Profile for Brian & Randy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 111

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brian & Randy "Two Brothers" RSS Feed (United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Breath of Fire (Dragons of the Hundred Worlds #1)
Breath of Fire (Dragons of the Hundred Worlds #1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Continues to enthrall, April 26, 2013
I love the original books and couldn't wait to read this. He really gets into the characters in this book for sure. It grabs you quickly and never lets go. It's also nice to see several viewpoints other than Raistin.

The Serpent's Shadow (The Kane Chronicles, Book Three)
The Serpent's Shadow (The Kane Chronicles, Book Three)
Price: $7.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Kane Chronicles, May 27, 2012
Robert Stanek is by far my favorite fantasy author. I love how he takes the genre in so many new directions. I admit to not like much Rick Riordan had written until Kane Chronicles. I didn't like Percy Jackson much. I didn't like where the story went or how it was written, but I've enjoyed Kane Chronicles. This was a fantastic ending for the trilogy. I loved how each character got a good ending and it made you glad you read all the books.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2012 12:12 PM PDT

Wizards of Skyhall Omnibus (Arianna Kelt and the Wizards of Skyhall, Arianna Kelt and the Renegades of Time, Mini Poster Edition)
by J R King
Price: $12.99
7 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic debut!, May 27, 2012
Wizards, warlocks, law gnomes, golems, trolls, magic, high-tech gizmos, and adventure all wrapped up into one intricate tale of enchantment that leaves the reader breathless and wishing for more--this is Arianna Kelt and the Wizards of Skyhall, by JR King.

Right away I was pulled in by the professional and artistic cover, the giant floating city looming in the background, three young wizards casting powerful spells, and when I opened the book, I was not in the least disappointed.

Once you pick this book up, you can't put it down. Immmediately you are swept off into the vast wizarding universe and into the life of a young fourteen year old girl, Arianna Kelt. Her path takes you to new and fascinating places filled with magic and mystical creatures.

I loved the sharp wit and sarcasm. I loved the humor and action. I finished this book in two, gulping down 100+ pages at a time. I am sure I would have finished in a day if it hadn't been for work.

I give huge kudos to King for writing and publishing this book at age 14. When most people his age are caught up in video games, cliques, and the opposite sex, he has shown the fortitude, talent and incredible patience required to complete a novel. This is a huge accomplishment.

I would absolutely encourage spending the money to buy this book. You will be pleasingly surprised by King's new, fresh style, as well as his deep understanding for the realm of fantasy and apparent love for writing.

But be warned, this story is addicting.

The Invaders: Brotherband Chronicles, Book 2
The Invaders: Brotherband Chronicles, Book 2
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Invaders, May 3, 2012
Not sure why I liked these at first but I've stuck to them even now that I'm older. My younger broter I guess is the one who got me reading Ranger's Apprentice. I little soap operary, a little shallow, but it is for younger readers.

The Complete Adventures of Curious George: 70th Anniversary Edition
The Complete Adventures of Curious George: 70th Anniversary Edition
by Margret Rey
Price: $16.57
107 used & new from $9.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Curious fun with George, September 13, 2011
This big yellow book has 7 stories. I gave it to one of my nephews for his birthday and he's been enjoying it. Not really the complete adventures. There are lots of other curious george books just as good.

Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent listening, January 3, 2008
This review is from: In Rainbows (MP3 Music)
I don't consider myself to be a hardcore fan like I don't go scouring the net every day looking for the latest Radiohead news but I downloaded In Rainbows on October 10, 2007 and I got the hard copy when it was released yesterday. Back in October after 4 years of waiting for a new Radiohead album, I was ready to be amazed and I was and wasn't.

This is Radiohead, and it is good, but it's not crazy good. It's not simple or plain. The bass carries most of the tunes while guitars, synths and Thom Yorke's mesmerizing voice blend into an envigorating brew.

It's not minimalist and it takes more than an initial spin to truly understand it. The complexity is in fact revealed during repeated listens where the nuances and brilliance shine through. The opening track, "15Step", moves to a synth riff while Thom's vocal pull you in. "Bodysnatchers" is a solid rocker and "Nude" is haunting and beautiful.

"All I Need" and "Faust Arp" take you back to pre-Kid A Radiohead sound. "Reckoner" is a low point on the album but "House of Cards" is another fantastic song that sets into "Jigsaw Falling Into Place," with its unavoidable groove, led largely by persistent drum and vocals, carries you away.

I am more than happy with this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2008 12:55 PM PST

Tell All Your Friends
Tell All Your Friends
Offered by 1UP Video Games, Books & DVDs
Price: $24.99
65 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The best, January 2, 2008
This review is from: Tell All Your Friends (Audio CD)
Some of the reviews claim Taking Back Sunday is the best thing to happen to American music. I won't go that far though I do love every cd they've released so far. Taking Back Sunday helped create the whole emotional (or "emo") music movement with "Tell All Your Friends". You either loved them or you hated them, but you'd hard pressed to find someone who never heard of them.

This cd was very good but did have a few kinks in it. There was also a couple songs I couldn't get out of my head. So overall, I would give this album 4 stars just because of the few songs that didnt stick. However some of the songs are more than 5 stars, like Great Romances Of The 20th Century, You're So Last Summer and Timberwolves at New Jersey. Those songs are as close to perfect as you can get.

Price: $9.00
104 used & new from $2.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen to the music and decide for yourself, January 2, 2008
This review is from: In Rainbows (Audio CD)

I am more than happy with this CD.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2008 6:36 AM PST

J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide (Two Volume Box Set)
J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide (Two Volume Box Set)
by Christina Scull
Price: $80.00
31 used & new from $48.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you ever wanted to know about Tolkien and then some, October 14, 2007
Like the title of my review says, this set has everything you ever wanted to know about Tolkien and then some. At around 2300 pages, this isn't exactly casual reading, and it isn't for the casual reader either - it is for the devoted Tolkien fan.

Devoted Tolkien fans will be rewarded for their patience as they work their way through these thick volumes. Plenty of rare nuggets and interesting commentary on the life and times of Tolkien.

The Hobbit
The Hobbit
by J. R. R. Tolkien
Price: $19.16
128 used & new from $4.93

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hobbit -- 70th Anniversary, October 11, 2007
This review is from: The Hobbit (Hardcover)
I've been a huge Tolkien fan since I was a kid, and have collected a tremendous amount of various editions of his books in various forms over the years, so I figured I'd heard it all and seen it all. I will admit that I have only read the introduction and skimmed the book so far, but what I have seen and read opens a whole new chapter in my understanding of this book.

This book is printed for the 70th anniversary of The Hobbit's original release, and includes a brief introduction by Tolkien's son Christopher. The text also has been updated to account for various corrections through the years from Tolkien and his publishers. What I liked best about this edition is it includes drawings and color illustrations by the man himself, J. R. R. Tolkien.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12