butt of this Net-Dyn adapter. Surprisingly, that was not the case, and the Net-Dyn came out the clear winner. I had moved my wireless adapter to be more central in our house, so connectivity wasn't an issue with either adapter, but when I connected to speedtest using the same server and triple-checking (giving 5 minutes between tests because Comcast does boosting with speedtests it seems), the Net-Dyn came out a solid 10Mbps ahead (28Mbps vs 38Mbps average).

Now, ideally a test should be over the same network and device and I can't control the server I connected to, but I think averaging out the scores should be good enough to infer that this is a more capable device than the Rosewill.

Installation was simple, I did not utilize whatever driver came with the device, I went straight to the Net-Dyn website and downloaded the latest driver. Installation was automatic after extracting from a RAR (you can use WinRAR or 7zip to extract) and running the installation file.

All in all, I recommend the device, it is a solid product for a small size.

*I received this item at a discount in exchange for an honest review.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2016 1:03 PM PST

A20 Fiber Microfiber + Multi Towel, Blue Set
A20 Fiber Microfiber + Multi Towel, Blue Set
Offered by AddOne Prime
Price: $9.75
6 used & new from $5.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, December 25, 2015
I'm not certain what to say about this product. Its nicely stitched along the edge, feels of nice thickness, but the material itself isn't anything special. It doesn't feel like it will fall apart or anything, but it feels like a really cheap knock-off of a decent microfiber material It doesn't soak up as well as Meguiar's Microfiber towel, its not quite soft enough to use for wiping a camera lens or anything, so I'm not certain where I would recommend its useage over alternatives. It is of decent weight/thickness, might be decent for laying on the ground or something, although not big enough for a couple either. If you're looking for a towel, there are better more comfortable towels, and if you're looking to dry a car, you'd be better off going with Meguiar's. For any other uses, this might fit the bill, it is of generous size and thickness and comes with a nice carrying case.

I received this item at a discount in exchange for an honest review.

NEW! Hi-tech Vitamin C Serum - Strong, but Gentle - Made Possible with the Most Advanced Vitamin C Derivative - "Low pH Level" Is Not the Case Anymore..!
Offered by Dermum
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, seemingly effective Vitamin C, December 20, 2015
As per my usual review style, this is a somewhat lengthy review, and I don't expect everyone to read all this, merely giving it in case it helps others. What I will say, keeping things short and sweet, we enjoy the product, it seems to have in a host time very very very minor effects for my micro adult acne, we like the short ingredient list and lack of perfuming/coloring agents, I wouldn't expect miracles with a product like this but it is a solid item to include in a health/beauty regimen for long-term skin health. The rest of the review will go over our personal experiences and some of the more technical aspects, if you're a skeptic like myself when it comes to anything in the health/beauty market.

TL;DR: Simple product, Vitamin C works well for long-term skin care, I don't know about this specific formula's effectiveness but it seems to be well formulated.

I received this item at a discount for an honest and unbiased review, but this is definitely one of those products I will consider purchasing again. I like to approach these sort of products with a healthy level of skepticism, I don't like recommending something that only works on placebo theory. My wife and I have two wholly different approaches to our facial skin care, and we both used this product for evaluation purposes to best see its effects. I have also done research into scholarly articles on the subject, and will present some of my findings within this review. I want others to know exactly what they're getting when they're putting their hard earned dollars down, many have helped me out and I hope I can help out others.

Now, we don't have wrinkles so we cannot attest to its effectiveness on wrinkles, but really one should realize that its better to prevent wrinkles than treat them after the fact, I would strongly urge people to consider that existing wrinkles are difficult to permanently remove short of surgery or injections, but you certainly can lessen them and prevent any further damage from occurring. This is that type of product, Vit C is used on the dermis for precisely this reason, and don't take my word for it, feel free to look at scholarly research, NCBI has a good public publication titled "Vitamin C in dermatology" by Pumori Saokar Telang. Vit C can help to prevent long-term damage from UV exposure, UV being the primary culprit in aging (it is literally a type of radiation that damages cells right down to the DNA), this means products such as this Hi-Tech Vitamin C Serum can help with: lessening and preventing wrinkles, lessen and prevent uneven melanin (skin blotches/uneven skin coloring), and can even help (emphasis on "help", not necessarily cure) minor forms of acne and rosacea, this is done by its anti-inflamatory effects. I have very minor acne on my forehead, usually having about a dozen or so very very small zits just below my hairline, and this product seems to have helped lessen it and made my forehead feel a little more smooth, akin to putting lotion on my face minus the greasy feeling.

Now, we can see Vitamin C is effective for skin care, the only hitch is how its formulated. I don't know enough about this product to state for certain this is the correct formulation to maximize getting Vitamin C to the skin without it degrading, so that's really the only question that I cannot answer, and will leave up to someone else to hopefully shed some light on.

All in all, I recommend Vitamin C for long-term care, and this seems like a fine product to use.

Savane Men's Big & Tall Wrinkle Free Flat Front Twill Pant, Khaki, 44W 30L
Savane Men's Big & Tall Wrinkle Free Flat Front Twill Pant, Khaki, 44W 30L
Price: $36.99
6 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cotton Pants, December 15, 2015
Nice thick solid material, however these are moreso chinos/khakis than slacks, meaning they're 100% cotton and don't have polyester or other man-made fabrics that most slacks have (which I prefer). I've tried khakis in the past, having purchased the Dockers brand, and those were pretty bad, at least the ones I purchased; they disintegrated within a few washes (which is why I prefer the man-made fibers, they seem to last forever if you wash on cold cycles). These however have a very, very thick fabric which seems to hold up much better over time, I've worn them about a dozen times and zero signs of wear and tear on them so far. They don't breathe quite as much as my slacks, but this can be a good or bad thing; wearing them now in the winter, its definitely a good thing. I'm a stickler for stitching, and these seem to have pretty solid stitching (I worked retail, I do the "rip test" on all my clothes I buy, if they can't handle a strong tugging at the seems they won't last long anyways). They hold a crease fairly well but definitely need to be ironed to maintain, otherwise you'll get about 5 wears before the crease becomes completely non-existent.

I personally love the expanding waists, it makes it a lot easier to buy online and a lot easier to deal with "reality" (in that waist size isn't always the exact same, nothing worse than stuffing yourself into pants that are 1/2 size too small). The only downside is looping your belt can be more difficult with these expanding waist pants, but that's a minor inconvenience.

I'd recommend them so far.

Mediasonic Homeworx HW110AN Super Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna - 25 Miles Range
Mediasonic Homeworx HW110AN Super Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna - 25 Miles Range
Price: $6.88
44 used & new from $3.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, less than 25mi range, December 10, 2015
Using a TV antenna app on my android phone, I could see I have a few stations within 25mi, most around 17-18mi away from me, yet this antenna picked up exactly zero of them. Another antenna (powered, but older) was at least able to pick up a couple stations. So probably ok if you live in a very urban area just a few miles from broadcasting stations, but for me this thing didn't do anything. Still, at least it was very, very cheap.

Vantec 5-Port USB 2.0 PCI Host Card
Vantec 5-Port USB 2.0 PCI Host Card
Price: $7.99
13 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, plug-n-play on Win7, December 4, 2015
Works, was plug-and-play on my Windows 7 machine, no drivers needed to install. I found out I already had a USB PCI card when going through my stockpile of old equipment (doh!) but this was cheap and works consistently, absolutely zero issues in the several weeks it's been installed (I have my M/K plugged into it and zero issues).

LexMod Emily Fabric Headboard, Full, Gray
LexMod Emily Fabric Headboard, Full, Gray
Price: $88.15
12 used & new from $85.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headboard for the price, November 11, 2015
We recently received our grey headboard for our guest bedroom, and like the other reviewers were pleasantly surprised at how nice it looks. We paid under $100 and definitely got our money's worth, it's exactly as a headboard should be, and takes all of 1 minute to assemble since you just attach the legs to the board. I had a slight issue with attaching the legs to the frane, the included bolts were like a mm too big for the slots, but using a drill I was able to push it through anyways. It's a little wobbly attached to the frame, but I dont see how it'd be different than most any other headboard attached to the metal frame. I would actually recommend if possible just bypassing the frame and attaching it to the wall, just need to get the screws to do as such, I will be doing that at a later date but for now, it works fine.

It is cushioned, but could stand to be slightly more cushioned but is still more comfortable than having your head hit the drywall. The grey is more of a true light grey, the pics they posted have a greenish tint but the piece itself does not have a blue or green tint.

Overall, this piece was about the same price as doing it DIY, but saved the hassle, and looks professionally made.

NAR LABS PURE INSTANT WHEY PROTEIN 5 Pounds (Strawberry)
NAR LABS PURE INSTANT WHEY PROTEIN 5 Pounds (Strawberry)
Offered by NUTRITION OUTLET
Price: $49.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, mixes well, taste is OK, November 9, 2015
Don't know why that one review is so anti-flavored protein, but yes, this has other ingredients in it, as many protein drinks do. It doesn't hide the ingredient list, its right in the product description, and the list is pretty short (and some of them can be very, very long). Also, the "serving size' is suggestion only, and you can get far more than 28 servings out of this. I usually use a single scoop (24g protein), so that's 72 servings for around $50 (I got it on sale, so the price varies).

It mixes well, the strawberry is alright, artificial tasting, but not too bad if you pair it with milk. Since I don't use a fridge at work, I put about 4oz milk in my blender bottle along with several ice cubes, they melt and bump up the liquid to around 8oz for a serving by the time I have it after my afternoon workout.

Overall, its protein, if it fits your budget and/or is a good price, there's no reason to not consider this brand.

Natural Beard Oil - 1 oz. for Healthy Beard Growth and Facial Skin with Jojoba, Abyssinian, Vitamin E, and More - Contains 10 Therapeutic Oils to Nourish, Cleanse and Condition Facial Hair - Great for Skin and Beard Alike - 100% Money-back Guarantee By Maple Holistics
Offered by Maple Holistics
Price: $30.00
2 used & new from $9.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mix of natural oils, November 9, 2015
Its expensive, even overpriced for the amount, but its a good mix of natural oils, so I can't fault the product in the least. You could of course just use Olive Oil and have similar effects for a cheaper price, but you'd have to do a bit of legwork or have a rich stock of oils to duplicate this formula.

You can use this anywhere, doesn't have to be for a beard since again, its just a bunch of vegetable oils. If you suffer from dry skin or hair, you can use this after taking a shower since your natural oils will have been stripped by soaps and warm water. Or you can use lotion, which is likely even cheaper but not as "natural". Keep in mind even as a "natural" product, people can still have reactions to it, but its a good option to try since natural sources of oil tend to be less problematic than certain chemicals used in lotions and creams (also note that oils can clog pores if you're already naturally oily, I wouldn't use oils, but this is for dry-skin sufferers to try).

Mudder E27 5W LED Grow Light P20 45Mil for Flowering Plant, Hydroponics System and Vegetables, Energy Saving Spotlight Downlight for Garden, Patio
Offered by MudderOnline
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, low power and spread so plan accordingly, November 6, 2015
Overall, this light has great spectrum, it absolutely works for plant growth, but this is a VERY focused beam. Light intensity decreases exponentially the further away it gets, so you really don't want this more than 3 inches from your plant, which leaves around a 3 inch spread. For many plants, this means it basically will get at most two leaves in a canopy, and you'll get very upright growth with no spread depending upon the plant.

This bulb is ideal for a sprouting, cutting, or very small and/or immature plant, but if you're looking to grow or over-winter most plants, you'll need something with far more power and spread.

The light is still working great almost a year later, however, when you unscrew it from the light fixture, the top of the bulb comes unscrewed on mine at least. So, rather cheap materials, but hey, it's still functional and works great for bringing a cutting to a teenager when used alongside foil. I do DWC, and also take my own cuttings, so I use this as an intermediate when my adult plants are still flowering, and my cuttings are getting a little antsy to get out of their dome, I pop them in a bucket with basket lid, have a clamp light with this LED ove the plant and surround the plant with that reflective bubble wrap insulation, works very nicely.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20