Profile for arnaud lacour > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 38

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

arnaud lacour RSS Feed (Denver, CO)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Synology DiskStation 2-Bay 6TB (2 x 3TB) Network Attached Storage (NAS) (DS213j 2300)
Price: $758.47
8 used & new from $603.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed. Continues to exceed my already high expectations., April 16, 2014
I was a doubter. So many good reviews that I thought it might be that the average customer's expectations were really low. I was particularly concerned by the lack of CPU power of the ARM chip on this model and the 512MB of memory. I mean, seriously, phones have more memory than that these days.

I stand corrected. Despite being seemingly underpowered on paper, it hasn't let me down at all. I should say that I am probably stretching it a bit too because I use actively most features:
- I have 3 cameras setup to record upon motion detection which takes a lot of network bandwidth. It does take less CPU than I would have imagined. I did buy 2 extra licenses as it only comes with one camera license.
- I use the file sharing feature for work to make video tutorials available to my customers
- I use it to backup with Time Machine
- I use it as my mail server. simple to setup.
- I plugged 2 external USB drives to it. it recognized and mounted them right away. no fuss.

With every new interaction I have with it I discover a neat feature.
Yesterday, I found out that it provides the ability to drag and drop videos from my desktop to the file station page in my browser, which automatically places the file in the upload queue. genius.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2014 6:33 AM PDT

Emerson Auto LED Parking Signal
Emerson Auto LED Parking Signal
Offered by It's All For the KIDS!
Price: $15.64
10 used & new from $15.64

5.0 out of 5 stars seemingly cheesy but actually useful, August 22, 2013
when parking the car in the garage, the car always ends up begin parked all the way or so close to the garage door that we can open the trunk anymore. Some people hang a tennis ball to the garage ceiling that you bump the windshield into.
I found this.
When I got this my wife rolled her eyes and made some jokes.
Now that we've had it for a little over a month, I can say that despite being a little cheesy with the blinking leds, it really *is* useful.

I used double-sided tape to maintain it in place. if you don't, it will get pushed a little bit further back every time the car nudges it.
with that, the car is now perfectly parked every time.

Korky 2011BP Hinge Flapper For Kohler Toilet Repairs
Korky 2011BP Hinge Flapper For Kohler Toilet Repairs
Price: $6.55
30 used & new from $3.38

5.0 out of 5 stars pop it in and stop that leak, August 22, 2013
In one of my old kohler rialto toilet water tank, the previous flap had become porous (kohler quality no doubt) and the tank kept refilling ever 10 minutes or so. It was going on non stop and since said toilet is the one in our master bathroom, I couldn't help but hear it refill all night. That alone was irritating but the worst part is obviously the copious amount of water being wasted in the process.

I replaced the flap with this one. The installation was painless and took all of one minute.
No leak anymore!
brilliant. And deliver was prompt, as always.

Kohler 84999 Toilet Seat Anchor Kit
Kohler 84999 Toilet Seat Anchor Kit
Price: $25.86
11 used & new from $23.81

3.0 out of 5 stars outrageously priced but more convenient than running around home depot or loewe for an equivalent part, August 22, 2013
It boggles my own mind that I went through with this purchase.
I have a pair of kohler rialto which is arguably the worst design for any toilet known to man but I digress.

Bear in mind that in order to *remove* the previous broken seat I had to bust out the power hacksaw to saw them off. Picture that.

After that mess was over, I was looking at those two stupid molly anchors spinning in their hole.... which of course I ended up drilling through.

At that point, I could either run to the store to get "some" molly anchors or get these ones.
These ones fit and do the job and the kit comes with the tools to hold the anchors in place while bolting the seat down.

It works but it is a kludge. Kohler should provide these anchors for free to its customers as an apology for a disarmingly bad design.

Next time the seats need to be replaced I will simply change the toilet altogether, and it won't be with a kohler.

General Electric MWF Refrigerator Water Filter
General Electric MWF Refrigerator Water Filter
Price: $38.88
53 used & new from $32.39

5.0 out of 5 stars genuine replacement part, no bad taste, and mercury filtering, August 22, 2013
The nice thing about buying the more expensive genuine part is that it does take some of the purchase stress out of the process. I researched what my options were for water filters and as it turns out, this is the best I found as it filters the most contaminants out of the water feed.
Watch out for some cheaper options as some of them don't really filter anything.

Braun Series 1 Combi 11b Replacement Head Pack, 1 Count
Braun Series 1 Combi 11b Replacement Head Pack, 1 Count
Price: $20.27
27 used & new from $12.86

5.0 out of 5 stars fits right in, sharp blade revived my razor, August 22, 2013
I have had a Series 1 braun shaver for 10 years or so.
This kit fits right in and allowed me to keep using the same razor all these years.
I get this product every 6 months.
Like oil in your car, it just needs to be changed to get that silky smooth shave again.

Senseo Coffee Pods, Kona Blend, 16 Count (Pack of 4)
Senseo Coffee Pods, Kona Blend, 16 Count (Pack of 4)
Price: $22.18
6 used & new from $22.18

2.0 out of 5 stars Kona blend must be light, August 22, 2013
This is one of those things where the expectations might need to be realigned.

Kona coffee has a very distinctive taste and it just doesn't come strong in these pods.
If you're looking for the Kona treatment, it might be a better idea to get kona beans and make your pods.

Stovetop Extender SE24BLA Oven Gap Guard (Pack of 2)
Stovetop Extender SE24BLA Oven Gap Guard (Pack of 2)
Offered by Oven Solutions
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars on cooktop if used twiec daily for actual cooking. It adheres well, has not come off yet, August 22, 2013
I read reviews that stated that it "melted" or something and I must say I am thoroughly skeptical.
We're not a microwave household, we cook everything and the stove is used everyday for lunch *and* dinner.
We do not eat out much either, once or twice a month.
With all the cooking that gets done in our kitchen, if it had any remote chance of melting, it would have by now.
I'm not saying some people's didn't melt. I'm saying this product, unless defective upon deliver, has basically no reason to melt.

In our case, the one we got fits the bill, is level between our granite counter and our cooktop for a nice looking continuous surface and no more spills in the crack.

Couldn't ask for better.

Evolution Robotics Mint Plus Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner, 5200
Evolution Robotics Mint Plus Automatic Hard Floor Cleaner, 5200

3.0 out of 5 stars good idea, effective cleaning but 2 deal breakers, August 22, 2013
I have ordered this to see if it would make our life easier keeping floors clean.
the short of it: no.

the long story:
Being unashamedly an alpha geek, I bought this knowing full well that my wife would moan about it the whole time, but wanted to see if it would convince her of its usefulness.
After unwrapping the amazon box, she burst out laughing. Not listening to the sarcasm, I set out to read the manual, or skim through it would be more accurate, prepped the little bugger and set it loose in the dining room. Our house is entirely tiled but for the bedrooms so I figured it would be useful in more places than one. After this first test, my wife was surprised by how quiet it was but couldn't help but note that it does take the robot forever to cover ground.

Fast forward a month later and we are returning it. Why?
a) if you don't block out the room with a broom stick, a downed chair, some sort of bar (I used a curtain rod cardboard box a few times) or something, it will wander off. So you have to "prepare the room" before you let the little guy loose, which ends up taking nearly as much time as wiping the floor yourself. something like roomba invisible wall would have been a game changer for me.
b) it does not come back to recharge itself. being that the charge level isn't displayed, mint will die off in the middle of its task. Instead of coming home to clean floors, you have a dead gremlin in the middle of the kitchen.

Overall, I would say that it is very convincing and does a good job at cleaning. It picks up a lot of stuff and in a lot of cases you could really just let it do its job for routine cleaning.
However, for us, the cons outweighed the pros.

Day Watch (English Subtitled) [HD]
Day Watch (English Subtitled) [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars intriguingly dark, a bit complex, July 25, 2013
I went in without having ever heard about this movie and I thought it wasn't bad. Actually, it's better than that. It's all in russian with english subs and it sort of gives it a nice touch.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4