Profile for Cody&CalebsMom > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cody&CalebsMom "Codysmom" RSS Feed (NC)

V.Smile Interactive Learning Handheld Game
V.Smile Interactive Learning Handheld Game

4.0 out of 5 stars V Smile Pocket vs Leapster, July 3, 2005
I just purchased this item for my 5 year old son's birthday. Someone else bought him the leapster. At first I liked the Leapster as it felt a bit sturdier and the graphics seem a bit better. I let him play with each product and after playing with each myself, flip a coin. The TV plug, cheaper accessories and game cartridges, and overall simpler cartridges won me over to the vsmile. I know the Lmax is coming out to compete with the v-pocket but all of the prior released leapster games may not work on the TV with the LMax. The LMax games are also going to go up to 29.99 where the Leapster games were 24.99. The vsmile games are the same 19.99 for the pocket and original. The vsmile also recently added 11 games to its library and you can see the new ones coming in July at [...]. The games are overall a bit simpler with vsmile vs leapster and that works better for my child.He is not one of these kids who knows his letters by age 3 and he needs to know them for Kindergarten this fall. He is a very bight child, just not interested yet which seems to be common with boys. The Bob The Builder game has already helped him begin to recognize his letters and get the ball rolling. My plan is to let him use the vsmile for a year and get the basics without the frustrations. He sat here yesterday angry at the leapster but had no trouble with the vsmile. His little brother has also dropped both a few times and they are both fine. As I see it, his little brother will probably inherit the vsmile and he may graduate to the leapster max in a year or so. Maybe not. The lower cost of the vsmile will make this much easier as the vsmile pocket plus 6 games will run me about 200.00. The leapster max plus 6 games will run me 280.00 plus the case and recharger are more for the leapster. (Recharger 14.99 vs 34.99)(Case 14.99 vs 19.99) Kids get bored with these things and companies come out with new things too often to keep up with the most expensive stuff at all times.I hope this helps someone because your many reviews have really helped me. P.S.You can see the leapster max info and new game releases for leapster at [...].
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2008 7:48 PM PDT

VTech - V.Smile Smartridge Bob the Builder
VTech - V.Smile Smartridge Bob the Builder
Offered by The Recycled Way
Price: $12.00
37 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars V Smile Bob The Builder is Really Good, July 3, 2005
This is my first review and my first v smile cartridge. I just bought the v smile pocket system, case, and Bob The Builder smartridge for my 5 year old sons birthday. I did a great deal of research between the v smile and leapster and feel I made a good decision. He is 5, and I know many of you have children who know their letters and numbers, etc. My son has shown little interest in his preschool class in the letters and the leap pads were not for him. This cartridge is a very good starting point for him as he can do most of the games easily leaving his mind free to learn the info in the game. He is learning rather quickly. My 2 1/2 year old is picking up some things also so I know when my 5 year old is past this smatridge the other child will still get my money out of it. Over all, I think this is a very good game with many different features that hold my sons interest and does not frustrate him with many things he does not understand. My next purchase will be Mickey Mouse and Scooby Doo as Bob will be able to progress him to these 2. Thanks to all who wrote their review to help me make a good decision.