Profile for reg > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 885

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

reg RSS Feed (Houston)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Easy@Home Digital Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Hypertension Color Alert Technology and Heart Beat / Pulse Meter function - Top Selling FDA-approved For OTC use Blood Pressure Monitor (BP Monitor) - Carry Case and Battery are included | Backlit Large Display, Color Coded Advanced Hypertension Indicator, Irregular heart beat Indicator, 2 User with Memory Recall for up to 60 records under each User ID, Wide-Range Comfort Cuff | Two years Hassle Free Product Replacement Guarantee
Offered by Easy@Home
Price: $42.75
2 used & new from $42.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A good home unit., July 28, 2015
I received this unit in exchange for a review. I have had some experience using home units, but the others I have are for the wrist. I got the wrist one because my arm was too large for most standard cuffs. I have since lost weight, and am off blood pressure medication, so I figured I could use a standard cuff now. I also was told an upper arm cuff is more accurate than the wrist one.

I took my blood pressure using this unit and got 92/60 with a pulse of 66. I took it with the wrist unit and the results was 112/69 with a pulse of 68. When I counted my pulse using the second hand on my watch, I got 70 for my pulse. I'm not sure which reading is the most accurate. At the doctor last week, it was 106/65 with a pulse of 65. Just the process of getting to the doctor, being called back, and having your BP taken could account for a higher reading. Taking it in the comfort of your own home would result in a lower reading, I would think. I think this one should be close enough to keep an eye on a potential problem and alert you to when you should call the doctor. I'm glad I am no longer on medication for high blood pressure, but it will be nice to be able to check it periodically.

Stanley Classic One Hand Vacuum Mug 16oz/473 mL - Hammertone Green
Stanley Classic One Hand Vacuum Mug 16oz/473 mL - Hammertone Green
Price: $19.92
46 used & new from $16.93

4.0 out of 5 stars A quality product., July 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Stanley has a really good reputation for a quality product. They have been around since 1913. You don't do that by making a poor quality product. This Vacuum Mug is no exception. It feels like quality in your hand. The first time I pressed the button on the lid, I could hear that gentle "woosh" of the vacuum seal.

The instructions recommend preheating or precooling the mug by filling it with hot or cold water and letting it sit for 5 minutes. Then, pour that out and fill with your preferred beverage. I'm not a hot beverage drinker, so I will be using it for cold water. I always take water with me when I go anywhere and it can get pretty hot in the car. The label says it keeps drinks hot or cold for 7 hours or iced for 30 hours. Not sure if that applies to being in a hot car, but just keeping it cool will make me happy.

You can take the lid apart for cleaning. It can be washed in the dishwasher and should be disassembled prior to washing. The body should be washed by hand. The one thing that keep this from being 5 stars for me is that it holds only 16 oz. If you add ice, that isn't a lot of liquid. I guess if it were larger, it wouldn't fit in most cup holders, but it should at this size. I bit taller to increase the volume would work for me.

Food Should Taste Good Real Good Bar Macadamia Chai, 15 Count
Food Should Taste Good Real Good Bar Macadamia Chai, 15 Count
Price: $25.47

2.0 out of 5 stars 3 of the first 4 ingredients is added sugar., July 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a Vine member, we get to select items to try in exchange for a review. Since I use protein bars a lot, I was interested in trying this one. There were no reviews posted at the time I made the selection and no picture of the nutrition label, so I had no idea that three of the first four ingredients were forms of sugar.- added sugar, not sugar found in fruit. I also received only one bar. It arrived in a padded envelope and was rather squished, making it not look very appetizing. The appearance is not why I am rating it only 2 stars, it is the 11g of sugar. I watch the amount of sugar I consume and this exceeds my limit. If the nutrition label had been included on the product page, I never would have selected it - especially if I had known they would send only one bar.

Crenova® HN-03 High Pressure Garden Hose Nozzle Sprayer Car Wash Gun Fire Hose Nozzle 3/4 inch Designed for Car Washing, Garden/Lawn Watering, Room/Deck/Floor Cleaning, Putting out Fire in Emergency
Offered by Crenova Direct
Price: $6.99
3 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well., July 26, 2015
I feel pretty stupid. I couldn't figure out how to connect it to my regular hose, so I came in and looked at the product page to see if it offered some help. Found out there is an adapter screwed into the black end. I couldn't get it to come out until I got my jar opener and it was able to make it turn so I could remove it. Now it connected to my hose. It works quite well. Shoots out quite a stream. I was able to stand in one place and water a lot of my yard - more than my sprinkler waters at one time. I also used it to clean off my stepping stones and it did a great job of that. Looking forward to using it the next time I wash my car. Should make that job a whole lot easier.

I received one of these nozzles in exchange for a review.

Stainless Steel Measuring Cups with *Lifetime Guaranty* With Extra Special Gift! !Solid Sturdy Unique & Polished Best for Every Meal or Backing Adjustable and Decorative for Every Kitchen. Comes with 5 Bowls with Different Sizes to Match Your Cooking Criteria.
Offered by Fresho
Price: $19.97
2 used & new from $15.97

4.0 out of 5 stars There is a 1/8 cup measure but not a 3/4., July 24, 2015
I bake a lot, so when I was asked if I wanted a set of these measuring cups in exchange for a review, I was happy to accept. This is a nice set of measuring cups. They are sturdy and have long handles. What keeps these from being 5 stars for me is their choice of sizes. Most sets that I have do not have a cup measuring 1/8 of a cup. I've never missed having one. 1/8 of a cup is equivalent to 2 tablespoons. I don't find measuring 2 tablespoons using a 1 tablespoon measure to be that big a deal. I double a lot of my recipes, so when I need to double 2 tablespoons, I do grab a 1/4 cup measure, but that's so I don't have to measure 1 tablespoon 4 times. Two is not a hassle. One measure I do miss from this set is 3/4 of a cup. I don't want to have to measure 1/4 cup 3 times, although it can be done. If a set has to be limited to 5 cups, I would prefer a 3/4 cup and not the 1/8. Good thing I have other sets that have a 3/4 cup. Maybe with time I will find myself using the 1/8 cup more often, but I doubt it. I will change this review if I do.

Dove Men+Care Shampoo, Oxygen Charge 25.4 oz
Dove Men+Care Shampoo, Oxygen Charge 25.4 oz
Price: $5.97
7 used & new from $5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with the other Dove Men+Care products., July 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like the Dove line of Men+Care products. The fragrances are all similar so there is no conflict. It is definitely not floral or feminine. This is a large bottle of shampoo and should last a very long time.

Smith & Wesson 38481 Airweight Safety Glasses, Smoke Lenses Anti-Fog with Aluminum Frame
Price: $24.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, July 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are very attractive sunglasses. I would not know they were safety glasses if I just saw them and not the bag they came in or the product page. They are very stylish and lightweight. The bag does state that these will not protect against extreme impact hazards such as from flying grinding wheel fragments, explosive devices, or molten metal. They should also not be used for protection against lasers, masers, x-rays, or gamma rays. I'm just hoping for some protection doing yeard work!

Dove Men + Care Body Wash, Hydration Balance, 18 Ounce
Dove Men + Care Body Wash, Hydration Balance, 18 Ounce
Price: $6.49
3 used & new from $6.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Rinses cleanly., July 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I find that it washes well and rinses completely. My skin does not feel dry. The jury is still out on the fragrance. It is definitely not floral or feminine, but not sure if I like it. At least it does not seem to linger. One objection is the shape of the bottle. If you notice in the picture. The top is rounded. The opening is in the bottom. This wouldn't be a problem if you always have 2 hands to open and close it, but if you want to set it down so you can open it with one hand, you can't because of the rounded end. Same thing if you want to set it down to close it. I wish the other end was flat so you could set it down on either end.

Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail - Award Winning
Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail - Award Winning
Price: $79.99
14 used & new from $78.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Not made of smelly plastic., July 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When my kids were in diapers, all we had was basically a trash can with a lid. It contained the diapers, but not the smell. I often wished for a pail with a lid similar to the Tupperware canisters with the push button lid. Something that would seal it, yet be easy to get on with one hand. That never happened in the 9 1/2 years I had one or more in diapers. When my grandkids started arriving, the Diaper Genie was what was considered the best. It did contain the smells better than what I had to use, but those special bags were a pain. Now there is Ubbi. I get the impression someone was actually listening when this was designed. First, it isn't plastic so it doesn't absorb the smells (unlike my trashcan that will never again smell like anything but dirty diapers). The next best thing about it is that it doesn't use special bags. I also like that you can lock the lid so toddlers can't get into it. Diaper pails have come a long way in the past 40 years and, right now, Ubbi is the best.

ExcruFlex Muscle And Joint Pain Therapy Relief Cream: Topical Muscle Relaxant And All Natural Pain Relief Cream. Packed With 45 Organic Ingredients. For Deep Penetrating Joint And Muscle Pain Relief Caused By Injuries, Age and Inflammation. ExcruFlex Is The Best Pain Relief Cream And Topical Muscle And Joint Pain Relief Therapy Gel 4 oz
Offered by HealthBiz Direct Inc.
Price: $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this a lot., July 16, 2015
I received a bottle in exchange for a review. If it continues to help, as it has been for the past few days, I will be ordering more for me, as well as for others. I am 65. I jammed my thumb back in college, over 45 years ago. I had a doctor tell me I would eventually have arthritis in that thumb. He was right. I have it now. I am glad it isn't a weight bearing joint, but it can cause some discomfort. That's where I started using this product. It hasn't eliminated the pain, but it has definitely reduced it. Using the aqua dumb bells in my aqua class has been more comfortable. Today, I was typing several reviews in a row. My hands started cramping a lot. When this happens, I have to force the joints back to where they are supposed to be and they hurt a lot. I grabbed the bottle and squirted some on the back of both hands and massaged it in. Relief! It hasn't been very long and I am not typing this without the discomfort I was experiencing. I am now planning on sending some of this to my parents. Mom is 91 and dad is 96. As you would expect, they have a lot of aches and pains. I think this will help them quite a bit.

This does have a very strong fragrance. It isn't unpleasant, but it also doesn't smell like perfume. definitely medicinal. It does fade after a while. I do like the pump dispenser. It makes it easy to apply. A little does go a long way.

While I was given this bottle, I am sincere when I say that I will be purchasing more. In fact, as soon as I finish this, I will be ordering a bottle for my parents.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20