Profile for reg > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2012

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

reg RSS Feed (Houston)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BasicGrey Gift Card Holder Gerda
BasicGrey Gift Card Holder Gerda
Price: $8.68
2 used & new from $4.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, January 26, 2014
I like to give money as Christmas gifts and always look for a unique way to package it. This was perfect for tucking a check into for a child.

Quest Bar Vanilla Almond Crunch: Box of 12, Pack of 3
Quest Bar Vanilla Almond Crunch: Box of 12, Pack of 3
Offered by ISKOLIVE 12 INC
Price: $67.45
4 used & new from $67.45

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Quest Bars, January 26, 2014
I eat a Quest Bar every morning for breakfast. I love the 20 g of protein and the 16 - 18 g of fiber. Sugar is 1 - 2 g, depending on flavor. Vanilla Almond Crunch is one of my favorite flavors. I was eating one when my 2 year old grandson was over and he wanted some. I'd break off a small piece and give it to him. He kept coming back for more. He probably ate about 1/4 of the bar. I must say that I gave my daughter some of the ones I have and she said she did not like this one. She didn't say why, but I didn't share a box with her!

#1 Omega 3 Fish Oil Capsules - Triglyceride Omega-3 Gold, 1000mg, 180 Softgels - The GOLD Standard, IFOS 5-Star Certified Fish Oil Omega-3 Supplement In Highly Absorbable Triglyceride Form
Price: $36.47
5 used & new from $29.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by my dermatologist, January 26, 2014
This is the same brand my dermatologist sells. When I first added it to my January subscribe and save order, it was cheaper than I can get it at her office. It has since gone up in price. I will have to see who has the better price when it is time to get more.

She recommended the fish oil for my dry skin. I'm not a fan of salmon, although I do like fish. She felt the low calorie diet I have been on may be contributing to the dryness. I try to eat good fats (avocado, olive oil, and coconut oil), but I figured this might help not only the dry skin, but also heart health. I haven't had a problem with the fishy after taste, so that is good.

Premium Argan ★ 100% Organic Pure Moroccan Argan Oil, TRIPLE Extra Virgin Grade, FAST ABSORBING, Certified Organic - for Hair and Skin Care Treatment - 2oz (60ml) - Cold Pressed Oil EcoCert and USDA Approved Oil. Treat Dry Scalp, Nails, Cuticles. Excellent Daily Moisturizer. Guarantee Satisfaction. Results within Days.
Offered by Just Source
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $13.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Came when I needed it most., January 23, 2014
I received a request from Unipurity to review their Pure Moroccan Argan Oil, I had just been to my dermatologist and we had discussed my dry skin and itchy scalp. The timing was perfect. They sent me a promo code so I could purchase it on Amazon at no cost to me.

I told them that I was really wanting it for my hair and scalp. They sent me some additional directions. Before you put it in your hair, you need to wet your hair. Put the oil in the palm of your hand to warm it and then apply. I did that and it took about 3 droperfuls of the oil. My hair is short. They then said to wrap your hair in plastic or a towel and to wait about an hour to wash your hair. They said it could be left in over night, but that didn't appeal to me. I wrapped it in a towel and then did my walking on my treadmill. I then showered and used Nioxin to wash and condition my hair. When I got out of the shower, I applied more oil to my feet, legs, and arms. I really do not like greasy feeling things. I noticed that my legs and arms felt a bit greasy, but the more I thought about it, I think they are just not feeling dry and flakey and that is a new feeling for me.

My scalp is still itchy, but my hair feels very soft. I went to my hairdresser's today and asked her if she could tell a difference. She agrees that it feels softer. As she wet it to wash it, she said it does feel like I have a product in my hair, which she knows I do not do. When she used the shampoo, she said it lathered immediately. She said if there is something oily in your hair, it doesn't lather very well with the first wash, but that wasn't the cast with this.

My feet, ankles, and heels were very dry. Having applied this oil 3 times, there is a big difference. They don't feel dry and flakey any more. Hopefully, this will mean they will also not be as itchy. My hairdress did suggest that some of the scalp itching could be due to the extreme weather changes we have been having. If I find an improvement with that, I will update my review.

Unipurity also mentioned that some do not like the smell, but if you got an oil that didn't smell like this, is has been heat treated. I was not bothered by the smell. It isn't a fragrance you would want for a perfume, but it also doesn't make you recoil when you smell it.

NOCO CL3BK ChargeLight Black 250 Lumen LED Flashlight and USB Battery Pack
NOCO CL3BK ChargeLight Black 250 Lumen LED Flashlight and USB Battery Pack
Price: $28.58
4 used & new from $28.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Very attractive packaging., January 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first thing you notice about this flashlight is how nicely it is packaged. It is definitely gift quality. The device itself is very attractive, as well, as is the charger. It is not very big, but puts out quite a bit of light.

There is more than one setting for the light. 100%,, 50%, 10%, strobe, and off. You press the large button once to get 100% and if you press it again within 3 seconds, it goes to 50%. If you wait longer then 3 seconds, the light will turn off when the large button is pressed again. The brighter the light, the greater the drain on the battery. At 100% it is supposed to run 4 hours, where it will run 72 hours at 10%. Off is supposed to have a 1 year standby.

I charged the light for about 3 hours after I opened it. There was a partial charge on it, so I could try out the light. I decided to see how it would charge my Kindle Fire HD. It's battery was down about 1/3. I plugged it in and pressed the small button. The green light came on. After about 30 minutes, the green light had turned to red. This is supposed to mean that the light is discharged, but is able to provide power. I unplugged it so I could see how charged the Fire was. IIt was more charged than when I started, but not completely.

There is a lock feature that some may find useful. It doesn't take much pressure on the large button to turn the light on, so this could come in handy depending on how you transport it. You press both the large and the small buttons at the same time for 3 seconds. You do the same thing to unlock it.

This appears to be a quality product, for the short time I have had it. I do plan to have it fully charged if a hurricane is predicted in the area. It may not make it through a week long power outage like we had after IKE, but maybe I can get at least one good charge on my cell phone.

Summer Infant Baby Zoom Wi-Fi Video Monitor and Internet Viewing System
Summer Infant Baby Zoom Wi-Fi Video Monitor and Internet Viewing System
Price: $219.88
22 used & new from $182.07

5.0 out of 5 stars More features than ever., January 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My how baby monitors have changed! I remember where having on that just allowed you to listen in was considered innovative. Adding video was great. I remember wishing there was an intercom on it so you could tell your child to "get back in bed!" With twins, having the ability to pan and zoom became necessary. This Summer Baby Zoom monitor does everything I can imagine a monitor doing. The addition of WiFi so you can use a phone or tablet is a great new feature.

The box contains the camera and the handheld unit and the plugs needed for each. It also includes the hardware to wall mount the camera, as well as 6 clips so the baby can't access the cord. An additional camera can be added and the handheld unit is capable of split screen viewing. Summer Baby Link Wi-Fi Internet Viewing Camera

There are challenges in getting everything set up. The instructions are pretty clear and there is an 800 number if you need additional help. I like the ability to use the camera with your phone or tablet. You can also remotely access the features like pan and zoom from these devices. You have the ability to block access from any device outside your home, even if you have given permission. You can protect you privacy as much as you desire.

Pure Protein High Protein Bar, S'mores, 6 Bars, 1.76 Ounces (Pack of 2)
Pure Protein High Protein Bar, S'mores, 6 Bars, 1.76 Ounces (Pack of 2)
Price: $17.49
3 used & new from $17.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Nutrition on product page is different from nutrition on the package., January 16, 2014
I read nutrition labels and I appreciate it when a product lets you read the label on the product page before you purchase. I read this one and then read it again when I got the box of bars. They were not the same.

Product Page / Box

total carbs 20 / 19
sugar 2 / 3
sugar alcohol 12 / 11
protein 19 / 19

I don't know the reason for the differences, but I think I would trust the one on the box to be more up to date. After trying one, I think I prefer Quest Protein bars. For a similar calorie amount (varies according to flavor), there is 20 g of protein and 17 g of fiber where this has no fiber. The higher protein and fiber keeps me full longer.

TOMY Gearation Refrigerator Magnets Building Toy
TOMY Gearation Refrigerator Magnets Building Toy
Price: $18.00
13 used & new from $17.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the grandkids, January 16, 2014
I got this and put it on my refrigerator for my grandkids to play with. The oldest is 6 1/2 and the youngest to play with it are 2 1/2. They seem to be drawn to it and have been having fun. My only complaint is that it is pretty noisy. they have a tendency to walk past it, stop to turn it on and play with it a minute, then they walk off without turning it off and it clacks on and on. Wish it turned off when it hasn't been touched for a few minutes. Guess we just need to work harder at getting them to turn it off before walking away!

La Crosse Technology 306-605 Solar Window Outdoor Thermometer with Nighttime illumination and MIN/MAX records with Auto-reset
Price: $23.22
39 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting used to the new version, January 16, 2014
I had another La Crosse thermometer ( La Crosse Technology WS 1025 Thermometer for almost 3 years before it quit working . I tried replacing the battery, but I think the 3 years baking in a west facing window in the Texas sun, as well as the dirt and dust was too much for it. I had intended to purchase another just like it, but I noticed this solar one. It cost a bit more, but I thought it worth a try.

I was hoping it would use the bracket from the old one, but that wasn't to be. The set up instructions began with having you open the battery compartment and inserting the rechargeable batteries. They were already in there, so I went to the next step - i put it outside in the sun for a few hours to charge. When I checked it again, it was not working. I decided to remove the batteries and be sure they were inserted correctly. It was then that I noticed a clear plastic piece in the middle between the two batteries that prevented them from making contact. Removed it and it worked! I was able to do the rest pf the set up with no problem.

The first thermometer had the high temperature at the top and the low at the bottom. This one puts both at the bottom and the time at the top. I am having to remind myself that it is 5:53 PM and not that the high was 55.3 degrees! Habits are hard to break. I think I will like having the time displayed. I also like the backlight, which the old one did not have. There are two modes for the backlight. On one, it comes on at dark and goes off at dawn. In the other mode, it comes on at dark, but only between 5 PM and 9 PM. I like options. One lesson I learned with the first thermometer, is that if it is placed in a west facing, full-sun window, the high will not be accurate. Can't tell you how many times we had a high of 117 or more! My primary reason for getting a thermometer in the first place and putting it in this location, was to watch for freezing temperatures. My sink's pipes are just under this window and it is the north west corner of my house. The pipes freeze when the temperatures go really low. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often here. Just had the first hard freeze in 3 years last week. I like knowing when the temperatures go above freezing and I can close the cabinet doors and stop dripping the faucet. The low seems to be much more accurate thsn the high in this location.

Skip Hop Giraffe Safari Mirror Puppet Toy, Crocodile
Skip Hop Giraffe Safari Mirror Puppet Toy, Crocodile
Price: $10.00
2 used & new from $10.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Silly crocodile, January 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The puppet itself seems well made and looks like it will hold up to lots of play. A tag does say it is machine washable, which is good. The mirror in the mouth is of poor quality. I realize it has to be unbreakable, but as a result, it looks like a fun house mirror. It says, "Open wide to see who's inside." There is no way to identify what you are seeing in that mirror.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2014 9:34 AM PST