Profile for Paul Spoerry > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 38

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Paul Spoerry "Paul" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Doggie Doo
Doggie Doo
Offered by FamilyFunToysandGames
Price: $19.25
42 used & new from $10.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Hit for Family Events, June 24, 2014
This review is from: Doggie Doo (Toy)
I saw a video and thought this was a joke. When I found out it was real I immediately ordered it. I took it to my family's Christmas gathering, which usually ends in my dad having the TV on and everyone just sorta zoning out. This year we broke out Doggie Doo and while some of the grandparents and uncles were skeptical and thought it was "silly" at first, after about three people took their turn smiles started appearing on the faces of everyone at the table. By the end of the first game my mom, sister, and uncle had tears running down their face they were laughing so hard. It's now a staple family party game. We play it with my son and his friends too and they crack up and think it's hilarious.

The game mechanics are super simple. Fill the dog with "food" (it's kinda Play-Doh'ish). Put your Doggie Doo shovel/scooper near his behind, roll the dice to find out how many times you pump the pumper, pump until the Doggie.... Doo's. The sounds it makes are hilarious. The laughter it produces is pure gold. Don't be fooled, while silly, this game is a gem and absolutely a hit every time we play it.

j/fit 36" High Density EVA Roller
j/fit 36" High Density EVA Roller
Price: $33.63

5.0 out of 5 stars So worth it; excellent for opening up the shoulders, June 24, 2014
This is my second high density foam roller, both from JFIT. This is just a larger version of the other I previously ordered.

I've had chronic back and neck pain for years now and one day on the Internet I saw a guy pop his back with one. I wasn't actually sure believed that it would work but the smaller one is inexpensive (not that this is expensive for it's size) so I gave it a shot. I use it several times per day. I can't tell you how much of a difference it makes in my daily life.

I recently started seeing a new physical therapist and during the initial consultation I described all the gadgets I use to help deal with the pain. She kept referring to a "bolster". which in my mind is the thing I sit on when I meditate, but eventually found out she meant a high density foam roller. I described how I use mine and she asked if I ever lay long way on it to open up the shoulders.

Which brings me to the need for this larger sized one. The smaller 18" roller is perfect for rolling down my back to pop it (it's also small enough I just tuck it under something in the living room so I always have it available... I also take it on trips with me!). This one is large enough that I need to put it away in a closet. So while I CAN roll down this one to pop my back I primarily use it to lay on and open up my shoulders. As a programmer I'm at my desk a lot, and typing/using a mouse/deskwork can cause you to tend to roll in your shoulders, collapse your frame, etc. To help adjust for this you can simply lay longway (so that it's parallel with your spine). Then just relax and let your shoulders open up. You'll feel the difference immediately. I typically use this one twice a day. Once when I wake up and then either after I'm done working or before bed.

One note: I have a cat that, for some reason, will eat or tear into anything FOAM. For instance, he chewed the feet pads off my inversion table. The smaller "super high density" foam roller (that I leave in the living room) he never touches. The 36" roller I have is the blue "high density EVA" and he HAS either clawed, nibbled on, etc this one which is an additional reason to stash it in a closet.

Glencairn Whisky Glass Set of 4
Glencairn Whisky Glass Set of 4
Offered by Richmond Home Center
Price: Click here to see our price
37 used & new from $21.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than I expected but I totally dig them, June 24, 2014
Glencairn Crystal has won a Queen's Award for Enterprise in recognition of its Glencairn Glass. It's now the whisky glass used by all Scottish and Irish distilleries.

There are a ton of awesome reviews on these that break down how they work, the origin of the design (which is fascinating: [...]), etc. So here's just a few highlights:

* When I first opened it I thought they were puny. I think the shape was just visually deceiving. They hold plenty per drink and I've since come to really appreciate the size.

* A few reviewers have said they feel flimsy or of poor quality. I'm unsure what they're used to drinking from because these feel sturdy and of high quality to me. I've never felt I need to be overly careful with them and I run them through the dishwasher.

* If you flick the rim it makes that nice *ping* sound.

* The first time I offer a drink to a guest or they see me drinking from one it's an immediate conversation piece.

Mr. T-shirt, (Many Colors) Funny T-shirts, Mr. T T-shirt, Large, Red
Mr. T-shirt, (Many Colors) Funny T-shirts, Mr. T T-shirt, Large, Red
Offered by UltraD INC

3.0 out of 5 stars I pity the fool who doesn't think this shirt is funny, June 24, 2014
The first day I wore this shirt I was a little peeved because NOBODY commented or giggled at it. Apparently, that day was a fluke. Every day since I get at least one comment, a grin and a nod, etc. It's clever and I'm surprised I'd never seen one before. The image and the text are subtle enough that I don't feel like I'm screaming "LOOK AT THIS TSHIRT" but still visible enough that when people see it they giggle.

The quality of the shirt is just so-so. The material feels slightly course and while it says pre-shrunk I still have to stretch it out to get it to feel like it fits just right.

Hilarious shirt, so-so quality

Sentry Calming Collar for Cats, 3-Pack
Sentry Calming Collar for Cats, 3-Pack
Price: $16.87
21 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my cat sane, January 7, 2014
GOODbehavior Pheromone Calming Collar Cat by Sentry

Who would buy this:
Someone who has a cat that is a jerk. No seriously... this changed my cat.

Pros:
* It's like Prozac for cats. I have a cat that I got for my kid. He turned out to be a devil kitten. No drapes, curtains, furniture, etc could stand his wrath. I thought I did something wrong with him; I thought I'd maybe messed him up somehow (first cat I'd ever had)... until I got more cats. Turns out he was just a jerk. The other cats didn't really like him. He didn't really like anybody else. He was moody and not very friendly. He also over eats so much that he has Type II diabetes and I have to buy him special food and isolate his food from the other animals' food. Still... once I bought this collar I couldn't BELIEVE the change. He'll actually cuddle now. It's pretty much non-stop head-boops/cat hugs from him now. He'll now wrestle with the other boy cat too.

Cons:
* You need a new one every month
* You need one per cat (if you want the each cat to have one)
* Not all cats respond the same way. We have three cats at our house. One is/was a jerk and this had a huge impact on him. The other two did not respond well at all. One of our cats is VERY outgoing and friendly. He basically hid from the moment we put it on him. The other is a female, friendly but picky who she socializes with... it made her numb out.

Value for money:
Despite the fact I have to spend on a cat I don't/didn't really like to make him a cat I can/do like. It's totally worth it.

The Skeptic's Annotated Bible
The Skeptic's Annotated Bible
by Steve Wells
6 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best version of the bible I own, January 7, 2014
This is a beautiful hardcover book. It looks great laying out on my bookshelf. The books has category icons to indicate: contradictory, unjust, cruel, misogynistic, violent, contradictory, plain absurd. It's proven to be an awesome resource whenever I get into "one of those discussions", as I can reach for my handy annotated book and quickly show what the bible says on a particular topic. Very well done and well worth the money.

Acer C720 Chromebook (11.6-Inch, 2GB)
Acer C720 Chromebook (11.6-Inch, 2GB)
Offered by CircuitCity
Price: $235.39
34 used & new from $165.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speed, good trackpad, excellent value for the price, January 7, 2014
I bought this to replace my girlfriends aging 17" HP laptop. It was heavy and so hot that you had to use a lap cooler (which made it even more heavy to lug around). When she told me she wanted a Chromebook I was skeptical and kept re-iterating that it wasn't a "real laptop".

I am SO GLAD I bought this for her; she loves it. It's a lot quicker than I expected it to be and it holds up well under all her tabs (she's a tab-a-holic). The keyboard has good action and the trackpad is easy to use... not as nice as my older Macbook Pro but still better than my Dell XPS. Since most everything is web based and you're given a generous amount of Google Drive space the 16GB SSD doesn't feel cramped. Best of all it's super light and portable so she's very comfortable moving around the house with it. Battery life is pretty awesome as well so she doesn't feel the need to constantly reach for a charger. It's so impressive that I'm on a waiting list to get one myself.

Sport Armband for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 / 2 without a case; Also fits OtterBox Galaxy S4 / S3 Defender / Commuter Series Cases and more
Offered by Tune Belt, Inc.
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Armband for Galaxy Note 3, January 7, 2014
This armband is large enough to hold my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 both in it's case and snug enough to hold it when it's not in it's case. Everything is easy to get to and it's easy to slide the phone in and out of the case. I use it while jogging and it's secure on my arm with no worries of it flying off or of my device popping out of it.

Dancing with Jesus: Featuring a Host of Miraculous Moves
Dancing with Jesus: Featuring a Host of Miraculous Moves
by Sam Stall
Edition: Board book
Price: $8.19
69 used & new from $1.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus: The original b-boy. "The son of man did not come to be served, but to serve. Mathew 20:28, January 7, 2014
This book is an absolute stroke of genius. It was obviously divinely inspired. Two of the dances are animated for full effect by a lenticular cover... so you move it back and forth and Jesus shows you the moves in the holiest of ways. This is an awesome conversation starter and a great coffee table book.

If when you saw this book you though to yourself "no way!" you should reconsider and say "Yahweh!" instead and buy this gem of a book.

Furby Party Rockers Creature (Dark Blue with Horns)
Furby Party Rockers Creature (Dark Blue with Horns)
Offered by CSTMALL
Price: $7.95
146 used & new from $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomely loud toy... great gift for my nephew, January 7, 2014
I purchased the Furby Party Rockers Creature (Dark Blue with Horns) after doing a web search for the loudest toys for 2013. It didn't disappoint. I'd bought my niece the light blue one and she LOVED it. My sister thinks it comes from the bowls of hade (kinda why I bought them). Of course I'd be a bad uncle if I didn't buy my nephew a companion one to talk to the one I bought my neice. The thing makes sounds/words/Furby-speak pretty much non-stop. It's pretty funny sounding and the kids all loved it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4