Profile for Burnt > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Burnt RSS Feed

Oxford American Handbook of Anesthesiology (Oxford American Handbooks)
Oxford American Handbook of Anesthesiology (Oxford American Handbooks)
by Patrick M. McQuillan

5.0 out of 5 stars Best handbook out there, period, October 12, 2011
The best handbook I own. I actually used it almost on a daily basis during training. It's like a mini-jaffe, but better. There's an itunes version of it, if you're more inclined for that format.

Obstetric Anesthesia: Principles and Practice, 3e
Obstetric Anesthesia: Principles and Practice, 3e
by David H. Chestnut MD
36 used & new from $3.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Thorough, October 12, 2011
The definitive OB anesthesia textbook.

Purchased this book for a 3 month high risk OB rotation at a department that averaged 200-300 births a month. This book is extremely detailed; way more information than I needed. I probably read a quarter of it while I was doing the rotation. Now that I'm in practice I rarely do OB, but it is nice to have this in my library.

CableWholesale 25-Feet Composite Video Cable RCA Male/RCA Male High Quality (10R2-01125)
Price: $10.08
21 used & new from $4.45

5.0 out of 5 stars No Complaints, October 12, 2011
Works flawlessley for attaching my projector to my TV's tuner. Clearly very high quality, it feels like it will last a long time. No complaints.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting, October 12, 2011
Calling this a book is a stretch...it's more like a booklet. However, the material was interesting, although it wasn't really fleshed out. I know that this is one of Ross's earlier works, and that he has since expounded on this idea. I'm happy to have added this to my library though.

Plantronics .Audio 20 Analog Headset
Plantronics .Audio 20 Analog Headset

3.0 out of 5 stars Same issue as the other reviewer, October 12, 2011
As soon as I opened the box the earpiece cover literally disintigrated in my hands. I used another cover from other headphones. Functionally it performs well, I was able to be heard perfectly while playing games, and the headset wasn't uncomfortable.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, October 12, 2011
It's cheap, it works. Speaker buzzes a little at anything over half volume or with some bass, which means I can't really run it at full volume. I use it with an Ipod touch.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2011 3:30 PM PDT

Acer X1161P 3D-DLP Projector
Acer X1161P 3D-DLP Projector
7 used & new from $170.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance on a low price projector, September 18, 2011
I initially debated between an LED projector like the Favi RIO and a lamp projector - so glad I settled on this one. Shows a great picture in a room with lights on, mainly using this for Disney movies and TV shows, as well as streaming netflix.

This isn't a 1080p image, so look elsewhere if you just have to have the sharpest image possible - but if you're just interested in watching good looking movies on a big screen this is your projector. For the prices it's unbeatable.

I bought a mount -PCMD Projector Ceiling Mount for Acer X1161P that works very well - highly recommend it for this projector - much better (and cheaper) than generic mounts.

Also bought 50' of composite cable for a tv signal from our tuner to the projector (we have an older tv that needed a digital tuner).

True, there is no audio in. No big deal. I bought a 2.1 sound system for $27 Insignia 2.1 Computer Speaker System NS-PCS21, used the aux in with a volume control for the TV tuner and DVD audio and plugged it into my laptop for neflix etc.

All of that for under $400 - a complete home theater system that I can also take outside during the summer for block parties or whatever. Definitely worth the money for my application (movies for my kids, netflix).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2012 5:10 PM PST

PCMD Projector Ceiling Mount for Acer X1161P
PCMD Projector Ceiling Mount for Acer X1161P
Offered by Projector Ceiling Mounts Direct
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, fits the X1161P perfectly, September 18, 2011
Bought this for a projector I bought here on amazon. The mount is well designed; you can mount the base to the ceiling (or wherever) which then screws into a ball and socket joint that is mounted on the panel that you mount the projector on. This allows the projector to be easily mounted and taken down from the ceiling without taking the whole mount down.

The ball and socket is a great design that allows you to precisely position the projector and then tighten it. It holds whatever position you put the projector in very well.

My only quibble is that the screws to mount the plate to the projector were a little too long. No big deal though.

The construction feels very solid and secure, but unobtrusive - it's a small mount that is not visible unless you're looking at the projector from the side.

If I can figure out how to post a picture I will.

Highly recommend this mount, and this company if you need a mount that specifically fits your projector - it appears that they sell many different kinds. Definitely a better mount than a generic mount.

Scaling the Secular City: A Defense of Christianity
Scaling the Secular City: A Defense of Christianity
by J. P. Moreland
Price: $21.53
121 used & new from $0.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, September 4, 2011
An older book, but provides a solid foundation for apologetics. Provides a sketch of most of the prevelant theories (although many have been altered since this book was published).

A good resource for anyone on either side of the theism debate.