Profile for reg > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 993

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

reg RSS Feed (Houston)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Halloween Recipes : Top 30 Cute, Creepy, and Easy Halloween Recipes for Women and Childrens
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Halloween Recipes, October 19, 2014
The author pointed out to me that this book was available for free, so I downloaded it onto my Kindle. I do have to say that I am not a fan of Kindle cookbooks. I don't like not having the ingredients and instructions on the same page and going back and forth is not something I like doing. I also like having a picture for what I am making, especially something like these Halloween recipes.

There are a variety of recipes in this book. Some are as simple as taking a cup of peanuts and a cup of candy corn and mixing them together. Others require more effort. There is nutrition information at the end of most, but not all. I was frustrated when the nutrition says it is per serving, yet the recipe does not specify how many servings that recipe makes. The one for roasted pumpkin seed (the first recipe) is one of these. With as many calories as are listed, I am assuming it must be for the whole recipe, but I would think that is more than most would eat in one serving. I also found it interesting that the peanut and candy corn recipe mentioned above has only 1.1 g sugar. Since candy corn is just about 100% sugar, that seems low to me. Other recipes don't state the amount of sugar at all. Since that is something I really watch, I wish it were listed in every recipe.

This cookbook can give you some ideas on fun treats for a fun holiday. I would prefer having it in paper form with pictures, but for the price, I can't complain!

bubba 17 oz envy tumbler fresh berry
bubba 17 oz envy tumbler fresh berry
Offered by Firefly Buys
Price: $15.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Bubba mugs and tumblers are my favorites., October 17, 2014
I love my Bubba insulated cups/mugs. I take water with me where ever I go. These tumblers do not sweat and the ice stays for hours. I filled one with ice and water yesterday about 8 AM. At 12:15 PM, there was still a small amount of ice remaining. It had been in my car the entire time with outside temperatures around 85*. I'm sure it was even warmer in the car. I again filled it this morning when I went to the grocery store. Since I wasn't gone long, there was still lots of ice in it when I returned home. I put it on the counter. I just looked, 6 1/2 hours later and there is still ice in it. It has been inside, so it wasn't in the sun or a hot car except for the trip to the store. This tumbler does fit snugly into my cup holder. I have the larger mug, but it is too big for my car cup holders. I use it in the house and love it, too. I recently got one with a sleeve, but am not as impressed. The ice melted faster and it did sweat.

Quest Nutrition Protein Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Flavor, 2.12 oz,12 Count
Price: $24.99
61 used & new from $17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A warm bar is soooo good!, October 16, 2014
I love Quest bars and always have at least one in my purse. In fact, I have a chocolate chip cookie dough one in my purse right now. There are lots of other reviews talking about how good they are as well as their nutritional values, but I thought I'd add one with other ways to eat this flavor.

Try microwaving it for 8 - 10 seconds! It is like a warm cookie right out of the oven. Another way to do it is to put it in a skillet and brown it on both sides. Again, it warms it nicely and I like the little bit of crispiness browning it gets. Someone suggested putting them in a toaster, but I was afraid of it making a mess of the toaster, so I used the skillet idea instead, figuring it would be easier to clean out if it did make a mess. Worked quite well. This works for other flavors, like cinnamon roll, too. I don't toast chocolate flavors because it would be difficult to tell when they were brown, but I do microwave some of them, like chocolate brownie.

ALEX Toys - Craft, Color a House Children's Kit with (6) Washable Markers and Cardboard House, 198H
Price: $34.99
20 used & new from $26.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Walls you can draw on!, October 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What a fun activity for kids! Walls they are actually encouraged to draw on! The markers that come with this work very well. If you are like me and hesitate to give them markers to use, crayons will work, but the color isn't as intense. This is a large structure, so be sure you have lots of room for it. It does set up easily, but probably won't hold up to being taken apart too often.

Hershey's Sugar Free Semi-Sweet Baking Chips, 8 Ounce
Hershey's Sugar Free Semi-Sweet Baking Chips, 8 Ounce
Price: $3.48
11 used & new from $3.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Good if you are avoiding sugar., October 15, 2014
I have used these a couple of times and really like them. I have done the best I can to eliminate sugar from my diet. I have mixed these in with mashed ripe bananas, oatmeal, PB2, vanilla, and chopped pecans. Makes a nice treat with no added sugar.

Someone asked about the nutritional values for this. Here is what is on the bag: Serving size: 1 T (15 g), Calories: 70, with 40 from fat. Total fat: 4.5 g (7%), Sat Fat: 3 g (15%), Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholest. 0 g, Sodium: 0 g, Total Carb: 9 g (3%), Dietary Fiber: 1 g (4%), Sugars 0 g, Malitol: 7 g, Protein: <1 g. There is 4% iron, but no other vitamin or mineral.

I would suggest nt buying this during warm months. They did ship them in a cooler, but there was still some melting. If you like them, stock up during the winter! There is a recipe for a sugar-free chocolate chip cookie on the package. I haven't tried it because I can't seem to stop with just one cookie - sugar-free or not!

ALEX Toys - Craft, Color a Rocket Children's Kit with (6) Washable Markers and Cardboard Rocket, 198R
Price: $34.99
11 used & new from $32.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Time for color and play., October 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is really nice and is easy to put together. The markers work well, but I am not a huge fan of children and markers. They tend to mark on everything, including themselves. I did try some crayons to see how they would do. They do work, but the color is a lot lighter than it is with the marker.

It is nice to have an art project for the children that can also be played with after. The rocket ship is great for their imagination. I watched the last space shuttle launch with my oldest grandson a few years ago and he has always had an interest in space. Lots of good play time with this. Just be sure you have some room for it!

Alex Toys A1523 Kid's My Tape Party Activity Kit with (10) Activities, Assorted Colors
Price: $16.73
25 used & new from $12.62

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for a party of one., October 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Don't let the word "Party" make you think that this is a box of activities you can do at an actual party. There are 10 activities and enough materials to make each ONE time. The instructions are pictures only - no words, so if you need words, you will be out of luck. The recommended age for these activities is 3 and up, but I don't see most 3 year old children being able to do it - even with adult help. They might be able to do the actual decorating with the stickers if you aren't too fussy about what it looks like.

The box does say "Made in China," for those who want this information.

The Book with No Pictures
The Book with No Pictures
by B. J. Novak
Price: $11.70
50 used & new from $10.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, October 8, 2014
I saw this book when it was featured on The View. My daughter is a former theater teacher and is currently an elementary school librarian. She also has 5 year old boy/girl twins - a perfect audience. I decided she had to have this book, so I sent her a copy (thanks Prime!). I texted her to see if it had arrived. It had, but she said my granddaughter didn't want to read it because it had no pictures! They were getting ready to read it.

The next text said, "They cracked up through the whole thing and want me to read it again!" The next text said, "They want it again, but I told them to make mom-mom (their other grandmother) read it." So, it was a hit, just as I thought it would be.

I love finding books that are as much fun for the children as they are for the adult reading to them. We all know how children love repetition and reading a book that is boring to the adult over and over can get pretty tedious. A short list of some of my favorites includes Fox in Socks (Beginner Books), The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales, Skippyjon Jones, and The Stupids Have a Ball (Sandpiper). I will definitely be adding this book to my list!

ETA: I received a text from my daughter that she read this book to some kindergartners. She said they were rolling with laughter. She did have to do a bit of editing since "Boo boo butt" seemed like it would be too much fun to repeat! She did say that the only complaint they got was that the kids got pretty loud and were hard to settle down afterwards. Sounds like a resounding endorsement from the 5 year old set!

Mega Bloks Hello Kitty Splash N' Swim Water Park
Mega Bloks Hello Kitty Splash N' Swim Water Park
Price: $29.99
8 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 401 Pieces!, October 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So many pieces, many of which are quite tiny. This is designed for children 5 - 12, so be careful if you have younger children. There are definitely some choking hazards here. If you don't have a storage solution for Legos and similar building sets, I would suggest getting something to contain the pieces. The box it comes in won't do an adequate job of that, in my opinion.

Some of my grandchildren are really into building with Lego and this Mega Bloks set is a lot like those. They will enjoy this and the girls will enjoy having something that is not Star Wars! We will just not be able to get these out when the little ones are here. There are other Hello Kitty sets if you want to expand on a theme.

I really like having things for my grandchildren that stimulate their creativity. They will be able to build something like the picture on the box, but then they will also be able to change it up, too. Lots of options. This should be hours of building fun.

#1 Rated Travel Towel and Sports Towel - MICROFIBER - Guarantee Bleed Free - Includes Hook
Offered by Shandali
Price: $34.95 - $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made., October 7, 2014
I was contacted by the owner of Shandali to try and review the microfiber yoga towel. I enjoy using microfiber towels, so I was happy to do so. This towel is huge - longer than I am tall! It is 26.5" x 72". It will easily cover a yoga mat. It is specifically designed to be placed on top of a yoga mat to soak up sweat and prevent slipping.

The towel fabric is 80% Polyester and 20% Nylon. It is machine washable and dryer safe. It should be washed in cold water with like colors and the dryer should be on low. The towel is made in China. I feel the quality and weight is similar to other microfiber towels I have had for many years. They hold up well. I anticipate many years of use from this towel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20