Profile for For Real > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 354

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

For Real "HAND" RSS Feed (NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
TopCase® Turquoise Blue Sleeve Bag Cover Case for All Macbook Air 11-inch 11" (A1370 and A1465) with TopCase® Logo Mouse Pad
Offered by Top Case
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Soft well fitting sleeve for MBA11 but has very strong odor when new, August 21, 2014
This fits my new MacBook Air 11-inch well. There is no zipper just a stiched on flap, so slipping in and out of the sleeve is not quick nor easy, but okay. But, OMG when it arrived it had this horrendous industrial or chemical odor out of packaging. I left it outside in the shade for half a day and then left in the garage for a week and it still smells bad. I plan to leave it in the garage for another week or 10 days before using it full time. I just hope it doesn't cause cancer or migraines.

Suzuki Violin School Volume 1 - Revised Edition (Book & CD) (Suzuki Violin School, Violin Part)
by Dr. Shinichi Suzuki
Edition: Sheet music
Price: $16.28
75 used & new from $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Is it necessary to print in four languages at the same time?, August 21, 2014
This thin volume is printed in 4 languages for each section, and that really causes a lot of confusion and headache in reading. This is truly bad. The writing style.. maybe from bad translation? ... is also terrible.

Innofresh Activated Charcoal Pet Odor Absorber
Innofresh Activated Charcoal Pet Odor Absorber
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $5.50
7 used & new from $5.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not appear to work, could be a packaging problem, August 20, 2014
Unfortunately I don't think this really works at absorbing pet odor. I ordered 3 of them here and when they arrived I was surprised they were not sealed in any keep-fresh packaging! In the product picture you can see there's just a plastic shell that's clued to the paper backing, and there's only one layer of shell. Packaged like all those 99-cent things you find at 99-cent stores. One of the 3 I ordered looked kind of old and there was some tape over the packaging. I wonder if when these arrived they'd already absorbed all the odor in the warehouse, etc.

I put them in the small bathroom where I keep the litter and I have not noticed any difference at all. For example I would sniff for a few seconds after cleaning the litter. Close the bathroom door. Go back after 10 minutes and sniff again. Same. Close the door and go back after 20-30 minutes. Same. This experimentation aside, I just haven't noticed any decrease in the odor.

The Cat Caller - Remote with 3 Receivers - White, Blue and Pink
The Cat Caller - Remote with 3 Receivers - White, Blue and Pink
Offered by The Cat Caller, LLC
Price: $79.80
2 used & new from $45.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but not really well made, and not loud enough when cat is truly hiding, August 20, 2014
This of course is a truly smart idea! Unfortunately I found the beeping sound not loud enough. I understand maybe if it were too loud it would scare the cat. But for this price... still expensive at Amazon's price... they should have made it just a little bit more sophisticated like if you press the button again the beep volume goes a little higher. When you press the button it beeps for about 5 seconds. It's the kind of beep that's easily muffled by blankets. For a cat locator they should have made this a little better. My cat stays indoors and my house is not big so I cannot comment on the distance, but once it did not go off the first time I pressed the correct button. Pressing again worked. The receivers are small and feel cheaply made. The so-called ID tags are so small that you can't even fit your phone number on one line.

Pacman Apple MacBook Pro Vinyl Decal Sticker (Available for 11, 13, 15, 17 inch and Air)
Offered by Superior Printing
Price: $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to dress up your Macbook without fuss, August 18, 2014
Great design, really easy to apply, fast shipping and excellent customer service. They send you all the decal parts you see in the picture. To use them all you need a 15 incher. Of course you can always make your own arrangement to your own liking!

Fellowes I-Spire Series Pencil & Phone Station, White/Gray (9381301)
Fellowes I-Spire Series Pencil & Phone Station, White/Gray (9381301)
Price: $21.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and simple, solves real world problems, August 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like this product a lot! My kids' desk has always been a mess, and still is and will be. But it never occurred to me to find a stationery station like this! Then I lucked out when I had a chance to receive this pencil and phone station for review. It's a compact organizer with a shallow cup in the back for paper clips, a front pocket for holding an iPhone and having a slot at the bottom for the charging cable, and a deep cup compartment in the middle for pens, pencils, small rulers, erasers, etc. etc. It's well built and the layout well thought out. It also sits sturdily on the desk, and the phone's cable can be routed from the bottom to the back. It's a simple organizer but I'm amazed how it solves a real problem I was having.

Mendini 4/4 MV400 Ebony Fitted Solid Wood Violin with Hard Case, Shoulder Rest, Bow, Rosin, Extra Bridge and Strings - Full Size
Price: $98.02
5 used & new from $80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of bang for the buck and you get a quite decent violin, nicely made with accessories, August 14, 2014
We haven't had this for long so this review for now is just about initial impressions. And those impressions have been totally positive! The violin itself feels good quality. I say so because I spent a lot of time looking at violins for my son. This one also looks it has a very nice finish. My baby dropped it by accident and it ended up fine. The tuning pegs and fine tuners all work fine. I downloaded an iOS app called Tuner by plusadd and we can tune the four strings perfectly now. The soft case is simple but attractive, and you get two bows. The bows can be better quality but so far the one we use is fine. You also get a shoulder rest, an extra bridge, a round rosin, extra strings, etc. Talk about value! We're not rich so we're very happy with this kit so far. Of course only time will tell if this is will be a solid instrument. But at this price it's good for beginners. I'm glad that the company says they QA every violin in LA before shipping them to amazon for resale.

Fender FT-004 Chromatic Clip-On Tuner
Fender FT-004 Chromatic Clip-On Tuner
Price: $8.99
39 used & new from $5.83

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for violins, August 14, 2014
I bought this for my son's violin and this is clearly not really designed to be used on violins. The instructions are really poor. It does not clip on the scroll securely, and is very hard to read even when clipped. I cannot comment on its usefulness on guitars. I ended up getting an inexpensive iOS app called 'Tuner by plusadd' for less than half the price of the Fender and it works like a real Korg chromatic tuner on the iPad and iPhone.

The NEW LEGEND OF SHAOLIN
The NEW LEGEND OF SHAOLIN
Offered by SEE IT OR READ IT
Price: $4.99
12 used & new from $3.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Really entertaining movie, but DVD I got may be bootlegged copy with dub and poor video, August 14, 2014
This review is from: The NEW LEGEND OF SHAOLIN (DVD)
This movie was made 20 years ago when Jet Li was still young, probably at his physical peak. It's a fun kung fu film about a man revenging for the slayings of his family and friends. The little kid who plays his son can do a few showy kicks, and there're some funny moments between father and son. The action sequences are nonstop. Even though they're truly over-the-top, more so than many other kung fu flicks, they're fun to watch, as long as you don't take things seriously. I'm no kung fu film lover, but my kids love this film and have watched it over a dozen times. I like it, too.

That said, the DVD I ordered from seller dealcatcher2014 appears to be a bootlegged copy. It's an English dubbed version, with no subtitles, even though my media player reports the presence of a Japanese subtitles track but it's not visible! The back of the jewel case mixes English with Chinese and then gives the specs in Japanese! Video quality is quite poor, reminiscent of VCD quality. The English dub is okay but sound quality is poor. It's cheap, but high-quality DVDs for A-list American and HK movies that sell for the same or less can be found everywhere.

Silicon Power 64GB Blaze B30 USB 3.0 Swivel Flash Drive R/W up to 120/50 MB/s, Black (SP064GBUF3B30V1K)
Offered by Silicon Power USA - Deal Site
Price: $69.99
3 used & new from $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast USB 3 speed but gets really really hot, August 13, 2014
This is a fast USB 3 flash drive. Even though the packaging does not say it works with Macs, I've used two of this successfully on my Macs running Mavericks. The drive does get S-U-P-E-R hot after copying files for more than 10 minutes!! Really hot. I've never experienced this with another flash drive. Maybe it's the metallic cover. Also, the drive comes formatted as FAT32. This is bad for Mac users because FAT32 limits single file size to 2GB only! I formatted one of them into ExFAT and the other native Mac OS format. ExFAT works on Windows too so it's cross platform compatible whereas native Mac format is the most efficient and can even be set to be encrypted.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20