Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation
Profile for reg > Reviews

Browse

reg's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1091

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

reg RSS Feed (Houston)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hamilton Beach Spiralizer, 2 Speed Motorized Vegetable Slicer (59998)
Hamilton Beach Spiralizer, 2 Speed Motorized Vegetable Slicer (59998)
Price: $39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite., May 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I spiralize a lot, mostly zucchini and sweet potato. I have a Padermo, an OXO, and a hand held one to compare this one to. I thought I would like this one best since it has the motor to assist, but I don't. I don't like that you want the piece to spiralize to be about 2 1/2" and then about 3/8" is unprocessed. They suggest using those pieces to snack on or to add to other recipes. With my other spiralizers, there is that piece at the end, but you don't have to cut it into 2 1/2" pieces, so you don't have as many of the unprocessed pieces. They also want the food to be at least 1" wide, which will prevent spiralizing most carrots, as well as other foods.I found it challenging to line up all of the pieces so they would lock into place. It worked pretty well the first time, but then I changed blades and couldn't seem to get everything lined up. Cleanup wasn't too bad. They recommend using a food-safe brush to remove any seeds from the blade. It would be nice if they had provided one. I did take pictures of a yellow squash I used the 2 blades on. I don't think this will be one I reach for very often. I like the ones that don't have a motor better.
Comment Comment | Permalink

KitchenAid KKFTR16SL 16 Piece Classic Forged Series Triple Rivet Cutlery Set, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality KitchenAid is known to produce., May 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have had many KitchenAid products over the years. They make a nice quality mid-range kitchen product. They serve the basic home kitchen well for many years. This knife set is no exception. The block is substantial, which it needs to be to hold all of the knives, the scissors, and the sharpener. It's really nice having the sharpener built in to the knife block. It keeps it handy and easy to use. The knives are supposed to hold up to being washed in a dishwasher, something not usually recommended for knives. The instructions do say that hand washing is preferred. I think they stay sharp longer when they are hand washed and the handles look better, too. I expect that this set will be in use many years from now, as the other KitchenAid products I own are.

Colored Pencils FUNLAVIE Coloring Pencils Art Color Pencils Adult Drawing Pencils for Secret Garden Coloring Book Art Supplies with Roll up Canvas Pencil Pouch, 24-Color
Offered by Fun Lavie
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to use., May 20, 2016
I was offered a set in exchange for a review. I don't accept every offer made to me. I want to be sure it is something I can actually use and have some experience using. I am a casual user of colored pencils. These are nice. Some I have tried write so lightly that you have to press so hard to get them to color that the fun of coloring is lost. These are more like the ones I remember as a child. The case is a nice way to store them, but they do come in a box. I also like that the end cap os the color of the pencil, so you can see the color from both ends. These do make coloring fun again.

Formeu Women's Solid Cotton Everyday Low Cut No Show Ankle Casual Socks 6-Pack
Formeu Women's Solid Cotton Everyday Low Cut No Show Ankle Casual Socks 6-Pack
Offered by Formeu
Price: $25.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice socks., May 20, 2016
I was offered a set of these socks in exchange for a review. I am selective about the offers I accept. I take only the ones I know I can use and have some experience with the product. I like these socks. They are a nice weight and fit well. They are packaged in a box, which I don't see very often. There are no tags that need to be clipped! This is a plus in my book. I received 4 pairs of black and 2 pairs of white. I did not receive any gray. That's okay for me, but if you want gray, be aware that you may not get them. They are made in China.

Riders by Lee Indigo Women's 6 Inch Denim Cuffed Short with Belt, Vintage Quartz, 6/Medium
Price: $16.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality., May 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Lee has a long reputation for quality. These are no exception. They are a cuffed short hitting about mid thigh. They have pockets and belt loops and includes a pink belt. They fit snug, but not tight, which is how I expect denim to fit. They are quite soft, feeling like you have had them for years and they have seen a lot of wear and washings.

The Southern Cookie Book
The Southern Cookie Book
by The Editors of Southern Living
Edition: Flexibound
Price: $14.20
55 used & new from $10.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of pictures., May 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a book of more than just recipes for cookies. There are lots of hints, tips, and recommendations to have your cookies to come out perfect every time. At the end of the book, there are ideas on how to give cookies as gifts and how to have a cookie swap. I really like all of the pictures. I like knowing what something is supposed to look like and am more drawn to cookbooks with pictures. The chapters of recipes are drop cookies, filled cookies, rolled cookies, bars and brownies, and confections (candy). The one chapter that is missing, that I would have liked to see, is one on cookies that don't use refined flour or sugar. I would have liked some hints and tips on how to make some of these with almond or coconut flours and honey or maple syrup.

Wrangler Authentics Women's Denim Capri, Delta, 10 Medium
Wrangler Authentics Women's Denim Capri, Delta, 10 Medium
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So soft., May 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These feel like denim pants you have had for a really long time and are so soft from washing. It's pretty neat to have this feel in brand new pants. I like all of the pockets and the length is great. I feel they run a bit small, but I don't like really tight clothes.

USB Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser, URPOWER 50ml Most Portable Ultrasonic Essential Oil Cool Mist Aroma Diffuser with 7 Color Changing Lights and 3 Timer Settings for Car Laptop PC Office Travel
Offered by COCO-VISION
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up., May 17, 2016
I was offered a unit in exchange for a review. I don't accept many offers like this. I have to have a need for the item before I will consider it. I had just purchased some essential oils and I decided to see how this diffuser would work. It was easy to set up. It uses a USB cord to power it. Right now, I have it running off my computer, but when I move it to the bathroom, my phone charger can be used to plug the cord into. you can set a timer on this to mist for 30, 60, or 120 minutes. You can use the color changing lights, or not. It puts out a pretty steady stream of mist. I am satisfied with the way it works.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Double Ribbed, Everyday Basic Kitchen Dishtowel, 16 x 26", Set of 4 - Sand
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice towels., May 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are really nice towels. They are a good size, thick and absorbent. I have some towels that just don't soak up much moisture, making them pretty much useless. These, I like.

Holan Pepper Mill Set Stainless Steel Pepper Grider Acrylic Pepper Shakers for Flavor & Seasoning
Offered by Holan Direct
Price: $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy on my hands., May 14, 2016
I have purchased the salt and pepper from the spice section of the grocery store that have built in grinders. I have found them difficult to use because they are hard to grip and twist for my hands. I was offered a set of these in exchange for a review, so I decided to take them up on their offer. I only accept offers for things I know I can use. I filled these with pepper corns and sea salt. They work quite well and I can grip them without discomfort. The coarseness of the grind is easily adjustable. These are going to make adding salt and pepper so much easier.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20