Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for P. Killion > Reviews

Browse

P. Killion's Profile

Customer Reviews: 206
Helpful Votes: 2023

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. Killion RSS Feed (Sacramento, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
CAP Barbell Nylon Weight Lifting Belt (Large, 4 -Inch)
CAP Barbell Nylon Weight Lifting Belt (Large, 4 -Inch)
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price but Amazon keeps sending the wrong sizes, May 28, 2016
The belt is of decent-enough quality for this price-point. If you're serious about lifting heavy this will not cut it, but its not a bad product for accessory work or for work/house chores (which is when my back really needs the support, never hurt it in the gym, but always at home doing some project).

However, I have a major issue with ordering this product from Amazon. 3 times I've ordered a LARGE, 3 times I've received a size other than a large. First two times I received an XL, then I get a Medium for my 3rd purchase. I've placed a 4th order for a Large, hopefully this time I'll actually get it, if not I'm just done with ordering this product, very frustrating. And yes, every single time its been placed with Amazon, not a 3rd party, so for some reason there's some mixup with the product page and their inventory or something, I went back and looked and it had randomly changed my 3rd order to a medium after placing it, so yeah, something screwy is going on (and someone else had commented on this as well so its not just me).

Panasonic AG-DVX200 4K Handheld Camcorder
Panasonic AG-DVX200 4K Handheld Camcorder
Offered by SSE Photo & Video
Price: $3,979.95
11 used & new from $3,960.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera for the price, annoyances arise but power where it counts, May 27, 2016
There are definite pros and cons to this camera, and really you need to think about what you're using it for, how often, and how much patience you have in regard to all the benefits with respect to the cost. I won't go too in-depth with specifics as there are far too many actual professional review out there, I recommend checking them out, particularly some of the video YouTube reviews so you can get a better perspective.

This is my new work camera, replacing the AG-HMC80, because the HMC80 was a lot cheaper of a camera than I had ever wanted in the first place, and this time around I just had to keep it under $5k for my procurement purchase. I had used the HVX200 years ago and thought this would be right up my alley, and its growing on me, but there are some extra annoyances compared to what I remember of the HVX200.

Obviously the biggest annoyance is common with most prosumer cameras these days: 3/4 of the options/adjustments are buried in user menus. You do have user button options but I've never liked them as much as dedicated buttons personally, too easy to forget which button does what, there's not really room for labels. The focus is honestly one of the slowest focuses I've seen on the cameras I've used, close-up shots it occasionally has to hunt for the right focus, which can be a little annoying. The body itself is rather heavy, and I don't care much for the fan (yes, there's a fan, and yes, it can occasionally be a little loud, at least for a camera since I've never had a camera with a fan on it, most of the time its rather quiet though). The servo is also a little bit noisy but nothing that should ruin a shot. And this is a personal preference, but I don't care for the primary scroll wheel (which is used for pretty much everything), too easy to accidentally scroll one extra when trying to depress it as a button, and the touch screen isn't very responsive. Most of the things "wrong" are nit-picks, personal preferences, and minor annoyances, but still, they can add up, I'd definitely see about borrowing, renting, or somehow trying it out before purchasing.

All that being said, there are some insanely-high positives to note. There are the bulk of controls, settings, and options that one would want on a prosumer camera; I mostly utilize the camera for recording meetings so I rarely get to test out all the fun features like v-log (yes I could use it, by why waste time?). I really like the doors covering the audio settings, very slick looking and functional, as they limit accidental bumps and the lik while also still allowing you to see thanks to the windows. The screen is really nice, actually one of the best I've ever seen on a camera in this price category, and the fact that it folds up the way it does is pretty spiffy looking (hopefully it won't break, my only concern with it). Battery compartment being enclosed and spring-ejected is pretty nifty. Output and recording options are all pretty solid, I'm still sticking with the 1080p but hope to make the 4k leap in the near future. Speaking of 1080p, its pretty good in recording quality and thanks to it accepting SDXC high capacity cards, I can stick a 128gb card in there and get 11hours of recording at the highest setting, much better than the 32gb card I was limited to with the HMC80 (where I could only get around 3 hours per card). Love that this has dual-cards, you can either have them set to duplicate or roll-over the recording to the next card, this can be a life-saver with live events (well, less-so now that I have so much recording time on each card, but when I switch to 4k I'm sure it can be an issue).

They really took their time in designing the layout of the camera. Yes, personal preference will depend upon the individual, but they really did some smart things just with the camera shell layout alone. The only real downside is the fat base of the camera, you will definitely need a tripod with a larger head to lock it down, I'm using the Manfrotto 504HD with good results.

All in all, I'd definitely recommend the camera at its price-point, but really take a look and compare to some of the Sony's, if I could have spent more I would have gone over to the Sony line (the other camera crew I work with just recieved their FS7's, which I would have preferred as well, but of course the cost is a lot higher.

Matcha Green Tea Powder - USDA Premium Japanese Organic - Culinary Grade 113 grams (4 oz) - Fat Burner, Natural Boost - Gluten Free and Vegan - Cooking, Baking, Latte, Smoothie - Green SuperFood
Offered by Shopper Online
Price: $20.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent certified organic matcha powder, May 23, 2016
This is pretty awesome, high-quality product. Certified USDA organic, although this is my first foray into matcha, I'm pretty impressed and this definitely seems to be very high quality and I certainly am enjoying it. My usual matcha concoction is this: heat a small amount of water, like 4oz, on 1 minute in the microwave, doesn't need to be boiling. Add the matcha to it and some truvia (or sugar if you aren't on keto) for sweetness (this will be bitter without any sweetener), add some heavy-whipping cream (3oz or so), then use a frothing stick to mix and froth it a little bit. Then add a teaspoon of MCT oil. Simple, good, and effective. You do NOT need to use a lot of this, this is ground up and added directly so its pretty concentrated, when I make my tea I usually use about half a teaspoon.

I will definitely be ordering this again, but this bag, while pretty small, will last for some-time, since it doesn't take a lot of matcha for a drink. For those wondering why this over normal tea, well I find it to be far better tasting, but matcha also has younger (green tea) leaves which are far more potent for health benefits, and matcha also undergoes minimal processing so all those antioxidants and the like are still intact. Very impressed with the product, and I'm not all that easily impressed especially with a food product (gadgets, sure).

I received this product at a discount in exchange for an honest and unbiased review, which I have no problems with standing by, feel free to check out my review history, I'll tell it like it is, I get zero kick-backs for a positive review.

Alpine Swiss Alligator Ostrich Print Chillon Mens Slip on Loafers Brown 13
Alpine Swiss Alligator Ostrich Print Chillon Mens Slip on Loafers Brown 13
Offered by Alpine Swiss Store
Price: $29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Reviews are no joke, insanely small sizing, decent quality otherwise., May 15, 2016
Wow the reviews are no joke, this is clearly an overseas sizing issue going on. I usually wear an 11, a 10.5 in many different styles actually but commonly an 11. I saw the reviews stating these run really small, ordered a 13, and they are still waaaay too small. A 14 might have worked but they didn't offer such a thing when I ordered; the 13s would probably be around a 9.5 in most other manufacturer's sizing, I could barely even get them on my foot (had to use the included shoe horn just to do that).

Otherwise, I mean the shoes are obviously cheap but certainly good enough for a sub-$30 shoe, would probably last just shy of a year for myself which is really all I get out of the expensive brands as well (they provide better support along the way though), but I won't get to wear these as they are being returned. If they offered a 14 I would have loved to have tried them out at the price I paid ($20, lightening deal).

Synergee Hand Gripper - The Best Hand Exerciser Grip Strengthener Adjustable Resistance Range 22 to 88 Lbs
Offered by I Heart Synergee
Price: $12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Adjustable grip strength trainer, May 15, 2016
This is a good hand grip strength trainer, but there are better out there. As another reviewer had noted, the plastic does seem a little more flexible/cheap than it really should be, but I am maxing out the gripper and so far it hasn't broken or anything so I can't dock it too much, but its not not that rock-hard rigid plastic that I've had in previous old-school grip trainers that last indefinitely. Changing the tension on this is very easy, which is great, just twist the front dial and you can see the spring move along the arm for either higher or lower tension. As for comfort, well on the one hand I'm used to gripping metal bars (barbells) so I really don't find this all that uncomfortable, but there's basically no padding.

I prefer the individualized finger grip builders personally, many are geared towards guitar players and there are some nifty options out there but obviously you pay accordingly, but for a good basic hand trainer this isn't bad at all, and I do like that its adjustable to a pretty big range (although like I said I already max it out, but I can focus on individual fingers with lower tension by just removing a few fingers from the grip).

I received this product at a discount in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

Phantom Aquatics Velocity Scuba Snorkeling Mask Snorkel Set, Black Titanium
Phantom Aquatics Velocity Scuba Snorkeling Mask Snorkel Set, Black Titanium
Offered by Prime Scuba
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality snorkel kit, May 15, 2016
This is a fantastic snorkel. No, its not a dry snorkel so you can get water into it particularly if you submerge yourself in water, you will have to clear the snorkel, but otherwise this is a great kit, feels of very good quality and should last for a lot of usage. No water seeping through, perfect fit for myself at least, snorkel clips to the mask (was a little confused how to do this at first but figured it out), overall this is a very good quality product.

I received this item at a discount in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

Hair Regrowth Conditioner-Maximum strength DHT blocker for both men and women with no side effects. Contains Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, and Red Clover extract rich in Biochanin A. Achieve healthier & fuller hair.
Offered by Beauty Facial Extreme
Price: $35.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Good conditioner, some thickening of hairline is noticeable, May 15, 2016
Its a great conditioner, but so far while I've noticed a teeny bit of thickness I haven't noticed much growth, but keep in mind I'm only using the one product not the whole set, and its only been two weeks. I don't think this is necessarily the miracle bullet, but I think even just by thickening the hair you can see pretty decent results and might be a great solution for those in a similar situation to myself, not quite balding but with a noticeably thinning hairline.

BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder - Strawberry Milkshake, 5.0 lb (48 Servings)
BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder - Strawberry Milkshake, 5.0 lb (48 Servings)
Price: $39.99
43 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very solid blend, good for driving strength and mass gains, May 3, 2016
This is a great blend for actual muscle gain; yes, the ingredient list is longer than a typical blend, and there are one or two ingredients it could stand to do without, but the overall mix of different proteins, plus the extra fat and carbs (plus fiber) all make this an excellent post-workout mix. For those who think this is nothing but filler, its not, those "filler" ingredients are actually good ingredients, like the MCTs. And for those questioning why you'd want fats and/or carbs with your protein, well there's plenty of good reasons for that. Most people have their protein shakes post-workout, due to the ever popular myth of the "anabolic window"; now, that's mostly been disproven (unless you were already in a fasted state), but there is plenty of evidence coming to light about carbohydrates and glycogen production, plus there's the fact that insulin from carbs also helps transport protein/aminos for metabolism and muscle synthesis. And fats are necessary both as a decent energy source (MCTs are processed by the liver and more likely to be used as fuel) and for hormone production (testosterone being the key player here).

Now, if you're looking for a strict protein blend, this wouldn't be it, there are countless other proteins that are low in carbs and fat with higher protein amounts, and I use those as well for non-post-workout purposes, I recommended ON or MET-Rx Natural for a cheap but effective protein powders, but still strongly recommend this original version of Syntha-6 for post-workout, I just hope they don't phase it out in favor of their isolate version (which seem like it'd just be a normal protein powder then).

After taking this post-workout for a little over a month, I'm insanely impressed with it, and I've never been impressed by a protein shake. I've been taking it while on a keto diet, and this is perfect for it as it provides just enough carbs post-workout to get the benefits without being in carb overload and kicking me out of keto.

Hobson Easyseat II Saddle with Adjusting Width
Hobson Easyseat II Saddle with Adjusting Width
Offered by BicycleSourceUS
Price: $89.99
3 used & new from $67.04

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard as a rock and not easy to get used to, April 21, 2016
I like the concept of this, obviously that's why I purchased it, but I'm not sure if execution was ideal. First, the reason why you normall want a stiff seat is so you're not resting and putting pressure on your perineum. So, since that's the point of this seat, its not possible to put pressure on that important area of your body, why the heck is this hard as a rock? Its very uncomfortable to use, particularly as a larger individual, which would seem those who might benefit the most from this sort of design. Its also very hard to get used to, it just doesn't feel right or comfortable. I'm still a fan of the concept, but I'll have to try out some of the other seats to hopefully find one I can adjust to.

Kiscords Baby Safety Cabinet Locks for Knobs Child Safety Cabinet Latches for Home Safety Strap for Baby Proofing Cabinets Kitchen Door Rv No Drill No Screw No Adhesive / Color White/ 5 Pack Ez-twist
Offered by Kiscords Childproof Cabinet Locks
Price: $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Could use some improvements but works, April 15, 2016
So these aren't bad, but as another reviewer stated, the cord somewhat stretches and means you can still partially open the cabinet, enough for a child to get their fingers stuck. I don't think that's a huge likelihood necessarily but I could see it as a potential hazard using this type. Also, there's the fact that these aren't the most convient to open or close, as you have to screw and unscrew the little piece every time. The other type I've used which is more like a zip-tie with a button release worked a lot better as they didn't flex at all and they're easier/quicker to open and close. Still, I can see usage of these and will still use these in certain infrequently-accessed areas, and they are pretty darn affordable, just my suggestion for a future iteration would be a less flexible cord material and a button release instead of a threading stopper.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20