Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Headphones for Everyone Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Profile for Tanstaafl > Reviews

Browse

Tanstaafl's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1087

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tanstaafl RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
T-fal RK705851 10-In-1 Rice and Multicooker with 10 Automatic Functions and Delayed Timer, 10-Cup, White
Offered by Consumer Bargain
Price: $64.99
17 used & new from $64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a keeper., May 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First impression upon opening box and removing the Multicooker: “Wow!”

This just looks like something that you want to have in your kitchen. Of course, looks can be deceiving. Putting it to use is required. So, what does it take to use it? Wash the pot, steaming basket, implements and measuring cup. Read the manuals (two: operations; recipes). Plug it in. Add ingredients. Press appropriate buttons. Simple. And, ta-da! It has a handle. A big whopping handle that lays flat around the back edge of the cooker and out of the way when not in use. Moving this around is a snap. Great idea T-fal.

The multiple functions allow a range of things to be cooked – from stew to yogurt to cheesecakes. Hows that for a variety? And, the recipes are real world, even if there aren't very many. Even I can make modifications to make use of what we have and what we like in place of the don't haves and/or don't likes.

This has a lot of options but is easily figured out. It is necessary to actually read the pretty helpful operations manual and pay attention to the details in the recipes while learning how this really works. We have been pleased with our results to date though we will make a few changes the next time we make them. Those changes are just due to preferences rather than dislike for their way of doing things. For example the vegetable soup recipe needs more soup for the quantity of vegetables. Their recipe came out as a thick stew more than a soup – and we like both. The rice turned out great.

We are looking at our inventory of small appliances to see which can go into the next yard sale. That's as good a recommendation that I can make since we have been pleased with those that will get the boot. Very nice product.

Bissell Smart Details Brushwares Squeegee
Bissell Smart Details Brushwares Squeegee
Price: $13.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing in action., May 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It isn't that this squeegee doesn't work at all, rather that it only sort of works at all. Using it on the shower door only removed about half of the water. Using it on the shower walls produced slightly better results, but only slightly. I brought in the twenty year old one I keep in the car and it did the job. The difference is the stiffness of the edge on the Bissell. It won't flex to actually be a squeegee.

A product whose entire reason for being produced is to clear water from a surface should be able to do that in such a way that water doesn't get left behind. Kinda working for this type of product is worse than not working at all. Why bother if you have to follow its use with another that does the job?

Ortho Flower, Fruit and Vegetable Insect Killer with Comfort Wand, 1-Gallon (Garden Insecticide)
Price: $18.56
14 used & new from $16.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Ortho stuff works., May 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is one of those brands that I have trusted for a long time. They help and don't damage the plants (if used appropriately). We've already had bugs on the veggie plants this year and can't seem to find stuff we had left over from last year, though neither one of us could possibly have thrown it away (I know that I didn't!).

This is pre-mixed and ready to be used. The battery powered wand works great. I have shoulder problems and carrying around one of these gallon jugs when pretty full is a chore. So, I strap the bottles to a two wheeled dolly to push around to where I need it. Spray directly on the plants. It is safe on edibles (wash before eating). Repeat treatment as needed. Works well on roses to get rid of aphids.

If you have the problems listed in the product description, then give this a try. The battery powered wand is a convenient way of distributing the product without making your hand tired squeezing a spray pump.

Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge: A Novel
Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge: A Novel
by Paul Krueger
Price: $9.60

4.0 out of 5 stars In case of emergency, drink this., April 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While hanging out in bars can cause vision as well as other problems, not many such places are known for their lifesaving abilities. Neither are they known for being places of magic other than possibly turning a four into a ten, even if only for a short amount of time just before the doors are locked for the night. Couple such magic with not-so-nice things from somewhere wanting to interfere with normal human existence and you end up with the events described herein.

Our characters, with their various abilities, take on those nasties while dispensing libations during their regular shifts. They save those special drinks for themselves when only the best can bring out the best in them. The book even has recipes for the special sauces, but I wasn't able to make them quite right, I guess. Though there is this strange twitching … uh … never mind.

Strange, funny, and messy. Just another light-hearted romp through life as a magic pouring bartender. Or, is that a bartender pouring magic? How about barmagic? Magista? You may need to pay more attention to those things you “think” you see after too much partaking of the spirits. Once I got the drift of things, quite a bit of the story was predictable. Enjoyable urban fantasy.

Ortho Ant and Roach Killer, 16 oz
Ortho Ant and Roach Killer, 16 oz
Price: $10.69
7 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., April 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Living in the South makes you get accustomed to having bugs on a year round basis. And they all want to be indoor bugs rather than outdoor ones. We keep a can of this type spray beside the doors that go outside and spray around the frame on a regular basis.

Just a squirt from this and it's goodbye ants (fortunately we don't have roaches). Ortho works for both helping plants stay healthy and getting rid of pests you don't want around. Good stuff.

BLACK+DECKER ICR2020 Vitessa Advanced Steam Iron with Nonstick Cord Reel
BLACK+DECKER ICR2020 Vitessa Advanced Steam Iron with Nonstick Cord Reel
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The old one that we both liked is heavier, April 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Key factors to our liking it:

Light weight. The old one that we both liked is heavier.
Uses tap water.
Retractable cord.
Smooth plate.
Self-cleaning feature.
Large end plate for stable vertical standing.

What we don't like as much:

To be announced (if we find any).

Bottom line: With sixty years plus of ironing experience (each), we're impressed.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Heat Resistant to 425 Degrees, Everyday Kitchen Basic  Oven Mitt, 6 x 11", Set of 2, Gray
DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Heat Resistant to 425 Degrees, Everyday Kitchen Basic Oven Mitt, 6 x 11", Set of 2, Gray
Price: $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Work, but very stiff., April 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a combined review for the oven mitts and pot holders. These are a combination of 100% cotton (body), 100% polyester (fill), and 100% neoprene synthetic rubber (outer pad). They can hold hot stuff from the oven without pain up to (supposedly) 425 degrees. But, due to the rubberized (synthetic) area, they are difficult to use because they aren't flexible. These will let us get rid of some old ones that are falling apart, but will be part of the JV rather than 1st string.

Viva Labs High Absorption CoQ10 with BioPerine®, 200mg, 90 Veggie Softgels
Viva Labs High Absorption CoQ10 with BioPerine®, 200mg, 90 Veggie Softgels
Offered by Viva Naturals
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars CoQ10 recommended by doctor for me., April 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our cells make CoQ10 which works as an antioxidant and can help with healing and other problems. The supplement comes in different strengths and is usually taken once per day. Per my doctor's recommendation, I've been taking 200mg each day for years. I have no idea how much help it is, but he says to keep taking it – so I do. As with everything else, there are possible side effects, so check with your doctor before starting, stopping or changing dosage.

Bora 543056K WTX Clamp Edge and Saw Guide Kit, 50"
Bora 543056K WTX Clamp Edge and Saw Guide Kit, 50"
Price: $51.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good guide with the long clamp., April 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a previous generation 50” Bora clamp (which of course can't be used as an extension on this newer model). It works well for long cuts when I remember to let the saw do the work and don't push too hard against the clamp edge. This new model is wider and adds a feature that I really, really like. I have spent way too many hours making various add-ons for tools over the years and appreciate one that helps me make fewer errors. Of course, the longer the cut, the more opportunity to goof up.

The guide, once the saw is in place, is a real help for long cuts. While the device works well, do watch the video at the top of this product page. The printed materials that are enclosed are very helpful and self-evident – if you already know how to set it up. By themselves they are horrible.

What cost this a star is that the guide is ridiculously difficult to open even by today's standards and there are two small things inside that will fall out and get lost. One is a bolt to attach a guide for the guide somehow that is LOOSE in the packaging! The other is the guide for the guide that is totally different in design from that shown in the video. C'mon Bora, this is meant to be used away from the computer and shouldn't require a video to see how to put it together. And, don't just throw in very small parts as if it's an afterthought.

Ortho Flower, Fruit and Vegetable Insect Killer Concentrate, 32-Ounce (Garden Insecticide)
Price: $12.50
17 used & new from $11.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Ortho stuff works., April 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

Mixing is easy enough if you have a sprayer tank of some size or another (about 1.5oz per gallon of water). Spray directly on the plants. It is safe on edibles (wash before eating). Repeat treatment as needed. Works well on roses to get rid of aphids.

Now, where can I store it that I will remember?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20