Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Michael D. Adams > Reviews

Browse

Michael D. Adams' Profile

Customer Reviews: 185

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael D. Adams RSS Feed (Jeffersonville, IN USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Samsung CF591 Series Curved 27" LED-lit Monitor (LC27F591FDNXZA)
Samsung CF591 Series Curved 27" LED-lit Monitor (LC27F591FDNXZA)
Price: $299.00
6 used & new from $279.54

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful monitor with a few caveats, May 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Overall, the Samsung CF591 Series LC27F591FDNXZA 27" monitor is a thing of beauty. To keep this review simple, I'll break it down into two categories...

What I like...
- I like the curved screen. It's subtle and at first kind of gives you that "I just put on eyeglasses for the first time" feeling, but once you get used to it, it's actually quite nice.
- The bezel. It's very thin and does not detract from the looks of the monitor at all.
- The picture. As a computer monitor, the image is bright and crisp. Colors are vibrant, but the screen can be 'dimmed' using eye-saver mode if you are perhaps reading or typing a lot or something (not sure you want to use that for watching video). The 3000:1 contrast ratio means the whites are bright and blacks are deep. I turned down the brightness a bit as it was actually very bright by default.
- The size. Having 27" to work with adds a lot more real estate over the old 24" Dell Ultrasharp monitor I had.
- The finish. I don't see the white on the back, but the silver bezel and stand look really nice.
- The monitor included a USB cable
- The monitor will accommodate HDMI, Display Port and D-sub (analog)
- Assembly - it was very easy to connect the monitor to the base and remove the protective tape.

What I don't like...
- The base. While I like the appearance, as noted, the actual base is pretty large. Since my desk has a 'hutch' over it, the result was that my monitor sat way too close for comfort. To remedy this, I actually had to cut a section out of the back of my desk so the monitor could slide back a few inches. I would say the 'setback' (room taken behind the monitor) on this is an easy 6-8", and nearly 4" in front with a total footprint of nearly 10"+, so be aware if you are purchasing this with limited desk space. This monitor takes up a LOT of space! There is no VESA mount on the back.
- The "invisible bezel". My monitor is connected via HDMI and has a black 'border' that is approximately 1/4" on each side and the top. There is no way to expand the image to use this space. If you change the video to AV you can move it side to side, but it just goes behind this border. As such, it kind of defeats the fact the monitor has no (or limited) external bezel. That said, there is no distortion at these edges.
- Customer service. I contacted them with regard to this "invisible bezel" (border) thinking there was something I was missing. My resolution and refresh were the max supported. They were unaware of what I was talking about and just pointed me to the full manual (which is only available online). They further told me the only way to 'get rid of it' would be to connect via analog. The rep told me that with an HDMI connection, there would be a border. I can't image this is true, so I've not even tried it (not to mention analog signal would be a downgrade).
- The Speakers/sound. It's cool that this monitor has speakers, but I could not review them. As noted, my monitor is connected via HDMI. The HDMI cable goes to my graphics card. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to make the speakers play sound. I tried connected a separate audio cable from the audio-out on my PC to the Audio-In on the monitor, and STILL could not get sound. There was no way to select a sound 'source', so I'm perplexed and have given up for the time being.
- The one-button adjustment menu 'toggle' (or joystick). It can be a little tricky to get used to this. I would've preferred one button to bring up and navigate the menu, and perhaps another to select options.
- Resolution. This is nit-picky, but the monitor is HD but not 4K. That doesn't matter to me right now, but may down the road.
- The positioning of the cable inputs. Again, this might be a little picky, but I prefer when cable inputs face down, which channels the cables in that direction. This monitor has them plug straight in. With lighter cables like power this is no big deal, but the HDMI cable I used is pretty stiff and as a result it sticks out quite a bit. Just something to keep in mind if you use this on an open desktop (where you have to look at the back). An HDMI cable with a 90° connector on one end might make this better.

Overall, I really do like this monitor... it just has some frustrating points (as noted) you should be aware of before dropping $300. But on the whole, it is really nice. I am subtracting one star for the items listed above as well as the fact I had to download the manual. One note - I saw another reviewer said "An HDMI or Displayport cable is NOT included" - that is NOT true. Mine came with an HDMI cable packaged in the same wrap as the power cable. Further, the "D-Sub" port is analog (VGA), so not sure why it's indicated that is not an option. Another review commented that the monitor is wobbly... and I agree, it can be a little bit, but that largely depends on how sturdy your desk is. Mine will shake slightly if I'm doing some hardcore typing or gaming, but that has more to do with my desk than the monitor.

Panasonic WINGS Best in Class Wireless Bluetooth In Ear Earbuds Sport Headphones with Mic + Controller and Flashing LED's RP-BTS50-W (Metallic White) with Travel Case, iPhone, Android Compatible
Price: $179.99
6 used & new from $143.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice headphones, stiff price, May 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Panasonic WINGS wireless headphones had good sound and a customizable fit. It took some trial and error to get them adjusted just right (and realize that the part that goes over the ear can bend), but once I got them set up they were comfortable. The 'Safety illumination' feature is nice, as I often run at night. In general, these are great for runners and those looking for great sound and the ability to take calls while working out or working with your hands. I like to use these while mowing, too, but I still prefer over-the-ear headphones for casual listening. I had no issues with the headphones staying in place while active, an the sound was 'warm' and full. I found the range to be more than acceptable while moving around the house or yard.

The controls were generally easy to use, once I figured them out, but they were rather small for my big fingers. While they are of good construction quality, the documentation and included instructions are just pictures that I did not find very clear. It took me a bit to figure out how to turn on the safety lights and pair the headset, for example. The port cover for charging also feels a little 'flimsy' and I'm concerned about how it will hold up, long term. Those reasons, and the price-to-value factor, is why I have reduced my rating for these headphones by one star.

Overall, these are definitely worth the price for the convenience - especially for those who work out a lot. However I cannot say how they compare to other brands that offer similar features at a lower price-point.

Sleep Master Memory Foam Getaway Premier Folding Guest Bed, Twin
Sleep Master Memory Foam Getaway Premier Folding Guest Bed, Twin
Price: $259.50
6 used & new from $259.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for company!, May 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I visit my in-laws, I often have to sleep on the coach due to limited bed space for everyone. That means my wife and kids get the bed, and I get the back pain. When I saw this bed, I knew I had to try it!

Overall, the bed is surprisingly light. It's easy to maneuver and, when folded, does not take up significant space. I am 5'11" and it fits me sufficiently. The mattress is comfortable, though perhaps a bit stiff. But it's way better than the couch and was able to hold an adult male without issue.

Once done, it folds and stores away easily. Perhaps my only "wish" would be that the bed came with some kind of storage cover to keep dust, etc, from building up while not in use.

Sleep Master 6 Inch Spring Mattress, Twin
Sleep Master 6 Inch Spring Mattress, Twin
Price: $78.00
3 used & new from $77.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleep well without breaking the bank, April 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My first thought when I received this mattress was that there was no way a mattress was in that box! It's amazing to me that they can roll a mattress into a small box like that without impact. Opening the box, I found the mattress to be tightly wrapped in thick plastic and taped on each end. I had no issue pulling the tape from one end, but had to cut the other end with a knife. Once that was done, it immediately (and quickly!) flopped open.

Overall, the mattress seems to be well-constructed. It is an 'inner spring' mattress, so it can be a bit bouncy. The edges are more firm than I thought they would be, but the corners are a bit squishy. Of course, I'm a 250lb man. My 11yr old son had no issues with compression.

In many ways, this mattress reminds me of the kind you would sleep on at summer camps or in the dorm rooms at college. On one hand you could tell they were inexpensive, but on the other you really did sleep well on them! But like those dorm mattresses, today's 'deep pocket' sheets will not fit well on them. Look for more shallow/standard twin sheets. You may have trouble finding a mattress cover, but the quilted top is comfortable. You would only need one for stain protection.

Although I found it comfortable and was able to roll edge-to-edge without rolling off, t's not a mattress I would recommend for long-term adult use... most adults would find it too 'springy' and lacking of support. But for use on a solid-platform bed for kids, on a day bed or guest bed, or on a trundle bed, it's perfect. And certainly youngsters will be less discerning of how it sleeps, long term. For a mattress in this price range, you can't go wrong, not to mention the 10-year warranty. I'm curious to see how the springs hold up over the years, but this will make a perfect guest-bed mattress in my daughter's trundle (which does not have springs).

Summary - if you are buying a second mattress for a guest/trundle/bunk bed, don't waste your money buying a high end mattress for several hundred dollars. This mattress will more than suit your needs without breaking your bank. It would also be a good 'short-term' mattress for a kid's bed that you know your child would only be using for a few years. And if you get Prime shipping, the value increases. Buy with confidence.

Ruger Pepper Gel Dorm/Apartment Kit - Police Strength Keychain Pepper Gel (Max Protection - 25 Bursts) and 120 dB Door Stop Alarm (1,000 Foot Range)
Price: $19.45
6 used & new from $14.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid protection in a small kit, April 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Honestly, the Ruger "Pepper Gel + Door Stop Alarm" is two products packaged as one. So for a fair review, you would have to compare the merits of each. The combination of the two products would indeed be a good gift for a college student or someone living alone in an apartment. I can assure you that when she gets to that age, I will order one for my daughter (or give her this one). Now, to consider the merits of each...

Ruger Pepper Gel - 4 stars
This is described as 'Maximum Strength' pepper gel, and comes in a fairly small unit with a keychain on the bottom. A gel spray is better than a classic spray as it prevents blow-back in your face, and also 'sticks' to the attacker. I could think of nothing worse than spraying an attacker on a windy day and having it all blow into the face of the victim! So this spray should help eliminate that (along with shielding your face with your hand). The instructions say to test it annually with quick burst toward the ground. From my deck, I sprayed a quick burst and a fairly solid orange/red stream traveled at least 12 feet, which is what the package promises. I believe it would have gone much further than that. The reason for the red spray is that it is a 'marking dye' that will color the skin of anyone who is sprayed. This is helpful to law enforcement for identifying suspects.

Upon close inspection of the packaging, you'll find that the Ruger spray is actually made under licensing by Sabre. Sabre's sprays have been manufactured for nearly 40 years and are carried worldwide by thousands of federal, state and local police forces worldwide. The Sabre Red spray has a capsicum concentration that can provide up to 25 sprays.

The spray has a 'grip' that makes it easy to handle, and a sticker on the side that shows the expiration date (03/2020, so @4 years). The canister also has a flip top to prevents accidental activation in a pocket or purse. I do wish there were a 'safety' of some sort. We have a 3-year-old and I would be concerned if she got a hold of this spray, which my the reason for deducting one star. Something as simple as a thumb switch or button to unlatch the top would at least feel safer. That said, we're smart enough to keep it away from her.

On the whole, the pepper spray gel is very versatile. It could easily be carried in a purse or bag, or on keychain. It is lightweight and portable. It is fine for a walk in the park or woods, but I would not recommend it for running. Special sprays with hand looks, etc., can be purchased for that purpose. It is also not bear spray, and will not do anything against bears.

Door Stop Alarm - 3 stars
The Ruger Door Stop Alarm is also made by Sabre. It has a Ruger sticker on it, but that's all that sets it apart. First, the product says it has a 120db alarm. I have no way of testing this aside from saying that after hearing it for a few seconds, my ears were ringing. It is THAT loud. You will NOT sleep through this alarm! The alarm has an on/off switch, which is good for preventing accidental alarming while in luggage, etc. The non-skid pads on the bottom prevent slipping.

Generally speaking, I think this is a good product. I had some issues with it, however, that caused me to remove a star. These are:
- The alarm requires a 9v battery, which is connected via the little wires with the pad at the end like a 1980's transistor radio. I have NEVER had good luck with this kind of battery system over the years - it's too easy to break the wires. Why they didn't make it so the battery was drop-in, I don't know. It also seems it could have used a more standard AA or AAA battery. I do not trust this to hold up long term.
- The instructions say to toggle the on/off switch and that a 'quick but firm tap' on the metal cover will sound a quick chirp to indicate proper operation. This did not work - instead, it set off the alarm. I would not want to do that in a hotel or dorm room late at night!
- There is a little red LED light on top of the alarm. I have no idea what this is for. It does not turn on when the alarm is 'armed', and it does not flash when the alarm is going off. The ONLY time it flashed was when I was switching the already-sounding alarm from ON to OFF. What would have been nice is if it flashed every 5-10 seconds to show that it was armed/on (and to see it in the dark), as otherwise the only indication is the switch.
- Size/positioning. The instructions say to install the alarm with the point going under the door. But if I did that and there were enough clearance, someone could see it from the other side and possibly push it out of the way (e.g., some hotels have crazy clearance gaps under the doors). If I place it slightly back of the door, it will work, but the door can be opened enough to move it. So it's great for the alarm, but not for actually stopping someone for long if they are determined to get in.
- Non-skid base. In my testing, this worked in some places and not in others. It worked on my lighter doors where carpet or laminate flooring was installed. It did not work as well for heavier (steel core) doors on laminate or tile - those just pushed the alarm out of the way, though it did set off the alarm.

Overall, I give the entire kit 4 stars. It comes with a 90 day warranty, which is fairly generous for the price-point. As noted, it would make a great gift for a college student or for a 'nervous traveler' (like my wife) who is always afraid someone will break in while sleeping. I know the pepper spray alone will give me some peace of mind when my wife goes through walks in the park. While nobody wants to think something will happen, it's always best to be prepared.

Before the Fall
Before the Fall
by Noah Hawley
Price: $15.60
65 used & new from $11.50

4.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Summer Read, April 1, 2016
This review is from: Before the Fall (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For starters, I'll assume you've read the synopsis and thus won't go into details about the plot of the book in this review. On the whole, this was a good summer read. I enjoyed the book, but I wished it had moved faster and (without giving anything away) that the plot twist had been less predictable at the end. The characters were very well-developed with extensive back stories and motivations for their actions. In fact, I would say this is the author's strong-suit. I found the pace to be rather slow, though not dragging. It just felt like it took a long time to reach the climax of the book and then work down toward the discovery of what you pretty much realized had happened by about mid-way through. On the whole it is a very thoughtful book, though the world views of the characters could be considered dark or perhaps slightly pessimistic. And at the end, you were left wondering what the long-term outcomes were of more than a few story lines. This was a book that provokes thought, but not one that makes you miss class or call in sick to finish.

Perhaps the biggest issue I had with this book was Mr. Hawley's use of perspective. Particularly the beginning of the book, it was quite evident that the author has a screenplay writing background. The narrative would shift from the active "The man looks around the room. The lights were low. Music was playing." which seemed to be providing direction, to the passive "He thought about what had happened and how it would affect the future." (these are just examples - not actual excerpts). This was somewhat unsettling at first, but seemed to fade a bit as he worked into character development. And while the character development was good, it was perhaps a bit overboard. He spent several pages writing about Jack LaLanne, which in one part of the book had meaning for the past and future of the main character, but later pages really seemed to serve no purpose beyond perhaps a personal tribute.

Generally speaking, this was somewhat of a 'sad' book in terms of its outlook on the human condition and relative to what happens in the story. I certainly would not read it if you are on anti-depressants. But if you're looking for a thought-provoking summer read to take on vacation, you could certainly do worse than this book.

OtterBox MYSYMMETRY SERIES Case for iPhone 5/5s/SE - Retail Packaging - ROYAL CRYSTAL (CLEAR/ROYAL BLUE/BLUE ARCHES INSERT)
Price: $28.81
2 used & new from $23.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Function Meets Fashion, March 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Overall, the OtterBox 'My Symmetry' is a quality one-piece 'designer' case that offers some additional protection over standard cases, but is not quite a 'bulky' as some of the more traditional protective cases on the market. It was very easy to install the phone into the case, and it fits nicely. The case offers a nice rubberized protective edge around the face of the phone (which protects it when laid face down), and also includes some 'grippyness' on the sides. The rubber front and plastic back are molded together. The back is clear, of course, so you can see the Symmetry insert. Over time, I'm concerned this may scratch up a bit and not look so good, but we'll see. Minor scratches were evident after just a few days of use. Also, the back offers no grip to keep it from sliding while laying on the back. While this case will not offer the drop protection of a Defender case or the waterproof seal of a LifeProof case, it it nevertheless a sturdy case that should offer some decent protection from the occasional drop.

As for aesthetics, the royal blue color is nice. To me it's a bit more 'washed out' than a true royal blue (which in reality is more purple-ish), but it's a nice color. The 'My Symmetry' insert compliments the case nicely. It would have been nice if OtterBox had included a couple of options to use (instead of just one). Unfortunately, they direct you to their website to purchase additional inserts. This would be good, except that no-where on their web site (as of this review posting) can you access inserts for the iPhone 5/5s. In fact, I couldn't even find the 'My Symmetry' for this phone on their site. Perhaps they will offer this in the future, but for now I am deducting one star for the instructions not matching the availability and the lack of support/information on their site. That said, you could easily the insert as a template to cut out a photograph or print your own design on some card stock to use in the phone. Or if you're a parent, make an insert from white poster board and and let your kid color it for a unique, one-of-a-kind case.

MagnoGrip 002-757 Pro Fingerless Magnetic Glove, Large, Black
MagnoGrip 002-757 Pro Fingerless Magnetic Glove, Large, Black
Price: $16.68
5 used & new from $15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy to have around, February 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not one to typically wear gloves for all tasks... sure, when moving hay or something I'll wear them. But when working on fence, building out stalls, etc., I've not found it necessary. That said, I AM someone who is guilty of stuffing a half-dozen or more screws or nails in my mouth so I don't have to keep re-visiting the box. And I usually wear pants with utility loops, so a belt is not my style. I really don't like stuffing nails and screws into my mouth - it makes it hard to communicate with others, and truthfully, it's pretty unsafe. It's not like they're cleaned and sanitized. And loose bits of metal could always break off and get accidentally ingested.

This is where the Magnogrip Pro gloves come into play. Overall, they fit well, if not perhaps a bit snug. I'm hopeful that as they're worn and sweated in a few times, they'll loosen up a bit. If they do, I will revise this review. Although a bit tight, I was however still able to comfortably flex my hands. And speaking of sweat, the sweat-wipe on the back of the thumb is nice. I'm sure that will be helpful on hot days! The reinforced palms are also nice, and should hold up well. But the primary feature of these gloves is the magnets on the back of the hand. These are nice to have! I can now stick a few screws to my gloves, and also be able to switch between my drill bit and screwdriver bit without having to set them down somewhere. The magnet is strong enough for nails and screws, but will also hold things like small hinges, a metal (mechanical) pencil, etc.

So overall, I highly recommend these gloves for 'weekend warriors' or those who find themselves in situations where you don't have a helper (these are really handy when working on fence)! There is also a small rubber 'bump' on the bottom by the wrist with a small hole. I have yet to figure out what those are for. But for me, the biggest downside is the fact that fingerless gloves are a real pain in the rear to take off.

Lifeproof FRE SERIES iPhone 6/6s Waterproof Case (4.7" Version) - Retail Packaging - GRIND (DARK GREY/SLATE GREY/SKYFLY BLUE)
Price: $56.99
13 used & new from $44.55

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent case for active lifestyles, January 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had heard the wonders of Lifeproof cases before, but had held off on getting one for myself (primarily due to the cost). So I was fortunate to receive this sample product for review. As someone who regularly performs farm-work, and someone who swims for exercise, my phone was regularly in peril from dust, debris, and water. My previous case was grippy and I liked the form factor, but screen protection was an issue as was keeping crud out of the charging and headphone ports and speaker.

To address some of the features of this case:

- WaterProof, DirtProof, SnowProof, DropProof
I can absolutely attest to the waterproof factor. Each case is actually tested before it ships. They then recommend you perform a self-test at home before putting your phone in. This was easy and gives you the peace of mind that the case will not leak and destroy your investment (phone). I constantly had an issue with my old case getting sawdust and other grime in the ports - this case resolves that issue with simple rinse. I also work in IT and am tethered to my phone when I'm oncall. That made swimming during my oncall times difficult because I could not monitor the phone while in the water. That is no longer an issue, as I can now keep my phone poolside and check it every few laps. This is really a life-changer for me! I can't attest to the 'SnowProof' or 'DropProof' factors, as I have no real snow to test with and don't care to drop it just to see if it works, but I'm sure it would help.

- Built-in screen cover for touchscreen defense
I was really concerned about this feature of the case, as this is not an 'applied' (sticker-type) screen protector. However, I have had no issues with touchscreen functionality or with the fingerprint scanner. I do not feel as if I've lost any clarity in the phone image, though sometimes -- very rarely -- I have noticed a slight 'rainbow' effect on the screen at certain angles. But it has not been a show stopper, and I have not had any issues with the cover scratching.

- Thin, light, tough, all-protective design
The case is generally thin, but not AS thin as the phone (of course). In fact, it adds quite a bit of bulk and heft to the phone. But my reason for owning an iPhone 6 was not for the lightweight form-factor, but the technology. This case has not impeded the technical functionality of the phone.

- Complete access to all buttons, ports and features
All buttons have continued to work. For some reason this case seems to have 'reversed' the vibrate/ring button, but all other ports are accessible. The case includes a screw-in extension for the headphones, which I have not yet had the opportunity to test. The speaker, microphone, fingerprint button, volume control, and proximity sensor all work as they do without the case.

- Anti-reflective optical-glass camera lens
I have had no issues taking photos, nor have I seen any problems with the pictures I have taken.

- Slim, sleek profile follows iPhone 6/6s’ precision lines
This is perhaps the only item with which I take exception. It does not really follow the iPhone 6/6s "precision lines". The phone is very sleek, thin, and comfortable to hold. This case is more 'square', and due to the increased width is a bit bulkier to hold. If I had small hands I might find it a bit unwieldy, but as a man with large hands (and pockets), it's not an issue. The overall 'feel' of the case is a bit plasticy', but it's textured nicely. The front-facing edges are rubberized so if you lay your phone face down, it will not be directly on the screen and will not slide. This helps you take advantage of newer battery-saving features in iOS. I wish the rear-facing side were also a bit rubberized, but they are not and will slide.

Finally, with regard to the color... I really liked the Dark Gray/Slate Gray color (though my 13yo daughter said it was 'boring'). The "Skyfly blue" color is a bit feminine, more of a 'baby blue', but I can deal with it. I just tell myself it's "Carolina blue". :) But for a predominately gray case that, among the available colors, is likely to be more appealing to men (I could be wrong), it seems a different accent color might have been selected. Perhaps the bright green color, or a more muted/darker blue would have been nice.

The bottom line is this - if you are looking for a case that will truly match your active lifestyle, and you are more concerned about protecting your phone than the aesthetics of the phone itself, you can't go wrong with the Lifeproof case. And the cost of the case (roughly 10% of the phone's value) is certainly worth the investment to not only protect your phone, but to safely expand the environments in which you can use it. My daughter (a swimmer) has a Lifeproof case on her phone, and it brings a lot of comfort to the fact that she often uses it around a pool. My brother-in-law has a Lifeproof case, and has posted underwater videos. These cases CAN and WILL protect your phone!

Hunter's Specialties White Oak Acorn Cover Scent Wafers (3 Pack)
Hunter's Specialties White Oak Acorn Cover Scent Wafers (3 Pack)
Price: $10.28
36 used & new from $6.68

4.0 out of 5 stars This scent has you covered, January 11, 2016
I opened these up and put them in the plastic tub that I use to store my hunting clothes. Between shotgun season and the bonus season, I did not open the box. When I did, at first it smelled like a hippie died in the box! It was a very 'earthy' smell, almost 'patchouli-like', but not that bad. I closed up the wafers and, after airing out, the clothing actually had a nice smell. Not sure I'll put 3 in at once again, but these will be great to use as a natural scent barrier. I think cover scents work better than trying to go 'scentless', anyhow. And I might attach one of these to my pack when in the tree stand to see if it also works as an attractant. Overall a good product!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19