Profile for Waxposse > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Waxposse RSS Feed

ViewSonic PJD5523w WXGA DLP Projector - 720p, HDMI, 2700 Lumens, 3000:1 DCR, 120Hz/3D Ready, Speaker
4 used & new from $375.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for home movies!, March 6, 2012
After having problems with and returning a different manufacturers projector I bit the bullet and spent a little more on this projector. It was worth it. Crisp colours, easy use and a high quality picture make this perfect for movie night. I can even project a movie straight onto the wallpaper (cream coloured) and it still looks great! Definitely recommended!!

Also, I have to thank Amazon in this case who bent over backwards to sort out a few problems with the return of the other projector and purchase of this one. For customer service, Amazon gets 5 stars too!

Canon WP-DC32 Waterproof Case for SD960IS Digital Elph Camera
Canon WP-DC32 Waterproof Case for SD960IS Digital Elph Camera
Offered by Ace Photo
Price: $159.99
5 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing..., November 20, 2011
Great pictures and no wet camera!! Great!! Took this while snorkelling and managed to get 720 pictures from my digital camera instead of the usual 100 on dry land. Clarity is wonderful though it does steam up sometimes when the camera gets hot.

Optoma Neo-i / DV20A, 50 Lumens, All-in-One LED Gametime Projector (Black)
Optoma Neo-i / DV20A, 50 Lumens, All-in-One LED Gametime Projector (Black)
Price: $487.89
18 used & new from $95.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Great while it lasted but..., November 20, 2011
Right, as I said it was great while it lasted. Unfortunately for me it only lasted 20 minutes! As soon as I received the product I unpacked it and tried my iPOD touch out. Great!! The sound and picture were awesome for such a cheap projector. I watched a music video or two and then turned it off. Next day, I decided to watch a movie through the iPOD touch (2nd Gen running iOS 4.2) with my wife. Inserted the iPOD, turned the projector on and my iPOD says "This accessory is not compatible with your iPOD touch". I tried erasing and reloading the iPOD touch just in case and still nothing. When I turn the projector on I get the splash screen with the Optoma logo but now the projector won't project anything else, not even the menu or when switching inputs! I can hear audio through the speakers but no picture!!! I even tried pressing the picture off button on the remote but this also does not help... I also tried plugging my camera in and the DVD player and I still get nothing projected.

This happened at the start of last week so I emailed Optoma Customer Support AND Technical Support. Still no reply. To be honest, if there is no reply next week I'm sending it back to Amazon and buying another manufacturers projector. If they do reply and fix the problem then I will most definitely increase the review to 4 stars at least... we'll wait and see what happens...

UPDATE: Product returned after trying to email Optoma Help several times with no reply I returned the projector and bought one from a different company. It was a shame too as, for the short time it did work, it seemed like a great iece of equipment!! This means it stays at the 1 star rating (for the most important thing - customer service)... 5 stars to Amazon's customer service for being so helpful though!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2012 3:27 AM PDT