Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for Synth Pop Fan > Reviews

Browse

Synth Pop Fan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Synth Pop Fan RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Bunion Protector with Attached Toe Separator, Pack of Four
Bunion Protector with Attached Toe Separator, Pack of Four
Offered by ShookLLC
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bunion protectors and you get 4!, August 25, 2015
I developed a small bunion probably from ice skating and needed some bunion protection and help to prevent it from getting worse. This protector had good reviews so I thought I'd give it a try. It seems to do the trick and so far appears quite durable after regular use over several weeks. It's comfortable and relatively easy to put socks over them. Also it's soft and deformable so it does not interfere when wearing different kinds of shoes. A nice bonus with this particular one is that you get four (4) of them! That makes it well worth it. I might use another one on the other foot during skating to prevent bunion formation.

Magnetic Custom Clip on Sunglasses (Dark Grey)
Magnetic Custom Clip on Sunglasses (Dark Grey)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CUSTOM clip-ons for Silhouette glasses, March 17, 2015
These clip-ons are working like a charm for my Silhouette frameless glasses. I had been searching for custom clip-ons that are an alternative to the very expensive and fragile Silhouette clip-ons which are notorious for breaking at the bridge (the tiny plastic tab breaks). I'm glad I found these. They seem more durable than those Silhouette ones and also do not damage my lenses like other custom clip-ons I've tried. The magnet works very well, and the clip-ons stay on securely (after you do some adjusting of the rubber-covered metal hooks on the sides). These look nice and are indeed polarized. Oh, and the price is far better than the name-brand Silhouette clip-ons. Like the other reviewer, you do need to take some photos and measurements of your glasses to submit to the seller as these are custom-made for your glasses. Quite happy with these. I would buy from this seller again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2015 10:00 AM PDT

Strike Fighters
Strike Fighters
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun FREE 3D Flying Shooter - Kindle Tablet Version, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Strike Fighters (App)
For a FREE arcade flight sim, this one is quite good. I've been looking for one like this. Lots of nicely modeled aircraft to unlock,free roam (not on rails like old Afterburner games), easy controls, great frame rates even on the first gen Kindle Fire, good sound effects. Best of all, the Amazon version is fun and free of obtrusive, annoying ads (at least on my Kindle Fire). You heard correctly, as of the writing date of this review, this game on my Kindle Fire surprisingly does NOT have ads (Update: The version I tested from the Google Play store DOES have ads in the aircraft selection menu -- which showed up on the Nexus 7). It's a keeper. If it weren't free, I'd gladly pay for a game of this caliber. That's not to say that it doesn't have its drawbacks. It is strictly air-to-air combat so far as I can tell (no bombing runs). I haven't yet encountered any flak or attacks from AA batteries. You fly solo without any wingmen. But these are minor quibbles for an excellent free game.

Update: I tried to install this on my phone from Amazon's app store, but it turns out that the Amazon version is a Kindle Tablet version!!! This is not stated in the title. So looks like you have to use the ad version for non-Kindle devices such as phones. Interestingly enough, this Kindle version DOES work on my Nexus 7 after all. It doesn't run as smoothly (occasional stuttering during play and slower transitions between aircraft in the selection menu) as the version in the Play store, but it is ad-free.

Solar Warfare
Solar Warfare
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 3D Shooter for Multiple Platforms, December 23, 2012
This review is from: Solar Warfare (App)
Runs smoothly on my HTC Evo 3D, Nexus 7, and Kindle Fire. Great little space shooter with simple, responsive controls, beautiful graphics, free-roaming environments each level, and ability to upgrade your ship. Easy enough for young kids to play. Just wish there were more levels and more powe-up options. Well worth $0.99 imho.

Fruit Devil Full
Fruit Devil Full

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of this app, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Fruit Devil Full (App)
Not sure if it's associated with a virus as others have wondered but my HTC phone with ICS software os started acting up after installing this app. My phone became unusable even after resetting it. I had to resort to removing my micro SD card to get my phone to work again. It's possible this app may not be compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich google os. There can be compatibility issues between apps and various versions of Google's Android OS (ICS, Jelly Bean, etc.). I learned the hard way when I "upgraded" to ICS and found that lots of apps no longer worked or caused my phone to overheat, burn through battery life, and constantly reboot.

A Song of Ice and Fire, (4 Vols.): A Game of Thrones / A Clash of Kings / A Storm of Swords / A Feast for Crows
by George R. R. Martin
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
88 used & new from $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Rousing Start then Slowly, Torturously Begins to Die, November 28, 2012
Reading the first two books was a great pleasure. As a fan of Tolkien's works, I felt that A Game of Thrones and Clash of Kings were like Tolkien-esque books written for modern audiences used to more risque and violent content. Best of all, they were fun and engaging with interesting characters and decent pacing. Lots of important things happened in the first two books that kept you turning pages. Then something awful happened with books 3 and 4. They lost focus and lost my interest. They got boring with too many pages devoted to characters I either didn't know or didn't care about. Occasionally there would be tidbits of intriguing content but they seemed to be few and far between, especially in Feast For Crows. It got so boring that I had to resort to listening to that book on CD. Even that was difficult. I can only hope that it gets better from here because it would be painful to imagine the series getting worse. There was so much potential.

Riptide GP
Riptide GP
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 3D Racing Game, November 28, 2012
This review is from: Riptide GP (App)
Riptide GP is a professionally made 3D racing game with excellent graphics, sound, and controls. I like that it's on water instead of land. I think it has great replay value, and it's easy to just pick up and play for brief bursts. Best of all, it's fun for all ages.

Consequence
Consequence
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic single. A must-have for A23 fans., November 28, 2012
This review is from: Consequence (MP3 Music)
Consequence is another of Mr. Shear's songs that could have easily been an album track. Excellent melody and lyrics as usual from A23, one of my favorite artists, EBM or otherwise.

Siege Hero
Siege Hero

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining and addictive game, November 28, 2012
This review is from: Siege Hero (App)
It's sort of like a first person angry birds type game but has a charm all its own. I played it from beginning to end and had a great time along the way. This game was hard to stop playing. Just wish it had more levels. Terrific FAOTD.

The Noise Inside My Head (Sonik Foundry Rmx)
The Noise Inside My Head (Sonik Foundry Rmx)
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - This is actually the Boyz Inside My Bed Remix, July 25, 2012
As of the date of this review, July 25, 2012, this was not the Sonik Foundry Remix of The Noise Inside My Head by Assemblage 23. It is actually the Boyz Inside My Bed Remix @ 4:45 play time for the track. The actual Sonic Foundry Remix is shorter @ 4:07 play time and sounds quite a bit different. Amazon needs to fix this error. I only discovered this after I downloaded the excellent Bruise Deluxe CD off of Amazon which is supposed to have both remixes but you end up getting a duplicate of the Boyz Inside My Bed Remix that is mislabeled as the Sonik Foundry Remix. Looks like I'll have to get this remix off of iTunes. :(

Page: 1 | 2 | 3