Profile for R. Weber > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Weber RSS Feed (Montclair NJ)

Page: 1 | 2
Phyto Phytodefrisant Botanical Hair Relaxing Balm 3.3oz
Phyto Phytodefrisant Botanical Hair Relaxing Balm 3.3oz
Offered by always bargain
Price: $21.99
18 used & new from $16.48

1.0 out of 5 stars They changed the formula!, May 18, 2014
I was a Phyto fan for about a decade. This pricey product was my only saving grace in humid summer months. I purchased some on Amazon and received a completely liquid consistency so I figured I received some expired product. I bought some at a local store that was had the same consistency. After some digging, I've learned that Phyto has changed the formula. It's like liquid coming out of the tube, leaves white streaks when it dries if not thoroughly distributed, and does not work nearly as well as the old balm. I'm looking to switch to a new product. It's such a shame because that product was like magic to me before.

Wild Science Kitty College Pet Science
Wild Science Kitty College Pet Science
Offered by Growing Tree Toys
Price: $17.95
8 used & new from $17.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for Cats and Kids, December 19, 2012
My cat-obsessed 8 year old and our 3 year old cat both have been enjoying Kitty College. I think the success of this toy depends on having a curious and energetic cat. Having enticing cat treats promotes longer attention for the cat.

A word to the wise that an adult *must* help with assembly despite the fact that box states for ages 6 and up. Even with an adult, the instructions were a little confusing and frustrating at times and our kit was missing a string, which was easy enough to substitute with what we had on hand.

Paris in Color
Paris in Color
by Nichole Robertson
Price: $15.30
104 used & new from $4.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchante!, April 25, 2012
This review is from: Paris in Color (Hardcover)
Paris in Color presents a beautiful and well curated view into every day Paris. There are no cliche images of the Eiffel Tower to be found here. Instead photos of crisp looking baguettes, piles of cheese, flowers from the market, chairs awaiting patrons amongst other everyday French imagery are artfully sectioned off by color. There is a marked absence of people present in these photos which allow the viewer a quiet snapshot of French life. This book is a colorful, visual delight!

Cuisinart DGB-600BC Grind & Brew, Brushed Chrome
Cuisinart DGB-600BC Grind & Brew, Brushed Chrome
Offered by 5starsolutions
Price: $499.00
11 used & new from $46.00

2.0 out of 5 stars If you are considering a factory refurbished DGB-600..., November 15, 2011
I'm glad to see this model has been discontinued.

It worked positively great for the first year and a half. Then it started shutting off mid-brew. We have reached the point where we have to restart it 3 or 4 times to make a 8-cup pot of coffee.

It is a frustrating endeavor as a consumer to purchase products with very short functioning life. Price has no bearing on quality (friends with a $2k coffeemaker from W-S have had the same issue.) I'm really glad I only paid $60 for this model at a crazy New Years Day sale. All electronics are garbage these days. Besides being out the money to purchase, you have the added frustration of things breaking at inconvenient times, and then the time spent re-researching products and repurchasing expenses.

At this point, I'm considering getting a french press. My experience definitely won't have me back to purchasing another Cuisinart model.

Two stars because it was great during it's short duration.

CalicoCritters of Cloverleaf Corners - Baby Playroom
CalicoCritters of Cloverleaf Corners - Baby Playroom
Offered by Elite Toy Store Inc
Price: $19.99
6 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Darling, but a little flawed, April 27, 2011
I purchased this as an add-on for the Calico Critter Windmill playhouse. Like all Calico Critter products, it's adorable and shows great attention to detail. There is a frustrating aspect that when you add it on to the windmill house, it comes off very easily as does the top. My children like to have it as a third level with the original windmill top. However every time they play with it, I'm called in to put the both back on. To keep the mutual frustration levels down, I glued it with E6000 adhesive glue, which keeps it firmly in place (best glue ever!) The kids use the sandbox on the floor and do not miss the ability to put it on as as another roof option.

Perfect Pet Tubby Kat Cat Door with 4 Way Lock And LEXAN Flap
Perfect Pet Tubby Kat Cat Door with 4 Way Lock And LEXAN Flap
Price: $31.60
11 used & new from $27.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, March 9, 2011
We purchased this door so our cat could have access to our basement. We installed it in an inexpensive, hallow plywood type door. Because our door was not a great quality wood, I would recommend people use a jigsaw to cut the opening as opposed to a reciprocating saw (aka sabre saw) that the instructions recommended. It creates a more precise cut. Even still, we had a little minor splintering, but nothing a little touch up paint couldn't resolve.

Our cat quickly got used to his new door and it allowed us to put his litter box in the basement. We have had no problems with tails or paws getting caught. Because our cat is an indoor cat, we have no need to use any of the locking mechanisms, so I can't say how well they work.

It took us about 30 minutes to install.

Fisher-Price Super Sounds Soccer
Fisher-Price Super Sounds Soccer
Offered by Shining Star Inc.
Price: $57.90
25 used & new from $49.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but buyer beware..., August 29, 2010
We purchased this for our 3 year old after watching him kick a soccer ball for the first time like he had been playing forever. While the net is fantastic, buyers should be forewarned that the photos on the box are VERY misleading. The ball that comes with the set is not a proper soccer ball. It is a small inflatable plastic ball about the size of an orange or small grapefruit with painted pentagons on it. The photo makes the ball seem much larger than it actually is. Ours came with no needle to inflate it. We ditched the ball and wound up purchasing a proper toddler-sized soccer ball. The net was very easy to assemble and our son is having a blast with it. Great for learning eye-foot coordination and gross motor skills.

The Instant Cook
The Instant Cook
by Donna Hay
17 used & new from $1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars My go-to cookbook by my go-to cookbook author, December 9, 2009
This review is from: The Instant Cook (Hardcover)
I own three Donna Hay cookbooks, all of which are excellent, but this one is my favorite. I really appreciate her approach to cooking: sophisticated food with easy-to-find ingredients on a short list. This book is particularly good with variations on many of the recipes. The styling of this book is gorgeous with photos of each recipe so you know what you are making. Being someone who likes good food, but doesn't necessarily love spending hours in the kitchen, I appreciate her real life approach in this book. It's okay to cheat and use store bought pastry dough. Really, it is. Seldom do such short cuts appear, but they do crop up occasionally. Readers should know that in case it's a put off to their style of cooking.

This book has really opened me up to some new flavor combinations that I wouldn't have thought to do. Delish!

Calico Critters: Baby Playhouse Windmill
Calico Critters: Baby Playhouse Windmill
Offered by Integrity Lighthouse
Price: $65.95
40 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative Bang for Your Buck, December 5, 2009
I purchased this for my daughter for her 5th birthday. She has been enjoying Calico Critters since she was two and a half years old. As children grow and interests change, toys often fall by the wayside. I have found that the Calico Critters have great lasting power in our home that make them worth the hefty price tag. Yes it is plastic and yes they are rather pricey, but these playsets and critters have much longevity for creative play. As my daughter gets older, her play schemes get more complex and sophisticated making them worth the investment.

The Baby Playhouse Windmill is particularly cute with the turnable windmill and makes the inside mobile spin. It's nice to combine it with some of our other Calico Critter collections. The attention to detail is particularly enchanting to young children. Being that it is plastic, my two year old did get his hands on it and break off one of the little outside gates/doors, so it may not be ideal for children who play hard with their toys or if you have mischievous younger siblings around. This one like our other Calico Critter products is cleverly and intelligently designed and charms both the adult and child alike.

The Red Bird
The Red Bird
by Astrid Lindgren
36 used & new from $0.10

2.0 out of 5 stars Bleak, even with the happy ending, December 5, 2009
This review is from: The Red Bird (Hardcover)
I picked up this book in haste at the library, after seeing it was by Astrid Lindgren and a quick thumb through to see if it was an appropriate length for my five year old. The story was incredibly dismal, despite the "happy" ending with it's implied heavenly afterlife. The use of repetition in the book was far more suitable for very young children, however the darkness of the subject was not. Fans of this story may not appreciate me saying so, but I found Anna's melodramatic proclamations of "surely I will die" throughout the book to be unnerving. My five year old did not enjoy this story.

Page: 1 | 2