Profile for Rahul > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rahul RSS Feed

Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Black Diamond - Retail Packaging (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by PRO-DIGITAL(Tax Free Anywhere)
Price: $98.21
79 used & new from $52.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, March 21, 2012
Expensive but worth it. It's portable, has a good build and sounds good for a small stereo setup. Also, the LiveAudio feature is cool when properly used. Connects via bluetooth seamlessly. Also has a 3.5mm audio input port to connect to your laptop/turntable so it can act as a good external speaker set. Definitely recommended.

The Blow-Up [Vinyl]
The Blow-Up [Vinyl]
Price: $24.47
13 used & new from $17.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Great record, terrific sound, poor quality manufacturing, October 21, 2011
This review is from: The Blow-Up [Vinyl] (Vinyl)
This album is a fantastic live album where the sound hasn't been tampered with much allowing the rawness to come through completely. Having said that, it would have been nice if the record company had taken care while manufacturing the vinyls. The green vinyl skips like crazy and it's very disappointing that a brand new product does this. I'm not aware if I'm just unlucky or all the vinyl's have this problem. I exchanged this for a fresh copy from Amazon.com and that one was as bad, if not worse. I'm very disappointed with the quality of the product. It does absolutely no justice to the band.

I recommend you buy this product but don't buy it from Amazon.com because I have not had a good experience doing so. I don't know where Amazon gets its stock from but it looks like they've got a bunch of faulty products. You might find used copies on ebay that sound better. The best option would be a record store. Unfortunately, not many hold this item (at least where I live, not one store has it!).

5 stars for the music. 1 star for the product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2012 8:08 PM PST

Polaroid Studio Series Universal Compact Camera Case (Black) For The Canon Powershot SX280, SX270, SX260, SX160, SX150, SX50, A3500, A2500, A2300, A1400, A1300, ELPH 330, 320, 300, 130, 110, S100, S110, N Digital Cameras
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Adequate Cover Case, September 3, 2011
Serves the purpose well. Snug fit on the camera. No space for batteries or anything else. It is solid, sturdy and has a good quality finish. This review is for its use with the Kodak EasyShare C143 Camera.

Speedo Men's Solid Marina Volley Watershort, Classic Blue, Small
Speedo Men's Solid Marina Volley Watershort, Classic Blue, Small
Offered by LeisurePro

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Swim Shorts, September 3, 2011
This product looks (standard design, sits just above the knee) and feels good (it's baggy enough to not cling to you and slim enough to look smart). It is comfortable to wear and serves the purpose well. It dries off pretty quickly. This is for the classic blue colored shorts.

Coleman Big Sky Folding Cot
Coleman Big Sky Folding Cot

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good temporary cot, September 3, 2011
I bought this cot to use for a period of 9 months in my temporary student apartment.

I'm happy with it because:

1. It is lightweight (it weighs about 20 pounds), not bulky when packed (it comes in a 5 ft. by 2 ft. by 0.5 ft. cardboard box which is itself 1.5 ft too long for the folded size of the cot) and easy to transport (I could pull it on a trolley a distance of 1 mile without a sweat).

2. It is easy to unfold (it took me less than 10 seconds to unfold and pull out the 2" thick mattress from under the bottom where it is stored).

3. It is comfortable provided you use a big bedspread (the mattress is slippery on the cot's surface so having some of the bedspread tucked under the mattress helps. Also, surprisingly, none of the cross bars can be felt when lying down - if you sit on the bed with your butt crack right on the center cross bar, you might just feel it.)

I'm unhappy with it because:

1. It's too short for me (I'm 5 ft. 11 inches tall. This will accommodate a person up to 5 ft. 8 inches with the head on a pillow 0.5 ft. ahead of one end and the feet still just on the mattress).

Other points to consider:

1. It is quite narrow (little more than 1.5 ft.). I'm very thin so I'm ok with it. I don't roll around AT ALL. If I start off on my back on the right side of the bed, roll over my left arm onto my stomach, I'll fall off the left side of the bed.

2. It can accommodate only 100 kg according to the manufacturer. However, it looks very sturdy and might take a little more.

3. It doesn't come with a carry case. The mattress looks dusty (maybe because of the cardboard box it comes in) but seems to be reasonably clean.

Am I content with the purchase?:

Sort of. Not because it's a bad product. In fact, it's a great camping cot. However, if you are going to use it for 9 months as a temporary bed in a house, you'd be better off with the deluxe version by the same manufacturer. I would have liked to purchase that instead.

Lewis N Clark 177 Shoulder Strap
Lewis N Clark 177 Shoulder Strap
Price: $7.46
7 used & new from $4.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement strap, August 10, 2011
I bought this for use as a shoulder strap for a laptop bag that holds a 17" laptop. The strap is of decent quality, the clips are made of metal and feels sturdy. The shoulder pad is ribbed so it doesn't slide off the shoulder. It can easily carry about 5 kgs but I think it could be used to carry a little more. It is adjustable to a wide range of lengths - the maximum length being about 115 cm. But most importantly, it feels pretty comfortable.

Amongst the other replacement straps available on Amazon.com, this is one of the least expensive and consequently, good value for money.

JVC HAS700 High Quality Headphones (Silver) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
JVC HAS700 High Quality Headphones (Silver) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay headphones for the price, July 14, 2011
I bought these for $27 on Amazon.com and am quite happy with its performance. It's really quite comfortable because it sits around the ear and the speakers don't touch the ears (i.e. the cushioning is nice and thick). It is very compact and the build quality is good (i.e. it looks better than what is shown online). These have lasted me a year now and I expect it to last much longer. Then again, I take very good care of my headphones. Sound quality is just average though. The frequencies are biased towards the low end making the sound muddy (for example, while a good pair of speakers would reproduce your voice the way it sounds, these would reproduce them as if you cupped your hands over your mouth and spoke). Mid's are reasonable, high's are severely lacking. Bass performance is nothing to write home about. The cable does look a little thin and flimsy but shouldn't cause problems if handled properly. Sound isolation is good given that they are NOT noise cancelling headphones.

Suck It and See
Suck It and See
Price: $10.00
40 used & new from $4.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Good 4th LP, July 12, 2011
This review is from: Suck It and See (Audio CD)
A very good rock album. If you've listened to their other three albums, I would say this doesn't sound much like them. The album has 12 songs of which about 8 are good to very good. So, before you buy this, sample the following: Brick by Brick, The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala, Love is a Laserquest and Suck it and See. These are 4 of the 8 good songs on this album. If you like these, buy the album. If not, you'd be better off downloading individual songs on iTunes or Amazon.com.

Download: Brick by Brick, The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala

Kodak Easyshare C143 12 MP Digital Camera with 3xOptical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Silver)
7 used & new from $19.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, July 12, 2011
I wanted a camera that was inexpensive and took good quality pictures without me putting much effort into the process since I'm not a professional photographer. I was very happy with the picture quality. Apart from that, the camera looks good, is easy to operate, has a nice clear "preview" screen and doesn't require any fancy software to upload pictures onto the computer. It does come with some fancy options (like direct upload to Facebook) but I'm not interested in those and cannot comment on how they work. I have not used the camera long enough to comment on battery consumption but you can always purchase a pair of Kodak rechargeable batteries with a re-charging unit for about $8 on Amazon.com. I'd also recommend buying a camera case (I bought a Kodak hardcover case specifically for this model for about $3 on Amazon.com which fits perfectly). Go here if you wish to buy the same: Kodak EVA Hard Camera Case (Compatible: C143, C183, C195, SPORT, M1093 IS, M340, M341, M380, M381, M522, M532, M552, M580, M590, M575, M550, M530, MINI, TOUCH). Also purchase an external memory card (SD card) for use with the camera.

The only noticeable flaw in my camera is that it makes a small continuous clicking noise when it's on. But I'm okay with that as long as it doesn't affect its operation.

Verdict: Buy if you are looking for a good quality point-and-shoot camera at a competitive price.