Profile for swj98 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"swj98" RSS Feed (NORWAY, SC United States)

Apa-Style Helper 2.0
Apa-Style Helper 2.0
by American Psychological Association
15 used & new from $4.32

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Do it, October 15, 2001
This review is from: Apa-Style Helper 2.0 (Hardcover)
This was actually brought to my attention by one of my professors. Obviously he never tried it. He was speaking on pure speculation. It totally sucked. I whished I would have listened to my aunt when she said purchase the book instead. I had no use for it. This product should go back to the drawing board.

The Naked Soul of Iceberg Slim
The Naked Soul of Iceberg Slim
by Iceberg Slim
18 used & new from $20.81

3.0 out of 5 stars No Slim, October 11, 2001
I am a Iceberg fan, but I just didn't like this book. It didn't catch me. I have began reading it on several occasions, but never seem to finish. I am sure that other Beck fans will enjoy this novel.

Donald Writes No More: A Biography of Donald Goines
Donald Writes No More: A Biography of Donald Goines
by Eddie Stone
19 used & new from $4.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Donald G., October 11, 2001
Donald was my favorite author. I have read every book he has published. So it seems only fit to read the biography. It was well written, and it kind of gave some insite to his writing style. I really enjoyed this book.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Creative Writing
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Creative Writing
by Laurie E. Rozakis
98 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeper, October 11, 2001
This book was well worth the money. It is not directly to the point. This is probably the only draw back. But this is a definite keeper.

White Man's Justice
White Man's Justice
by Donald Goines
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
28 used & new from $2.48

5.0 out of 5 stars One if the best, August 9, 2001
This book may have started the famous PR bonds. For thoes that are not aware. The bond allows a person to be freed from jail with out having to pay bail if it is their first offense. The court is not obligated to give you this bond, but in many cases it is offered to allow poor folk an opportunity to be freed until their court date. In this novel Donald attacked the penal system. Took it apart and exposed all of it's dark, evil component. A must read no questions asked.

Doom Fox
Doom Fox
by Iceberg Slim
Price: $9.51
61 used & new from $3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Doom Fox, August 9, 2001
This review is from: Doom Fox (Paperback)
This book was too cold even for Iceberg Slim. It left me feeling down and out; almost as if we are not in control of our lives. The writing was stunning, (its Iceberg Slim) but the book was too cold. The good guy never stood a chance. Nothing went right for the fello. Slim could have let the poor guy get something right.