Profile for Jeddy 3 > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 366

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeddy 3 RSS Feed
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cuisinart CMM-232 Flavor Injector
Cuisinart CMM-232 Flavor Injector
Price: $17.99
4 used & new from $11.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Only injects liquids -- don't try it with herbs, spices, etc., April 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Once upon a time, the Cuisinart name was your guarantee of high quality kitchen items. Now, not so much. Their products today are often cheaply made, and the performance can be hit-or-miss. This flavor injector is a case in point. To test it, I mixed up a small batch of olive oil with a spice-rub mix that had little bits of thyme and other herbs ground very small. I attempted to draw the mix in with the larger needle. It clogged instantly and just wouldn't go. There was nothing big and chunky in the mix, but it wouldn't work. What little did go in leaked from the top of the needle when I tried to inject it. Just a mess.

I figured out why it didn't work: the hole at the bottom of the injector body, where the needle screws in, is much smaller than the width of the needle. That's a really dumb way to engineer your product. I have another flavor injector that allows you to inject much bigger items, like ground garlic in oil, and that's the one I'll stick with. Cuisinart, get with the program before your brand name is permanently tarnished!

Now Foods Iron 18mg Ferrochel, Veg-capsules, 120-Count
Now Foods Iron 18mg Ferrochel, Veg-capsules, 120-Count
Price: $8.52
19 used & new from $5.02

5.0 out of 5 stars A great option for low-dose iron, April 23, 2015
Love these low-dose iron tabs. You definitely don't want to overdose on iron, but by the same token you don't want to be running a deficiency. I take one of these tabs every other day just to be sure I'm getting enough. They're plain gelatin capsules, easy to swallow, with no weird taste. Most importantly, they don't cause any bad gastrointestinal effects. If you don't need a high dose of iron, try these instead of Slow-Fe or other expensive formulations.

Jolly Rancher Hard Candy, Blue Raspberry Flavor, 88 Ounce
Jolly Rancher Hard Candy, Blue Raspberry Flavor, 88 Ounce
Price: $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with Jolly Ranchers, April 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Jolly Ranchers are the reliable standbys for any lover of hard candy. I've never had a bad Jolly Rancher flavor. Their flavors tend to be very vivid, and Blue Raspberry is no exception. This flavor reminds me a bit of strawberry, and doesn't have the sourness I would expect of a raspberry flavor. It's sweet, very fruity, and well-rounded. The bag is huge. I estimate there are at least a few hundred candies in it. This amount of candy would be perfect if you have a public candy jar or bowl that needs frequent refilling, or if you have a lot of trick-or-treaters coming round.

Custom Pokemon Pillowcase Standard Size 20x30 Cotton Pillow Case P851
Custom Pokemon Pillowcase Standard Size 20x30 Cotton Pillow Case P851
Offered by Rainstorm
Price: $15.50
9 used & new from $12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A total disappointment. Avoid this ripoff piece of junk. (See photo), April 21, 2015
Wow, this is garbage. The photo I put in the review really speaks for itself. The picture on the pillowcase is so incredibly blurry and low-res it would be hilarious, except that I paid upwards of 20 bucks and waited weeks for it, hoping to give my Pokemon-loving boy a wonderful surprise. The pillowcase is poorly constructed and badly sewn, with tangled loose threads dangling off. A scam, and total junk.

A note on the photo: It is perfectly in focus! That blurry mess is what the pillowcase actually looks like.
Comment Comment | Permalink

horst Men's Classic 5 Pocket Denim Slim Fit Jeans
horst Men's Classic 5 Pocket Denim Slim Fit Jeans
Offered by Majdell Group
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic style in sturdy vintage-weight fabric, April 13, 2015
These have the good old classic 5-pocket straight-leg fit of old-school Levi's 501s, but in a really nice, heavy, high-quality denim that most Levi's don't have any more. Very satisfied. One unusual thing to note: The denim color is not quite the dark neutral navy I'm used to. There's a sort of aquamarine tint hiding in there somewhere -- it's just a tiny tiny bit on the green/yellow side of blue. Not a bad thing, just a little uncommon. Great jeans overall.

Columbia Women's Benton Springs II Long Hoodie, Charcoal Heather, Small
Columbia Women's Benton Springs II Long Hoodie, Charcoal Heather, Small
Price: $19.06
4 used & new from $19.06

5.0 out of 5 stars A great coat and a great deal, April 11, 2015
This is a steal for anywhere around 20 bucks. Columbia quality, very warm, flattering tailored fit, easy to wear, soft. The below-hip length makes it extra cozy and the wind won't blow up your shirt. Perfect for those muddy spring (or fall) activities where you need a warm, wind-resistant coat that's washable too.

Renzo Fontanelli Women's Walts Pump
Renzo Fontanelli Women's Walts Pump
Price: $86.86 - $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely gorgeous, striking -- and really fits narrow feet!, April 10, 2015
AAAA width shoes that are gorgeous and classy! Yes, please! These are beautifully crafted, with a very attractive but walkable heel. The snakeskin pattern is perfect and really does look like snakeskin. I got the Namibia Moon pattern and it fairly glows. There's not much these shoes won't go with, either, because of the neutral color and dark grey veining.

If you also suffer from way-too-narrow heels, I highly recommend this brand to you -- the narrow is truly narrow and doesn't flip off my heel when I walk. I will be be on the lookout for more Renzo Fontanelli shoes in AAAA.

Schimmel Glow in The Dark Snow Leopard 550 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
Schimmel Glow in The Dark Snow Leopard 550 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
Price: $9.99
5 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly challenging, vibrant and beautiful, April 10, 2015
My 9-year-old son and I have been working our way through these Schimmel glow-in-the-dark puzzles with tiger art. This is our third. We got through the previous ones in 2 or 3 weeks, doing 10 or 20 minutes on most evenings. But not this one -- it's absolutely diabolically hard. Something about the paint strokes and colors makes it just fiendishly difficult. Every piece is a struggle. We can easily sit staring at this for 20 minutes and find only 1 or 2 pieces to put in place.

I gave the puzzle 5 stars because it doesn't claim to be easy, and because the art is beautiful and the price is right. However, if you are doing this with a kid, or if you're not a real whiz at jigsaws, you might want to focus on some of the other similar Schimmel 500-piece puzzles, like Earth Blanket or Tiger Moon, which we found a lot easier and less frustrating for my boy.

A word on quality, since another reviewer mentioned it. Yes, this is a fairly cheap cardboard puzzle. A couple of the pieces have little raggedy bits of cardboard hanging off them. I ignore it since it doesn't affect the puzzle assembly, but you could easily trim them with scissors. And one or two in every puzzle seem to have the art slightly peeling off the backing. I also ignore this, since I Mod Podge the puzzles when I'm done and that solves the problem. However, if it bothers you, a tiny half-drop of Elmer's glue or rubber cement would solve the problem. I am not giving demerits for the quality because I think 10 bucks for a beautiful 500-piece glow-in-the-dark puzzle is a good price and at that price I don't expect the highest quality. As long as it assembles well and looks great, I'm happy.

SET Dice Game
SET Dice Game
Price: $15.29
17 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A mind-expanding challenge -- no need to let your kids win, they can beat you at it!, April 3, 2015
This review is from: SET Dice Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was a little skeptical when I first took this game out of the box, but then my 9-year-old son spotted it and screamed, "YOU GOT SET?!" He had apparently played it at camp and loved it. The directions are clear and simple, and with a few patient moments of reading, while fending off my eager boy, I had figured it out and the whole family sat down to play. The verdict: This is a really fun game. The concept is a little like Scrabble or Bananagrams, but using symbols instead of letters. The goal is to use what's already on the board to make a SET of 3 symbols, but there are many ways to do that -- all symbols the same color, no symbols the same color, one symbol of each color, all different symbols, all the same symbols, etc. That makes it very challenging, because you have to consider so many possibilities. And as with so many games that require this kind of pattern recognition, kids can easily beat adults. So it's become a regular favorite in our house, and I bet it will be one in yours too.

Bali Women's Comfort Revolution Wirefree Bra with Smart Sizes 2-Pack
Bali Women's Comfort Revolution Wirefree Bra with Smart Sizes 2-Pack
Price: $15.62 - $40.53

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfort, yes -- support, no, March 21, 2015
I've worn Bali underwire bras for decades so I thought I'd give these a try. Result: Comfort, but barely enough support to wear outside. I'm a 36 D, if that helps; certainly not small but not ridiculously huge either. If you are smaller, or if you are ok with a bit of sag and/or bounce, these might be right for you. For me, I'll probably mostly wear them when I'm spending the day indoors. It's a shame... the dream of a truly supportive bra with no underwire remains a dream.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20