Profile for Jeddy 3 > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 415

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeddy 3 RSS Feed
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pilot
Pilot
DVD
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My kid loves the silliness and I love the innocence and kindness, September 5, 2014
This is one of the very few kids' shows that shows a truly realistic kid character, instead of a kid that's a mouthpiece for adult writers. Clarence is a totally believable kid, who thinks and acts like a real child. Typical example: Clarence has to go shopping with his mom. She always brings tons of coupons; Clarence reveals that he never knew exactly what coupons are, but he assumes they're some kind of "Mom money." He goes to get a quart of milk and becomes fascinated by wondering what's behind the dairy shelves. Little things like that, which actually do fascinate kids in their everyday lives. Clarence's adventures are amusing, even for this grownup; my 8-year-old son laughs and chuckles through each episode. The writing is sharp and smart without being too adult-sounding. Clarence is an innocent, loving kid who is motivated by curiosity and a kind heart. Nothing gets him down for long. His best friends are kind of strange, but he loves them all anyway.

I'm delighted to see an interestingly-drawn, cleverly-written kids' show that keeps the innocence of childhood without adding the hard, sarcastic edge of many modern cartoons. If you are concerned with the values promoted by kids' programming, Clarence will be one of your new favorites.

InterDesign Una Bathware, Tissue Roll Reserve Canister, White
InterDesign Una Bathware, Tissue Roll Reserve Canister, White
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really fills a need for a simple, modern TP holder... though overpriced for what it is., August 31, 2014
Simple, clean (in both senses of the word), sturdy, modern, and unobtrusive. I always feel these InterDesign pieces are way overpriced for simple plastic doohickeys made in China. However, there is no better alternative, and believe me, I looked, both on Amazon and elsewhere. If you want a clean, unadorned toilet paper holder that will match other clean white items in your bathroom and blend in without announcing HEY THERE IS TOILET PAPER IN HERE, I guess this is the one to shell out for.

Dynazap Extendable Insect Zapper
Dynazap Extendable Insect Zapper
Price: $17.99
13 used & new from $12.12

3.0 out of 5 stars Only 1 of 3 worked... but that one is the hit of the BBQ!, August 31, 2014
Snap, crackle, pop! At our BBQ, the kids all wanted to whisk this through the air and create a snapping, sparking fireworks display of zapped mosquitoes and gnats. I use it nearly daily to gleefully slay the skeeters that swarm around my face and ankles whenever I go outside in the evening. I've killed a bunch of flying nasties inside, as well. The extendable handle even allowed me to zap a couple bugs that thought they could hide way up high on the curtains. One great aspect of this item is that it kills even very tiny bugs like no-see-ems. If you want cheap thrills, walk through the twilight into a swarm of gnats while waving this thing through the air.

This gizmo was such a hit I decided to order another. The new one had a floppy head; there was no way I could use it for anything. I returned it for a replacement. The replacement simply didn't work, even with fresh batteries, carefully inserted. Nothing. So I returned that too.

So based on my experience, you have a 33% chance of getting a fantastic device that helps you destroy bloodsuckers for fun and profit... and a 66% chance of getting a dud you'll have to re-box and mail back to Amazon. Do you feel lucky?

Barney Butter Bare Almond Butter, Crunchy, 16 Ounce
Barney Butter Bare Almond Butter, Crunchy, 16 Ounce
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Odd texture, dull taste, added palm oil -- it's far from "bare", July 26, 2014
This product has the texture of a low-end peanut butter like Skippy, with the attendant Crisco-like feel on my tongue. Maybe it's the palm oil, but it doesn't have that great almond-y taste I crave. I am not a fan of making an ultra-smooth almond butter and then throwing big chunks of nuts in to make it "crunchy"; it makes for a weird and unpleasant eating experience. I'm a huge almond fan and personally, I greatly prefer Justin's, which is "crunchy" -- even a little on the gritty side -- because it's not ground smooth in the first place. I've been trying all kinds of different almond butters and that's my favorite so far. Certainly won't order this one again.

Conair Styling Essentials 7" Barber Shears
Conair Styling Essentials 7" Barber Shears

5.0 out of 5 stars Micro-serrations grip the hair and make haircuts much less frustrating!, July 12, 2014
I've bought and used quite a few pairs of styling shears, from the ones that come with electric trimmers to ones purchased at beauty shops for nearly $50. These are my new favorites. Why? They're not sharper than the $50 shears, and not even quite as comfortable to hold (though they're not uncomfortable either). But they grip the hair ever so slightly as you cut, which solves the problem of the blades pushing the hair out of the scissors as they close. And that makes haircuts so much easier, faster, and more accurate for this amateur.

Bonus: These are cheap! If you cut your family's hair and you're not a pro, these are definitely worth a try.

Rayovac PS72-BT6 2 Hour Power Micro USB Model
Rayovac PS72-BT6 2 Hour Power Micro USB Model
Price: $6.97
28 used & new from $2.41

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, if you understand its purpose, May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is really for emergency power, not for regular use. It's the kind of thing you put in your bag or car to ensure that, in the event of an emergency, you can at least make a few calls and texts. Having lived through a couple disasters during which cell use was near-impossible due to system overload, I can tell you that even if you keep your battery charged, you can end up with a drained battery pretty quickly under the right circumstances.

It works fine -- seems to give juice as soon as it's plugged in. Since it's not rechargeable, I wouldn't use it except in emergencies. On the other hand, it's cheap, so you get what you pay for. I can tell you from experience -- when your phone is dead, or near-dead, and you really need it -- you'd gladly pay anything for just a bit more power. So overall, I'd rate this a pretty good deal.

Intertape Polymer Group IG235 Iron Grip Duct Tape, 1.88 in x 35 yds, Black
Intertape Polymer Group IG235 Iron Grip Duct Tape, 1.88 in x 35 yds, Black
Price: $15.23
10 used & new from $8.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good tape, different from the usual silver stuff, May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
How is this different from the standard "duck tape" you'll find at the hardware store? First, it's a good deal thicker, and you're better off cutting it than trying to tear it. Second, it has a somewhat smoother surface. Third, it's a bit less flexible/more stiff. Fourth, the adhesive is less goopy and doesn't seem to bleed slightly out from under the edge of the tape the way it can with regular duct tape.

Are those good qualities? Honestly, for taping up actual ducts, probably not. But so many people use duct tape for everything but taping ducts, and I think this tough, slightly stiffer, smoother, less goopy tape would be ideal for some household uses -- I've used it to wrap handles of tools, repair a cut garden hose, and connect the bottoms of carpet squares to each other. and I've been very satisfied.

Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Instant Therapy, 2 Ounce
Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Instant Therapy, 2 Ounce
Price: $6.79
7 used & new from $6.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, very soothing non-Rx alternative, May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you have eczema, you probably know you won't get real relief except with a steroid cream or ointment, preferably a prescription-strength one. However, sometimes steroids are not appropriate -- for example, for a child who is apt to stick hands in mouth. That's where this cream is an excellent alternative. My child, thank goodness, does not have eczema, but I have periodic flare-ups. This cream is incredibly soothing the moment I put it on -- I think it's the colloidal oatmeal, which always seems to calm my tormented skin. The texture is smooth and emollient, and there are no ingredients like fragrance or color to set off any further irritation.

I can't recommend this as a primary eczema therapy, but for anyone who is avoiding steroids, or wanting a gentle, therapeutic cream for between steroid applications, this is an excellent choice.

Medialink Wireless-N Broadband Router with Internal Antenna - 2.4GHz - 802.11b/g/n - Compatible with Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP / Mac OS X / Linux (300 Mbps) [Discontinued Model]
Offered by Hi-Tech Media Inc
Price: $25.50
26 used & new from $6.96

1.0 out of 5 stars This company is hiding the truth from you, May 8, 2014
Criticize the performance of this router, and get legal threats? Obviously, this company is hiding the truth about its performance. Every product with a large number of Amazon reviews gets a few negative ones. Most companies ignore them, knowing that their overall score will barely be affected. Some companies respond in the review comments and offer to address the problems. Why is Mediabridge trying to censor negative reviews, instead of using them to improve their products and service?

Kinda makes you wonder how legitimate all those positive reviews were in the first place, huh? And makes you wonder what would happen to you if you had a problem with the product yourself...

Olde Thompson 4-Inch SS Combo Peppermill and Salt Grinder
Olde Thompson 4-Inch SS Combo Peppermill and Salt Grinder
Price: $26.09
2 used & new from $26.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasted for years, and the company replaced it when it finally died, April 25, 2014
I've had 4 of these for at least 5 years. I keep one at the office, one in the kitchen, and one in any room I eat in. The pepper grinder is by far the best I've used at anywhere near this price. I use it a ton for cooking, because it's effective enough to make a couple of tablespoons of ground pepper with very little effort. I went through several other pepper grinders before I found one that would grind in quantity without giving me hand or wrist cramps.

Another bonus of this grinder is that it's very easy to fill, and very easy to keep clean. There are no hidden little nooks where gunk can hide. I just wipe it off with a microfiber cloth and it looks brand new. It's tough, too, which is nice, because mine get dropped occasionally. So far, I've never dented one.

After 5 years of constant use, my kitchen grinder finally wore out and wouldn't grind any more. I decided to send it back to Olde Thompson, following the instructions on their Web site, and see if they would honor their lifetime warranty. They sent me back another brand new grinder in about a week! Very impressive customer service -- I'm certainly more likely to buy another one of their products now that I know they will stand behind them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20