Profile for Jeddy 3 > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 349

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeddy 3 RSS Feed
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cashmere Mist By DONNA KARAN For Women 1.7 oz Deodorant Stick
Cashmere Mist By DONNA KARAN For Women 1.7 oz Deodorant Stick
Offered by Elite Fragrances Co.
Price: $17.99
17 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic deodorant, worth the ridiculous price, October 26, 2014
Yep, the price of this is outrageous. But one stick lasts for at least 9 months of near-daily use for me, so it's only costing a few cents a day. Regular deodorant sticks are much cheaper, but never last this long for me. As for the scent -- well, I assume you know "Cashmere Mist" if you're considering buying this. If not, I can describe the scent in layman's terms as powdery, delicate, floral, and somehow mossy. It's subtle -- so subtle that I doubt anyone can smell this deodorant on me unless I'm sweating heavily. And if I am sweating heavily, it completely masks the scent, combining with my own smell to make a surprisingly pleasant odor. It's great to have a deodorant that doesn't reek of the dreaded "drugstore deodorant chemical smell." In short -- this is, shockingly, worth the price. With one caveat: The price of this fluctuates quite a bit on Amazon, but you shouldn't need to pay much more than $20 for it.

NYDJ Women's Gretel Trouser Jean, Black, 10
NYDJ Women's Gretel Trouser Jean, Black, 10
Price: $69.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Jean-like feel, work-friendly "trouser" look -- but run VERY LARGE!, October 26, 2014
Loved these to bits, but had to return them for an exchange because they were easily 2 sizes too large. So be aware that, between the really huge sizing and the stretchy quality of the fabric, you should order about 2 sizes smaller than your actual size.

Having said that, I highly recommend these for comfort and looks. The fabric is soft, almost peached. The black color is absolutely pitch black -- hopefully it will stay that dark, but I can't say yet. The fit is very comfy and jean-like, but you can definitely wear these with a nice blouse to make a pretty professional-looking work ensemble. Bonus: Unlike many similar-looking trousers, these can be washed, saving on dry-cleaning bills.

Overall, a great compromise for those who don't like sacrificing comfort for work-friendly style.

Donna Karan Cashmere Mist By Donna Karan For Women Anti-perspirant Deodorant Stick, 1.7-Ounce / 50 G
Offered by Perfumania
Price: $17.60
29 used & new from $17.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the ridiculous price, October 26, 2014

Sony SRSX7 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Wi-Fi Speaker System
Sony SRSX7 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Wi-Fi Speaker System
Price: $298.00
23 used & new from $149.99

3.0 out of 5 stars This would be the perfect Bluetooth speaker... if it weren't so hard to set up, October 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Sony SRS-X7, if you can eventually get it up and running, has amazingly clear, full, gorgeous sound. But that's a big "if".

As is typical with a lot of Sony black-box designs I've encountered, there is minimal user interface. The power button is the only actual moving button. The other things their instructions refer to as "buttons" seem to be just pictures of buttons. I was certain these were touch-sensitive, but no amount of tapping, touching or pressing could coax any response from the machine. As such, I could not activate the Bluetooth pairing function. I tried for several hours to get a Bluetooth connection using a number of iPhones and an iMac, and never succeeded. I emailed Sony support, but only got the automated response about how important my email is. I am still awaiting followup.

The SRS-XY, however, also has a wi-fi interface, so I decided to try that route. Unfortunately, Sony has made this a technically convoluted procedure. Other wi-fi devices I've set up can be accessed wirelessly from the outset and then added to your home network. This device must be connected by a physical Ethernet wire so you can access its settings and add your network's name and password. One huge potential problem with this is that you have to connect it directly to your computer's Ethernet port, not to a port on your router. With the newer MacBooks, and especially with iPhones, there is no such port. If you don't have a computer with an Ethernet port, I can't imagine how you'd circumvent this.

Also, it took several tries to run the firmware update on the device, since it only works via the wireless connection, and only the wired connection had any kind of interface at all to let you know what was happening, beyond the indecipherable blinking light. If you choose to do this, my advice is: just set up the wi-fi connection and disconnect the wire when the settings are changed. Then let the device figure out by itself that it requires a software updater. It will eventually light up a hidden button that says "Update." If you press and hold this "button" (unlike the Bluetooth pairing "button") for a few seconds, it will beep, and when you let go, it will run the updater. But give it a lot more than the 15 minutes Sony suggests. Give it an hour. The lack of interface can truly give you doubts that the update is actually working.

I finally did get the wi-fi connection to work, and then I had no problem connecting to it via Airplay. And it sounded really rich, with lots of volume. Possibly the best sound I've gotten from a wireless speaker to date.

But SHEESH, what a major hassle!

Disguise Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction Movie Bumblebee Classic Muscle Boys Costume, Large/10-12
Offered by TotallyCostumes
Price: $12.99
28 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my kid a very happy boy., October 17, 2014
Oh, the look of pure joy when my son saw himself in the mirror for the first time with this suit on. He's just about 9, tall for his age, and the size 10/12 fit him just perfectly. The funny thing is, he's never even seen Transformers, but he begged me for this costume just because it looks so cool. I think his favorite part of it is the fake chest and arm muscles -- instant teenage physique! The suit is soft polyester, comfortable and great-looking. It's easy to slip on and fits just tight enough. There are no gloves (they're available separately on Amazon) but the shoes issue is taken care of by a long flap at the bottom of the leg that partially covers the shoe, so as long as your kid wears black shoes, it'll look great.

If a boy who's never really been exposed to Transformers loves the suit this much, I think it'd be a huge hit for anyone who loves the franchise.

Columbia Big Boys' Steens Mt Ii Fleece, Charcoal Heather, Medium
Columbia Big Boys' Steens Mt Ii Fleece, Charcoal Heather, Medium
Price: $20.01
8 used & new from $19.80

5.0 out of 5 stars My boy adores it, and it looks great, October 15, 2014
Cozy, soft, well-cut, and nice and longish; it hits my son about hip length, which makes for a bit more warmth and also covers untucked t-shirts. My son, just about 9 and tall for his age, fits great in a Medium. His jacket is the Charcoal color, and he takes it everywhere. I love that it's easily washable, too, since it often falls, or gets tossed, onto the floor at school. If you're looking for a warm, nice-looking, well-made, durable jacket that will last a couple seasons, you found it!

TDK A12 TREK Micro NFC Bluetooth Portable Mini Wireless Outdoor Speaker - Black
TDK A12 TREK Micro NFC Bluetooth Portable Mini Wireless Outdoor Speaker - Black
Price: $49.09
11 used & new from $47.22

3.0 out of 5 stars So close to being a great compact speaker ... but not quite., October 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This little speaker has so much going for it... yet it fails to impress sound-wise. When I first opened the box, I was very taken with the form factor of the speaker. It's compact -- about the size of a palm. It's really solid, and has a super handy carabiner clip. It's advertised as weather-proof, though I haven't actually used in in wind, rain, etc. It's cute; it's attractive; the controls are simple and the ports are very well protected by a sleek rubber gasket. Connecting to bluetooth was a snap. You should know that the charger this speaker comes with only connects through USB, so if you intend to plug it into the wall, you'll need a plug adapter.

And when I first played it, I was impressed! It's got a lot of punch for such a small mono speaker. The volume was decent, but you have to crank it up at the source (in my case, my iPhone.) But then... I noticed distortion in the midrange. I tested it with all kinds of music: Dance, R&B, rock, oldies, jazz... still there. Just a sort of distant, crackly mud in the midrange. Hanging it from the carabiner seems to help a bit, but not get rid of it entirely. And I think that at this price, there shouldn't be any clearly audible distortion at normal listening volume.

But if you need a durable, light, portable speaker for an afternoon at the beach, or a picnic at the end of a bike ride, or a similar use, this could be just what you're looking for. If you're using it outside, you probably won't notice the midrange too much, and the bass & treble sound great, so you can groove out on the dock as you fish, or whatever. If you don't need the compact size and outdoor durability, there are probably better choices at this price.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2014 2:46 AM PDT

Klipsch GiG Black Portable Speaker, Black
Klipsch GiG Black Portable Speaker, Black
Price: $150.44
15 used & new from $136.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous design and impressive sound, October 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
From design to sound, this speaker is a little winner, as you would hope from a brand with a pedigree like Klipsch. The first thing you notice about this speaker is its beautiful and unusual design, somehow both retro and modern. The swing-arm functionality of this speaker is really impressive to a design geek like me. And the materials and workmanship are very pleasing. It's a pleasure to touch the curvaceous outer shell, coated in a silky rubbery substance. And I love the fact that this item actually has a big, tactile volume knob -- such an analog-style rarity in a bluetooth speaker. The design also has practical benefits. I usually use the arm as a base and swing the speaker up in a column, which seems to brighten the sound and make it more spacious.

Which brings me to the sound. Don't get me wrong; this won't serve as your home stereo unless your standards are fairly low. But for a portable bluetooth speaker, it's a pleasure to listen to. I'm fairly sensitive to distortion and harshness, which are common problems in bluetooth speakers and cause my ears to get easily fatigued. This speaker is low on both defects. The sound is rich, smooth, full, and most importantly, pleasant compared to other bluetooth speakers of its size (and those are the only speakers it's fair to compare it to).

I found the operation and the connectivity dead simple. I haven't actually timed how long the charge holds, but I can say that at a respectable volume, it lasts for hours and hours. I've never had occasion to witness it running out of gas, in fact.

The price is on the high side, yes. Part of what you're paying for is certainly the gorgeous design and materials, and the Klipsch name. But you're also getting a very satisfying and easy-to-love speaker for a hand-sized, arm-width portable.

T-fal E93808 Professional Total Nonstick Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator Oven Safe Dishwasher Safe PFOA Free Cookware Fry Pan / Saute Pan, 12-Inch, Black
Price: $25.79
64 used & new from $23.21

5.0 out of 5 stars This'll be your favorite everyday go-to pan., October 13, 2014
I've been unsatisfied with some of T-fal's recent cast-iron offerings, but I'm happy to say this is now my family's go-to nonstick frying pan. We use it pretty much every day, sometimes several times in a day, for eggs, burgers, steaks, veggies, you name it. After about 6 months, it's going strong. It's still flat and unwrapped (we have a gas range, for what it's worth) and the finish is still intact. Of course, we take proper care of it, but you nonstick users will know that's not always enough.

I don't tend to notice the Thermo-Spot, because I've been cooking long enough to know when the pan is the right temperature. To me it's kind of a gimmick; your mileage may vary, though. It certainly doesn't hurt. I just kinda ignore it.

Washing this, for me, is usually a matter of swishing boiling hot water in it while it's still hot or warm from cooking, and then wiping it with a paper towel. That usually gets it quite clean. If not, I use a nylon brush and dish soap for about 20 seconds and it's spankin' clean.

All nonstick pans fail eventually. However, this is cheap enough, and durable enough, that when it's ready to head to the landfill, I'll probably just replace it with another of the same. Glad to know T-fal is still doing something right!

One With Nature Dead Sea Mud Dead Sea Minerals Soap, 7 Ounce Bar
One With Nature Dead Sea Mud Dead Sea Minerals Soap, 7 Ounce Bar
Price: $3.09
53 used & new from $0.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing, healing, and long-lasting, October 13, 2014
This review is for the "Dead Sea Mud" variety of this soap. My skin is very prone to be dry and flaky, especially in the winter. This stuff is amazing for preventing that. It's not very glamorous-looking in the bath... looks like, well, mud. And it doesn't have much of a smell to entice you. But let me tell you, it lathers incredibly and it lasts for-honkin'-ever. Seriously, my one bar, used with a sisal washcloth in the shower, has lasted about 3 months already. It's not very expensive -- if you have dry, flaky, and/or sensitive skin, you should give it a try.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20